Menu

complaints

PetSmart Complaints Summary

96 Resolved
538 Unresolved
Our verdict: With PetSmart's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for PetSmart has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PetSmart. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

PetSmart complaints 634

Sort by:

Newest PetSmart complaints

C
10:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently took my 6.5 pound yorkie to the Petsmart grooming in Lutherville Md. to get a haircut/grooming. I received a call from the Manager at this location stating that they were unable to complete the grooming because my yorkie kept licking the groomer and trying to lick the clippers. The reason I'm upset is because I paid 30.00 for a bath and a nail...

P
7:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We made an appointment to get our two dogs name Coco & Yuki a hair cut Coco's hair cut went fine but Yuki a malteese had a incomplete hair cut half of his body and legs were cut but the other half was left alone long. The groomers came back to me with Yuki and said we can't continue his hair cut because we THINK yuki has ringworms . I ask the groomerrs if...

12:40 pm EDT

PetSmart beta & cats

I went into this store excited to see the cats & find a new Beta. The cats/kittens seemed sedated, touching their paws or calling to them did nothing. I own 2 cats & know that touching paws gets a reaction.
As for the beta, I was so upset & disgusted by what I seen that I should've taken pictures. We seen 5 dead, 4 laying on their sides on the bottom, & 3 floating on their sides on the top. I was angry to say the least but voicing my opinion there would not have went well.
Not that this will do much or affect your company but without people your company goes to [censored], the more people that know, your customers will slow.

C
8:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

2 days ago, at 7pm on a Friday night, I walked into this PetSmart not thinking much about finding a kitten to call my own. 3 weeks ago I lost my one tuxedo to renal failure, leaving her sister all alone and my folks and I devastated. We went in search of a friend for her sister this past Friday, looking at the Hearts Alive shelter for kittens...but we...

T
3:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PetSmart grooming: bath, furminator treatment, nail trim.

Our Shiba has been to PetSmart twice for grooming- both times she has ended up in the vet for skin infections! We thought the first time surely couldn't be related to PetSmart and we thought it was something in the change from our move or possibly from a trip to the beach. Well, we just went for the second time- she came home smelling unclean and began chewing and scratching. We put a cone on her and gave her an oatmeal bath- nothing helped. She now has several bald, raw, and inflamed areas and is on steroids and an antibiotic. She hasn't been anywhere except home and PetSmart and it's THE SAME skin infection and issues she had immediately after the last grooming they did. The vet said possibly the groomers rushed, trimmed too closely, knicked her, or used dirty tools- or a combination of those issues. Over $100 to PetSmart between the 2 trips, and over $700 to the vet to repair what PetSmart has done. NEVER take your furbabies there- now I know to do my research- the reviews are so disturbing!

Also, if you work at PetSmart and respond on here complaining about customers and crazy dogs, you're in the wrong job. Your entire career is focused on pleasing customers and caring for their furbabies. My dog has never bit anyone or even tried. She loves people and doesn't even bark. I took her to PetSmart for the convenience due to our large family's schedules with work, school and activities. Hard to trust people who have one job and can't do it correctly; your one job, PetSmart, was to clean, trim/remove shedding hair and trim my dog's nails which should be harmless and always was prior to using PetSmart grooming.

T
8:42 pm EDT

PetSmart horrible customer service

Customer service for online deliveries is the absolute worse! I placed an order and selected for it to be delivered next day. I got an email saying delivery was on the way through a third party company called "Deliv" and another email saying the order was delivered. I got home and there was not a package at the door. I call the customer service number and they tell me I have to call the store where the order came from. At the time I placed the order it did not say my order was coming from a store way out Greenbelt let alone it didn't list any store. I get the number and call the store and they say I have to call customer service because they don't deliver orders from here. I call customer service back and they tell me that I need to call deliv because they can't give me a refund over the phone. I stead of them taking the initiative to own the order from beginning to end, I had to act like I was customer service for Petsmart. Will never place an online order again and this has turned me off from giving them business period.

5:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I came into your store today to purchase dog food and dog treats. When I walked in the two cashiers gossiping in the front about an expensive food purchase a customer had made barely looked up. At no point during my brief visit did anybody offer any help finding anything or even at the register ask if I found everything okay today. I did I'm fact find...

M
1:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Angel james is a liar. Her twitter account claims she's inspired by the associates. Lies, lies, all lies. See photo attached. She allowed associates and department managers their jobs as far back as september 2017 by a store manager and assistant store manager. Bullying in the work place is illegal and she did nothing but laugh it off. Shes as bad or worse for doing nothing. Nothing!!!

Read full review of PetSmart and 1 comment
1:59 am EDT

PetSmart bullied workers

We need your help by signing a petition and sticking it to PetSmart for allowing bullying in the work place and costing jobs/careers. Please share the link below with everyone you know. Let's put an end to this illegal activity and it doesnt cost you a cent.
Copy and paste link into your search bar to take you to the petition.

Update by Jose b. Nunez
Sep 28, 2019 1:55 am EDT

We need your help and support for about a dozen or so workers that lost their jobs/careers due to bullying. A petition needs signatures to help those that lost their livelihoods. Please copy the link below and paste it into your search bar to be directed to the petition. It doesnt cost you to sign nor any personal data is shared. Thank you for the support and help. Please share the link to friends, family and neighbors to put an end to this illegal activity.

12:05 pm EDT

PetSmart employees

I went in after just adopting a dog. I was given a coupon for a bag of dog food. I waited for two days and my dog would not eat it. I was told that i could bring it back and exchange it if it did not work. They also had supplemented a couple of brands with my initial purchase. Keep in mind i am on my third adoption and spend a lot of money with Petsmart for the past 10 years. NEVER in all of my life have i experienced what I did this morning in your tampa citrus park mall location. I was embarassed, lied to and treated like garbage.

Nick was the associate that helped me two days prior and he told me that he could give me the credit for the bag off of a new bag of food of my choosing. I was satisfied with this. Danielle the manager was standing there and said sorry...I can't take the food back or give you a credit. Someone behind me heard the whole story and Nick pulled them to another close register. Danielle offered nothing to help me and walked off. While i stood there in disbelief that they were going to nickel and dime me over SIX DOLLARS was unbelievable with all of the money and trust that I had with this store. I used Banfield, groomers everything! For so long. Nick proceeded to talk to the customer behind me while checking her out "some people" I asked for Danielle to come back to ask why she would be willing to loose a loyal customer after 10 years over six dollars and i waited 15 minutes and she did not come back. I then went back to find her to get her corporate office number and store number and she proceeded to discuss this WHILE HELPING SOMEONE ELSE. I stopped her in her tracks and said this is inappropriate that I did not want to talk about my stuff around someone else. I walked off. I went back to the front and told Nick that I did not appreciate how he told me that it would be ok to get a credit and that she said no and that he should have not been talking about me to another customer. I looked and nick and said even if you gave me THIS bag of IAMES free, i would never come back. I will tell everyone how i was treated. You have LOST my business.

A
3:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yesterday, Friday September 20, 2019, I went into Petsmart to purchase the Breeze Pellets and Cat Pads. They were advertised (signs under BOTH products) as Buy 2 get 1 free. I grabbed two packages of cat pads and 1 package of pellets. I took them up to the front and they told me that I had to buy 2 of the SAME product to get the SAME product for free. Never...

6:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 9/16/19, in Abilene Texas, I purchased items totaling $49.13. I paid by check, but because the computer suddenly stopped working the transaction had to be started over on another register. Once everything was rescanned, the clerk tried to run the check again but it was considered "duplicate" and wouldn't take it. The manager said I needed to "give her...

K
10:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought this guinea pig from PetSmart two weeks ago. I brought her back after few days bc I noticed the spot on her head (three first photos) . They claimed that they took her to see vet and she is ok 😳 I got her back (last two pictures ) and clearly she is not ok. I told them that I wanted to see the paper work what they got from vet. They told me that...

11:43 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I brought my dog in for a bath and shampoo. She was examined and accepted. Her "coat" was pure tan. The day after I picked her up I saw widespread white blotches all over her body and she started to rub herself against outside coarse stucco. My Vet in his report said it was the shampoo. Petsmart claims it was a pre existing condition and won't pay to take her to a dog dermatologist and give her bloodwork. Pathetic!!

7:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been taking my dog to PetSmart for grooming (only Bath & Hair cut) ever since he was a puppy. He's name is Pepper, now 11 yo, Black Pomeranian diagnosed with heart mur mur that he takes medications & have been managed very well with no symptoms. Fast forwarding to Today's incident, we showed up for a grooming appt as we always have done, but for thi...

A
7:34 pm EDT

PetSmart groomer

Port Coquitlam grooming service ; I'm disgusted by this place ! I will never take my dog to this location . We were today to drop off our dog for grooming and while we were waiting one of the associate just start with cutting this cute dog then for some reason open his mouth not to bite just understand them that he's pain probably they cut the skin or something then this lady start yelling at the dog and used f word ! I just don't trust them anymore I used to take my dog all the time but never again I'll step foot there and make sure everyone knows ! This is animal abuse !

E
12:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pet Smart discriminates against in hiring older workers. I applied for a part-time job, and was turned down. After hunting the manager to confirm my interview, and to follow up with me. As I still go into the store in Skokie, Illinois, a large poster is still on display with alot of jobs posted. I have all the creditentials, but was told there was no job...

4:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As I came in this facility a few days ago (today's date 8/23/19) one of the employees (green died hair) was handling a baby chameleon. She had the Chameleon out of its cage and was peeling the dead skin off the baby. As the baby chamelon was squeeling she continued to do so. You are not even supposed to touch a Chameleon when they shed, you are supoposed to...

D
5:33 pm EDT

PetSmart grooming

Pet Smart has been my go to grooming salon for the 11-12 years I've had my Babygirl. Sunday 8-18 I made an appointment to have her a bath and cut. She is a small dog little yorkie / CHU mix. One thing I did notice they have her down as a jack russell terrrier and that she is not so when a special was going she did not qualify and I had said she wasn't a jack Russell and I wasn't sure how that got in there. Baby was adopted back in 2008 no where did it say jack Russell, anyways into what happened at my appointment. When I brought her in Sunday she was 30 minutes early they took here in, they said it would be 3 hours to complete her grooming. In more than the 12 years I was never told 3 hours and that they stack appointments to each groomer. Baby always took on or about 1.5 to 2 hrs never 3. The girls were rude. The groomer never ever came out when I picked her up to let me know how she did. Her tail looked crazy weird shaved and her right DIRTY! I ended up paying 51.00 plus tax whic I don't know what I was charged for because I asked for the receipt to be emailed to me and I didn't get it. I usually paid 35-40 for her grooming not 51.00. I had called another area Pet Smart to see if I could get an appointment for a cut because I just did not feel well as I have health issues. That also was shocking I was talked over and again talked to rudely as if my concerns were not heard. At this I'm looking for another groomer because I think Pet Smart has many issues that need to be addressed. My babygirl is my life and I want her experience to be a great relaxing one not full of anxiety.

Y
4:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been getting nothing but bad service at this location since June 2019. I have schedule 3 grooming appointment's in the past 2 months and all of them have been cancel for being under staff. So I finally asked to speak to the manager Matt. He apologize for the inconveniences, and offer me a discount for my next appointment. I went in today only to be...

Overview of PetSmart customer experience

Petsmart has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from customers lately. Many have complained about the poor quality of their products, with some even reporting that their pets have become sick after using them. Others have expressed frustration with the company's customer service, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, some customers have reported issues with Petsmart's online ordering system, including delayed shipments and incorrect orders. Overall, it seems that Petsmart has a lot of work to do in order to improve their products and services and regain the trust of their customers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

PetSmart contacts