Having problems with Purolator?

Purolator reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2008. The latest review Driver behaviour was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint delivery service was resolved on Mar 15, 2021. Purolator has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 323 reviews. Purolator has resolved 233 complaints.

Purolator Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 744 7123 (Customer Service)
+1 800 561 7876 (TTY for the Hearing Impaired)
+1 800 459 5599 (Technical Support)
+1 888 302 8819 (Freight Customer Service)
5995 Avebury Road, Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada - L5R3T8

Purolator Complaints & Reviews

Purolatorpackage delivery send by marks

My tracking number is JMG000002434
My name is Indeewarie weerakoon lives in 1108, 6651, Ranchview dr, N W, Calgary, Alberta.
The package delivery was first scheduled on 18th October, but it didn't deliver saying that address correction is required. I called one of the purolator agents on 18th morning and provided my address ( it was the Same address l provided while l placed the order at Marks. so basically there was no address correction). Then the agent told me that they will re/schedule the package delivery on 21st October ( Monday). I got an sms saying that out for delivery on 21st morning around 8am. I waited till 7pm and called one of the agents and he said the driver couldn't find the address and took all the same information for address corrections. He also told me to wait till 9pm on 21st for the package to be delivered. I canceled several my appointment on 21st including my doctor ‘s appointment which l re-scheduled for 22nd. Because of this matter. I waited till 9pm nothing arrived.
Today ( 22nd) l checked the delivery status and it again says address correction required and the driver cannot find the address). So for the third time l talked to a purolator agent and gave same information for the third time. She was telling l live in a remote area and should come to the nearest intersection to collect the package. I cannot agree with her as l live in a huge apartment building where 3 major bus ruites go infront of it. On the other hand l received Amazon package through Purolator to this same address meny times before. Then she told me that they are going to reschedule the delivery for tomorrow (23rd). I really needed the package today because l need the clothes to wear for an important function today, also l have to again cancel my doctors appointment for the second time. I talked to a supervisor ( Patty Doyle), she told me that l have not provided all the information. But l provided all the information three times and answered all the questions the agents asked.
I told her that l need the package today and she said she will look in to it and get back to me. I waited 3 hours today to hear from her, but didn't hear so l called back. Finally she told me that the appointment package will be back tomorrow.
I am really disappointed and frustrated the way your company treated me and wasting all my time for no reasons. I do online shopping because it is convenient for me as a single mother of two kids.
I hope you will take necessary actions not to happen this kind of situation to other loyalty customers of Purolator.
Thanks for your attention on this complaint and waiting for a fair response from you.
Indeewarie weerakoon

• Purolator's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hello Indeewarie,

Thank you for leaving this feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences that have been caused to you the past days. According to our records, a complaint has been filed and local management has been made aware of this situation. If you'd like a follow up call, we can certainly send a request for you. For a faster response time, we invite you to contact directly with us by email.

Regards,
      James
      Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.
      E-mail: [email protected]

Purolatordisappointing service

I ordered a few items from Amazon and I was supposed to receive it by Thursday, Oct. 17. Well I assumed it was my fault that the apartment buzzer did not work at that time so the delivery guy was not able to deliver my package. When I called Purolator to ask about my package they said I have to wait until Tuesday to get it. Purolator must be a high demand courier. They must be too busy and have too many customers that I have to wait for 4 days before having my package redelivered. Please provide your delivery person mobile phone. A cheap phone is okay. Just to inform your customers they cannot access the apartment building or your house to deliver your orders/mails. I was told by the person from customer care that your driver does not carry a mobile phone. Poor guy. No way to call for help if he is in an accident.

• Purolator's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hi, thanks for the review. We communicate with our drivers using a two-way messengers; not cell phones. If there's an issue at the time of the delivery, the shipment will return to the depot where our staff will contact the receiver, should a phone number be provided. The time it would take for the driver to try to resolve these cases at the time of the attempt, would jeopardize the rest of the pickups and deliveries operation.

Thanks,

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator
        Email: [email protected]

Purolatorover half of my contents were delivered shattered and broken.

I am not sure what numbers I need to include but I have the Parcel Numbers-[protected] and [protected]. Package ID - [protected]
      I picked up my parcels on Friday Oct. 18, 2019, at the London Ontario Purolator office on Cuddy Court. When I got home that evening I began to unpack the boxes, only to find out that over half out of 4 boxes the contents were completely destroyed!!!
      I paid over 180.00 when picking up my parcels in the assumption that they would be professionally handled. The boxes were clearly marked FRAGILE !!!
      The contents were heirlooms from my mother who has since passed and I am deeply saddened by the lack of concern the driver has shown towards my belongings.
      I am looking for compensation ( my 183.00) for the destruction of my good.

Thank you and I hope to be hearing from you very soon
      P.S. I tried to cal the offices of Purolator Saturday many times in different departments and they all said they were closed. I can take more pictures if needed. That is just all the damaged contents into one bag.

Lee-Anne Kelly-Putman

over half of my contents were delivered shattered and broken.

• Purolator's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hello Lee-Anne,

I am so very sorry to hear about this. We truly understand the importance of this parcel. Here is the link to our claims section on our website for you to file: https://www.purolator.com/en/resources-and-support/help/file-a-claim.page

Kind Regards,

Catherine
          Coordinator - Social Media
          Email: [email protected]

• Updated by leeannep6 · Oct 21, 2019

I have already filled one of these out!
          Hoping to get a response ASAP!!

Lee-Anne Putman

Purolatordelivery of package

I am absolutely furious with Purolator's service. I am a teacher and I paid a fair amount of money (between $60-$80) to have a package delivered to me before the Thanksgiving holiday, as my students are starting rehearsals for their major Christmas musical production. I have to start teaching the music on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) and it is essential for my lesson plans to have this package in my hands before the end of the day today. It is Friday afternoon, on Thanksgiving break, and I have come into the school (an hour away from my house) SPECIFICALLY to sit and wait at the front door for the delivery of this package. I waited from 8am-3pm, despite the fact that I was supposed to be leaving for holidays with my family. We have pushed our departure time back, because Purolator's customer service agents couldn't give me any sort of estimated time of delivery.

I have been sitting here for SEVEN HOURS at the front door of my school, without so much as leaving for a bathroom break and I just watched the delivery driver drive directly past the building, WITHOUT EVEN STOPPING and then update my package to "Could not be delivered."

I did NOT pay for this service AND sit for 7 hours so that this driver could be lazy and not even bother to try to deliver it. I sat on hold for 30 minutes and am now being told I will be called back "within 30 minutes." This doesn't even include the actual delivery. This isn't even accounting for the fact that the first time I phoned in after the driver drove away, I waited on hold for 10 minutes and was disconnected from their lines before I even got the opportunity to speak to someone, so I had to wait all over again.

Purolator's motto is, "It's not a package, it's a promise." All I can say is it better be promised a refund and compensation for this terrible service! The customer service agent "couldn't do anything better" than saying he would call me sometime within the next 30 minutes to have the package come back "sometime tonight." ABSOLUTELY unacceptable.

• Purolator's response · Oct 11, 2019

Hello,

We are aware of your delivery issues and our management is currently working to assist you with your parcel.

Purolatorcourier delivery

My bank couriered a bank draft to me stipulating a signature was required on delivery. 2 days later I was shocked to find that on their web site where I could track my package it was noted by Purolator that the package had been delivered that afternoon to my door, no signature. First thing next morning I spent half an hour on the phone with Purolator to open a claim to investigate the whereabouts of my package, & then my bank who verified a signature was in fact required. I spent a stressful morning worrying about my missing money. Then at lunch time I decided to take a walk down my road, picking up my mail at my rural mailbox. I was shocked to discover Purolator had delivered my package to my mailbox. I couldn't believe how idiotic they are to do this, lying by saying it was delivered to my door and that a signature wasn't needed. On top of all that they never got back to me on my claim, or even apologised.

• Purolator's response · Oct 10, 2019

Hello,

Please reach out to us with your tracking number so we can review the label and verify the details. Our email address is [email protected]

October 6th, 2019
            Tracking ID: MWB003382001

I am complaining because of a consistent issue with Purolator delivery, this being the most recent incident. I am ALWAYS home and yet the delivery person DID NOT buzz my apartment number. I received no phone call, no buzz alert, and I was home. These items are time sensitive. I was home Oct 6 2pm and was not alerted at the alleged "delivery attempt". Do your delivery people even check if the client is home?

delivery

Ann004 Oct 20, 2019

The answer is NO. They are too lazy for that. Had the same issue and when I called they said their delivery person does not carry mobile phones so there is no way to contact you if you're buzzer is broken or you do not have one. You just have to wait a few more days or you can pick your package up from the various locations they will tell you to go.

Purolatormisleading/wrong information in the tracker

The below status at the very below is self explanatory...
              Yesterday i wasn't there and they marked it as "receiver unavailable"
              And it was later marked as "Shipment scheduled for delivery next business day"
              So, i thought of staying at home and not going to work to receive my package the next day.
              I waited and kept track.
              It started with "on vehicle for delivery" and then suddenly they changed it to "Shipment available for pickup."
              I called them up and they said it was marked as "Shipment scheduled for delivery next business day" by mistake and i need to pick it up now... Else wait for 2 more days to get it delivered to me... I also mentioned that I cannot be home all the time and today based on their notes i decided to be at home...
              All I get is just a sorry and noting can be done now.

Oct. 2, 2019 - 10:26 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ON Available for pickup for 5 business days from arrival date at the counter.
              Oct. 2, 2019 - 10:15 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (EAST/EST), ON Shipment available for pickup.
              Oct. 2, 2019 - 8:08 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (EAST/EST), ON On vehicle for delivery
              Oct. 2, 2019 - 4:08 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (EAST/EST), ON Arrived at sort facility
              Oct. 1, 2019 - 6:58 p.m. MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ON Arrived at sort facility
              Oct. 1, 2019 - 6:53 p.m. MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ON Shipment scheduled for delivery next business day
              Oct. 1, 2019 - 11:51 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ON Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable
              Oct. 1, 2019 - 8:16 a.m. MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ON On vehicle for delivery
              Sept. 30, 2019 - 8:44 p.m. TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRI, ON Departed sort facility
              Sept. 30, 2019 - 6:28 p.m. TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRI, ON Arrived at sort facility
              Sept. 30, 2019 - 6:27 p.m. TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRI, ON Picked up by Purolator
              Sept. 28, 2019 - 9:58 a.m. Purolator Shipping label created with reference(s): 2408743

• Purolator's response · Oct 02, 2019

Hello,

We are sorry for the issues surrounding your delivery and would like to help. Please email us with your tracking number to [email protected]

Www.purolator.com

Purolatorshipment not received on time

Ordered something off Amazon for same day delivery. Was scheduled to ship September 28th however it was delayed because the driver was unable to locate my house. That is ridiculous as no other courier has had a problem before. Purolator rep told me now I would not receive my item until Tuesday Morning- that is 3 days later than the scheduled date. I need an explanation as to why purolators drivers are not trained to follow address and locate customers houses. Shipment should not be delayed because a driver has failed to locate the house. I need something done because I chose same day delivery for a reason because I needed the item the same day, not 3 days later.

• Purolator's response · Sep 30, 2019

Hello,

We are sorry for the issues with your delivery. If you still require assistance please email us with your tracking number to [email protected]

Sep 26, 2019

Purolator — customer forced to go to shipment hub to receive package and bogus entries by delivery person - jwv000779704

Date city description Sept 25, 2019 - 6:56 p.m. mississauga (west/ouest), on shipment delivered to amit...

