Saks Off 5thsent wrong item — won't refund until they receive returned item — won't send me what I ordered

D Nov 07, 2018

I ordered a Bobbi Brown lip palette for $166. I was sent a Bobbi Brown concealer palette that had been used. The box of concealer was stuffed into the lip palette box, so somebody that works there stole the lip palette & just stuffed the empty box with the concealer palette so there wouldn't be an empty box hanging around the warehouse. I called to report this & they told me that I had to return the item, wait 10-14 days for a refund, and if I wanted the lip palette I had to place a new order. I've never heard of a return/exchange/refund policy like that, ever. Based on many reviews I have read online & how many people sent merchandise back only to not receive a refund, I am not returning something that was clearly used when it was shipped to me & be accused of using it & being denied a refund. I asked them to just send me what I ordered and I will return the concealer palette & they refused to do that. I am just going to file for a chargeback with my credit card company. If Off Fifth wants to challenge it, they can. I am not sending this back & wait 2 weeks for a refund and place another order & be out $166 x 2. I am very disappointed. And the customer service rep & his supervisor were rude. There is no written policy for receiving the wrong order. Returning the wrong item I was sent & having to wait 2 weeks for a refund is absurd. No other online seller I have ever ordered from has a return policy like that.