Petsmart Groomingnot satisfied with their services!

D

Never take your pet at Petsmart grooming. I took my cat there for a full grooming services and they didn't wash it. They brush it a little and cut his claws and charge me full price. I call the manager and and they said that there are sorry that i was not satisfied with their services... What services if they didn't wash him??? Check your pet before you leave the grooming just to make sure they did the full service... I will definitely not take my care there anymore and i will never recommend it to anyone...

• Ne
    Never-again! Oct 12, 2019

I booked an appointment with one of the male groomers. They refused services for my second dog because she didn't want their leash on her. I have never heard of this foolishness before. All the other places I take my girls to never have this problem, leash or not. If this is how petsmart is I will never be customer again. Just waist of my time!

• Kr
    KristiStakes Aug 27, 2019

I was just at the Galveston Petsmart and I got two 50 count tubs of wax worms and what was supposed to be a 4 count of horn worms. In one 50 count of wax worms there were ONLY 13 worms! And in the other 20 were dead! I'm extremely unsatisfied! To top it all off in the horn worms (4count) there were two. One being littler than a wax worm!

PetSmartisgreedy Apr 01, 2019

Pet Smart refused to make an appointment during their busy time for our dog because per their notes, he is excitable. A lot of care for the money and little care for the animal. I will never go to Pet Smart again for anything. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

Jose N. Oct 23, 2018

September 2017 a crime took place. Employees and managers of the store lost their jobs and we want your help. We seek resolutions for those poor employees. Please help those involved. Thank you.

• Ka
    Karla Kotara Oct 21, 2018

Went and shopped for dogfood today 4pm Amarillo. The worst service ever. Cashier was unfriendly and not helpful at all. She called a manager over and he wasn't any better. So disappointed with the lack of customer service. Pitiful

No one was eager to help me. No thank yous or may I help you.

• Mo
    Monica De Leon Sep 02, 2018

Manager Madison and employee Bernadette refused to sell me a African side neck turtle today at the store 0209 in San Antonio TX. It was a surprise gift for my father, and I couldn't surprise him today because of the rude and unprofessional employees at the store 0209.
    6055 La Cima, San Antonio, TX 78229
    [protected]

Angelkimball Sep 01, 2018

I bought a toy for my chihuahua January 20 and January 21 it already had a hole in it. These toys are not cheap and I don't have a pet smart that is less than an hour away.

• Ta
    taelver Aug 21, 2018

my very polite, well behaved German Shepherd in for a simple nail trim; the 'groomer' had him strung up by the neck so far his pads were barely touching the table. His eyes buldged, he couldn't breath, his tongue hung out, & lips were turning blue. They REFUSED to let him down! I took him down myself - filed a complaint & never heard back.

• Do
    Douglas Martinez Aug 20, 2018

why are the prices of certain items cheaper if I order on line to pick up at the store, then if I go into your store to shop there and purchase my items in store. this is not fair, at least other sites offer one price, you up my charge if I go into your store to shop.

• Ha
    HarleighB27 Aug 20, 2018

Worst service ever!!! y'all are pieces of [censored] for not excepting pit bulls. you never know one until you have one! myself, along with lots of others will never shop there ever again!!! and I will complain everyday if I have to to get that changed!! you should be ashamed!!!

• Le
    Lency Aug 20, 2018

I went there regarding pet plants. The service representative didn't kn9w nothing as she suppose to be working in that area and the other workers had an very nasty attitude. They was all at the registers just laughing and playing. I will never step foot in that unprofessional place again.

• De
    Desiree Sanders Aug 15, 2018

Becca was rude, following us around for no reason, harassed my friends that was talking my [censored] tzu to the car after being groomed. She actually took a pic of my license plate... Why? I have no clue. i called to complain after seeing my dog was bleeding around the nail area and she answered cont no calling me a [censored]! I'm was in disbelief

• Un
    Unemployed in nj Aug 15, 2018

Moorestown, NJ employees and managers were bullied out of their jobs recently thanks to a store manager put in place. It all started in September 2017 until recent. They want their jobs back now that the store manager that did the bullying is gone.

• Al
    Alesa Pauline Aug 15, 2018

Please read the pics Thier is where my complaint it thank you

• St
    Steve Austin 100 Aug 15, 2018

Employees bullied out of jobs and nothing is being done as of yet. Why?? Angel James we await answers. Corporate we await answers.

