Menu
Purolator
reviews & complaints

Purolator
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

437 complaints
310 resolved 127 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Purolator customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Purolator. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
12:36 pm EST

Purolator - Purolator Online Chat

I was using the online chat to speak to an agent regarding an unclaimed package that was being returned to the office that I work at. I was connected with a person by the name of Marie S.
She did not understand my question and gave my answers that I already knew. She seemed uninterested and was getting very short with me when I needed clarification. She replied to a message that I sent and as I was typing, she disconnected us "due to inactivity" when I was clearly typing. There was no "Can I help you with anything else" or a closing sentence such as "Have a nice day". That to me is very lazy and unprofessional customer service. Please give that lady a coffee or something or hire someone else who's priority is to respect and help customers. I'll be rating Marie S customer service a 1/5.

A
8:49 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have so far over a dozen correspondence to C/S with tracking # asking when my package will arrive since they claim 2 or 3 different excuses from weather delay, covid safety issues or the best one that I am not providing tracking # (even when there is a thread of emails all with tracking#). All I am trying to find out is when and where my package is but...

G
10:49 am EST

Purolator - Delivery

Waited all day phoned purolator twice talked to them said I be only ther till 6 operator pages driver driver call me 2 hours later says he attempted delivery band on the door? [censored] payed 50 bucks to hav this delivered so I checked my security cams driver entered complex didn't enemy stop came in turned around and left then I get a attempted delivery notice wtf c video don't [censored] me purolator! Always [censored]ty service with driver c vid purolator

Desired outcome: Shipping cost refunded

R
9:27 am EST

Case #[protected]/tracking number JWV002625419
The absolute disappointment in your organization can't be put in words but it I will find them when talking to my network of people. The reach may be surprisingly large as my girlfriends online social media presensce is substantial.
I was lied to, told I would be reached out just to appease my queries into my package. This package was way more than a package. It contained a twin bed for my son. A son that I fought for a year to get to spend his weekend with me due to legal battles with his mon. It was our first weekend together. The only parameter to his visit was that he had his own room and own bed. So I ordered said bed a month out. The package was in Barrie on January 13th. It sat in the sort facility for over a week, yes handing my ex wife the ability to deny the stayover. She did. The tragic part is that I offered to pick it up as Barrie is a small City, to deaf ears.
I just want to add my experience with Purolator was horrible. I understand you are a large corporation and this complaint is falling on deaf ears but at every chance I have, I will slam Purolator. Just a reminder of how important your one and only service is, a package is not always just a package.

Robert Cikoja

Desired outcome: Retraining of employees to fulfill committments. I was lied to on all occassions about updates or callbacks. Assurances were given, listen to the recorded audio. Retrain them to not lie.

V
3:53 pm EST

Purolator - Document routed to wrong place

Document was picked from BLS international Vainer ottawa, as it was a prepaid service . It was supposed to be delivered to me in Stittsville, Ottawa.

After pickup, the package got routed to Montreal sort facility and after a day there is no update. Opened a case for tracing but still i am not getting any answer .

This is a visa for india and I need to travel in a week. This was the least expected to happen . I am really disappointed how can one be so careless putting the package in to Montreal route when its picked and supposed to be delivered in same city

D
4:38 pm EST

Purolator - Customer service

The amount of hurdles and generic apology messages to try and get any resolution from the customer service department is staggering. Once in contact you may as well be talking to a wall. There is clearly no management or any control within this company. I would question their leadership and governing boards competency without hesitation. The issue in question is a 2 lb parcel that has been 7 days in limbo between Toronto and Thunder Bay, fourteen hours by truck, now showing in Thunder Bay and no where to be found in the warehouse. I'd be embarrassed if I had the title CEO in this company, the service provided is a direct result of the companies leadership. Shame on you

Desired outcome: My parcel handed to me today

B

Purolator - Delivery

I have a package that was supposed to be delivered last Friday, the driver did not even stop at my home or buzz my apartment, I was home and waiting for the package the entire day. I contacted Purolator immediately after the tracking updating to ‘received unavailable', as I was available, the driver did not come to my place. I requested redelivery and was advised it would be delivered Tuesday. Since Friday the package has just said ‘ Available for pickup for 5 business days from arrival date at the counter.' This is all it has said every day, despite my request for redelivery. I would be happy to pick it up but they took the package to a place that's a 30 minute drive from me! There are a dozen places within 10 minutes of my location, I can not get out to somewhere half an hour away from me. I have contacted Purolator three times and been told ‘the request is in process but there's a delay at that location so the request can take 3 days or more'. When I asked if the package would be returned if I didn't pick it up before the 5 days, if the request wasn't processed by then, the best answer I got was ‘not necessarily'. That is absolutely no help and I am furious with this complete lack of competence. I will never use this horrible company that has you wait on hold for 37 minutes only to say ‘well it should be delivered, it won't necessarily be returned'. Absolutely the worst service I've ever received from any shipping company ever.

Desired outcome: Deliver my package

2:23 pm EST

Purolator - Lost package refund

You lost my package and will only cover $100 when I clearly showed that it was valued over that. All staff keep handing me off to another for trying to deal with this. This package was time sensitive and had medication that had to be delivered via a plane to the ice roads. Because of this getting lost not only are we out all the money I spent on the items but now my wife is no longer able to produce milk for our 4 month old son and this is putting a major toll on her mental health. The other medication that was in the package could have helped with this issue as well but again it's lost.

Desired outcome: Compensation for all the loss and damage this has done

Update by Shawn Bursey
Jan 18, 2022 7:20 pm EST

why cant I see what they posted

4:11 pm EST

Purolator - Product being ruined

Do you people not provide your carriers with bags, ma'am I've been home open up my door and there's a Box from you guys sitting there all covered and snow and freezing rain. It has a picture of electronics on it the electronics inside is now ruined perit's now ruined. I will be complaining to Amazon and they need to start sending stuff with companies that use bags and not with you idiots. When we're requesting nothing you sent with you guys on the make sure everyone else that I know requested as well that is ridiculous provide bag soppy and so cheap now I gotta send something back and wait another freaking month force

N
5:14 pm EST

Purolator - Lost package

So they lot my package 1 month and 10 days ago. The trace specialist ALYSAA IS A [censored]ING [censored]. She keeps calling me and informing that they are searching for the package. I have explained and expressed so many times that the more they delay it affects my life as the package they lost had my applications and legal documents. I have cried so many times to explain that please stop delaying this process. But they do not care at all. The other thing is they NEVER APOLOGIZE, I mean what happened to manners. Working in a customer experience job and not even apologizing for the huge blunder you have created. I hope that [censored] ALYSSSA THE [censored]ING TRACE SPECIALIST lose her most important stuff some day and then she will know how it feels. This is by far the worst company in Canada. I mean look at your reviews on all the websites. You guys [censored]ing suck

3:14 pm EST

Purolator - Return/Worker did not give me a tracking number

I returned my order on December 30th. The person working at the front took my return scanned it and told me to leave. I did not receive a tracking number and now the company that owes me money is saying they did not receive anything. I have called multiple times and nobody has helped.
Purolator screwed me over; I no longer have the item to return nor do I have my money back.

Desired outcome: Pay my back for what I returned because the company never received it or return the item to me so I can use another company

P
1:53 pm EST

Purolator - Parcel Undelivered (was for Christmas) and returned

Tracking #[protected]

We sent a box December 23, 2021, from Leduc, AB to Blackfoot, AB, for next day delivery. When Purorlator went to deliver the front office was locked (and the back door open. We tried phoning to say send driver back as recipient phoned to say deliveries to back door.

Next day set for delivery (meaning recipient received no gifts for Christmas), was December 27, 2021. We called again to explain and gave them the number of the rehab facility and said connect with them and coordinate to deliver parcel. We spoke to Janelle at Customer Service who said she would redirect the driver and ensure it was delivered.

January 4, 2022, I received a text that the parcel was returned to Leduc, AB and I was to pick it up.

I would like $88.22 that I was charged to courier this special package, credited back to me. It is the least that can be done as it ruined my Christmas and not to mention the recipients Christmas as he and the people at the center were trying to find out where the package was for several days.

I have left messages for Janelle the last few days and she is not returning my calls.

My name and number are on the shipping receipt with the tracking code of [protected].

Desired outcome: I want the full cost to ship this parcel refunded to me.

R
3:25 am EST
Purolator has left an official reply on this complaint.

Purolator - Purolator has the worst shipping service in the world

I don't understand how this company is still not bankrupt. I get deliveries everyday in my building from canadapost, fedex, ups and dhl. But purolator apparently is in a unique situation of having to face "bad weather" in a parallel universe and cannot deliver my package from a warehouse that is 10 kms away.

Pretty sure they lost my newly ordered laptop and are making up stories on the tracking information. I am dreading the "Delivery attempted" slip they will eventually post on my apartment probably after a week. What a waste of time.

Desired outcome: Get my package delivered

Update by rahulyk
Jan 11, 2022 9:21 pm EST

I am in constant touch with customer service but nothing seems to help. The driver now sticks a cannot deliver on the door and goes away. The next day I drive all the way to Richmond from Vancouver for an hour hoping I can finally atleast pick my package up. Surprise surprise, some bright mind has decided to schedule redelivery without me asking for it. Now its been 2 days since that happened and I still haven't received the package.

Take a look at the history on this package, and you might mistake it for the history of humankind. Seriously, get it together Purolator. How disorganized can a shipping company be and still survive?

Update by rahulyk
Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm EST

I am in constant touch with your customer care. My facebook conversation with purolator support is the longest I've had in 10 years. Nothing helps. The delivery person finally comes around and sticks a delivery missed notice. I got all the way to Richmond from Vancouver to pick it up. Guess what, I still cannot get my package. Apparently some bright mind has assigned it for redelivery even though I have never requested for it. Now again the package is supposedly in a vehicle for delivery, but we all know how that one goes.

Still no delivery!

That tracking history looks like actual history of humankind.

1 comment
Mar 04, 2022 12:59 pm EST

Same thing happened to me was supposed to be delivered yesterday they even called me and told me so but low and behold online they say due to bad weather my package can't be delivered right now like seriously I live in the area I know the weather is perfectly fine if they could at least be honest about what the delay actually is it's disgusting they get away with straight up lying multiple times!

L
3:11 pm EST

Purolator - Driver

I own a business in Winnipeg Manitoba at 250 Lilac street. We always have incredible delivery drivers who are more than happy to always bring our boxes up the stairs and are very friendly with my staff. There is one driver that is consistently rude. Yelled in my face when I asked his name and said his name was purolator. License plate PBU518 at 2 pm December 3st.

Desired outcome: This person should be spoken to. And should know he is giving you a bad name yelling in women’s faces more than 30 years younger than him.

12:36 pm EST

Purolator - Missing package

I was waiting for an expensive package (worth well over $1000), all the sudden it says it was delivered online. It was nowhere to be found. I called Purolator and contacted them by Twitter/email. No one could tell me where it was other than the fact it was probably sent somewhere else. They said a trace was put in, with no idea what the timeline will be to answer me.

I asked them why there was no method of authentication (phone call, signature, or even picture of the package). They said the driver left the package at the door... For such an expensive package! Any food delivery service would do a better job at making sure it's delivered to the correct person/address. An absolute nightmare! They didn't even offer any compensation for the time wasted on this, with still no solution, would not recommend doing any business with them.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've bought a Dell desktop computer and unfortunally it was delivered by Porulator. On Friday I was all the day at home, and I've got a slip in the floor glass. Interesting all the deliveries for my employer to me is done at my door. But not this time, again. On moday 6, 9:16 am I' ve received an SMS that my package was ready for collection. Took the car to...

2:56 pm EST

Purolator - Nothing but excuses for not delivering parcel

Had a package from Amazon was supposed to be delivered Wednesday but instead was coming Tuesday nice thought tracking says no buzzer code funny its on my amazon account so I go on Puroloator and add it then today it says no update due to natural disaster and then I get an email saying that they tried to deliver my parcel at 10:49 am but it was the wrong address so then I go to the live chat and she proceeds to tell me that today is their first delivery day since Christmas and that it will take at least one business day to update my address they just have zero customer service skills. They have the right address my buzzer code my cell number I( I have been home both apparent times they were here to deliver ) So I guess there website and tracking system are computer liars I will make sure that if I am getting a delivery sent from them that I will not place the order this company is below sub par service !

J
10:35 am EST

Purolator - Failed to Deliver as guaranteed

Purlator worst courrier company in Canada - cannot deliver parcels as promised.
Parcel was supposed to arrive Dec 24th by 8pm - guaranteed by Purlator. Shipment was on truck for delivery as indicated on package tracking. Nothing but excuses for delays and failure to deliver - cause was external, whatever that means. My experienec with Purlator is that they are the WORST COURRIER in Canada for delivering anything...even in non covid times...Why a company would use Purlator as a courrier is beyond reason especially since they failed to deliver as promised or guarantee to deliver...

Desired outcome: Item should be free of charge because of Purlator's Failure to Deliver....Cost fo item $35.00.....

L
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is a general complaint because many aspects of their service is pathetic. I'll be specific: I am the receiver (residential) 1) left instructions of signature not required, to be left at certain location on property. Problem - courier disregarded above instructions, I was not home and so left a non-delivery slip, courier did call (I could not pick up...

D
8:37 pm EST

Purolator - Expedited Shipment

Here is the summary of the status of the delivery that was provided through tracking:

Thu. Dec. 23, 2021 - 6:35 p.m. Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable

Thu. Dec. 23, 2021 - 10:37 a.m. On vehicle for delivery

Thu. Dec. 23, 2021 - 6:06 a.m. Arrived at sort facility

Thu. Dec. 23, 2021 - 2:47 a.m. Arrived at sort facility

Wed. Dec. 22, 2021 - 3:13 p.m. Picked up by Purolator at PICKERING ON

Wed. Dec. 22, 2021 - 3:03 p.m. Purolator Shipping label created with reference(s):

I would not be as livid as I am right now IF there was a delivery notice left on my door that would have been a physical indication that they actually came up to my door and rang my doorbell (I did not hear my doorbell, nor my door being knocked. There was nothing left there and when I checked the status again, here is the update they provided:

Attention
Estimated Delivery Date

Not Available

Attempted delivery - if you received a Delivery Attempt Notice, follow instructions on the notice.

I had to reach out to the CS department where they had informed me that the driver was at the terminal with my package and I would be able to pick it up before their closing time (8 PM).

I drove to this terminal and they had informed me that the driver was not back at the terminal and would not make it before 8 PM, thus wasting more of my time playing a back and forth game. They told me to come back in the morning of December 24th, 2021 and pick it up then.

The whole point of the expedited shipping service and requesting that the shipment to be: "LEAVE AT DOOR PLS" is so that I wouldn't have to deal with this type of situation.

Purolator contacts