Having problems with Qantas Airways?

Qantas Airways Customer Service Contacts

131 313 (Australia)
1800 227 4500 (USA, Canada & Mexico)
1800 556 135 (Ireland)
800 122 0337 (Argentina)
800 892 3346 (Brazil)
1800 1611 0267 (Philippines)
+44 845 774 7767 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 808 767 (New Zealand)
+43 15 877 771 (Austria)
+32 27 006 781 (Belgium)
+45 43 314 976 (Denmark)
+31 202 035 425 (Netherlands)
+7 495 641 5121 (Russia and CIS)
+34 915 421 572 (Spain & Portugal)
+41 445 111 237 (Switzerland & Italy)
+852 22 988 111 (Hong Kong)
+60 327 133 911 (Malaysia)
+966 114 772 228 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 157 373 (Singapore)
+27 214 273 128 (South Africa)
+82 27 776 871 (South Korea)
+66 26 326 611 (Thailand)
10 Bourke Road
Mascot, New South Wales
Australia - 2020

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Qantas Airways Customer Service. Initial Qantas Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Qantas Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Qantas Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with Qantas Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Qantas Airwaysracial profiling to the passengers

My flight was from Dubai -Heathrow 10th Sept 2017 time (9:05 am).
I am a British Asian passenger.

I would like to mention some points which I think is soft racism is in practice with Cabin Crews on-board.

1. The greeting by the crews who were serving food were different for different skin colour people. Example: For white Caucasians is “Sir” for Asians “ mate” or “Buddy”. The person named JP were doing it frequently and Stopped when I said I am not his mate or Buddy and I don’t like it. It was such a hard struggle for him to say “Sir “ to me. I assume he was not born before second world war in colonial time. It was disgraceful and not at all professional manner.
2. The food was served to the white Caucasians first. They were prioritised before me. Example the seats in front or beside me were served first and then coming to me with half-heartedly.
3. The final greeting (when we were leaving the aircraft) were very warm to the white Caucasians and to others were so cold and even with hard face. I wonder if you really like only the white cuacasians as your passengers please be clear in your website and policies.
I never had seen this type of attitude in any flight in my life. IF this symbolises the Australian culture of racism, I would like to avoid your airlines in near future.
I hope to hear from you soon and develop your customer service without racial profiling.

Qantas Airwaysflights from brisbane to moranbah

I am a fifo worker that is flying in and out of Moranbah, recently Virgin airlines have pulled out from flying to Moranbah. This makes u guys the sole airline that flys in here now, so what do u do u make the price so bloddy expensive like $1000 from Brisbane to Moranbah, what a [censored] joke, then going home it's a third of the price . Just wanted to know how u can justify this it's a rip off . So of course I can not afford this so I have to drive from cairns 9.5 hrs after doing a 7day swing . So when are u going to drop your prices, u can bloddy fly over seas for that price, just because it's a mining town u think u can put what ever price On it .

Qantas Airwaysmissing duty free plastic bag full of gifts from australia

I left my duty free plastic bag full of gifts from australia on the plane (Flight qf11 from lax to jfk on monday aug 28th) by my window seat. No one can escort me back to the plane to find it. I have to go to baggage claim customer service and have someone call to look for it. I waited 2 hours to find out they couldn't find my bag. I'm really pissed off because there is nothing they can do for bags left on the plane. They said there is no reimbursement so I just suffered a lost. That's messed up! I waited 2 hours for nothing, they probably threw out my gift bag and I get nothing!

Qantas Airwayslack of disability support

My mother just arrived from Colombo to Melbourne via Singapore. We have requested wheelchair assistance for her as she has previously undergone surgery in both her knees and find it difficult to walk and lift heavy items. She took Qantas flight from Colombo which was operated by Emirates. This she was given wheelchair assistance in Colombo airport as well as in Singapore. From Singapore she took the QF38 flight operated by Qantas to Melbourne. Once landed in Melbourne regardless that she had requested wheelchair support before hand there were no wheelchair support at the Melbourne airport. Not only her there were few more passengers on the same flight that did not received the support. She had to walk all the way from the terminal through immigration and carry her baggage and through customs despite her disability.

