Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Logo

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]

Having problems with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]?

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 19, 2008. The latest review boiler was posted on May 17, 2021. The latest complaint "surprise" deposit requirements for 9-year customer was resolved on May 01, 2018. Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 81 reviews. Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] has resolved 37 complaints.

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 436 7734 (Emergencies)
+1 800 880 7734 (Emergencies)
+1 800 490 0075 (Emergencies, Long Island)
+1 800 490 0025 (Residential Customers, Long Island)
+1 800 966 4818 (Business Solutions Center, Long Island)
+1 800 490 0085 (Spanish Language)
80 Park Plaza, 10C
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Customer Service. Initial Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]. Discuss the issues you have had with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Complaints & Reviews

PSE&Gthe electrical squad removed sidewalk and portion of my driveway and three months later is still there

About three months ago one of pse&g electrical squad did some work on my sidewalk: portion of my driveway and sidewalk was removed. Three days later they left after surrounding the area with cones and flags.

We have been patient all this summer warning our grandchildren to stay away from the stones and clay-soil and a possible falling tree.

We live right on the corner of howe ave. And pleasant view drive. Now the view has become an ugly and unsafe appearance.

Calling pse&g is a nightmare. Please, please let us know when it will be redone the way used to be.

Thank you, respectfully joseph miglino, my wife tina and our grandchildren

PSE&G — falsely inflated billing

The month I moved in I received a bill from pse&g for over $700. This is before I had used even a month'...

PSE&G - Gas & Electric — pse&g bills overcharging consumers

I am a disabled person. Pse&g mailed me in may 2009 an overinflated bill via us mail. They falsely claim...

PSE&G — equal payment plan a myth

The equal payment plan is a lie and a scam by pse&g. They arbitrarily raise your rates by hundreds of dollar...

PSEG NJ — internet/phones/customer service

Pseg nj customer service is nonexistant, if you have a problem with their internet which is all the time and...

PSE&G (NJ) Worry Free Appliancelack of customer service

I pay over $300 a year for a "worry free" appliance contract. I was on hold for 30 minutes today to schedule an appointment for a broken dishwasher. The first available appointment is in almost 2 weeks! I will not re-new my service contract with them and I advise others to look for a different service provider. They don’t tell you when you sign up that most appointments take 2 weeks. Can you live for 2 weeks with a broken refrigerator? Or taking your wash to a laundromat? Or live for 2 weeks without ac in the summer? Total rip off!

• 1s
        #1 service tech Jun 14, 2011

Your facts are a little wrong. We NEVER take more than 24hrs especially in october TO RESPOND. Your claim of 24days is so not true, and your the type of person that would call in a gas leak because your impatient, btw if you have a pending no heat call and you decided to call in a gas leak our dispatcher will send an apprentice that IS NOT qualified to work on your heater. So keep your money our just wait your turn, wait i have a better idea hire a contractor and see how thats works out!

• Ho
        hotobhaga Oct 19, 2009

I have the same experience with them. It's not worry free, but worry full and horrible experience. Total RIP OFF, stay away.

PSE&G Worry Free Sucks Oct 02, 2009

I paid for two years for the "Worry Free" contract. Today (10/02/09) is the first time my furnace has some problem and I called them to fix it. I was told the earliest service date will be 10/26/09. I have a two-month old baby in the house. THERE is NO WAY I can wait for more than THREE WEEKS for them to fix my heating system under this weather! I STRONGLY AGREE that PSE&G "Worry Free" contract is a total "RIP OFF"!

PSE&Gbill related

I have been calling pse&g since feb for a problem I had with my bill. Everytime I call I am on the phone for 30 to 45 mins and then finally when I get through to them nobody has been able to solve my problem. I always get "oh we will take care of it". But still no luck they owe me credit for 900.00.. What should I do???

• Ci
          Civitas Energy Nov 23, 2010

It's hard to argue with real experiences but unfortunately these things happen, however the reality is that you shouldn't t have to put up with it. And the great thing is that you don't: there are other choices to get energy out there - I am of course referring to solar energy.

You may have heard about solar before, but what you may not have heard is that solar can offset you bills to practically nothing and it is far more affordable than you might think:
          a) If one has the means they can purchase it for cash, It pays for itself in about 6 to 7 years. No more bills plus it earns you an income. Enough said.
          b) One can also take out a loan and finance it that way. Immediate savings can still be achieved from day one even with a loan however the payback term is slightly lengthened to account for the loan interest payments. You still get the income through selling your energy credits and when the loan is paid off you have full energy savings and the income combined; or
          c) the third option that one can take is to lease a solar system. In this case the leasee is able to lower their electricity bills today and continue to pay that same low amount each month for the entire lease term of eight years - and with no upfront cost to the leasee.
          For example, if you are paying an average electricity bill of $120/month (1, 400/year) you will only have to pay about $96/month (or $1, 152/year) for the next eight years -- even if electricity rates are sky-rocketing. At worst you save $288 in the first year for doing nothing, and as rates rise you save more. The best part is you don't have to pay anything to have it installed: The financier takes care of that.

