Grand Canyon University [GCU] Logo

Grand Canyon University [GCU]

Having problems with Grand Canyon University [GCU]?

+1 855 428 5673 (Customer Service)
+1 877 428 8447 (Technical Support)
+1 602 639 6244 (Student Life)
3300 W Camelback Rd

Peoria Avenue Office
2411 W. Peoria Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85029

27th Avenue Office
5115 N. 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85017

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Grand Canyon University [GCU].

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 13, 2020

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — Unethical handling of my student loans

The financial department seems to care nothing about getting the student the money they need and are...

Sep 17, 2020

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — Unethical behavior

I completed the DNP program at GCU with a high GPA in 2/2020 but I still needed to receive the final DPI...

Apr 07, 2020

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — Grade appeal

I received a non-passing grade in a course, BIT 415 IT Project, I took from 9/23-11/17/2019. This course...

Grand Canyon University [GCU]stipend check

I've never seen a college that does what gcu does with their students money. Regardless if it's financial aid money or not, this is absolutely crazy! They give you nothing but the run around. My financial aid posted last month and a week later went to "0"... I was told my check was mailed on january 30th... I've yet to receive anything in the mail... Nothing takes over a week and a half regular mail to get somewhere.. After reading all the reviews of 1000's of students having the same issues, I am debating on switching colleges. This is nuts. Not one other university does such things. I think they just want to rob you. Also when I enrolled I was told i'd be getting 2 scholarships and I only received one. What a scam!!! Just a way for them to pocket more money... I am debating also if a class action lawsuit should happen, i'm sure i'd have plenty of people to join me!!!

• Mw
      MW2627 Sep 15, 2020

I have had the same issue with Grand Canyon University, it is so said the way of learning from some colleges is to rip off the students. I mention to Grand canyon I did not owe them anything I did not enroll in class and took off a semester. Grand Canyon University must had already pocket the money, they sent me a bill for not signing up for classes I explain to them I have never experience anything like this in my life long of time in school and three degrees from other colleges. The school is a scam and I was warn that this school ripped off students and a patient of mines fault a law suit with them. I tell you what with all the scams going on I am going to push they be investigated, if a class action is persuade I will be the first to sign.

• La
      Latinanp Sep 22, 2020

@MW2627 I am trying to get help please. I finished my DNP program in 2/2020 and made me take an extended course and pay for an editor to get the final stamp from the dean which they wont let me and they have falsified statements. The assistant dean Dr. Fetter insulted me and bullied me. GCU has not giving me my doctoral degree yet and its been 7 months, over $79, 000 federal student loans, over $2000 put of my pocket in extended course and editor fees. PLEASE HELP!

Jan 22, 2020

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — cheating and plagiarism

I am a master's student and reported that another student, that also works there, was cheating. She copied...

Dec 28, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — I am a direct descendant

I became pregnant in April 2019 and informed my university immediately of my condition with my student...

Dec 25, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — teach grant practices

I enrolled in GCU on August of 2015. My enrollment counselor told me that since I was in a program to get my...

Grand Canyon University [GCU]defamation of character

My classmate called me the b words and other profanity in front of my classmates the school did nothing about it. No one is responding to my calls. Am going to keep on complaining until someone hears me. She triggered my anxiety and depression am filing a lawsuit for pain and suffering because no one care how I feel and she's still in class going I attend online school

Grand Canyon University [GCU]lying to students

I was contacted by my student councilor and was informed that I could retake a class one time for free. This is a lie. I had to withdraw from school due to family issues only to learn that now I owe GCU almost 3000 dollars. I have tried to get in touch with the councilor only no response. They are always calling until you decide to drop out. Do not ever believe these people. My student ledger states a refund was posted on December 11, 2019 so I tr to get a hold of someone to no avail. Only to receive an email stating that means I owe GCU. whats going on??????

Dec 05, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — gcu disbursements

I am still waiting on them to apply my pell grant after they messed up everything and told me everything wa...

Dec 05, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — doctor of education program

GCU professors continuously changed the expectations set forth in the dissertation classes. GCU refused to...

