Sam's Club Optical — defective scratch guard!
I purchased a pair of glasses from Sam's Club Optical less than 6 months ago. I purchased the Scratch Guard coating to be applied to them. To date, my glasses have several markings on both lenses that are jaggered looking. I took my glasses into the club where I purchased them and the lady there said she never saw anything like it.
Now, I where my glasses all day long and they are NEVER put in a glass case. I have never dropped my glasses and I only use the cleaner that Sam's Club sells. I wipe them with a soft hankerchief. When I am not wearing them, I sit them in my vanity cupboard.
I have another pair of glasses which I have had almost 7 years and I use these to wear outdoors doing yard work or when I am doing my hair and spraying hairspray. These glasses also have scratch guard on them. These glasses have been dropped, accidentally stepped on and have weathered daily use of many hair products. These glasses have one little scratch on them.
My complaint is that I believe that the scratch guard that was used on my glasses is defective or was not applied properly. My lens have no grooves or ridges to indicate any misuse of the lenses on my part. I have wore glasses all my life and have never encountered or seen anything like what I am seeing on my lenses.
They did offer to pay for the replacement of one lenses, however, told me they could not guarantee it would not happen again. Why would I want to have one lens replaced with the same coating only to know that it will happen again and I properly care of my glasses.
Thank you for your time and serious consideration.
More Sam's Club Optical Complaints & Reviews
- Sam's Club - plus card membership
- Sam's Club - extended warranty &exceptional service&
- Sam's Club - do not purchase jewelry there
- Sam's Club - Extended Warranty - beware of sam's club computer warranty
- Smart Circle - Direc Tv - Sam's Club - scam artist
- Sam's Club / Sam's West - my chips
- Sam's Club / Sam's West - pies in bakery
- Sam's Club / Sam's West - cell phone
- Sam's Club - parking lot liability
- Sam's Club - misrepresentation