Sep 23, 2019

Purolator — new courier

Hello, We just wanted to submit a formal complaint against the new Purolator Courier assigned to Marathon...

Sep 04, 2019

Purolator — unethical and rude behaviour

Date: August 30, 2019, approximately 1pm Hello, I would like to file a complaint regarding the treatment I...

Lachine

Purolatorreckless & road rage purolator driver

Monday of this week, a Purolator driver was speeding, nearly double the speed limit, and had road rage with us because we were in front of him driving the speed limit. He yelled at us and was driving too fast which is reckless. A courier driver who spends all day on the road should not have road rage, and should follow traffic laws. He is a danger to others and your company.

• Purolator's response · Aug 29, 2019

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about this incident with our driver. We would like you to forward these photos along with your location to us at [email protected] We will forward this off to our drivers manager.

Www.purolator.com

Purolatorshipment delivered to the wrong address

Let me start this off by saying that I am getting married in 10 days so that perhaps you'll understand why I am so irritated.

I designed an ordered a seating chart to be delivered to my apartment by Purolator. Since I live in an apartment, every time I'm mailed a package that isn't through Canada Post they will do one of two things: call me and ask me to come down and receive the package or leave a notice stating where I can pick up the product. In order to keep on top of my many deliveries, I use an app that stores my tracking numbers and updates me as my mail/packages move through the mailing systems.
                    I was notified that my seating-chart had been delivered.

Since I had not received a call from Purolator I assumed that when I returned home there would be a notice on the front door of the apartment telling me where to pick up my package.

Unfortunately, I returned home to no notice. Obviously, I was very confused because it appeared that neither option was chosen by the courier of my product. So where was my package?

After much distress a neighbour from 200 - yes 200- homes down the street called my cell number, that was luckily listed on the package, to inform me that they had received a package that appeared to be for me. They lived at 3355. I live at 3155.

Purolator you've got to do better. With the [censored]ty service that you've provided me I would have thought that the delivery had been complimentary. I definitely will not be buying from anywhere online if they are going to be using your company to ship their products and I will notify my friends and families to do the same.

Purolatordelivery

So I ordered 2 books from Amazon and I have prime membership. I was suppose to receive my package on Friday August 16th, 2019. They said they attempted delivery but had no buzz code. I then called purolator to make a scheduled delivery on Tuesday August 20, 2019 with the buzzer code. Come Tuesday, the driving buzzes us but hangs up without even saying anything. We wait a few minutes to see maybe he got an entry into the building already. We go downstairs there is no notice left that they were here and I called purolator that no notice was left that they had come. We assumed it was them and has requested for another delivery attempt for the morning hours as the books I ordered were a gift. Well to my surprise I sat downstairs in the lobby of my condo building and no sign of purlator all morning. This is honestly the worst experience I have ever had!

Purolatorhome delivery

so somehow i am not getting delivered even though I am home. And then they I track the damn thing and they want me to go to the airport. well i DON'T shop on amazon because they are just good at prices, and great at customer service . I also don't have a car so I can't be taking the bus to a a big box store and packing home large house supplies. why would I take a bus and rapid transit to the airport to get toilet paper 1 hour away when safeway is down the street

PurolatorDrivers

Driving home tonight, I was nearly pushed into oncoming traffic by a semi truck who decided not to look at his mirrors and merge Into the passing lane. Where my truck was already positioned. I had to lock up the brakes to dodge him, And barely did.
                          obviously the truck was a Purolator truck and trailer. I didn't get the plate # sadly. But Purolator, teach your drivers to check their [censored]ing mirrors!

Purolatorpurolator delivery - tracking id mwg001122505

8/13/2019 I am expecting a delivery from Purolator today.

I checked my tracking information which was updated to 'customer requested to reschedule delivery'.

I am the customer, and have made no request, nor has my apartment concierge made such request.

I contacted Purolator using their Live Chat button, and spoke to an agent named "Angie L.". She asked whether the front door was open, and repeatedly insisted that delivery was attempted but failed because no one was around.

First of all, I don't understand why Purolator inaccurately claims that I requested to reschedule the delivery.

Second, I live at a condo building located in the core of the financial district. The notification of 'delivery failure' was at 9:00AM. There is no way that front door was locked at that time with constant traffic of people going to work.

Last, there is a very obvious button to contact the concierge or my number from the directory if the delivery person was not able to get in for whatever reason.

From the supposed delivery failure, inaccurate claim that I made the request to reschedule delivery, and extremely rude customer service to resolve the matter, I am very disappointed with the service provided by Purolator.

• Purolator's response · Aug 13, 2019

Hello,

We are very sorry that your parcel was unable to complete delivery and would like to help. Please email us with your tracking number to [email protected]

Purolatordelivery person incompetence

Tracking #: MWB002758448

Today (Saturday July 27th 2019), a driver who was supposed to deliver a children's makeup set titled "Kid's Makeup Kit for Girls" to my family's address (1126 Ch. du Bord-de-l'Eau, Laval, QC H7Y 2J6). We have a gate with a buzzer code to get to our which my mother waited most of today, taking off work, to answer the door for the delivery. Instead, it has be confirmed to me by customer support that upon arrival, the driver saw the gate, decided it wasn't worth his time, and turned around. The delivery was a gift for tomorrow (Sunday July 28th 2019) and obviously now will not be on time, I have contacted Amazon and I have yet to decide if I will be returning the product, hopefully this issue is addressed and the driver responsible is reprimanded accordingly. This is not the first issue I've had with Purolator, but I can promise it will be my last. If there is a way for the parcel to be delivered before 16:00 tomorrow (Sunday July 28th 2019) that would be greatly appreciated. It's unfortunate that because of a driver's impatience the company loses customers. If you have any updates you can eMail me at [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you.

Hello,

We truly apologize for this, I show we do require a buzzer code for access and this information has been added to your parcels information for delivery. The delivery will be sorted for tomorrow, July 30th. If you require further assistance please email us at [email protected]

Purolatordelivery

Purolator now refuse to take the most common state issue ID from the province of quebec for identity proof. Making it the only company here to do that and making it impossible for people with driving license to claim thier package.

The health insurance card provided by the quebec government is a state issue id with picture and identification code. For some reason, purolator decided to unilaterally refuse this card which is the most easiest way of identification and is accepted everywhere. By what the clerk told me its a decision since april and no warning is offered so quebec citizen that this piece is refused.

Refusing this official id makes it impossible for me to claim my package since the only other accepted for us here is a driving license which not everyone has

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. We certainly understand your frustration, we do require a government issues ID that provides the full deliver address and name of the receiver to be able to release the item to the customer when it is being picked up at our depot. Here is a link to our website to review acceptable ID details: https://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/faq/puro-id-requirements.pdf.

Purolatorunethical behavior

I have been ordering from Amazon with purolator as the shipping company and it always come in my front door without any problems with the code or anything. This time it has been delayed for 2 days (it was expected July 25, 2019) and I have to wait another 2 days (for the weekends) for the next delivery. I called costumer service to let them know my frustrations and to know if there is anyway I could pick it up before monday, the woman I talked to was EXTREMELY RUDE and raising her voice on me and making sarcastic comments. Her name is Sheryl Mcculloch (that's what she said). She works in the costumer service and it's her job to deal with frustrated costumers but it's really unprofessional how she did her job. I don't think she should be working for costumer service at all!

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about this experience and ask that you email us at [email protected] with your tracking number so we can review the delays and forward this complaint to the appropriate management.