Planet Fitnessmembership renewal fee

I had tried to call and cancel my membership in April, but was told that I could not cancel it until May 18th. I went to cancel the membership on May 31st. I had to go "in person" to cancel. This is why it took me to May 31st to cancel - as I have a very hectic schedule at work and travel. When I signed the form to cancel the woman at the counter told me that I missed the deadline and that I would be billed $39.99 for next year's renewal fee. She said she didn't have the ability to waive the fee and offered the option to call the store manager on June 1st (Monday). I just got off the phone with the manager who told me that I need to read my contract because it states that I needed to cancel by May 25 in order to avoid being billed. I told him of course I thought any sane person with an ounce of integrity would waive that fee because it is wrong. He offered to have the district manager call me. He would not give me her number - but would relay the message to her. Nice customer service there. While I have no complaints about the gym itself. I do feel that these are very shady business tactics. Who keeps their gym contract on hand to refer to. And if I had been allowed to cancel over the phone this whole issue could have been avoided. The whole thing is ridiculous. I would advise you all to keep in mind what happened to me when your contract end date comes close so you can avoid the hasssle and loosing money for nothing.

• Ad
    Adi767 Oct 06, 2009

Planet fitness - means loose yor money, join and get started, they will ripp you off, bloddy suckers