Frontier Airlines Logo

Frontier Airlines

Having problems with Frontier Airlines?

Frontier Airlines Customer Service Contacts

+1 801 401 9000 (Customer Service)
+1 720 374 4200 (Head Office)
+1 866 807 7258 (Travel Insurance)
PO Box 492085
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Frontier Airlines Customer Service. Initial Frontier Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Frontier Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Frontier Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Frontier Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Frontier AirlinesUnable to obtain refunds

Booked 8 different flights in 2021. All except one has been cancelled by the airline. Then re-booked, but those in turn were also all cancelled. Opting to now get refunds instead of re-booking, but they will not allow, since I opted to re-book. Even went to my local airport to try and resolve in person, but they were unable to help. Phones #'s they provided were not valid either.
My email is [protected]@aol.com and my Frontier member# is [protected]

Frontier AirlinesFlight bait and switch

11/27/20
    I was booking a flight online round trip through the discount den. I had made my seat selections, purchased the bundle of perks, entered all my credit card information and when I clicked purchase and accept I received an error message that price was sold out and I had to start over. The price then jumped $125.
    Clearly a bait and switch.

I called and spoke to a representative, asked to speak to a supervisor and the line was disconnected.

I called back and they said their fares change all the time and they could not help me.

Oct 26, 2020

Frontier Airlines — Airline credit

In March of 2020 I booked flights with frontier for myself and my 3 children due to corona virus the flight...

Sep 28, 2020

Frontier Airlines — Refund policy

My Son and I booked a flight on Frontier for his hockey tournament. A few days prior to leaving my son and...

Aug 19, 2020

Frontier Airlines — Cancelled flight refund due to COVID

Flight was cancelled due to covid in March 2020, they issued me a voucher worth $483.00 which had to be used...

Frontier AirlinesCanceled my flight and wont refund my money

I had a non-stop booked from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. They canceled Atlanta to SLC non-stops and put me on a 15 hr connecting flight arriving 11 hours after my original time. First they lied by calling it a schedule change and then to add insult to injury they said since the replacement flight did not go into the next day (it arrived at 11:59 PM!) that it was a same-day schedule change. They then offered me a 90 day credit if I canceled. This company will not give you your money back for any reason. Once you pay you are stuck if there is any issue. Their flights appear cheaper but when you add all the extra charges and the hassles, it is so not worth it!

Frontier AirlinesRefund for cancelled flights

I have emailed my receipts for another airline to get to Denver as promised for my canceled Cincinnati to Denver connection and am still getting the run around for the refunds. Donald and Victoria morwland 7/4/2020 flight cancelled. Please contact me for this matter to be resolved. Was told to reapply for the refund and denied to speak with a US representative who spoke better English! Original reservation: rbgchg.

Refund for cancelled flights
        Refund for cancelled flights

Jun 26, 2020

Frontier Airlines — No flight — no refund

Five friends and I booked round trip flights from Cincinnati to Las Vegas for our annual March Madness trip...

Frontier AirlinesAirline tickets

We bought Six (6) tickets from Frontier Airlines that we had to cancel due to Covid19. When we were trying to reschedule the tickets Frontier was not offering the flights for the dates we needed and then the gentleman made me aware that we only had until June 23, 2020 to rebook using the Airline Credit. I advised him that we wanted a refund so we could use the money with carrier that provided tickets for the travel times we currently have. He refused and refused to further escalate and hung up on me. His name is Edward ID 3322764

• Ya
              Yaquelin Sanchez Sep 11, 2020

Were you able to resolve this? If so, how did you go about it? I am having similar issues and they are refusing to refund or reissue the credit that apparently has expired. I am LIVID.

Frontier AirlinesNo refund from cancelled flight.

Frontier promised to give me a voucher for $50 along with a credit for a flight I had to cancel due to covid-19. After creating an account to accept it, I thought everything would be ok. I learned my account was deleted. Then I received an email saying to accept 60, 000 miles in order to prolong the amount of time I can travel. I had to create a second account in order to do so. I was told the miles would be posted may 20. It's may 25 and I noticed I received no notification they were posted so I decided to log in. Low and behold I no longer have an account!

Frontier AirlinesBeing overcharged for flight and carry on

My name is Lisa Morales I used your airline to go funeral
              I left on March 10th flying out of Atlanta to Raeghl my charge was 173.80 for round trip and encluded carry on charges however coming back I was told ever was fine I had alredy paid for round trip she never said that I would e charge 90.00 for carryon this was an over charge I was told by your Agent told me today that 90.00 was for luggage but 173.00 was included carryon
              please look into this rev# HCYCGQ This charge was added on
              March 12th returing to Atlanta