It's awful to hear stories like these, but because it's PSE&G it means you're in New Jersey and New Jersey happens to be the best state in the country for assisting individuals with adopting solar. So, if PSE&G are causing you grief then give solar a thought.

If any of you have interest in finding out more, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected], or, visit our website at www.civitasenergy.com.

Regards - Patrick Gallagher

pseg1245 Jul 24, 2009

I also have a similar problem with PSEG. In one of the bills they over estimated it and I payed the bill. Now, they have corrected the reading but are not crediting my payment and inturn asking me pay 750$.
          Everytime I call PSEG to explain the situation I will have to wait first 15 mins minimum and then to explain the customer representative it takes around 30 more minutes. They understand the issue they will escalate to their supervisor and they say it will be taken care of.
          But still I get a bill saying that I owe PSEG around 750$. I have called them like 10 times and they don't even acknowledge that I called before. Everytime I call I have to explain the whole issue but still no solution.

PSE&Gonline bill pay

This service is horrible. It was better with the old website. You cannot get on line to pay your bill. I have tried repeatedly only to be sent back to the sign in page. It is frustrating and useless. Then if you call to complain, you have to wait on the phone for 10 minutes or more every time. Disgusted witjh your site> find sometjhing that works because this does not. Tired of it. You want to be paid, make the site work. It sucks

• Al
            Alberto Rodriguez-suarez Mar 06, 2012

Gas rates for a single person living in a small apartment are way to high, considering that I barely use the heating, because I am out from 5 am to 9 pm, and when I do it, I set the meter to the lowest. So. to me, this is like a hold up. Thanks for your kind attention.

• Al
            Alberto Rodriguez-suarez Mar 06, 2012

Gas rates for a single person living in a small apartment in South River N.J. compares only to a hold up. !! Some person or group should do something to stop this abuse !!

• Po
            POS Jun 09, 2010

iam having same problem i paid 300 first.. but they didnt take out money from my bank account... so I try again with 500 with same account number... they took 500 first and 300 later... now iam having 3 or 4 overdraft fees on my account... they have to change the system

• Mt
            mtb Aug 11, 2009

I used the auto bill pay vs. doing it manually each month and it was fine. I switched it so I could pay it manually online and that is when all the problems started. A few weeks before Christmas instead of taking the $450 payment they deducted $1500 from my account! Of course, now I didn't have any money for Christmas or to host the Christmas dinner I planned. Since then, I cancelled the online bill pay altogether. Terrible system...

• Cl
            clingermanocds Jul 28, 2009

How many times to I have to sign up and sign up again for this?

I know my user I.D. and I know my password. I am on the 3rd time of having to register for the 3rd consecutive month in order to pay my bill. Argh! I have not had such problems with any other on-line payment site.

• Ge
            Gettie Jul 16, 2009

Their website stinks, the old one was much better, I had to reset my password 3 times and it still doesn't work, cannot log in

• Ba
            babs1025 Jun 12, 2009

I had the exact same expierence when trying to pay my bill online a week ago. What is going on? I logged on this morning or should I say I tried to log in. I was told the site was down and try later. I guess they don't want my money!!!

• Fr
            Frustrated Apr 05, 2009

The new online bill paying service being offered DOES NOT work properly. It asks you the amount you wish to pay. So you enter the amount, so far so good. It even tells you what amount will be deducted in USD (US dollars) I was not aware we could pay in pesos or dinars. So you click continue and the next page tells you that o.oo USD was deducted and your orignal balance was same. You have 2 choices on the page, a. Go Back or b. Print. So thinking you have made a mistake you go back and start over...you keep ending up on the same page that says Go Back or Print. Everytime you do this, Go Back or Print they are hitting your back account. So thinking I still not paid I called the payment center who at first said if I have not received a confirmation notice then the payment did not process. Still wanting to pay I attempted to pay through his online check. It said I could'nt. Checking further he found that they had debited two 400.00 payments from my bank account. Mind you, I used the online system over 24 hours prior to talking to him. Low and Behold after hanging up with him, not more than two minutes passed and I received Two payment confirmations in an email. This system should be offline. Personally, I'd send it back to Germany where they got it.

