Having problems with Re/Max?

Re/Max reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Real estate agent attitude was posted on Sep 23, 2021. The latest complaint Unethical Behavior was resolved on Sep 12, 2021. Re/Max has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 117 reviews. Re/Max has resolved 38 complaints.

Re/Max Customer Service Contacts

5075 S. Syracuse Street
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Re/Max Customer Service. Initial Re/Max complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Re/Max above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Re/Max. Discuss the issues you have had with Re/Max and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Re/Max Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Remaxunethical practices

Mr. Ballagh has a sour method to practicing real estate. After a contract was placed and agreed upon on a house he was selling, he pulled out to take a better offer. It put a single mom and 3 kids out of a home and placed a few more dollars in HIS pocket. He has no regard for morals.

4 Responses
    • Br
      browin Mar 09, 2016

i bought a house from them and they gave me bad service.

• 21
      216er4life Nov 06, 2011

Re/Max is by far the WORST company in history! We looked at houses for 3 years; in that time EVERY experience we ever had with a Re/Max agent was horrendous! At least three of them never even showe up when we had scheduled a showing! They also are (as stated above) UNETHICAL as heck!!! I can't believe they are still in business to be honest! We also looked at a house which was for rent. Ok we were willing to rent it, as advertised- we never got a response- we had to hire a seperate agent and STILL this idiot didn't respond!!! Her name is Linda, works out of the Pepper Pike office, in Ohio. Then we offered to buy the home (we offered 5 thousand under asking) and STILL had problems getting a response! The owners lived in Florida. I am fairly certain this was a racial discrimination case- but we didn't care enough to pursue it.oh, and the house was a stigmatized property! It had been on the market for years! Guess what? 2 years later, it is back on the market, listed with a different brokerage, for 50, 000 less!

Nothing123 Nov 15, 2009

I rented from Re/Max in Wilmington, NC through an Agent named Karen and when we moved into the house it was disgusting. Nothing was cleaned like we were advised it would be. So I took pictures of the place just in case. After a few months of dealing with there problems and not getting the help we needed for things to be taken care of we (roommate) decided to leave and move to a better place. Our deposit was taken away for a water bill that was so called not paid (we have proof of payment) and they power washed the house and redid the paint job all on our deposit. VERY crooked if you ask me.. Going through a legal battle now.. BE AWARE!!!

Marissa24 Oct 27, 2009

Until escrow closes you can't bank on anything. Keep the "for sale" sign up until escrow closes.

ReMax Preferred Choice Properties Timeshare Sales — took my money and did nothing

I paid $600 to this company with the agreement that they would sell my timehsare within one year, two year...

Remaxrude service

The experience started well : All smiles and courtesy was handed to us until we paid $ 8000.00 in advance and signed the contracts. After that, rudeness and arrogance replaced smiles and professional mannerisms.
    As the following points required for us to visit Remax, it suddenly felt like we had brought with us a massive task for them to tend to. Rolling eyes and deep sighs was our most common welcome !!!
    1- No keys to the letter box, (greatly needed to receive important documents from France)
    2- Mold and dust on walls and doors (it was promised upon inspection that this would be taken care of!)- Cleaner did not ever come back
    3- Dryer not working (5 weeks to get someone to come out and fix!!!)
    4- Stains on carpets not mentioned on inspection report

*These are just the main problems encountered in the 1st 2 weeks
    In the matter of the letter box keys, i went Remax every second day and kept getting the same answer :” We are still trying to reach the owner...you should show some patience”
    Having reached my wit’s end, i contacted a friend who’s been in Australia for over 20 years and asked him to come in to their office and help me talk to them.
    As we once more asked what progress have been made, he sat there quietly until he heard our property manager simply tell us that things like this” just happen this way in Australia”. The moment he started to talk in Australian, and not in a struggling “Frenglish”, demanding that a locksmith be called in straightaway etc, she changed her behaviour very quickly and started asking exactly who he was etc...
    Magically, within the next 5 minutes, she had managed to finally contact the owner, got permission to send in a locksmith the next day!!! The next day, they, once more magically, found the original keys?!?!?!?!?
    In mid January, we decided to extend our stay in beautiful Noosa and went in to Remax, asked to talk to the property manager to extend but she wasn’t available. I left my details with the receptionist. No one returned my call so i called a few days later, was transferred to our managers answering service and left a message...Still no response until a week later, on Friday 30th January.

I called her back on the following day, Saturday 31st. She made it clear that she was not happy to be disturbed on a Saturday but did tell me that she would contact the owner on the Monday and would call me back...I am still waiting for that call today!!!
    In the meantime, I started to look for another place to rent for our last 6 weeks in Noosa, as my lease with Remax was almost over ( 3rd March) and found something close by with another agency(starting on the 5th March).
    On the 25th of February I went in to Remax to see what i needed to do to finalise the unit and get the bond back, as the process is very different back home.

This is when she told me that i would have to pay rent until the 10th of March, making up a 14 day notice. Hmmmm, interesting but nevertheless written on our agreement.
    So i contacted my friend again as the language barrier was too great once more. (Everybody i have met in Noosa is nice, patient, understanding and make efforts to speak a little slower so I can understand better; all except Remax staff who just seem to get so very irritated when they speak no slower and have to repeat themselves.)
    The property manager came out and when my friend asked firstly why my messages had not been returned, all she could repeat (3 times!!!) was that the receptionists at Remax were not trained as property managers so what happened between the front desk and the property managers, she had no control over!?!?!? Sorry, even today i still cannot see the connection between her not calling me back over the period of 6 weeks and the receptionist not having any training for property management!!!
    Anyway, i told her that my experience with Remax had been terrible from the start and she simply replied : Well, I can’t talk about previous events or the property manager who gave you the rental contract back in November because she is no longer working for us.(Mind you, my friend and did see the previous manager walk past twice in the corridor, wearing her Remax shirt) Another amazing Remax unsolved mystery
    All in all. She didn’t have very much to say through this meeting, other than, in a very serious, suddenly informative yet quite threatening voice, she said that if I chose to contact the RTA or go as far as the tribunal to argue this extra 7 day payment, that I would quite certainly not see a cent from my bond for weeks if not months!
    Well, we are certainly not desperate for this money at all but, out of principle, refuse to pay.
    Had we been treated with professional mannerism and a little respect at any point through our dealings with Remax, instead of having to endure rudeness, arrogance, insults, incompetent service, endless sighs and eye rolling when we had to physically come in and attempt to get results for ourselves, we would certainly not be in this situation today...
    Do the owners have any idea how their properties are being managed??? I wonder!!!
    My friend’s work involves working with real estates and he says that it is by far the worst service he has come across in the 15 years of being in business.

• Do
        dosomething Nov 08, 2009

They are the most unorganised business i have ever had to deal with all they are trying to do is rip off ever tennant that goes through their realestate. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it over and over again like they do someone needs to do something about it!

Remaxshady agent

he man is the wost person in all the real estate that I know of. What he is a broker then he turns around and collect by being the landlord also. Because the houses is in his name. He also sleep with women who have money so he can use some of their money for his purposes. sunil makes shady deals with people to get them approve for home loans so they can buy houses. The clients don't know until it's to late. basicly it's this he get someone to approve on a loan for a home, make a deal with the loan applicate to get a piece of the loan. then turn around money off of property that he sold because he 's the broker. If the home ends up back on the market he do the same process all over again. Now with his own property he get one of his buddies in his office to do the paper work for him. He puts the house on the market pull the equadity out still collect the attends rent make money off the sell as the home owner plus get a cut from the buddy that did the sale. This did'nt sound right to me the first time I heard it but to many people that delt with him that I came across says the same thing that SUNIL SIGNH can't be trusted.

Madd Mike Aug 18, 2009

Turn his ### into the local Realtor Association office. It is idiots like this that give the rest of us Realtors a bad name. Michael Keller, Windermere-South Regal of Spokane, WA

RE/MAX HiNet - Team Athey – Remarkable Property Management — lack of professionalism

RE/MAX HiNet - Team Athey – Remarkable Property Management is home to some of the most unprofessional...

Remax Realty Consultantsracial steering

My husband and I were looking to purchase a home and we worked with FRED DIPRENDA owner/agent at Remax in Caldwell. We asked to view some specific properties and we refused. He said we were not right for the area and it or we werent suitable. At first we didnt say anything. But after time passed we became more and more enraged in this day and age he would do such a thing. He is unprofessional and deserves to be cited and fined for his behavior. We are now consulting with out lawyer and will be filing a formal grieveance.

8 Responses
          • Je
            jerseygirls Jul 09, 2009

In response to Tomcat - RE/MAX is a TERRIFIC company and #1 in New Jersey. Their agents are the BEST.

• Je
            jerseygirls Jul 09, 2009

Not only is this compaint FALSE but most of the comments are coming from the SAME user. If he was SO UNHAPPY with this office and realtor why did go BACK!

This is a terrible site we're "losers" can make false comments about professional people and companies.

As the indicated in the comment from invtr "if your so unhappy file a complaint" - don't make false remarks on a website.

Also, the URL used by the person (s) making the complaint does NOT belong to Fredl.

• In
            invtr May 29, 2009

You can and should file a complaint with your local HUD office. The federal Fair Housing Act makes it illegal to discriminate in the buying, selling, leasing or offering to buy, sell or lease any residents on the basis of sex, national origin, religion, ethnicity, race, disability, race or familial status (families with children with a few exceptions for elder housing). Realtors are clearly covered by the act. HUD will investigate and if it determines there is probably cause, they will pursue the case on your behalf.

New Jersey probably has a housing discrimination law that might include other protected classes. You can also file a complaint with the New Jersey Fair Housing Commission or its equivalent.

• Gi
            giants999 May 29, 2009

MY WIFE AND I DEALT WITH THAT GUY IN THE PAST. HE DIDNT LISTEN TO US AND THOUGHT HE HAD ALL THE ANSWERS. REAL ESTATE IS NOT HIS CALLING IN LIFE. HE NEEDS TO BE A BETTER LISTENER IF HE WANTS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THAT BUSINESS. WE JUMPED SHIP AND WENT TO ONE OF THEIR COMPETITORS AND BOUGHT A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE.

FRED DIPRENA OR FRED DEPRENDA. NO MATTER THE GUY IS A LOSER.

tomcat May 29, 2009

WHAT UNPROFESSIONALISM. HIS LISENCE SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY. HE NEEDS A NEW LINE OF WORK.

tomcat May 29, 2009

I was looking for infomation on a product but saw this recent posting. I didn't think that happened anymore. I am sorry for you. The guy is a jerk. I am thinking about a new place and I wouldn't use REMAX or Fred.

Thanks

tomcat May 29, 2009

I have been looking around for a relator with the market down I thought this would be a good time to make an investment. I went in there but don't remember seeing a Fred DiPrenda. Glad I didn't I wouldnt go back there.

tomcat May 29, 2009

YES, I USED THAT OFFICE AND WAS UNHAPPY TO. WE LOOKED ELSE WHERE WITH ANOTHER AGENT AND BOUGHT A HOUSE.

HE HAD ATTITUDE.

Remax Mutual Realtybad service

Transaction Fee Today I went to the above broker to retrieve a paper called a Listing Agreement that seemed to be missing from my file. When all of these papers were signed, the real estate agent took them and dropped me off copies the next day. Anyway, when I got the Listing Agreement, much to my surprise, I had supposedly signed an agreement to pay the broker a "transaction fee" of $695 plus his commission. I truly do not believe that line was filled in when i signed the agreement, but if it was, it surely was never explained to me that I would be responsible for that charge. Strange thing is; there is no transaction between the broker and myself, they have never shown my house, advertised it ... no open house ... nothing. The buyer passed by and saw the sign. Is this transaction fee legal? What can I do about it?

Re/Max Associates Northeast — bad service

Below is a copy and pasted letter that I wrote to the Texas Real Estate Commission requesting an appeal. TREC...

Remax Realty Group — bad service

We made an offer on a single family home in Towamencin township on May 16th contingent on a successful home...

Harleysville

remax alliancebogus leads and unwilling to refund

The company used a very appealing sounding lead program that turned out to be completely bogus and after we canceled the account they kept sending leads and charging our credit card. Company was unwilling to refund the money. Stay clear.

john mcclatchy Nov 25, 2008

Reply Real Estate presented a program saying that theycheck out leads. The leads they sent me were bad. Comments were "I don't want and never wanted to sell" this was from a lead who according to Reply Real Estate was ready to sell. They took days to answeer any calls. They were very clever never put anything in writing. A real Scam.

RE/MAX HiNet Suzanne Athey — unprofessional service

The poor excuses for realtors/property managers at Remax/Team Athey in Richardson (and Rowlett) Texas define...

Remax Advantagenot return of rental deposit

I moved out of my rental property at 1034 Cantabria Heights, Las Vegas, NV 89123 for over 30 days. Based on the original lease the company has 30 days to return the deposit. I have sent an email in an attempt to obtain verification that the deposit was returned with no response. The original deposit was $1400.00 which there would be dedcutions for cleaning and changing of locks.

Respond

remax rose keyser — shows house without permission is imbedded with a slumlord (jullie allouch)

showed house without permission then will not even return a phone call when i questioned her about leaving...

rose keyser remax agentshowing house w/out notice just walks in and leaves door open upon exiting

showed house while my wife was not home and i was at work with no notice. my wife came home to cars in the driveway she thought we were being robbed but alas it was just the landlord showing the house that is in foreclouser that we told her that we would be out of on the following tuesday with no phone call or anything we have given our number to her several times still she has no morals

Respond

Remax Ltd Select, Northridge Ca — terrible service!

REMAX LTD Select [protected]; [protected]. Can a Broker not be held responsible for her agents acts?...

Remax - Frederick, MDwhat ever happened to ethical business practices?

On Friday March 2, 2007 I viewed a property that was shown to me by "Corrine" who represented herself as a Remax real estate agent. On March 3, I submitted all of my application paperwork on the property. I followed up with "Corrine" on Monday March 5 and then again on Thursday March 8 to see what the progress of my application was. On Thursday March 8 "Corrine" explained to me that she would have an answer for me by COB that day. By seven that night I had gotten no answer. The next morning I went to the Remax office to try and speak with Corrine. Instead, I ended up waiting an hour until the "Manager" came in. He explained to me that there were "6 or 8 bids on the property I had been looking at and that Corrine would submit my bid but there was no promise that I would get the property". Having been already jerked around I withdrew my bid on the property.

Today, March 21, I found out that mine was the only bid on the property. And that Corrine was a secretary and not a real estate agent. It then became apparent to me that the "office manager" who I had spoken with also lied to me. Great way to a run a business guys! Hope you can explain this one to the Maryland board of realtors!

Is this really the kind of service that Remax realty wants to extend to its customer's in one of the wealthiest and busiest real estate markets in the country? What ever happened to "ethical business practices"?

Respond

Remax One - Webster, MA — plays dirty!

I am writing to inform your readers of a business deal I was in with Melinda Titus, with Remax One, at 27...