Qantas Airwaysdelayed flight qf 1876

Yesterday I boarded flight qf 1876 in Perth to fly to Adelaide, at 830 WST.
          It had mechanical difficulties, and we return back to Perth.
          The next flight didn't leave until midday, and when we arrived in Adelaide at 1640, I had missed my connecting flight with Alliance to Olympic Dam.
          I was offered no accommodation, meal allowance, nothing.
          I lost a full days pay today, as The next flight available is at 1430 today.
          I earn 500 dollars a day.
          I feel it's only fair for you to compensate me for my discomfort, accommodation, expenses, and loss of wages.
          Brian O'Reilly, frequent flier no.[protected].
          Phone number [protected]
          Thank you.

Qantas Airways — flight 569

Hi my name is Gregory Kelly ffn [protected] on 21/08/2017 I traveled from Sydney to Perth on flight 569 . I...

Perth

Qantas Airwaysbaggage service mistake

On the 7th of August I (yonatan sinclair) flew from Melbourne to Auckland, i spent one day in Auckland and had a flight to Perth on the 8th of August.
            The attendnat in Melnourne decided to put my bag on some sort of "connected" flight, she did not ask or tell me anything about this.
            When I came out in Auckland my bag was not on the carouselle, and no one at the help desk knew where it was.
            Only later on in the day - 4 hrs after I had left the airport, they found that my bag was "tagged" to the perth flight, they couldnt even send it to me via courier because it was tagged.
            I demand compensation for not having my bag, being worried about it, and the bad mistake that was made by the qantas airline which wasted much of my precious time today at the airport in Auckland.

Qantas Airwayslack of communication regarding what qantas were doing with passengers when a flight was delayed 9 hours

Qantas were outstanding when it came to communicating to me regarding a delayed flight from Bangkok to Sydney. They both sms'd and emailed me letting me know that the flight from Bangkok on the 5th of August 2017 was delayed 9hrs. Much appreciated with this action...however when it came to trying to contact them regarding what they planned to do with the passengers effected, it was impossible to do so! Their Bangkok office was closed and their international dial in number was so busy they set an automatic call back process in train! This would be ok if someone actually called back!! As a result we had no idea what Qantas was arranging and we were not about to sit around the airport for 9 hrs until 2:40am. So we booked our own hotel in Bangkok. Upon arrival at Bangkok airport ( which we were transiting from Cambodia) the check in counter informed us that Qantas had arranged a hotel for all passengers. This was wonderful, however as it was too late to cancel the hotel we booked...we were left with a hefty cancellation fee. Really no good enough communication from Qantas...how hard would it have been to include on either or both of the email or Text message that energency accommodation would be provided? Instead we were left hanging in the dark as to what to do!!!

Qantas Airwaysselection of preferred seating

Hi
                My husband and I booked and paid for economy international flights yesterday (29 July ) to London return. PQPOU8

We are very very disappointed that we cannot secure and pay extra, to secure 2 seats on the upper deck in economy. A380

We went to the agent in the morning and found our flight on the A380...then saw the 2 seats on the upper deck...and decided that is where we want to sit...we travelled last year overseas and went premium economy which was great but expensive...we were told once you paid you could select you seats!!! So we paid ...and we found we couldn't get those seats...if we knew that we wouldn't have booked the trip!!!

My husband now wants to cancel as its not how he wanted to fly!!

Please can you help??

Thanks
                Jennifer Ernst

Qantas Airwaysconnection from melbourne to london

On the 24th of July I flew Qantas from brisbane to Melbourne, I was to catch the connecting Qatar flight to London. On landing in Melbourne we were forced to make holding patterns delaying our arrival. Once we landed there were Qantas ground staff to help us to our connecting gate. I was very impressed by this. Once through security the staff asked us to stand and wait by the duty free. We waited for at least 15 minutes before they reappeared and as we started making our way to the gate we were informed that the gate had been closed and our flight missed. This was less then ideal as we would have easily made the flight had we not listened to your staff. To your credit, a seat on a connection to london was provided. This however is where my issues started. I am gluten intolerant and had booked meals on my original flight. I informed the staff that were organising the connection flights and was given a gf meal on the first leg but was not on the second leg to London. Once I arrived in London, I found after an hour of extra waiting that my luggage had not been loaded.
                  I am over here for a hiking and trekking holiday and I have booked and prepared for months now. Without my bag I am ill prepared and very uncomfortable.
                  Blisters, rain and the extra cost of repurchasing essential pieces of my lost kit have my very unhappy and less than impressed.