• Ke
    Kenneth J Aug 15, 2018

I will be filing a law suit with my attorney. You need to call me asap
    Kenneth J [protected]

Jose Nunez Aug 14, 2018

For those effected (unemployed) by a bully store manager in Moorestown NJ there's a new movie coming out regarding your story. Please see photo enclosed for details.

Anonymousjqn Aug 14, 2018

We now have a face of one of the perps that caused all of those Moorestown, NJ petsmart workers to be unemployed. We now have a photo of Angel James the district store manager that transferred L'erin Gaines from one store to the other that caused mayhem in Moorestown.

Angel James Aug 14, 2018

Horrific place to work if you hate being bullied. If you enjoy being bullied then work there.

Anonymous Help Aug 14, 2018

Dont bully us.

• Rb
    rbryce Jul 09, 2018

Called operation to get pricing and was told $47.00 for grooming my Miniature Poodle. another $5.00 to have nails ground instead of clipped. Made an appointment for the following Sunday, as they had an opening. They did not explain to me that there was an additional charge for Sunday. When I arrived they put the order together and it was $72.00. Will never go there again, as they are not up front with their pricing. I wonder about the Charge for grinding nails as they looked to have been clipped. Grooming was adequate, but nothing sensational for the excessive charges.

• Kb
    K Brodin Apr 16, 2018

I would not recommend using Petsmart Grooming for any of your dogs. I have been going there for several years. I had been have my senior dogs groomed utilizing the express grooming as they grew older. One of my two dogs is gone now...and I was still grooming the other. Her health had changed over a year ago...but nothing new recently. This past March after getting Kimmi groomed I was told they would not groom her anymore due to health issues. I watched during the last half hour of the hour grooming and was happy with how well I thought Kimmi was doing with the groomer. When she was done that is when I was informed that they were going to start following policies due to a new manager and I could not bring Kimmi there anymore. I asked about using a waiver due to her age and I was told no they could not do that. Funny since they don't hesitate to have you sign for other waivers. The grooming manager was very arrogant when I spoke with her. She told me Kimmi did not qualify for grooming because of a weakness in her legs. Once again I say that is funny...she looked fine when I was watching her. What a bummer to leave me in a position now to find someone new. Kimmi was used to Raul grooming her...and now at her age she will need to get used to someone new. I tried contacting the home office. I spoke with someone and was told I would get a call back with 24 to 48 hrs. I have never rec'd a call back. Very bad customer service to say the least!!

Peppie Aug 01, 2016

I was a past customer of Pet Smart and when I went there they offered an insurance type policy for pets so when they get treated it should help with the cost of treatment. But there is one flaw, if the pet is not an ill one that needs medical treatment all the time then the insurance is not for you. Now, I did get this insurance and did not read the fine print. Now I do not have the dogs but when I calld them to stop the insurance I was told I could not. I had to pay the whole thing even though the dogs are not being treated any more. I recently started to get numerous calls in the house I reside in and the homeowner is a person ho can not tolerate harassing phone calls. I want them to stop or I will seek legal actions against I C Systems for the calls. I am listed in a do not all list.

• Ep
    ep hart Aug 01, 2016

Only comment I found.
    I get survey forms and when I try to get the verification code, never will open to right page.
    What's the deal with that?

• Ha
    hautegoddess Aug 01, 2016

3 hours is not unreasonable for a haircut for a dog. a person, yes. people don't get their full bodies washed and their anal glands expressed when they go for a haircut. drying every square inch of a dog takes time. I personally dislike petsmart because I used to work there and they are all gossips. the other groomers I worked with did cut dogs wayy too much yes because they were in a hurry (perhaps they had been getting "is my dog ready yet" "how bout now?" "it's been five minutes why isn't my dog ready?!" phone calls from the owner every ten minutes). I would have not cut your dog because I take my time and am careful. sorry about your dog's experience. I am not defending the cuts, just the amount of time it takes to fully groom and bathe a hairy dog, as a groomer. I am taking time to educate pet owners about the expectations of a grooming experience. hope I helped. god bless you.

• Bl
    blondy101 Aug 01, 2016

I was scamed lol and the dumb # admited it to me in a email click above for more
    Info on this user

Alert support team
    If you think that this message is inappropriate or that this member is behaving suspiciously, please click above to alert the support team
    posted: jan 19 2010, 02:58

You know what, you are really pissing me off and this is the first and the last warning. I want you to stop emailing me and I want you to forget about me and my business. mind your own business. if you ever post any scam alert on my ads or on me again, I will see to it that you be known as a scammer too. I have a lot of info about you, but you have nothing about me except for the fake names. well, I can post all your info I have (house address, phone numbers, names and email addresses) on the scam alert and there is nothing you can or will do about that. if you want to dear me, keep punking your big mouth into my business.

Believe it or not, you got scammed and there is nothing you or any other person can do about it. there will be no court case or police looking for me because it did not force any money out of your pucket.. you were just too stupid to realize the fake stories and pictures and number and website and email addresses. no do and no money for you. haha,

This is your last warning. I will not warn you again.

Hey, did I forget to tell you that you suck!

How much money did I take from you for you to keep disturbing me.

If you have the gods, then try me. you will all your information posted on different sites as a scam. you can do anything about that and it will remain that way. I also have a picture of you if you don't know. I will include that on the scam alert.

Ask for my own information, you can do anything because all the info you have of my or any company is fake. an I can change that anytime I like. the email addresses are free and can be created at any time.

• Ca
    cary aronson Aug 01, 2016

i brought my german shepard in for a bath and lite grooming of hair. when i came to pick my dog up i told them my dogs ears smelled and only the back of the dog smelled clean. i was told that they were sorry and i can bering back anther time for a free bath which i did. i was made because of the mistake to travel back to the store and spend extra money when the job should have been done correct the first time. i will never go back to let them touch any one of my pets

• Va
    vanessa Aug 01, 2016

I took my dog to be groomed at the new petsmart in henderson. it took 3 hours! I went to get him and he ran to the door like he needed to get out of there. when I got him home I seen "blood" he hade 3 cuts on him"why" his face wasn't cut at all. also I payed for his nails to be grinded down 3 of his nails were done!! I will never shop there. thanks valerie, you lost us.

• Fa
    FATMAN WALKING Aug 01, 2016

Never ever work for this company...They promote kids to be managers..And when kids get power they like to fire people if they don't like you...If this is what our country has to offer as far as jobs go I don't want one...

• Er
    Erieside Aug 01, 2016

I was purchasing $114 worth of pet supplies but apparently only had $90.60 in my account. The transaction was DECLINEDbut three days later it is still pending on my card in spite of the fact that I have NO merchandise and inspite of repeated unanswered calls to their recordings in Phoenix, AZ. The people at the store keep blaming it on my bank and the bank keeps telling me "you're kidding, right? "

• Bg
    Bgib Jun 08, 2016

I have been taking my dogs to Petsmart in Leesburg, FL for quite some time for baths and nail cutting and grinding. A few weeks ago I picked my two dogs up after their bath and they smelled awful. My male started digging and scratching his ears so I started giving him ear washes and antibiotics. It didn't help so he went to the vet. Bad ear infection. It started immediately after his bath. They both smelled like they were washed in mop water. Last bath for them at Petsmart.

• Su
    Susie B and Larry B Apr 25, 2016

We have had nothing but praise for our groomer at Petsmart in Lewisville, Texas. I don't want to give you her name because it is so hard to get into to see her now! We request her every time. She is booked way in advance, but we are patient because our little schnauzers are worth it. I have taken them to other Petsmarts and have not been as satisfied, so it really depends on which location you take them to and who the groomer is. Now, Banfield is another story!! They nearly killed 2 of my dogs and I will never, never take my pets to Banfield inside Petsmart.

• Re
    Reviewer57906 Jan 23, 2016

Hi my name is William Rogers Iive in portland texas and work in the par ks and rec department .we have added A dog park to the city small and large Idid not rellieys how maney dog are in the city. Ihere pepole ask why we do not have A pet store .the city is growing. every month .petsmart would be great for are city.Thank you For your time.William Rogers Portland Texas 78374. phone 361-445=8933. email [email protected]

• Pi
    Pixydoodle May 29, 2013

I want to know how much it will cost me to take my long haired (and matted) cat in for a full grooming. She goes a little nuts with the change of seasons - wouldn't go outside all winter and now, half the time, we can't get her in!