PSE&Grecining a monthly statement (bill)

I have not received a pse&g bill since march, 2009. Everytime I call the 1-800436-pseg customer service line. I am told that they have a new computer system andi'm not the only one having this problem. They will speak with it department and have a bill sent out. After the third call I still have not received a bill! I wonder if I am the only one in burlington county that is having this problem?

PSE&G — service

Over the last several weeks (may/june - 2009), we have attempted to contact pse&g re: blatant errors in our...

Pse&g New Jerseyon line billling fee's

The convenience fee listed for on line payments is ridiculous! Their not helping the customer or the environment. I was trying to save paper and a few trees. I am canceling my on line account and paying by mail. It's the principle, if I mail the bill it's.41 cents! Paying on line is $5.41 no way. At what point should a customer take a stand especially when it's a green one!

• Vi
                VinodGupta Sep 26, 2012

Convenience...whose convenience? PSE&G benefits the most when they get the money quickly and conveniently directly into their coffers without having to process millions of checks. They should be discounts for online payments. They are not saving trees, they are selling trees by charging ten times more the cost of posting a check.

psegcustomer Dec 07, 2010

I know it's late to comment here but I totally agree Knickerbocker and Slienttkv. There is no need for even a $1.00 fee. It's nothing more than a wire transfer. Sheesh even banks that send out internet checks in the regular mail don't charge. I would much rather pay all my bills one way so I only have to pay one bill for everything but with idiot Companies like PSE&G it's not going to happen anytime soon. It doesn't make any sense to charge the paying customer. Unless they don't see us as paying customers since they have literally no competition what so ever and probably never will.

• Si
                silentkv Feb 26, 2010

Too much snow outside so I decided to try and pay online and was also surprised at the $6 convenience fee. I'll take my chances in the snow. If it was $1, I could understand but $6 is ridiculous. Now I read elsewhere that the money goes to a third party that does the transactions but still, other companies find other ways not to charge extra, PSE&G should do the same.

• Mr
                Mr. Knickerbocker May 20, 2009

I totally agree! Is PSE&G THAT stupid to think that we believe that they don't get a piece of that $6 "convenience fee"? And even if they don't (I believe they do), what does it say about a company that contracts with someone to set up a web page and charges customers enormous fees when just about every other utility company that has such a site DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING?

They better start hiring more customer service/bill processing people, because that $6 fee is going to set PSE&G's bill paying back into the 20th Century.

By mail---$5.28 per year; On-line---almost $75 a year!

PSE&Gbad service & cheaters

I called pse&g to schedule repair appointment for my central air conditioner. I have service contract as well. One day I called and no one answered for about 45 mins and then I hung up. Next day, I tried again for 38 mins and finally some one picked up and I scheduled an appointment for friday may 1st from 4 to 8pm. I come home from work so that I can attend the technician but I waited until 8pm and no one showed up and no one called to cancel or change the appointment. I called up customer service to find out what happened and they told me that some one did show up at my home around 1:30pm or something and they don't know why.

Okay, then I asked to re-schedule for next day and so rep scheduled for next day may 2nd from 12 to 4pm. So, next day when no one called and showed up until 2pm I called the customer service to make sure that the same mistake does not happen like yesterday. Rep told me that yes I do have an appointment scheduled for today so I should wait until 4pm. I asked to call the technician and find out approx time when he/she will be here. Rep told me they can not do that and I will need to wait because they will show up. Guess what, I waited until 4pm and no one called and no one showed up. Then, I called customer service again, and I was shocked to hear that in the system there was no appointment scheduled for today rather it was scheduled for may 30 from 8 to 4. So, somebody changed my appointment and made me look like fool. Now, I am waiting to hear back from a supervisor but I doubt any one will call me back.

• Bs
                  bse! Sep 25, 2015

PSE& $ I agree 100 percent if your late they will make you pay a huge deposit and they make the money on yours ! ive been here 6 years and been no more than a month late due to travel for work and always payed they are a monopoly and should be broken up ! They have to much power ! they will tell you they are not and say go solar or get a generator is what i was told ! they told me to ask a church for help really because you want to overcharge people and hold there cash and power as LEVRAGE ! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ big brother

• Tc
                  TCC3 Aug 08, 2013

We are also having major issues with PSE&G. I think they need to be investigated and reprimanded for ripping off consumers. Month after month our bill seems to steadily increase. I am not home for at least 12 hours on a daily basis due to my work schedule but yet my bill is always dictating differently. They have not come to do a physical manual real reading on my meter in I can't even tell you how long! How can they continue to "estimate" my bill and OVERCHARGE me month after month! I want to know where we as consumers can go to lodge a formal complaint and have PSE&G investigated for overcharging and deceiving customers! My neighbors are also having similar problems and this is a real concern. They will turn you off in a heartbeat for nonpayment but they continue to get away with falsifying charges. How would they like it if I "estimated" the amount in which I want to pay! They can estimate how much they would like me to pay! Fair is fair after all!

