The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
PNC Bankarbitrary closing of account

I entered the bank with cash for a deposit with the understanding I would be opening one of their "Foundation Accounts" for individuals who have had distressed financial situations. As I had recently completed a bankruptcy I figured this would be the case. After pounding on his computer terminal for a time, the Branch Manager informed me that he was "the MAN" and could get me a regular account. I asked specifically if, since the deposit was cash, I would be able to immediately access the funds as I had financial obligations coming up very shortly. I was told that I could. Upon going to the bank on Friday to get an official check to pay off the one loan I retained during the bankruptcy, I was told that PNC Bank had arbitrarily determined that they did not want to do business with me, closed the account, and sent me a check. This has effectively frozen my funds and is preventing me from paying off financial obligations that I have promised. When I called PNC Bank's home office I was told directly that it was company policy and any losses I incurred were just tough luck as they had the right to "change the game" any time they so choose. I find this attitude reprehensible and do not recommend them.

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.