Frontier AirlinesNo communication and bad customer services

Arrive at LAS at 10pm on Wednesday 18th for flight 1418 leaving at 12:54am Thursday the 19th first delayed until 1:54am. Second delayed 2:55am after that flight cancel, received new ticket for Friday 20th flight leaving out at 12:54am. Arrived at LAS at 10pm on Friday 19th received a Frontier alert flight has been cancelled. Received a new flight ticket leaving that morning at 8:46am taking me to Indianapolis airport then fly to Orlando airport then fly from Orlando to O'Hara. That was the longest uncomfortable flight and most confusing situation I ever experience. Then to top it off when we finally got to O'Hara airport Friday night our luggage was left in Orlando Florida and my car keys were in my luggage so we had to get a hotel room and wait for our luggage that came Saturday morning around 10:30am. Plus that I paid extra for my seats Frontier Airline was a big disappointment. Don Willis [protected]@yahoo.com

Frontier AirlinesFrontier airlines

loyalty program issues on gathering points
                  have not been resolved I have been trying since dec of 2019
                  credit card points were not credited for the month they were accrued.
                  weekly phone calls, have still no resolution I was 3, 000 points short to become a 50 k elite member.
                  I spent $7, 000., , in December and was told them would be credited toward December. they were not they were credited toward jan of 2020.
                  huge rip off I can get any card for an airlines you run a program and then don't follow thru to give what you promse

Frontier AirlinesFlight cancelled t6cuui cancelled on 1/1/20 from atl - phl

Claim # [protected], was filed on 1/2/20. I have not heard anything from frontier please look into my complaint.

I am requesting a refund for the extra charge i had to pay when my frontier flight t6cuui, was cancelled on 1/1/20 in atlanta georgia. I had to purchase a flight on delta which cost me $355.00 which was double the amount of the frontier ticket. I had to purchase is ticket i had to get home and frontier was not booking any flights to philadelphia for several days.
                    This was the information i was given at the ticket counter that night.

Frontier AirlinesAirline flight cancelled

This has been the single worst travel experience of my life. On Monday December 23rd my flight was scheduled from San Diego to Tampa Bay. It was flight 550 to Denver and 290 to Tampa. Needless to say neither got there. After our plane was delayed 2 hours we were able to board. After boarding we sat on the plane for 2 hours before returning to the gate with plane issues. I was asked to get off the plane. This was at 1:00am in the morning. I had to get my luggage from baggage claim and wait at ticketing for a resolution. There wasn't one. The next available flight was on Thursday the 26th in the evening. But of course now there will be an 8 hour layover in Denver and I won't be arriving in Tampa until the following afternoon. Your staff was under trained and ill prepared for this situation. Now I have lost this Christmas with my kids and family. Absolutely the most horrible experience of my traveling life... This is inexcusable...

Frontier AirlinesFlight cost and customer service

Frontier Airlines seems to try to present themselves as a budget airline, but charge astronomical fees. I have consistently seen very rude employees in personal experiences with Frontier Airlines. They entice you with low fares, but I have seen them raise their prices before I can complete a booking. I have also seen error messages on their website when trying to book their "low" costs. When I go back to try again; the error has mysteriously vanished and the prices have gone up significantly. I have had numerous conversations with their customer service agents on the phone, and they are extremely rude and have even hung up on me. My family and I have been mistreated and humiliated at the boarding gate as well as observing the poor treatment of other Frontier Airline customers.

Flight cost and customer service

• Gi
                            Giapapa$ Nov 06, 2019

your fares on frontier airlines are usually very good that is why I choose to fly with you but the fare for March 20th 2020 are ridiculous for a family to fly please consider to lower that fare so I do not have to choose another airlines

• Gi
                            Giapapa$ Nov 06, 2019

@Giapapa$ sent me an email

Frontier AirlinesCancelled flight and still waiting for compensation for flights scheduled with another airline.

We were at the airport ready to return home, when two hours before the flight we noticed a cancellation on the departing flights screen. Went to the counter to find out that there were no other options to fly with Frontier. Went to a hotel and then began our search for another flight home. That was June 26, 2019. Today is August 10, 2019 and still have not received the refund for hotel, food and new flight. And prior to filing the paper work we were given totally different instructions to file the paper work, actually 3 different ways to process. I have called about the refund and I keep hearing that the process can take 5-6 weeks. I need to have this resolved. We were flying from Ft. Myers Florida to Cleveland OH.

Frontier AirlinesDelay and change to earlier time with no text notification or monitor update

I just missed my plane yesterday (and so did several others) from Chicago to Harlingen, TX. This was caused simply because a flight attendant was late. We were all ready to board when the announcement came that the captain has decided to delay because they were missing a flight attendant. Our flight was moved from 6:25 am to 8:10 am. Hence with more than 1.5 hours to spare, I decided to check in at the France Airline VIP Lounge while actively monitoring the Flight Status monitors. At the VIP Lounge, the concierge even offered to remind me if there's any change on the monitor for that flight. However I chose to sit in front of the monitor while doing some light work. At 7:25 am I decided to walk back to my gate since the 8:10 am delayed status remained unchanged. Got to the gate at 7:30 am, upon checking with the gate attendant she pointed my plane that I was supposed to board was pulling off the gate. I literally missed it by 2 minutes. Her explanation was several announcements was made of the change in earlier departure instead of the 8:10 am. None of the monitors reflected the earlier change of time, including the monitor by the gate! What's the point of those monitors status? Announcement cannot be heard everywhere but monitors are available everywhere! What about those with hearing disability? Terrible communications method. Even signed up for text notifications. The earlier delayed came across the text notification. Nothing appeared on this second change of departure time. With all these digital offerings, gate personal are just so behind in using it. Get your staff and culture to catch up to technology so that your customer service can be improved Frontier!

