Florida Power & Light [FPL] Logo

Florida Power & Light [FPL]

Having problems with Florida Power & Light [FPL]?

Florida Power & Light [FPL] Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 029100
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Florida Power & Light [FPL] Customer Service. Initial Florida Power & Light [FPL] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Florida Power & Light [FPL] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Florida Power & Light [FPL]. Discuss the issues you have had with Florida Power & Light [FPL] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Florida Power & Light [FPL] Complaints & Reviews

Florida Power & Light [FPL]customer service

I am unable to enroll in auto pay. My account was closed for unknown reasons. Their automated system does not allow me to find out why, reinstate my account, re-enroll in autopay or find out why my account has been terminated. It is impossible to speak to a representative to straighten this out. I'm very frustrated with their dead end system. I don't know if my power will be interrupted.

Florida Power & Light [FPL]someone came onto my property without permission

Today 2/21/2021 I saw a video of an FPL suv on my property. I do not know how he got on my property as I have two security gates and they were both closed. My husband went outside to look and he saw that the gate was damaged, the FPL driver broke onto my property and broke the gate so he can go onto the property. I am demanding that FPL come out and repair my gate.

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Electrical pole construction

Fpl placed a new electrical pole next to the old electrical pole without removing the old pole. Now I am forced to look at two poles instead of one. The construction unit of fpl is very sloppy see attached photo you can see wires disconnected and just poor craftsmanship. I have contacted florida power and lighting numerous times and nothing has been accomplished in regards to the removal of the old pole. The project started 2 years ago and I am very disappointed in the company.

Electrical pole construction

Florida Power & Light [FPL]ongoing project at our condo.

FPL crews have torn up the greenspace behind our condo
        four times over a six-week period. The service for the four units in our building is connected on our outside wall.
        Evidently they can't solve the problem. They have laid down a temporary power cable across 60-80 feet of lawn and also across our newly installed patio. This "hot"line is lying on open ground and our patio - has been for 6 weeks. The most recent crew trashed our patio and ground dirt into our pavers. The worst part is that we get NO response from FPL. We don't even know what the problem is or when they "plan" to fix it. This is totally not acceptable .

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Smart meter

Allegation of a discrepant meter ACD3403. A request for an on-site inspection was requested to resolve problem. First call to customer service 01-30-21, upon receipt of current bill. This date, a follow-up was made to supervisor Franco, who advised that no change could be effected. Moreover, an inspection could not be scheduled until 02-15-21. My account history will clearly show that within a span of 20 years, never before (repeat never) exceeded +1000 kWh, until the billing dated 01-25-21. A delay of two-weeks to inspect this equipment; in my opinion is not acceptable. In that, my account history will also reveal a monthly kWh usage at or about 400, within a 30 day period.

William J Powell, 113 Buckskin Ln., Ormond Beach, Fl 32174, [protected].

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Tilting Pole

The pole behind my house and my neighbor's house which runs the wires to our respective homes is tilting, therefore causing the wires to be very low. This is an obvious hazard. We are concerned for our safety, and that of our children, homes, trees etcl

We were told that if the wires are tightened any more, that the pole will tilt more, and that we need to have a guide wire to pull the pole back to the East.

In the past I have spoken to "Laz" who said that the ticket was referred to the service center, and that I should keep trying to contact FPL to follow up on the status.
            I have left messages and sent e-mails to Leonardo Estevez Campos, but have not yet received a response.

**I am available at [protected] or e-mail [protected]@gmail.com

Terry Chemtov

Florida Power & Light [FPL]FPL revenue protection

Hi.
              I am Marybeth, I submitted some photos of possible power pole hacking two years ago. It was very hard to prove at first. Then I received an email from a FPL contact thanking me and that FPL is definitely anxious to catch the FPL power pole hackers.

I've been trying to reach revenue protection to find out if they are still investigating it. No one is returning my call. Yet four helicopters were out survelliecing the power pole areas in Miramar and Davie soon after.
              Of course I am curious Please can someone let me know if they are investigating still. Why haven't I received a reward or discount as I do know the interaction of the helicopters found something.
              I believe the hacking is still going on. And there has been multiple times my Cel phone has been hacked since. Please have them call me.

Marybeth H
              [protected]

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Racing on roads by power lines

We live in Harbor Heights Florida, the new road you put in by the power lines has become a racing track for dirt bikes, motorcycles, cars, and a party hangout to Whidden Bay. We called sheriff, they can't do anything because it private property how do you plan to keep the kids out of there? The noise goes on all night . YOu have put road blocks in deep creek, why not here?

Dec 06, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Electric service

So FPL has shown me yesterday how crappy their customer service is and how they have a monopoly in an unfair...

Dec 06, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Home solar scam

FPL aggressively markets surge shield for $10.95 per month promising to protect all electronic gadget...

Nov 16, 2020

Florida Power And Light — Dug up fp&l line outside of easement.

We are having a pool installed and during the dig, the pool company dug up an FP&L line on 11/13 that wa...

Oct 30, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Disrespectful towards homes with families

I'm a single mother with a 2-year-old child (a daughter), I have already requested help from an agency...

Oct 08, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — WR# 9695818

We have submitted the proper forms to request service back in May 2020. I have been in contact with the FPL...

Oct 02, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — They don't give a deposit refund

I started the service at 1420 Pennsylvania Ave, apt 310, Miami Beach, FL 33139 on May, 2nd 2009, under the...

Sep 29, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Not able to cut off the power to permit repair work

It's from September 16th we are without power in Miami Beach, 851 Meridian Avenue is the exact...

Sep 24, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Egregious deposit for critical utility

I recently started my fpl account for my owned property. I have no previous history of non-payment with fpl...

Sep 14, 2020

Florida Power & Light [FPL] — Damage caused during power line installation

When FPL came to bury the power lines at the home I'm building in Ft. Myers, they left a huge mess and...

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Transformer pole

FPL pole is on my property and feeds 4 houses. We have frequent power outages that last for hours! I have called on two ocasiones and requested to put in a formal complaint because this is unacceptable! Today, 9/12/20, our power went out at 9:45am and got restored at 7:30 pm! FPL sent out a subcontracted crew at around 5:00 pm and the power was restored for all of 3 minutes! The PIke crew was literally down the street and we had already lost power again! The second crew Concurrent, just left at 7:30 pm, and so far we still have power. Keeping our fingers crossed. This is not the first or second time this happens, it happens often and FPL has done nothing to prevent it from continuing to occur. Not only did we have no power for over 9 hours, and everything melted in my freezer, but I work from home and lost a day of pay! Who do I call/talk to, to get this issue solved???

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Adding the Surge Protector

When you call them, there is no chance to speak with a human even if your option is not on the incredibly long list of options they would like you to choose instead. I want to add the option for the surge protection, but this is not mentioned. Just balance information and when my next reading will be. Absolute horrible customer service in every way. What a disgrace!

Florida Power & Light [FPL]Disconnect/reconnect services for emergency

I am an Electrical contractor. From time to time there is an emergency where power needs to be disconnect immediatly in order to prevent a fire. The proceedure for FPL is not sufficient for contractors. There is no dedicated phone number and on numberous ocasions the technitions refuse to reconnect service after the repairs have been made. Leaving consumers with disabilities and ailments without power. Many time I personally had to put them up in a hotel because it is not humaine to do to an asthmatic patient or small children or elderly. Just today FPL came out to disconnect power for us to do a repair and refused to come back to reconnect, the technition refused to tell me his name or his supervisors name. They did not show up until 4pm after 2 seperate tickets were entered in at 9:00am. Now they are telling us they will not reconnect after the 30 minute repair and they will charge us an additional fee after they took all day to disconnect for an emergency. There needs to be a better system in place for contractor and these types of emergencies.