PurolatorPackages undelivered/damaged, claim denied - $198.80 shipping fee forfeited

S Mar 07, 2021

RE: Attention: Shelley Roose
Re: Your Reference No.:
Claim No.: [protected]-[protected]
Date of Shipment: 01/02/2021
Bill of Lading No.: [protected]
We are writing to advise you of Purolator's decision with respect to the above-referenced claim. We reviewed the claims documentation submitted and the facts available to us in relation to the shipment. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that Purolator has declined your claim.

All shipments tendered to Purolator for transportation, including the shipment described in your claim, are governed by Purolator's published terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are agreed to by the consignor on its own behalf, and on behalf of the consignee and anyone else claiming an interest in the shipment. As such, your claim was assessed on the basis of Purolator's published terms and conditions, an excerpt of the Terms and Conditions pertaining to your claim is included. Full Terms and Conditions are available at www.purolator.com.
The grounds for declining your claim were as follows:
• The shipment was an "at shipper's risk" shipment. (See "At Shipper's Risk")
Please note that had your claim not been declined, Purolator's liability in this instance would have nonetheless been limited to $2 per pound or the declared value entered on the bill of lading (if higher).
We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced in relation to this shipment and look forward to serving you in the future.
Yours truly,
Purolator Inc.
Jennifer Boudreau
Purolator Claims Department
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sent 2 packages with contents that I gave specific details of the items to the Purolator people in Williams Lake, BC. Canada. I was NEVER advised that the items were "1. "AT SHIPPER'S RISK"
Certain articles are not well suited for Purolator's courier and freight distribution system and therefore subject to a high risk of damage.
For Courier Shipments
The following articles are only accepted for carriage as Courier Shipments at the Shipper's risk (i.e., Purolator will not assume any liability for these articles and will not accept any claims for loss or damage in the shipment of these articles):"

They said no problem, it will get there in 3 days and took my $198.80 to send - I had also asked if it would be kept in a cold area, and specifically on the truck, I had chosen the coldest week of the year to send. I was assured it would be kept on the truck till delivery and would be very cold. They never told me I was sending "AT SHIPPER'S RISK" items that Purolator would not cover if damaged, delivered late, etc, etc.
They also did not tell me that their drivers are unable to deal with ANY AMOUNT of snow enroute, including a small skiff on the sidewalk just after being shoveled. They also didn't advise me that they don't use the phone numbers to call the receiver or the sender if they encounter any problems or questions. And they didn't advise me they just don't really care about whether your parcels get there or not, or are damaged or not, that they just want your money and will lie every step of the way - I should have checked the 1000's of negative reviews online before taking my parcels to them! The office staff at Grande Prairie, AB also just lied through their teeth about the whole thing too - after finally discovering that the parcels were just sitting at the office (they said: because there was some snow on the sidewalk), and must have been purposely kept there for the full EXTRA 6 days UNDER A HEATER probably because I specifically wrote in caps "PLEASE KEEP COLD". The tracking was an absolute lie and totally unhelpful as well. The whole experience was as rude, dishonest and non-service as possible - except when they took the money for the shipment! but even then there were outright lies about what would be done to my parcels.

Packages undelivered/damaged, claim denied - $198.80 shipping fee forfeited