CenterPoint Energy Logo

CenterPoint Energy

Having problems with CenterPoint Energy?

CenterPoint Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 992 7552 (Arkansas)
+1 877 224 6735 (California)
+1 866 275 5252 (North Louisiana)
+1 800 477 0177 (South Louisiana)
+1 800 245 2377 (Minnesota, Residential)
+1 612 321 4939 (Minnesota, Commercial)
+1 800 371 5417 (Mississippi)
+1 877 807 5193 (Wyoming)
+1 866 275 5265 (Oklahoma)
+1 800 752 8036 (Texas, Houston Metro)
+1 800 376 9663 (Texas, Beaumont)
+1 800 259 5544 (Texas, East Texas)
+1 800 427 7142 (Texas, South Texas)
P.O. Box 4583
Houston, Texas
United States - 77210-4583
Minnesota, General Correspondence
CenterPoint Energy, 505 Nicollet Mall, P.O. Box 59038, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55459-0038

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CenterPoint Energy Customer Service. Initial CenterPoint Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CenterPoint Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CenterPoint Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with CenterPoint Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CenterPoint Energy Complaints & Reviews

Centerpoint EnergyElectricty

You need to start giving us/people notice before you cut power off again! Giving people the ability to be/get prepared would solve 90 percent of the problems that get caused by these incompetent power shut downs.

These temperatures over the next few days are temps we have dealt with forever. Someone is going to pay a huge price for the incompetent actions that have been taken over the past few days.

I in no way shape of form believe that if you can send me a message to conserve or that my power has been shut off that you can't warn me in advance when it will be shut down. How about exercising a little competence in advance rather than trying to make excuses after the fact?

Centerpoint EnergyPower

No timetable has been given to power outages. Power has been out for over 2 days with no sight of it being restored. I have called several times seeking answers and have received no responses and have had customer service hang up on me several times. The situation is very serious and people could die as a result of their lack of response. CenterPoint needs to address this issue or there will be blood on their hands.

Centerpoint EnergyRolling blackouts

We have experienced a 35 hour (so far) power blackout on 02/15 and 02/16 in sub-freezing temperatures. The rest of the state of Texas is experiencing rolling blackouts but ours never comes back on. There is no report of anything broken or needing repair. As far as we can tell the power company is just not including us in the power rationing. Furthermore no one answers when we try to call. The automated system basically says representatives are not available and then hangs up on us. It is freezing cold. This is inappropriate and unacceptable.

Centerpoint EnergyPower outages

This company and perhaps others have been supplying power services to the Sterling Pointe Apartments on Dunlap at in Houston th.

I want to make a formal complaint about the amount of power outages that happen to all the apartment sections as well as perhaps only one of the sections with the complex. I have and my daughter and her two little babies will sit sometimes over night waiting for the power to restore. We cannot get I touch with the service provider ever!!! And the map of the outage is non responsive. There is no information at all even with the staff at the office of. The apartments.

I am contacting you, because the power is out again at the apartments and she and the babies have had to sit in the car to stay warm. She and I are already going through the COVID pandemic and at the very least would like to have our power restored as soon as possible. If this was an every once in awhile situation, we could be understanding with some kind of information about the progress of being restored.

I would like for you to consider this as a formal complaint to look into the service of the provider of this complex and repair or make necessary changes to allow the residents there to have far less power outages. That still have to pay the charges to them.

Parent of a resident at Sterling Pointe Apartments
        If you have any questions or inform me when the power is going to be restored please contact me at +[protected].

Centerpoint EnergyDamage to drive way and electric gate. Piled up dirt and debris from excavation

Upon excavation, back hoe hit electric gate, broke track that gate rides on
          Cracked driveway which since damaged is starting crack to widening.
          Contact ; morgan hoffman, associate
          Nov 19, 2020
          Sent pictures of damages
          Dl & ps came out to assess damages and make reports
          Richard garcia
          Address of damaged property
          4105 kress st
          Houston, tx 77026
          [protected]@yahoo, com

Centerpoint EnergyFailing to complete contract obligations

Had solar energy systems installed by Solar Solutions of America in August 2020 at the following addresses: 12921 Kuykendahl, Houston, Tx, 23410 Snook rd, Tomball, Tx (2 systems one is active the other is not). 9521 FM 2920, Tomball, Tx.

All of the systems have been installed for some time now and were supposed to be activated "before Christmas" . Centerpoint is unresponsive and clearly doesn't care. Monopolies are bad for the economy and Centerpoint is abusing its monopoly privileges.

Oct 19, 2020

Centerpoint Energy — Home service plus

Just cancelled my Home Service Plus today (10/19/2020) after being a customer of that program since, at...

Oct 10, 2020

Centerpoint Energy — Service needed

New service needed at my property Center Point has no communication skills And obviously doesn't keep...

Nov 03, 2019

Centerpoint Energy — dishwasher leaking

We have had the worst nightmare experience with this Home Service Plus company. We were having problems with...

Centerpoint Energynatural gas utility company

Centerpoint has no mechanism for reading out the meter or disconnecting service on a specified day. It is a window, but if you have a shake-y closing date, you will be stuck with anywhere from 3 to 14 days of paying for your buyers gas usage. You could request discontinuation 2 weeks in advance of your closing date if you do not need the service to the house in that time, but it is the only way to be sure it is your bill and not your buyers. If you have been a multi-year customer they could adjust the bill, but they would rather tell you to stick it. Since there is no regulation and no competition, they can tell you anything they want.

Sep 24, 2019

Centerpoint Energy — non refundable money

I've been calling several times to get my money refunded to me . I have yet been able to get a truthful...

Centerpoint EnergyHome service plus

Contacted Home Service Plus on Friday 8/9/2019 for a washer repair. Was told the earliest appointment was Thursday 8/15/2019, with an appointment window of 8am to 5pm. Today, on the day of the scheduled service, I received a call at 4pm, saying that the appointment would need to be rescheduled, and the earliest avail was Monday, 8/19/2019, again with a 9-hour window for arrival.

I booked that appointment, because I need my appliance fixed.

However, I think your service is horrendous. Who in their right mind thinks it's OK to have a customer on-call for 18 hours, and waiting 10 days, for a repair that is supposed to be covered under your warranty?

My account in #[protected]. I expect to hear something from you beyond "sorry",

Centerpoint Energyreconnecting gas

I am single mom that asked to make 2 payments but was disconnected I am fine with paying bill amount but the extra charges of 65 is ridiculous and then im told 47 more on top of the 65 . Really 110$ to get my gas back on ? Were being taking atvantage of and its totally unfair but nothing can be done about which makes it even worse. When is something going to be done centerpoint and there treatment of us as human beings

Jul 20, 2019

Centerpoint Energy — very rude and incompetent customer service by centerpoint energy.

We have had the distinct misfortune of having to deal with CenterPoint energy for a service disruption issue...

Centerpoint Energyemployee tim jones and his associate

June 27, 2019 at 4pm. I walk into my kitchen half clad to find a man laying across the top of my fence and another one in my back yard. I threw clothes on and opened my backyard and politely relayed my surprise of having two men in my backyard and that they should have knocked as I have a large dog and Im half dressed. Tim Jones replied" don't worry we didn't see anything and kept working." I realize they have a job to do but making sure it is a safe environment should be a top priority. Seeing a car in the drive way should prompt employees to knock and let us know they are going to be back there. For the safety of my dog and peace of mind in my own home, its not to much to ask. I'm sure if it was his wife or mother he wouldn't have been so flippant. Covering himself with the "right to be here" with zero forethought of the customer and safety is unprofessional . When I called your company, the young female rep was completely unhelpful and kept me holding for a supervisor for over 30 minutes until I gave up. This isn't about a legality, its about curtesy and customer service.

Centerpoint Energygas bill

We are retirees and rely on a pension. We had a payment plan with Centerpoint till we got behind as a result of govt shutdown.
                      They rescinded our plan and are now holding a big amount over our heads and threaten to turn off service.
                      My husband is a Vet and our adult daughter is medically handicapped and lives with us.
                      Shame on them..we are trying to work it or but they are acting like jerks!

Feb 26, 2019

Centerpoint Energy — mike copeland enterprise inc., your company has our federal tax id [protected]

Service at locations [protected], [protected], [protected], under tax id [protected] Mike Copeland Enterprise Inc...

Jan 05, 2019

Centerpoint Energy — property trespassing and damage

I have a private property located at 10031 Veterans Memorial Dr/West Rd which was gated and fenced. The...

Centerpoint Energy — service issues

November 2017 neighbor complained they smelled gas and determined it was at my house. I complained probably...

Centerpoint Energy — electricity

My name is Anastasia Smith Yesterday at 335pm I made a payment towards my account to restore power, and as of...