Complaints & Reviews

bad service

Below is a copy and pasted letter that I wrote to the Texas Real Estate Commission requesting an appeal. TREC...

bad service

We made an offer on a single family home in Towamencin township on May 16th contingent on a successful home...

bogus leads and unwilling to refund

The company used a very appealing sounding lead program that turned out to be completely bogus and after we canceled the account they kept sending leads and charging our credit card. Company was unwilling to refund the money. Stay clear.

john mcclatchy Nov 25, 2008

Reply Real Estate presented a program saying that theycheck out leads. The leads they sent me were bad. Comments were "I don't want and never wanted to sell" this was from a lead who according to Reply Real Estate was ready to sell. They took days to answeer any calls. They were very clever never put anything in writing. A real Scam.

unprofessional service

The poor excuses for realtors/property managers at Remax/Team Athey in Richardson (and Rowlett) Texas define...

not return of rental deposit

I moved out of my rental property at 1034 Cantabria Heights, Las Vegas, NV 89123 for over 30 days. Based on the original lease the company has 30 days to return the deposit. I have sent an email in an attempt to obtain verification that the deposit was returned with no response. The original deposit was $1400.00 which there would be dedcutions for cleaning and changing of locks.

shows house without permission is imbedded with a slumlord (jullie allouch)

showed house without permission then will not even return a phone call when i questioned her about leaving...

showing house w/out notice just walks in and leaves door open upon exiting

showed house while my wife was not home and i was at work with no notice. my wife came home to cars in the driveway she thought we were being robbed but alas it was just the landlord showing the house that is in foreclouser that we told her that we would be out of on the following tuesday with no phone call or anything we have given our number to her several times still she has no morals

terrible service!

REMAX LTD Select [protected]; [protected]. Can a Broker not be held responsible for her agents acts? According to Darlene (broker) she does not "mother" her agents. Roy Garcia, realtor, has mislead me in promising to property manage, free rental guarantee, 100% financing of loan and signed an agreement to pay a portion of the difference between my total mortgage (1st&2nd) and the monthly lease in excess of $350.00 just so that he could lure me to close a real estate sale. Furthermore, he promised to pay $500.00 as a referral fee for allowing his company to do real estate presentation at my house and inviting a party of at least 5.

He has been on default for more than five months and refuse to call me back to resolve the matter. He did call me once, and made promise to stay current in his obligations. Up to this time, he remains on default. This has caused me severe financial hardship.

He has also failed in his responsibility as a property managment and has not responded to my demand for him to release the current tenant's security deposit inspite of being notified that property management service has been terminated.

• Be
    Ben Bray Nov 07, 2007

Roy Garcia did the same thing to me... Roy had agreed to manage my property and pay the mortgage on my property (not the standard going rate for rent in that area but YES! the mortgage) until his management company could find me renters, including doing repairs up too code for section 8 or private party! well nothing was done except for one rent check for 1,550.00 YES! not the mortgage which was originally agreed by Roy himself (not the 1,900.00 mortgage) but the going rate for rent in the area which was like pulling teeth to get it! and the only way I did get it ... is because my brother frank worked in the same office and constantly hunted him down for my payment... S O, 19 months later...no more agreed payments to pay the mortgage, no potential renters and minimal repairs done that of course I was charged for.... and a loss of over 40,000.00 later! because of him my financial situation is in turmoil! and all this was agreed upon ''IF'' I would let his loan officer Carlos refinance my girlfriends home loan!

He needs to be held accountable immediately!!! He was a Remax employee!!! Ben Bray.

• Yo
    You know us Aug 06, 2010

We have been a victim of this scam too. Maryjane Higa was the one who introduced us to Roy Garcia. She was all playing nice and flirty in convincing us to buy properties in Lancaster. They said we can buy more than one house and if it is not rented they will rent it out for us. Maryjane Higa as much as Roy Garcia deceived us too, a big time liar and deserved to be out of licensed too if she is. When we started having problems with our properties, Maryjane Higa started ignoring our calls. Once we got hold of her, she blamed everything on how stupid property mangement is led by Lilibeth Leviste who happened to be Roy Garcia's wife. Isn't that too lame? Do they think they are too smart for us not to know their lies? Their propoganda left us and I know alot of people in this financial mess. They promised you a better future and yeah right, they are only good when they see $sign in you but after their commissions, they are gone. Roy Garcia and Maryjane Higa can not be trusted, they will fool with all their sweet flirty smiles and a future in the bed of roses that is too good to be true. They are not after their client's welfare. BE CAREFUL...I HEARD ROY GARCIA & MARYJANE HIGA ARE STILL OUT THERE DOING BUSINESS AS USUAL! --------- Torrance Victims

• J6
    J6 and 33rd st. Apr 19, 2011

Those two con artist ruined my credit. I know a few more that suffered and still suffering from what they have done. Roy and Mary Jane showed me properties all over Lancaster. They could finish each other sentences. I just hope I don't see these two again coz I will probably be ending up in jail.

• Co
    Consensus Aug 07, 2012

First of all, why would you buy a house you can NOT afford!!! You don't need a financial advisor to tell you how to manage your finances let alone buy a house! You are not the only victim in this financial rut. Millions of people are in the same position you are in hoping to live a false American dream. My advice to you is to start watching the news and get with the current economic conditions. Realtors are salespeople trying to get the best deal thats their job just like any profession or career. Stop buying things you cannot afford, save your money, and live within your means even if it means living in lesser conditions. Start shipping at the 99 cents store and be smart!!! Good luck!

what ever happened to ethical business practices?

On Friday March 2, 2007 I viewed a property that was shown to me by "Corrine" who represented herself as a Remax real estate agent. On March 3, I submitted all of my application paperwork on the property. I followed up with "Corrine" on Monday March 5 and then again on Thursday March 8 to see what the progress of my application was. On Thursday March 8 "Corrine" explained to me that she would have an answer for me by COB that day. By seven that night I had gotten no answer. The next morning I went to the Remax office to try and speak with Corrine. Instead, I ended up waiting an hour until the "Manager" came in. He explained to me that there were "6 or 8 bids on the property I had been looking at and that Corrine would submit my bid but there was no promise that I would get the property". Having been already jerked around I withdrew my bid on the property.

Today, March 21, I found out that mine was the only bid on the property. And that Corrine was a secretary and not a real estate agent. It then became apparent to me that the "office manager" who I had spoken with also lied to me. Great way to a run a business guys! Hope you can explain this one to the Maryland board of realtors!

Is this really the kind of service that Remax realty wants to extend to its customer's in one of the wealthiest and busiest real estate markets in the country? What ever happened to "ethical business practices"?

plays dirty!

I am writing to inform your readers of a business deal I was in with Melinda Titus, with Remax One, at 27...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices