PSI Examstesting and employees

R

I did a google search after my "psi experience" this week and was stunned to see so many people agree with me. After doing all the coursework for my real estate exam and getting an a in the course I went this week to take the psi tests to get my license. Understand, I am not saying I am a perfect student but I studied the general and state information over and over, had apps on my phone and scored 85% or higher on the general every time and 90% on the state. I needed 70% to pass and I took four "practice exams" on psi's web site to insure I was familiar with their testing and questions as my textbook approached some topics differently than them.

Well, I go to psi and let's say the two employees made my dmv seem welcoming. The office is in a basement and they were miserable. It's not a great work environment but you'd swear us coming to take the test we paid their company to take was annoying to them. I ignored it not wanting to make enemies.

I sit down to take my exam and on the general there isn't a single question that is from the practice tests. None. Charged me $20 each and I foolishly paid it so i'd be extra ready and not a help at all. However, I passed the general section.

On the state law test where I did far better in the class, on the exam and the apps I used to quiz myself. I failed by one question. One. A test I got over 90% on everywhere else I failed according to psi by one question and they won't tell me what I got right and wrong... Just how many I got right and wrong in very general topics which I couldn't possibly tie to actual questions. I was floored! I nicely asked if they had more detail and the woman shook her head no. I asked when I could re-take and she just said "go online". They wanted nothing to do with the test takers at all and since you can't reach psi via phone (I tried before the test with a question) they just won't deal with you other than taking your money.

I have rescheduled the state re-take for next week. My only way to try and "beat psi" is to read the entire chapter on state laws which I aced already over and over praying I somehow get similar questions and can get one more right when I can't tell what was wrong.in fact, I know of two questions psi asked on the state exam there are nowhere in my text because i've even searched online for the answers so for all I know they threw in something from another state and I have no recourse.

I see these complaints have gone back almost a decade and psi isn't changing. I will do everything in my power to pass this final piece and pray I see little of nothing of psi again... Who just for another $55 for me to re-take a test I have no idea how I failed.

• Ba
    Barry Hicks Dec 28, 2017

I'm with you on that! I contacted PSI as soon as I got finished with my test. I passed the State Portion, but failed the National by Two. I called my friend to tell him and got talking about the math portions. I had at least two questions in regards to the Amortization Table, but did't know how to get the answer without the Amortization Table Worksheet. He told me that they tell you it is on the wall beside you when they tell you what number station to go to. Wrong! I was never told one thing about it. I called PSI Customer Service tonight and the the representative was extremely rude. I asked her if I could speak to a Manager and she told me to hold. I have it recorded where she had me on had and then transferred me to a automated message stating that the were now closed due to business hours. I am not going to stop with this and going to contact Better Business Bureau and put this out for everyone. I told her I didn't expect for them to just pass me, but should give me a free retest for that portion since they didn't give me the amortization table sheet to calculate the problem.

• Da
    Dave Morrison Feb 23, 2018

@Barry Hicks I had the Amortization Table but everything else you said was apt. Yup. All of this!