Raymour & Flaniganplatimum protection plan

S

I purchased sofa and loveseat in March 2007 and purchased the 5 year platinum protection plan. A few months ago the cushions started to sag and guests would roll towards each other. In addition, the material looks worn even though its only a little over a year old.
I called Platinum Protection folks who sent a technician. He stuffed the cushions, which now are lumpy but said there was nothing he could do for the material. He noted on his sheet that we really needed a reslection.
Well, they called today to say there was nothing they could do because we should have reported it sooner. My response was that I bought a 5 year plan and nowhere does it state that I had to call within a certain timeframe.
Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed and am alerting anyone I know to never buy another piece of furniture from them let alone their bogus Platinum Protection Plan.

• Wi
    withheld Dec 03, 2008

I use to work for raymour and I can tall you that you had bout someone else problem, I hate to tell you this but they sold you use furniture, this company will do anything for a buck and sell you furniture that was already use

• Ji
    Jill Ludwig Feb 01, 2009

When I purchased furniture the sales person explained that I have to call within 7 days of an incident or the platinum protection would not be covered. Too bad you did not read the brochure stating that clearly. I dislike when you see only bad things about a company and the good is witheld.
    In regard to the used furniture comment, are you kidding...they would loose their liscense! It is against the law.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices