CenterPoint Energy Logo

CenterPoint Energy

Having problems with CenterPoint Energy?

+1 800 992 7552 (Arkansas)
+1 877 224 6735 (California)
+1 866 275 5252 (North Louisiana)
+1 800 477 0177 (South Louisiana)
+1 800 245 2377 (Minnesota, Residential)
+1 612 321 4939 (Minnesota, Commercial)
+1 800 371 5417 (Mississippi)
+1 877 807 5193 (Wyoming)
+1 866 275 5265 (Oklahoma)
+1 800 752 8036 (Texas, Houston Metro)
+1 800 376 9663 (Texas, Beaumont)
+1 800 259 5544 (Texas, East Texas)
+1 800 427 7142 (Texas, South Texas)
P.O. Box 4583
Houston, Texas
United States - 77210-4583
Minnesota, General Correspondence
CenterPoint Energy, 505 Nicollet Mall, P.O. Box 59038, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55459-0038

Complaints & Reviews

dishwasher leaking

We have had the worst nightmare experience with this Home Service Plus company. We were having problems with the dishwasher leaking water on the floor. Called the company about 3x because their waiting line can take longer than 20 minutes to answer with you waiting on the line. I finally was able to get a hold of someone in the company and even though I mentioned water leaks under tiles they did not seem alarmed and said the only day available would be a week later. Since we have been paying for the plan we decided to wait for them to come. Appointment day came a week later - and they said they would come on a Friday from 8am-4pm. I called around 3pm no one answered and I kept waiting. At around 4:10 Friday no one had showed up. No phone calls or anything. I looked at my email and they had rescheduled for another week later without any notice. At that point the water starter flooding the basement carpet on the floor below the kitchen. I called the company on Friday night they said they could put me on the line with a tech to walk me through fixing the issue. I was unable to fix it myself with the tech help over the phone and they said there was nothing they could do. I even talked to the manager that said was making phone calls to try to allocate service and then never called back to follow up. I had to eventually call an emergency service On the weekend and pay out of pocket $189 for a plumber to come and at least close the water leading to the dishwasher and plumbers apparently cannot fix appliances. Right now I cannot use the dishwasher because of it is leaking water, but this is not the worst problem. The basement drywall is completely destroyed. I was told by the plumber that the service inside the basement ceiling to fix the water damage will cost most likely thousands of dollars. I am so disappointed and upset that this company had neglected my problem for so long and this has caused a major loss in my property. I do not recommend their services specially when you need them. I believe this is not worth the $50 a month we pay for repair service because the company is unable to provide service in a timely manner. I am completely dissatisfied and will cancel my plan.

natural gas utility company

Centerpoint has no mechanism for reading out the meter or disconnecting service on a specified day. It is a window, but if you have a shake-y closing date, you will be stuck with anywhere from 3 to 14 days of paying for your buyers gas usage. You could request discontinuation 2 weeks in advance of your closing date if you do not need the service to the house in that time, but it is the only way to be sure it is your bill and not your buyers. If you have been a multi-year customer they could adjust the bill, but they would rather tell you to stick it. Since there is no regulation and no competition, they can tell you anything they want.

non refundable money

I've been calling several times to get my money refunded to me . I have yet been able to get a truthful...

Home service plus

Contacted Home Service Plus on Friday 8/9/2019 for a washer repair. Was told the earliest appointment was Thursday 8/15/2019, with an appointment window of 8am to 5pm. Today, on the day of the scheduled service, I received a call at 4pm, saying that the appointment would need to be rescheduled, and the earliest avail was Monday, 8/19/2019, again with a 9-hour window for arrival.

I booked that appointment, because I need my appliance fixed.

However, I think your service is horrendous. Who in their right mind thinks it's OK to have a customer on-call for 18 hours, and waiting 10 days, for a repair that is supposed to be covered under your warranty?

My account in #[protected]. I expect to hear something from you beyond "sorry",

reconnecting gas

I am single mom that asked to make 2 payments but was disconnected I am fine with paying bill amount but the extra charges of 65 is ridiculous and then im told 47 more on top of the 65 . Really 110$ to get my gas back on ? Were being taking atvantage of and its totally unfair but nothing can be done about which makes it even worse. When is something going to be done centerpoint and there treatment of us as human beings

very rude and incompetent customer service by centerpoint energy.

We have had the distinct misfortune of having to deal with CenterPoint energy for a service disruption issue...

employee tim jones and his associate

June 27, 2019 at 4pm. I walk into my kitchen half clad to find a man laying across the top of my fence and another one in my back yard. I threw clothes on and opened my backyard and politely relayed my surprise of having two men in my backyard and that they should have knocked as I have a large dog and Im half dressed. Tim Jones replied" don't worry we didn't see anything and kept working." I realize they have a job to do but making sure it is a safe environment should be a top priority. Seeing a car in the drive way should prompt employees to knock and let us know they are going to be back there. For the safety of my dog and peace of mind in my own home, its not to much to ask. I'm sure if it was his wife or mother he wouldn't have been so flippant. Covering himself with the "right to be here" with zero forethought of the customer and safety is unprofessional . When I called your company, the young female rep was completely unhelpful and kept me holding for a supervisor for over 30 minutes until I gave up. This isn't about a legality, its about curtesy and customer service.

gas bill

We are retirees and rely on a pension. We had a payment plan with Centerpoint till we got behind as a result of govt shutdown.
They rescinded our plan and are now holding a big amount over our heads and threaten to turn off service.
My husband is a Vet and our adult daughter is medically handicapped and lives with us.
Shame on them..we are trying to work it or but they are acting like jerks!

mike copeland enterprise inc., your company has our federal tax id [protected]

Service at locations [protected], [protected], [protected], under tax id [protected] Mike Copeland Enterprise Inc...

property trespassing and damage

I have a private property located at 10031 Veterans Memorial Dr/West Rd which was gated and fenced. The...

service issues

November 2017 neighbor complained they smelled gas and determined it was at my house. I complained probably...

electricity

My name is Anastasia Smith Yesterday at 335pm I made a payment towards my account to restore power, and as of...

electricity

This morning at 1:30am our electricity went out - The updates we were given did not add up and just...

centerpoint vehicle

Today Sep 4th, 2018 at 2015 Pinecreek Pass Lane, the attachment pictures shown. CenterPoint Tech Service sent...

customer service representative

I spoke with one of the customer service lady's named Tierra Lynn from Humble TX about connecting my...

fixed street light but damaged our sprinklers and ripped off the grass

I am [removed], a resident of [removed] in [removed]. A Centerpoint employee knocked on our door at around 8:00 AM on Tuesday, August 14, 2018. He asked for permission to access our back yard because some of the wires are there (so they can fix the streetlight # [removed]). The streetlight is located at the front of our house in Katy, TX. I had to leave after 30 minutes but they were done when I pulled out of the garage, their service truck was gone and I did not see anyone at the street where the street light is located. That afternoon, my neighbor came to our house and told us that our dog was roaming around the neighboorhood and rested on her front porch. So we found out that the Centerpoint staff did not close the latch of the fence door or he did not bother to close the fence door at all. What if our dog was not seen by our neighbor? Who will be liable if he went missing or died because somebody hit him? That same day, we saw that they ripped off the grass where the street light is located, did not bother to clean the mess, all muddy and just literally put the grass back without fixing it to somehow get back to its original state. Three days after, Friday, August 17, 2018, we discovered that there was a leak where they ripped off the grass. It was mushy when stepping on the spot, so we decided to look at it and to our disappointment, they broke the pipes and tried to hide it with the patch of grass on top!!! We demand an apology from your worker for being irresponsible to close the fence door and causing our dog to go out and an action to fix what you caused us. I allowed you to enter our property and this is what you did? Irresponsible workers and horrible experience.

electric/gas

My delivery charges for this service are almost as high as my usage and this makes no sense I'm gone a lot but these bills keep getting higher and higher this needs to be checked into this isn't fair market rating and this is happening to a lot of customers when times are already hard and why would a company do this to the people that help them make money

turning on my gas

On Monday July 16, 2018, an employee from centerPoint came to replace my meter and in order to to that he had...

need to pay gas bill for the last 4 months again as they re calibrated meter

I paid my gas bill on time for the month of December, January, February, March, April of 2018. These are the month where gas bill be higher than rest of the months. In May I was given bill of same 5 months together. When I called customer service, they said my meter got re calibrated. I said what was wrong, then customer service personal said meter was not working. I said how can you tell my meter not working. I requested to talk to her manager. When I talk to her manager, I was surprised. She said my meter was not working for long time but we will charge only for the last 5 months. I said if it was not working then how was I got billed every month and even after re calibrating meter, I am getting normal usage like before. The main thing is, if meter was not working as per their expectation, why it is still giving normal bill just like I used to for the months after that. And if meter needed to be fixed, why do I need to pay same bill for those 5 month again. It should be based on the usage for the same months using historical data. I am living in this house for last 8 years. Why to pay same bill twice thinking usage be double to the higher bill months.

power outage

I live in Spring and the power has been out for 4 hours and counting. This has happened more times than I can count. We moved here from out of state 4 years ago and never in my life have I experienced so many power outages. So now my family have to endure the summmer heat and try to sleep. Not to mention our 4th of July dinner was interrupted and some of my neighbors were celebrating with family and friends. Please fix the electricity. The problem is people do not have a choice with energy companies and have to deal with the incompentency and lack of urgency which is very unfortunate.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices