Having problems with Chewy?

Chewy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 30, 2010. The latest review Box of 40 cans of Friskies pate cat food. was posted on Mar 31, 2021. Chewy has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 53 reviews. Chewy has resolved 0 complaints.

Chewy Customer Service Contacts

Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

Chewy Complaints & Reviews

ChewyBox of 40 cans of Friskies pate cat food.

I ordered this product and amazingly it was received the following day. Unfortunately, it arrived damaged. Two of the cans were broken open and it had spread all over the entire box. Maggots were present and it was gross. I had to wash all the cans as the smell was horrible. When I called I was told that Chewy would refund me $5. I do not feel this is sufficient. No apology received.

ChewyVetsulin

I ordered vetsulin for my diabetic dog on Thursday on Saturday I received dog food I did not order I called chewy they said I needed to call the vet I called the vet I called again today I was told" it should " ship within 24-48 hours explaining I was running out of vetsulin she did not care
    If something happens to my dog because he didn't get his medicine your gonna gave a law suit in your hands I am filing a complaint with the bbb

Feb 28, 2021

Chewy — Wrongful termination

I work for chewy and the jessup plant avp two they fired me because I missed a couple of days because I wa...

Archbald

ChewyCat food

Driver left box in driveway not on deck! Box was mangled and taped everywhere trying to fix it I suppose but the bag of cat food was ripped and all over the box the can cat food is all dented!!! I have this service for a reason so I expect my orders to be packed rt and left where the instructions say to leave them. I spend quit a bit I'm very upset and I am not satisfied with this delivery service

Cat food

ChewyPet botanics "training reward" is not up to the chewy standard. Ordered from chewy.com

In my last order to Chewy I tried Pet Botanics, Training Reward. They are the worst item I have ever purchased from you. I have now tried the product on four different dogs. Not one dog would touch the stuff. After several attempts to give my dog the reward treat he was so polite he took it in his mouth - walked about three feet away and spit it out.

All the items I have purchased up to now have been worth the money. I've been very happy with Chewy. However, something's wrong with this stuff. I recommend (if you care enough) someone check this item out and see what kind of garbage it's made from.

• Updated by Dan Cadwell · Feb 26, 2021

Ordered by Dan Cadwell ([email protected])
            product: Pet Botanics Training Reward
            Chewy.com order #[protected]

ChewyCensorship/cancel conservative vendors

Due to your recent political agenda to cancel Mike Lindell, myself as well as family members and many friends have canceled their accounts. Not sure what would prompt Chewy to get involved in censorship or this cancel culture agenda? But now our goal is to cancel you! There seems to be a very disturbing disease spreading through out Corporations to silence people and try to damage their companies. Not sure if you considered those of us who believe in a free market have a choice to shop somewhere else. Pretty sure it won't take long for another company to offer the same service and we can watch your business lose more business or even be totally canceled shut down. Companies like your should really stand up for America/Americans and free speech as well as free market, yet you bow to whoever controls you. This will prove to be a problem for many companies since millions of Americans will chose other options for their goods and services.

ChewyOrder canceled

I canceled a order over a year ago and year later getting debit emails that debit is declined. Contacted the useless customer service which stated they had corrected the problem. I was never fixed as four days later continues debit declines. Contacted executive team with no response.

I contacted email the executive team hoping they would resolve the issue. However, the same response from executive team "nothing". Sadly it reflects badly on that a company is making millions over pet lovers who think they are dealing with a good moral ethical company.
            As my personal experience I think not.

ChewyAccount Frozen

I have sent numerous emails about why my account was essentially frozen and all chewy.com can say is that because you agreed to part ways, well I never agreed to part ways. They banned me from buying on chewy.com because I have OCD and expected my packages to be properly packed and protected which makes sense to me as I really don't want my orders damaged. I even called them and tried to settle it but they don't even acknowledge that they have frozen my account.

ChewyScheduled autoshipment

My phone number is [protected]. My name is Galina Gokun and email address is [protected]@gmail.com. On Wednesday December 23rd, 2020 I scheduled an autoshipment for Friday December 25th, 2020. I surprised to receive an email several minutes later that my card declined for my order made on the 23rd. Chewy used an old card I deleted that ended with 6999. Why was my future scheduled autoshipment processed immediately? So I cancelled everything and did it again. I logged out completely and signed back into my account 5-10 minutes later to make sure my future autoshipment was correct and scheduled for Friday. It was. However, at 1:18 AM this morning I received an email that my order was processed on the 24th (Thursday). I called customer service for an explanation and they couldn't give me one. They said maybe there was a glitch in the system. This is unsettling. I'm not worried about the money but more about having control over my own shipments. In addition, my old card information was no where on the account today. I have changed my password but this doesn't seem like a great privacy fix. Being a customer with Chewy.com for years now, I have been mostly satisfied by the company. I'm just concerned about the security of the website now.

ChewyHorrific

Double charged $556.00 and turned around after shipping the items and requested they be returned back to them after charging me twice. They took one order and split it up in 6 shipments and after charging me twice for them sent back 4 of the 6 shipments. I have never seen such craziness in my life over cat and dog food. Don't use this company please for your own sake. They were great for a while but they have really messed up over and over and people CANNOT afford to have them charging twice and waiting for a refund. Even my credit card carrier said they had never seen that. One full charge of $292 and six separate charges and 1/4 of what I was supposed to receive

Dec 01, 2020

Chewy — Prescription refill

I have had problems getting my dogs scripts refilled before so last week I had received part of my order but...

ChewyCustomer service

I ordered for the first time my dogs medication. I was asked for the phone number to the Veterinarian and I gave both phone number and fax number. I waited several days and heard nothing so I called and could not find my account they have the wrong number for me funny you created the account and it's wrong. So then I called my Veterinarian and they said no one from Chewy had contacted them so I gave your number and they called you. So I called 9/8 talked with a representative and they said maybe Friday if I'm lucky and I asked for a Supervisor to call me gave the correct phone and asked to please update the number guess what no call. So today on my way to work called and got the rudest representative there was. He hung up on me and yes I'm frustrated see no prescription yet for my dog. Lest to say first and last time I use Chewy poor service all the way around. I would not send my worst enemy to you that's how bad your service is.

Aug 18, 2020

Chewy — My paid account!

19 months ago us war dogs paid for a year of Ziwi Vension dog food in 5.5 lb bag on autoship I didnt get...

ChewyCoronaVirus in KY

My is more of a concern than a complaint. I just received my dogs medication, a small pill bottle that came in such a big box. This pill bottle could have easily been packed in a bubble envelope. This way of packaging (big box) is a waste of money for the company and for the environment . The good thing is that I recycle but I think that Chewy should re organized the way they package items.

Thanks,
                      Alex

May 05, 2020

Chewy — Overall customer service

I have been a good customer for about a year but I am done. Today I requested my order be canceled and my...

Apr 23, 2020

Chewy — Delivery

To whom it may concern My order was delivered and put in front of my garage door and I did not see it and...

ChewyDelivery of cat food

Tracking number [protected]. Label says "back door". Came to front door. 29 pound of cat food. Have a sign on front says deliver package to rear door. Just added another I am recovering from surgery 9 pounds only lift. Expecting 42 pounds of litter. If it comes to front door I am not ordering from you any more. Spoke to fed ex and let them know the did not deliver correctly. This is the second time this has happened. I am 82 years old and should not have ‘‘tis happen. Please make sure the litter come to the back door. Mary ella moeller (my order was for over $70.00). 161 newtown lane, east hampton, ny [protected]. Phone. [protected]

Apr 11, 2020

Chewy — Dented cans

Ordered 24 cans of dog food. 11 cans received dented. Had this problem before with autoship which I...

Apr 10, 2020

Chewy — order #[protected]-1 received today, april 10, 2020 damaged goods

I have a 5lb bag of Kaytee Cockatiel food loose in the shipping carton and all over my floor. Bag was OPEN at...

ChewyAuto ship cancellation due 4/1/20

I was assured by Chewy.com via email several times that auto ship customers would have their items during the pandemic because they pull them. Well let me tell you that is a big fat lie. Do not do business with this company. I am through with them and will tell anyone who will listen never to buy anything from them. True colors come out in times of need.

• Jm
                              JML20 May 06, 2020

They DO continue to deliver but just a lot slower, between 8-10 days...