PSE&G — rip-off in the name of the bills

Pse&g is a complete monopoly in providing utility services, there service is extremely bad, if you need to...

PSEGhow things are handled

My name is rita and my son has asthma. My doctor faxed a letter over to them stating he has asthma. Pseg is seem so worried about a bill being late that they don't seem to care about my 3year old sons life. I never recieved any type of special sticker on my box or anything to remind them and there staff that he has asthma. I all of a sudden was given a new pseg account number I don't know what that is about but I do have the old number also. To contact me I can be reached at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Me
                    mecia Apr 29, 2009

PSEG made me pay $500 when i first started my service with them. They told me after a year it would be refunded back to me. Well its been 2 years and still i havent recieved my money back. Now they tell me i cant recieve it because its been credited to my account. They all of a sudden changed my account number also. [email protected]

PSE&G — check your electric meters everyone!

Im not a licensed electrician, but if I shut the main to my house and all of its subs, why is my electric...

Pseg.com — website - lack of customer information

1) I agree with the other complaints regarding delivery charges and that they seem to be a monopoly in ga...

PSE&G — victim of a major corporation

My name is kimberly vine and i'm a victim of pse&g. For the past several months I have experienced bad...

PSEGunprofessional customer service

Unprofessional : still waiting for gas to be turned on
                  We moved into west orange on nov 1 2008. The technician was supposed to come yesterday nov 3rd for gas to be turned on. Never came. Called customer service and the lady checked something and said that they will be sending someone over by the night. Got a call from a technician around 8 pm and was told he doesnt know anything about gas he fixes only electric!!
                  Called again rescheduled, is supposed to come again today (nov 4th) between 8 am and 4 pm for connection. About 3:40 pm now and still no one has showed up. Called customer service now and are told that he can come any time between now and midnight!! I took a day off for this and this is the answer I get. Have called customer service about 5 times for past 2 days. Am not sure what else I need to do to get the technician to come over and get my gas turned on.

Sargent Rutledge Mar 06, 2013

2 PSE&G workers came to our home on March 3, 2013, to check our furnace. This man was very rude, disrespectful, and confrontational. He stated that according to information in his system, the furnace was cracked so what did we want? I informed him that the furnace was repaired by a licensed plumber and has since been approved by PSE&G inspectors. He told me to get out of his fricking face and get away from him. I asked him to at least look at it. In his rudest manner this individual told me to go back in the fricking house. At that point things could have gotten very, very ugly. Who does this individual thinks he is to come to a customer's home and speak to them in that manner? Lastly, I cannot find a number to file an official complaint about this employeeCan anyone please help me in contacting the right department/person(s) to file a complaint. Something has to be done about people like this.

PSE&Gunderstanding the bill

I have yet to really figure out this bill from pse&g. When you go to there website to see "understanding your bill" it doesn't tell you why you have multiple rate charges for delivery and supply.

For example I have under delivery.

Kwh charges 340 kwh @$0.04744...
                    Next 590kwh @$0.051474...

And the same with supply which may have up to 3 "next" listings for it.

Does any one else get a bill that looks like this. Are they in the middle of the month changing the charges and thats what "next" is. Am I being f*k by them or what? I called them a while back but didn't seem to get any clear answer that made sense. Also just canceled my service and it looks like they are trying to charge me for an estimated rate for time that I am not even living there.

Thanks for any help.

• Ti
                        tina_juice Aug 02, 2009

i am so pissed...i have exact similar charges that i have no clue why i am charged for and guess what i have no ac and i have a very small apartment i get a bill of 200!!! i am so pissed...f**** they are ripping us for sure!!!

• sektornj Apr 11, 2009

I had one like that this month - with 3 "next" on it.. Dont understand it either. My meter is still spinning after I shut the main to the house and called them about it 3 weeks ago. Nobody has called me back yet.. There a shocker..

• Me
                        ME Aug 18, 2008

Hi,

Even I have got a similar bill. That too, in the middle of the month. I got a bill that's almost double the amount that I expect normally. Any suggestion / help greatly welcomed.

Thanks.

PSEG - Public Service Gas & Electric - NJ — total goons!

This is a monopoly at its best. They charge a delivery and supply charge for delivering gas and electric...