Delay and change to earlier time with no text notification or monitor update

Frontier AirlinesTreated unfairly prior to take-off and luggage items taken

Ref: PVD900144825, incident: [protected]
                              1) Prior to departure my wife had a medical issue and rather than the crew help we were removed from the flight.
                              2) Our luggage remained was on the flight (below deck) and continued on to Providence.
                              3) Alternate transportation was arranged and my wife arrived in Providence.
                              4) We discovered that her pills were disturbed. Meaning pills were missing. In addition, a silver watch is missing.
                              5) As for the medication, I had to do a quick script and have the medication over-knighted to ensure my wife did not have any additional medical issues.
                              6) The pharmacist said to file a complaint and we should be reimbursed for this incident, not to mention the missing watch.

Frontier AirlinesFrontier airlines cost me dearly

We had been told that if you make changes the Airport desk is always able to help you easier than the people over the phone. We found out my daughter's graduation with her Masters was actually the next day after our flight (GCU has multiple graduations all week)and we would miss it so we drove 40 minutes to the airport Wednesday to try to change the tickets. My daughter who would be graduated and I waited for 1.5 hours in a long line. Even though we were only about 7 people from the front and there before the 2-hour requirement of the next flight and before the counter opened, I was told I had to WAIT until they had helped everyone on the entire flight before they would help me. I asked again after an hour and I was still denied help. I also called on the phone and the computer asked if I would agree to a change fee for help over the phone. I agreed, but had no idea what the fees would be, so this is not a fair way to do business. You are agreeing to an open-ended number when you say "yes." When it seemed like they weren't going to help me over the phone unless I paid a lot more money for new flights (I had bought insurance too) I figured I had already been waiting an hour in the airport so I might as well continue waiting based on being told that the airport desks help you more. Finally, after everyone had been helped a clerk started to help me. She proceeded to pull up my confirmation number on my younger daughter's one-way ticket and switched the flight to Saturday morning. Then she pulled up my confirmation number with 3 people traveling and said she switched it, the other co-worker had her come to his machine and help with something he had been doing for a gentleman. He tried to finish up our confirmation and then she came back. She was asking him questions about why it didn't have any fees showing up and neither knew why...they both seem confused but didn't question it. They told me that the confirmations I had would still be good and to use them for checking in. I asked for a printed confirmation because I was very skeptical. I was told they couldn't print anything and couldn't print boarding passes until 24 hours before. The woman and man both said it was fine and I didn't need one and then PROCEEDED TO TURN THEIR SCREENS AROUND TO SHOW ME THAT WE WERE ON THOSE FLIGHTS.

While I was sitting and waiting for the graduation to start I checked my email and saw that I only had one confirmation for Check-In and that was for my younger daughter. I immediately panicked and called Frontier and talked with someone on the phone who said they couldn't help me and that I needed to go into the airport to get help because the 3 tickets showed up as "no shows" and they couldn't do anything for me. So after the graduation, we drove to the airport again and I waited in line again for help from the Frontier clerk and we actually got the same man who was helping us on Wednesday night to change the flights. He proceeded to say he couldn't do anything to help us even though we reminded him of what he had said that everything had been changed and we would use our same confirmation numbers. We then asked for a Supervisor, she came over and said its because we hadn't paid a change fee. Well on Wednesday when we were there both clerks were puzzled about the fees not coming up. Either they did not know how to change them or they didn't finish processing the second confirmation in the computer and that is why it didn't stay changed. Because we had seen it with our own eyes on the computer screen. The clerk should have owned up to the problem and what had transpired. Instead, he just wanted to act like we were lying. If they review cameras at the airport at that time on Wednesday afternoon they would see the whole 1.5-hour wait for us to get help and also the clerks changing the reservations. Instead, this problem ended up costing me for 3 new tickets to the cost of $1, 190.00. Which is not my fault. The Supervisor at the airport was not helpful at all.

Also, to make all matters in this craziness worse, my daughter, the one traveling home with us on the first confirmation also ended up with fever, chills, sore throat and nausea. She ended up using over the counter medicines due to the fact we were preparing for her sister's graduation and traveling for her grandma's 80th birthday celebration. It was extremely hectic, trying to drive to the airport for help twice (once on Wednesday and once after the graduation when the person on the phone said they couldn't help me and that I would need to go back to the airport since they originally helped me) this involved once again another drive across town in traffic and a wait in line. We were trying to get some help at the airport and never truly got the help we deserved. We ended up having to wait until Monday for Frontier to get us 4 tickets on a flight together and had to take 3 flights to get to Raleigh, North Carolina. We couldn't have split the tickets with the one leaving on Saturday and the others getting in on Monday, due to we all needed to drive back to Virginia where we live and work together.