PSE&Gbilling

First, I was told that my gas bill for January 2012 was due to "storage" of gas during the summer months and that I was being charged the storage fees during the winter months. I've never heard or seen this before.

My second complaint is in regards to my Febraury 2012 bill. I was told that the person reading the meter mistakenly inputted the wrong numbers and I was being charged for the error. I have a remote meter were it is scanned not written. I should not be held accountable for stupid mistakes where I am getting excessively high bills.

• He
    Helen Griffin Sep 17, 2018

I have had an ongoing issue for 5 years with PSE&G. There is a recurring amount due of $223.32 on my bill since October of 2013. I have asked many, many, many times for them to tell me what month's usage this $223.32 represents. they never tell, instead rehash previous balances, and payments, etc. I just want to know what month or month's makes up this recurring balance, and I will research. First they told me one amount, and I found that payment, back in 2012, then it was another amount and I found that paid. What is going on here? It is a very simple question...

• Jw
    JWinNJ Feb 28, 2012

Was charged 3 times normal amount in January and new bill has adjustments on it but doesn't explain anything at all and has the same reading info as last month? So was I charged for 2-3 months upfront? I called 3 times and am on hold for 15-20 minutes and no one ever picks up: the old "We have large volume", wonder why?

• Yo
    Yolanda56 Feb 17, 2012

• Pa
    Paul Qi Jul 16, 2011

bring them to court in newark. they will fix it

• Gi
    ginnyzwing Aug 10, 2009

PSE&G never sent a final bill, which I requested they send to a new address. I called and checked on it, but still no bill. They then sold my outstanding debt to a 3rd party, a collections company, washing their hands of it completely. I found out about my outstanding balance and paid it. But neither PSE&G nor the collections company that "owned" my outstanding balance ever reported that I paid it to credit reporting agencies. This bill, for about $71, has been showing up unpaid on my credit report for years. I have repeatedly asked the collection company to fix this problem, and they have failed to do anything. I have also repeatedly asked PSE&G. to correct this. A customer service rep there actually said: "we don't own that debt anymore and we could care less if you paid the bill or not".