Dec 04, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — financial aid/refund stipend

I am current GCU graduate student and I have had the absolute worst experience dealing with GCU's financial...

Grand Canyon University [GCU]online course

I signed up for online course and I logged into the GCU orientation one time. Thought to myself this is stupid and that was the end of it so I thought? And they started calling me and sending me letters saying I owe them $2000 and I told him to get bank I'm not giving anybody $2000 for the orientation class. Now they have put me in collections on credit bureaus.

Grand Canyon University [GCU]financial aid disbursements

Grand Canyon university I would not recommend l! I had loans to post in October but never seen my pell grant post do I called my counselor several times and he kept telling me everything was ok my pell was on the way! Last week I found out I was missing a updated fasfa. He should have been told me this! I updated my fasfa and got everything processed and I'm still waiting on my pell grant. You literally have to drag information from these counselors about your aid. I'm looking for another school this is very poor communication and it seems they just don't care! I am constantly checking the portal this is stressful

Grand Canyon University [GCU]refused to work with my during my illness

Like many others here I too had a horrible experience with GCU. I fell ill during my final courses of the program with only 8 credits left, and despite many attempts the school refused to work with me during that time. My adviser was fully unaffected by my pleas for more time to recover from surgery and I was forced to withdraw. Now that I am healthy and able to return the school has "updated the program" and I now need an additional 18 credits (instead of 8) and an additional year, plus the additional thousand of dollars to complete. I was told I could either comply with their demands or forfeit the thousands of dollars and time I have already dedicated to this program. For any organization, much less a faith based one to gouge people in this way is truly disappointing.

Nov 12, 2019

Grand Canyon University [GCU] — transfer credits

Gcu When I enrolled in GCU I was as all students do shopping around for the best fit. GCU offered me 56...

Grand Canyon University [GCU]doctoral program

I have been attending GCU since 2011 and was able to maintain my GPA and degree for the past 8 years. Since I did not get the support I needed during my doctoral degree I had to drop out. My academic adviser was inconsistent with the information she gave regarding instructors, GPA's and academic probation. The instructors who graded my work gave no insight on how to better my grades. There were no resources for the doctoral degree to help me improve my writing skills. I would have benefited from 1-1 contact or someone I could actually talk to who would help guide me through my work. The course work would take days to complete and then I would get a D or F as a grade. I begged my adviser for help and ways to problem solve so I didn't have to drop out. I am extremely disappointment in the doctoral program at GCU.
              I am getting a ton of voice calls now that I owe money!!

Grand Canyon University [GCU]financial aid disbursements

Well my financial aid came in and they charge me 5958 my loans came in 9500 plus 2887 plus 1900 gcu retention they send me a stipend of 1629 when was supposed to be 8329. I recommend getting a lawyer when you see this when I call the counselor she told me oh I'll check and I told her nothing to check 4 years [protected] loan plus 2887 pell and 1900 gcu retention and charge 5958 and send stipend 1629.

Grand Canyon University [GCU]grand canyon university doctoral program bait and switch

Non credit doctoral continuation classes for 7 years. I've been working on my dissertation for 10 years. I was supposed to be done long ago. But I had 4 different chairs, that had different ideas of how I should complete my dissertation during credit and non credit classes. I was continually led on about being close to completion by all 4. Grand Canyon needs to be stopped from leading students on. Please contact me at [protected]@live.com. Thanks

Grand Canyon University [GCU]tuition reimbursement

I notified the school I had not received my tuition reimbursement on multiple occasions. They finally recut the check. I again notified them a week later I had not received the check. They said I had to wait 9 days. Upon waiting more days I still had not received over 3, 054 check. I notified again. This time someone had forged my signature. Had to ask for it to be filed as fraud. Now the school refuses to give me any updates to move the situation along. They will not give me anyone's Information aside from one school person to talk to. She won't provide me any information or follow up. She only tells me to call the bank who cannot talk to me because I'm just the payee. The institution is the claimant. I have all of the emails as evidence. I've done everything in my power and the school refuses to give me any information on the money that they took from the federal government and refuse to release or give me any information on.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices