Having problems with Roomster?

Roomster reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 7, 2007. The latest review Subscription was posted on Jul 30, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorized charges was resolved on Mar 04, 2020. Roomster has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 124 reviews. Roomster has resolved 21 complaints.

Roomster Customer Service Contacts

285 W Broadway Rm 320
New York, New York
United Kingdom
1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, North Finchley, London N12 0DR, England, UK

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Roomster Customer Service. Initial Roomster complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Roomster above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Roomster. Discuss the issues you have had with Roomster and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Roomster Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Roomstersubscription

On December 12th, the website Roomster charged me with $45, 95 without my consent.

I have recently decided to try Roomster's service through the 3 days subscription, but today I discovered that they charged me for a full year without my consent at all.

I am living in France, and under European Law for the protection of consumer, this behavior is prohibited, you cannot make a tacit agreement for such a subscription. I haven't receive a notice of reconduction or for any subscription of this kind. I don't have any confirmation of subscription at all, nor notification of reconduction. I don't have even a receipt.

I thereby ask for a refund of my money as soon as possible, please note that such an action is prohibited and punished by law in Europe. Please repair your action.

Regards,

Quentin ALEXANDRE
q.[protected]@outlook.fr

subscription
subscription

Roomsters.comroommate match

Agreed to help my son find a roommate. While researching on Craigslist the information for a roommate popped up. I clicked for more information and had to sign up with Roomsters in order to contact this person. There was a reasonable $5.95 charge for 3 days. I read the contract agreement and if I didn't cancel after the 3rd day I would be charged $45.95 for 30 days service. Roomsters did send me (by email) roommate notifications and said there was messages waiting to be read by possible roommate matches.

My son notified me that he found a roommate through another source and I no longer needed to continue my search.

On the 3rd day...I cancelled with Roomsters on their site. They even asked me questions about my cancellation and wanted to know if the site helped me find a roommate. This was confirmation for me that I properly cancelled the listing. I did continue to receive emails notifying me that there were messages waiting for me to read. I knew I had cancelled and believed this was just Roomsters way of luring ppl back to the site and then would charge if I tried to open and read the messages. I never went back to the site aft I cancelled.

A few days later I was checking my credit card statement and noticed this Roomsters company did charge me the $5.95 for the 3 days I agreed to...
    BUT...they ALSO charged me for the 30 days at a ridiculous amt of $45.95. How can they charge me for something I cancelled within the proper time frame? I tried calling the phone number Roomsters has listed and it is NO GOOD. Their email address is NO GOOD. The phone number they have listed with my credit card company is NO GOOD.
    So...I had to cancel my credit card to keep from being billed in the future. I am sending letters to my credit card dispute department and to ROOMSTERS (if their mailing address is not fake too). Also, contacting the Better Business Bureau. When a person can not reach a business by email or phone number...something is not right!

Don't let this company deceive you.

• Updated by Kaddison2001 · Dec 13, 2016

I recently sent notice to my credit card and to Roomster! Still waiting!

• Qu
        Quentin ALEXANDRE Dec 13, 2016

Hi ! I am just in the same situation ! Have you got any solution so far? This is so unacceptable ! Here in France, this behavior is prohibited by law.

Roomstersite filled with perverts and it charged me for subscription I didn't ask for

Got charged $90 for a subscription I didn't sign up for, when I only signed up for a $5 subscription when I was trying it out. On top of that, I got hit up by some random old dude through text that got my number through the app, asking if I was into any "nudists activities". Unless you are into that nasty b.s., then stay off this scam app.

site filled with perverts and it charged me for subscription I didn't ask for

Roomster.comfishing on other sites

I have been using another (paid, not CL) site to look for a roommate, and have had no less than 3 replies thanking me for my interest and then directing me to Roomster for the rest of the information. I think the people who own / manage Roomster are using other sites unethically to manipulate people into switching over to Roomster. Roomster does a cooler name; its just too bad its owners / managers have no virtue and no dignity.

Roomstersomeone fraudulently used my email!

Recently I've started to get emails from Roomster but I have no idea what this site is about! I never signed up and never heard about it.
          I received a message that my account was deleted.
          So I contacted these guys to see what this all was about. Someone fraudulently used my email and I wanted to know who.
          Roomster refused to provide any information even though someone used my email without my notice!

Roomsterbilling

This company has very dishonest billing practices. I was charged 29.95 without consenting to it. They claim I consented to the charge when I initially signed up, but I did not. I consented to the 14.95 charge for 15 days only. There appears to be no live person to speak with-ever. I would like to get in on a class action law suit against them. Not to mention, there service is not good anyway. It's nothing but a a lot of international scammers.

