PlayerAuctionsSale of account prompted account suspension before getting paid (actual nonsense reason cited by them)

M Jul 15, 2020

I get an email after successfully transferring account information to a buyer and awating the long, long payment verification and transfer process to complete. I'm just gonna paste the email I received. Hello (email),

Our Risk Management Team has detected that you have violated our policy against soliciting offsite trades. The content in violation of our policies can be found here:

Will do, left positive feedback for you, my number is (phone number, not even mine) if you have any questions... if you need gold on that rogue I recommend you watch Frostradamus video on how to farm DM East for herbs/chests, very good system.

While we encourage open communication among our members, we do not permit the posting of personal contact information (e.g. Skype, Discord, Steam, email, QQ, etc.) via onsite message or for-sale offers with the intention of discussing or moving a trade outside of PlayerAuctions.

As penalty for knowingly violating our policies, we have suspended your account.

If you wish to continue to trade on PlayerAuctions, reply to this email with an explanation of your actions, and an affirmation that you will not violate any of our policies again.

Sincerely,

Bob

PlayerAuctions Risk Management
And I will post the response I gave:
Hello, I am contacting you regarding the suspension of my account for providing information during the payment verification process. It appears there has been some confusion regarding your arbitrary
actions, let us look at the term cited:
There has clearly been a mistake made, Let's look again:
I had made this comment AFTER his payment was pending verification and, furthermore, made no allusion to any other sale offer whatsoever. Here, allow me to actually scrutinize the comment cited:
Will do, left positive feedback for you, my number is (phone number, again not even mine) if you have any questions... if you need gold on that rogue I recommend you watch Frostradamus video on how to farm DM East for herbs/chests, very good system.
So here is an altruistic reference to a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO that instructs people who play rogues on HOW TO GENERATE THEIR OWN GOLD. I DO NOT PERSONALLY STAND TO PROFIT FROM THIS COMMENT AND DID NOT IMPLY I SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR IT.
Let's see here... I asked he call me if he had any questions. Nowhere did I explicitly say "CONTACT ME SO WE CAN CONDUCT THIS TRADE NOT ON PLAYERAUCTIONS" and there would be no reason for me do so WHILE I was awaiting payment verification to get my money. So let's stratcch that one off. By the way, THAT IS NOT ACTUALLY MY PHONE NUMBER, HE COULDN'T CONTACT ME IF HE WANTED TO. Here, let's continue to be, what I assume, to be the actual offender because the previous part of the comment is simply beyond irrelevant (I literally didn't even supply my own contact info to discuss a trade that was, for all intents and purposes, already complete).
Will do, left positive feedback for you, my number is [protected] if you have any questions... if you need gold on that rogue I recommend you watch Frostradamus video on how to farm DM East for herbs/chests, very good system.
I did not imply that an alternative to using playerauctions should be pursued. Why would I propose a mutual waste of time during the anfractuous and time consuming payment process? I find it curiously coincidental that this action was taken while I am awaiting payment for the account I had successfully transferred and am actually suspicious that there may have been some degree of collusion afoot here. Also, why would you guys cheat yourself out of the commission over such a capricious, arbitrary, and blatantly fallacious action? Literally none of this makes any sense whatsoever unless I put together a puzzle bereft of any honor or decency on the website's behalf. I'd like to say this again: NOWHERE DID I SAY I AM INTERESTED IN CONDUCTING TRADE OUTSIDE OF
PLAYERAUCTIONS THAT WOULD NO MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO DO ONCE THE CUSTOMER AGREED TO PAY FOR THE ACCOUNT AND I WAS AWAITING PAYMENT. Gotta say this part again: IT WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO DO THAT.
IF and WHEN he did contact me at the number THAT IS NOT MINE, WE WOULD NOT HYPOTHETICALLY (actually didn't even happen, actually could not have been possible considering the phone number didn't belong to me) even be discussing the trade but details pertinent to the account which, for all intents and purposes, was already in his possession.

So, let's clarify why I am being penalized: no reason. I am actually apoplectic. If I got any of this wrong, then I would apologize and admit where I had made fault and swear to never do it again, but this is how it seems from my vantage point. A weird, unprofessional
and gross error in judgement. I implore you to personally look at what point during the transaction the contact information (which again wasn't actually my contact information, I think you can cross reference the phone number I provided in my account information and see they don't match) was provided. It was AFTER I HAD SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED ALL OF MY INFORMATION. I can guarantee that I would not repeat this purely fictitious and schizophrenic umbrage that someone went out of their way to attribute to me
for obviously malicious purposes. Again, I CAN ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE AND ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE REPEATED and please see above for a deconstruction of how preposterously criminal this is. Thank you.

This all happened while I was days away from getting the funds available for disbursement. The delivery was to the customer's satisfaction, I had and have no intention to somehow cheat him, only PlayerAuctions has cheated me. I basically gave away an account for free. PlayerAuctions, you need to resolve this!

RESOLVED

• PlayerAuctions's response · Jul 18, 2020

Hello Mr. Goodstuff,

Thank you for sharing your case and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

I understand that you may have had good intentions in sharing the video to assist the buyer with his game/farming, but unfortunately, the information is also a blind spot for PlayerAuctions as it may contain contact information. Users on the site who are largely familiar about this policy share information in the same way, "hey check out this YT video of the newest griding method" and in actuality, the contact information is in the description or About page of the YouTube account. It may have not been your intention entirely, but this is implemented as blanket policy.

Rest assured that there were no fines for the suspension and it was only tempoary, the next one will incur a penalty fee or possibly a permanent suspension. Please be very careful about sharing information since PlayerAuctions is very strict about this.

I apologize for the concern this has caused you.

Best regards,