Qantas Airwaysadditional taxi expenses due to delayed flight

Good day,
                    My name is Sidney Mcluckie and my wife is Verona Mcluckie
                    On 20 July 2017 we were booked on Quantas departing Auckland to Sydney and then Quantas from Sydney to Johannesburg South Africa with a connecting flight on South African Airways to Durban South Africa at 7pm. There should not have been a problem in making the connecting flight as Quantas was scheduled to land in Johannesburg at 5pm, leaving a window periosd of 2 hours to clear immigration, customs and make the connection.
                    We booked our passage all the way to our destination at the Quantas desk in Auckland and recieved our 3 boarding passes.
                    Our departure from Auckland was delayed by approximately 30 minutes, wnich we were not able to make up en route to Sydney.
                    The Sydney to Johannesburg departure was delayed by a further one hour which we were also not able to make up en route, resulting in us landing too late to make the connection to Durban.
                    Quantas had already seen the problem and had taken the initiative to book us on a later flight at 10 past 9pm, landing in Durban at 10 past 10pm. The announcement was made to the passengers in flight at approximately 4pm. For that we are greatful.
                    The problem stems from our late arrival in Durban.
                    The airport is approximately 45km from our residence and we were relying on the airport shuttle to take us home at 8pm. We would have had no problem making it if our plane had landed on time. Our budget was restricted and the cost would have been R150 for the two of us. We had budgeted for this.
                    Unfortunately 8pm is their last shuttle to our area and we were way too late for that. We only exited the airport at 10h25pm.
                    The only option available to us was to take a metered taxi home which put us R650 (ZAR) approx 65 dolars out of pocket. Money which we had not budgetted for.
                    We tried calling our neighbour to assist but they were not home at the time.
                    We had no other option but to take the taxi.
                    Your assistance and consideration in refunding the difference in the fare would be greatly appreciated .
                    My email is [protected]@gmail.com

Yours faithfully

SR MCLUCKIE

Qantaspurchases from duty free left on plane

I boarded a Qantas flight QF161, seat 23D, 9th June, bound for Wellington, and forgot to take my Bag of duty free items under the seat in front of me when i disembarked.
                      It was Very expensive Opium perfume, makeup and soft kangaroo toy. Valued at $200:00
                      We rang Qantas as soon as we were aware it was forgotten.(within 1 hour of leaving the airport at Wellington). Qantas says they didnt find it or nor was it handed in.
                      I am hoping that you can check or interview the cleaners that came on after we left the plane...how can no one find them? A passenger would not have seen the bag as it was pushed under the seat in front.
                      So i am hoping that someone knows what became of my dutyfree goods?? Are there no honest people anymore?
                      I am very angry that it wasnt handed in to lost property.
                      Linda Burgess [protected]

Qantas Airwaysour meal tray not very clean.

We do about 3 Holidays every year. This is the first time we have travelled with Qantas, not very happy, the meals were not very appetising and not tasty. We have travelled with other airlines, and enjoyed the meals. Both our meal trays were not clean, I have sent photos so you can see . Will be hesitating to book with Qantas again. We have just been to Japan on May 15 Th for 7 nights.

Qantas — qantas flight

I arrived at coolangatta airport on Sunday may 21st to get my flight to Adelaide. On arrival the Quantas desk...

Gold Coast

Qantas Airwaysflight delay

I submitted the complaint below to Emirates and having waited 30 days for a response I have been told that as it was a Quantas flight you will need to provide compensation. I should be grateful to receive a flight delay reason certificate together with appropriate compensation.

Topic Feedback
                          Booking reference number 1: [removed]
                          Ticket number 1: [removed]
                          Flight number 1: [removed]
                          Departure date 1: 01 Apr 17
                          Departure city 1: Dubai (DXB)
                          Destination 1: London Heathrow (LHR)
                          Class of travel 1: Economy
                          Comments 1: I travelled with my husband and two small children. We were expecting to depart at 2.20am but did not depart until 4.40pm. This meant booking into a hotel and providing additional two meals for my family which in Dubai is very expensive. In addition once we boarded the plane by two daughters were not registered as children so did not get any meals that they could eat. We are very upset for the delay which was essentially a whole day. .Thank you [removed]
                          I am the customer Yes

Qantas Airways — ticket price and service

I phoned Qantas as previously directed to book a Townsville to Brisbane return flight. I had previously...

Townsville

Qantas Airwaysdelayed then cancelled flight.

I was booked on flight QF 9 out of Melbourne Airport Australia on April 21st 2017.
                            The flight was to take off at 10.55pm It was delayed for over 2 hours and we where told we would leave at 1:20am We cleared security after putting our luggage through and sat in the departure lounge, fully expecting to board the plane in good time for take off, BUT we where told there was further delay and asked for our patience, about an hour later we where then told the facts of the delay. We where given water and juice cheese and crackers(Whoop) We waited until about 3:20 am before we where then told that the flight was cancelled and we would have to go back collect our luggage and see Quanta's staff about arrangements for us? But we where not allowed to leave until security could escort us out of the waiting area at 4am. At this time we where asked to pick up our luggage at a carousel and proceed to the Quanta's desk, which was a fair hike, we waited in line for rooms and travel to be arranged for us, I personally waited one hour and forty minutes, after being told there where no more rooms, some where found and I proceeded to get a taxi into Melbourne to a hotel which I found inadequate to say the least, especially when I was woken by a staff member to ask me to vacate the room, and had confused me with someone else, by the time I managed to get any sleep it was time to head back to the airport for a 5:30pm flight. We where further delayed by a half hour and I was one hour late getting into Heathrow airport. I had booked a coach back to Dorset, so I approached the National Express people at the airport, who said I would have to go to the depot, I was supposed to be picked up at the terminal. I had a very long hike to the depot, where I found out my ticket was void now, because I missed the coach the previous day and had to purchase a new one. I finally got home at 12noon into Poole and had a further hours drive to get home. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement. I expected to arrive home the previous day, April 22nd at 2:15 I got home 8am on the 23rd. I had to loose a day of work, and I am out of pocket. I understand things can go wrong, but I have to say, I don't believe this was handled very well and more staff or help should have been at hand for 400 people, no hot drinks or adequate food had been offered to very tired uncomfortable people, my accommodation was lacking, and I know there where some people that didn't even get accommodation. I also found the food very lacking on the flights as well. I would like to know what you are doing to reimburse out of pocket monies for your customers. I don't feel I will be using your airline again. I hope you have the decency to reply to this in a timely fashion.
                            Janette Purdy

Qantas Airways — flight cancelled

I received a text saying my next day flight was cancelled, I called the number listed, waited on the phone...

Qantasairline tickets

When I initially attempted to book our flights via www.qantas.com the site couldn't process my infant son's name so I had to book these flights over the phone with Qantas USA. We booked a SFO-SYD return trip for two adults and our 1-year-old. Soon thereafter, we changed our return flight to BNE-SFO. We didn't receive our receipt or itinerary by email or by mail. Prior to our flight I had to call to supply my son's passport information and to request Qantas send us our itinerary. The representative told me our flight schedule over the phone. We still didn't receive our itinerary. Our flight from SFO-SYD went smoothly although when we arrived at BNE airport for our return flight we were informed that we had missed our flight. This was due to the Qantas USA representative telling us that our flight was leaving BNE at 13:00 when in fact it was leaving SYD at 1:30pm. Qantas accused us of being "no shows" and forced us to purchase new tickets. We were given no alternative. We had to fly to Sydney that afternoon and were stranded there overnight to catch the next flight to SFO.

I complained in person at Sydney airport and was told to lodge a complaint online which I did immediately upon our return. Qantas were very slow to respond and some alleged replies I never received. The "customer care representative" we finally dealt with was named "Kylie" and she was very short and dismissive in her replies and ultimately unhelpful. Qantas claimed they conducted an investigation but they never contacted me for further information and they never supplied me with the steps of their investigation. They claimed we were "no shows" but we did show up, albeit late, but because of the negligence of Qantas USA. They claim that we would have had to show our itinerary when we checked in at SFO but we did not and were not asked for it anyway. They don’t seem to know how the process works in the US. The first and only itinerary we received was at BNE airport so we never saw their terms and conditions either. In addition to lengthy email correspondence I also phoned several times and sent a long letter to Qantas Mascot, to which I never received a reply. I also complained to the Airline Consumer Advocate and their advice was that I contact the Qld. Department of Fair Trading.

I am seeking a refund for the additional amount Qantas charged us at BNE airport ($1402) because this was an overcharge. We had already paid for our return flight when we made the initial booking and this error was the fault of Qantas. Furthermore, they stranded us at BNE for several hours and then overnight at Sydney airport, so we had to get a hotel in Mascot. Therefore, I am also requesting a refund for the additional costs involved, including a one-night hotel stay ($184) and a shuttle bus ($21.32). Qantas never even supplied us with travel vouchers for food, or compensated us with anything for the distress and delays they caused us traveling with an infant son. The total amount we are out of pocket is $1607.32.

Qantas — rude and racist staff

Both check in counter and flight attendance are ll Very racism. Threw my Chinese pass port to my face when I...