Roomsterunauthorized charges

I decided to try Roomster and after I signed up I was charged $6. Well, that was not too much, so I was not disappointed after I could not find a room. I went to another site and completely forgot about Roomster. Several days later I received a message saying I was automatically signed up for who knows what and will be charged $30 every month! They never asked me if I wanted to sign up for their monthly plan. These people are cheaters!

Roomsterawful!

I think all the positive reviews about Roomster are written by their employees. Roomster is horrible and the only thing they can do well is stealing your money. They will just rob you and there is no way for you to contact them. You can actually send them messages, but they will ignore them all, so it’s just a waste of time. They also have a message board on their website where you can leave your comments, but no one actually reads the messages you post on this board. I joined this site and signed up for a 3 day trial (paid $6). But when I signed up for 3 days I just want three days! I did not want a 6 months membership! I am just going to keep leaving complaints about Roomster on different websites.

RESOLVED

• Ro
                    Roomster Jan 21, 2016

complaint sites are ridiculous! "Robert" who has no real identifiable information leaves a nasty review about a company with nothing but inaccurate information, slander and untruths about a business and excitedly claims he's going to leave more reviews like this all over the internet.

Positive reviews about a company are possible "Robert" We work very hard for our customers and do provide excellent customer service via our 24/7 customer service help desk! There is no 6 month membership. If you purchase any of our subscriptions, You can cancel at at any time, and if you were unsatisfied I am sure you would have received a refund, but chances are you raced to leave this bad review before we could even get back to you!

Please contact us directly with your identifiable information and let's see if we can provide a positive solution.

Roomster.comunethical bureaucracy

I can't stand companies like this. There should be a law against doing business this way. Like I read before, I too signed up for the 3 day $5.95 package (which I couldn't access my messages on the third day because the page wouldn't load via my phone, tablet, and desktop) and as soon as that 3 days was up I was quickly charged the $29.95 fee. On top of having no prospective roommates except two that I contacted whom never contacted me back. I'm still trying to figure out how to outlaw companies like this and possibly getting a class action lawsuit against them. Please contact me if this sparks interest because I'm definitly in.

• As
                      Ashlei Tabor Jul 06, 2016

They did the same thing to me and I have contacted support and no help and I am now having. To fight this with the better business bureau! I think a class action lawsuit is the best idea as they are falsely advertising.

• Ka
                      Kamal Yadav Jan 03, 2016

ROOMSTER is absolutely unethical in doing business. The comment is not correct. Why does somebody renew automatically for 30 days. One may miss fine prints. On ther hand most of the queries are not legitimate, it appears like. 24/7 is automated response. No personal hearing??? What 24/7 are you talking about? It asks you to go and visit websit thats all. I agree with 77046 ROOMSTER is unethical.

John272627 Dec 31, 2015

This is a really unfair criticism that's posted, did you contact Roomster's 24/7 support helpdesk. We would have been able to help you with any problems that you may have had. To our knowledge there have been no recent outages reported anytime. There is also no way that you would have been renewed earlier then 3 days as are the authorized subscription fees. If you can give us your information we can certainly provide assistance. We have served millions of members and the percentage of complaints on "complaint" specific sites are low.

Roomster.comscam site

Last year I responded to Craigslist add for a house-share opportunity and somebody responded recommending to see more info on Roomster.com. Among the several adds that I responded to on Roomster there were no good validated opportunities. Then my 'free' account stopped working and Roomster demanded payment and started forwarding spam to my email. Recently, I posted on Craigslist seeking a houseshare and received an email that appeared that it was from a real person but the email arrived too soon after my posting and...again...it directed me to Roomster.com. Roomster now demands a credit card in advance of any activity. I responded to the email via Craigslist and no response. It was a PHISHING reply to my Craigslist post. Roomster.com is a complete scam. Don't take the bait.

Roomster.commisleading charges

Roomster.com misleads its consumers and charges them automatic subscriptions without them knowing. Typically if a consumer is unaware of automatic charges a "GOOD" business would refund them the first time it happens, but not Roomster.com. They will not refund you your money and will continue to take money out of your account for as long as they can. They have no shame and out to get your money. Not an ethical business, at all!!

Roomster.compoor business practices and site design

I have used the site extensively. The trick is to be a day or so ahead of the automatic bill pay by canceling it immediately before that time. For this, I recommend using PayPal to insure that your auto billing will be canceled as you wish.

Also, the site is the most terribly designed site in the world. When ever someone responds to your e-mail and vice versa, the site uses a sliding bar to navigate through the e-mails. You literally have to hold down your cursor over the bar and slide it down to navigate from one e-mail to the next. When you wish to delete old e-mail, you literally have to open up each and every e-mail and delete it one by one--tedious to say the least. The funny thing is that when using the sliding bar, one can scroll over each e-mail and there appears an "x", which leads one to believe that you can clearly delete this e-mail. No such logic, it is to archive the e-mail. Again, not logical at all.

As well, upon logging into the site, your e-mail indicator (an envelope at the top left of the page's site) indicates a substantive amount of e-mail. This is very deceptive, as this is a list of cumulative e-mails inclusive of those you send. Remember, it is so time consuming and tedious to delete e-mail. It has to be deleted by opening each e-mail and deleting it one by one.

When you receive a message from a subscriber, the site will send you an e-mail alert on your personal e-mail. This is a great idea--except clicking on the link takes you to the sending party's profile, not to the actual e-mail. Again, design fail.

One last bit of note, I will not blame the site for this, many will e-mail you requesting housing accommodations for far less than your requested amount. I don't know if this is because some subscribers don't read or assume you will like their picture enough to give away the room you are renting. Overall, I would not recommend this site. Good luck to anyone who uses it otherwise.

Roomster Corp — unauthorized billing

This is to submit that I have been unlawfully robbed of my money, a total of $59.90. I had initially...

Roomster.comvery useful site

I just got a job for a food company in Austin and I was living in a suburb about three hours away at the time. I commuted for the first week until I realized I need a place, and fast! I went online to see what my options were and I came across Roomster. The site was simple and the layout was intuitive. I made a profile and looked through a few listings for a few days and started messaging different users. Soon enough I found a really good deal on a very affordable room in a place. Couldn’t be happier to be living in the big city now! Excited for this next chapter in my life.

Roomster.comso fast and more easy to use

I used to date this girl who was what you might “eccentric”. At first I loved that about her. She’d surprise me with the most bizarre and spontaneous things. One day she shows up to my place wearing a helmet and goggles and tells me she booked us for skydiving lessons on a whim! I love adventures so for me I thought this was a perfect match. We had some really amazing times together but things started to take a turn for the worse after her father passed away. I know it might seem insensitive of me but after her loss she became extremely irritable and moody to the point where she was constantly depressed and perhaps even suicidal. I knew that this was a very unhealthy relationship so I begged her to come to counseling with me so that she could get the help she needed. She refused to even consider the fact that she might need professional help and I was not sure what to do. The final straw came when she showed up outside my building at 4am one night screaming about how she wanted to kill me for not being there for her in her time of need. This continued for a few days until I finally got a restraining order against her. Unfortunately she didn’t care and would continue to harass me at my home. I knew I had to move. I found Roomster online and thank god I did because I don’t know how much longer I could have dealt with that craziness. The site was so easy to use and I found a really great place with very little effort. Lets hope my next girlfriend isn’t nuts!

• Ru
                                Ruth and Kevin Dec 13, 2014

Jack if you are a grown man dating girls rather then women as you admit you need to be arrested.

• Ru
                                Ruth and Kevin Nov 04, 2014

Five "different" people and counting possibly all writing good reviews for Roomstar, my guess is corp is writing this themselves or are paying people to write good reviews.

• Gr
                                Grudeine Jun 13, 2011

Tried using this site to locate a roommate. In all of Greater Cincinnati there were only two or three people actively looking for roommates. There were plenty of profiles, just not active profiles. The site was totally useless.

Roomster.comthis is a wonderful website in usa

I don’t ever see in such of this website like Roomster.This is a wonderful website in USA.Roomster helps me to find out any room as I needed.And many of room’s cost are very cheap. I renting my room with in 10 days and this is possible only for roomster.com. So I am very pleased with Rommster.com.So I want to give Roomster in 5 star and I always use Roomster.com

this is a wonderful website in usa

Roomster.comperfect site for room rent

I have a lot of idea about renting any room because sometimes i change my room. All of renting sites i like Roomster.com most. Because in this site i rent my room within 1 week every times.I found the site to be easy to use and straight forward. If you need Rooms you can go without any hesitation. I recommend this all time.

perfect site for room rent

Roomster.combest site ever

I am Maxwell.I don't think ever that room can be rented from website.I search to google for renting room then I see roomster.com.I submit my location and budget and I get my preferable room.So I tell everyone to use roomster.com.Its customer service was great. Thanks roomster.com

best site ever

Roomster and John Shriber — credit card scam

Roomster is a well documented fraudulent company and I fell for their scam. Like all the other complaints and...

Roomster Scam John Shriber Fraud — fraud and scam

Roomster is a total scam. I was charged illegally on my credit card and when i tried to reach someone online...