pennymeowface Jul 10, 2012

If you are a groomer that is complaining... I don't care. you choose your job! I work in a bar and in the corporate world. the money I make to deal with drunks get touched by drunks, harassed by drunks, stalked by drunks, and vomited on by drunks is my choice. also, my # boss comes with the territory. but I am not on here #. my customers come in to get what they want done, not to get attitude from their server or from their account rep. if you are not willing to get the job done... then do not do it! I am sorry but you # petsmart groomers and bathers need to grow up! poor you... but not really. we all have bad days, and when I am done with mine and don't have the energy to cut my pets nails.. I bring them to you. so do not tell me its all about you and not about pets and their owners... it should be all about us. do nurses get to tell patients to politely f* off when a screaming 2 year old sticks with with the needle by flailing their arms around? no. so stop complaining. complaining is for weak people.

angeredcostumer Jul 03, 2012

The south oklahoma city petsmart is terrible! I bought a chameleon in their store june 1st and since then I have had so many complications with their products! first the cage we bought for $70 was used & missing a piece, also the cage stand was used & also missing a piece. the flourecent blub went out within 10 days and now, last night, the basking bulb went out. on top of the fact that they never have crickets!!! (& everything is over priced!) im serious, I have went in four or more times now & I always have to go somewhere else.. they dont even have them in the box to go thing. and let me mention the next location to find the crickets is like 30 minutes away can I sue them???

• Sk
    skooch3175 Nov 14, 2011

we have an 8 month old mini schnauzer. I took her to Pet smart groomers on 3105 Argentia Rd. Mississauga they did a good job, but she we very lethargic, she slept on her bed and would not move.. she did not want to go outside for her evening walk and had to cut the walk short. I was very concerned about her and she did not each that night. the next day, she we sick on our kitchen floor … twice… but… she did not eat the evening she come home or the next morning… do any of your pets feel this way..do you notice any similar symptoms, is my puppy being sedated in order to have a wash and trim..? All help and comments would be appreciated.

• Do
    doggroomer Jul 14, 2011

I am a groomer at Petsmart. The only person I can speak for is myself and my salon. It's not just Petsmart there are a lot of shady salons out there. The problem is, it is not like being a human hair stylist or barber. There is no licencing or certification that is a requirement. You could go to walmart and buy a $30 pair of clippers and call yourself a groomer. The grooming world can be a SCARY world. You want to make sure where ever you are taking your pet to ask some questions before you take your pet in for a grooming. I encourage owners to come in and meet their groomer first. This also gives the owner an opportunity to discuss things like price and what their concerns are. I would never leave my children in somebody else's care without meeting them first. Go with your gut. If you feel comfortable with this person if your dog seems to be getting along with this person then start asking some questions. Ex: How long have you been grooming? What is your favorite type of dog to groom? Find out if certian groomers specialize in certian things. What do you do if a dog is misbehaving or tries to bite?
    Sometimes as groomers we do have to have difficult conversations with people. I never recommend shaving someone's pet down because I think it's going to look good. I don't think dogs look good shaved at all. It's just somtimes with a matted pet it's the only safe option. You need to agree on a price and a service with your groomer before you leave. Make sure they know you expect there to be no suprises when you pick up. I would suggest initaling next to the price and service notes on the paper you sign. If your groomer then makes a pricing mistake they have to suck it up. They messed up!
    Owners should be able to observe the trimming process on their dogs. I encourage my customers to come watch at any time. For dogs that are more excited than others its best as the owner to watch where the dog can't see you. You don't want them getting too excited before the groomer has a chance to finish.
    Cutting dogs...accidents happen. Sometimes with groomers I'm sure it's carelessness. However if you could please keep in mind that we are working on moving targets we would appreciate it. I am very cautious and careful on each pet I groom. I don't take my eyes off of it and really try to concentrate on what I'm doing. Especially when I'm working on a pet that isn't standing the way that I need it to.
    Finally, don't be afraid to ask your potential groomer questions. They should be willing to be open and honest with you and if not find yourself another groomer. If your groomer isn't smiling when you drop off and pick up find a new one.

• Nn
    nnorman May 29, 2011

My daughter took her 4 pound Yorkie to the East Brunswick, NJ Petsmart for grooming as she did last year (without incident) for a summer cut. My daughter advised the groomer that he was very active so that they would be aware that he did not sit still and be cognizant of the difficulty when grooming him. But I guess they did not take heed and the result of it was that he was rushed to the veterinarian care unit they have within the store to care for the cut made in his nose during grooming. I can only say, thank God they have one there. The Vet couldn’t give him stitches because it was vascular so he had to put surgical glue on the cut area to try to stop the bleeding. They must have been very concerned because they kept him for several hours to monitor him before releasing him and made an appointment to see him again to make sure all was well. A professional groomer takes all precautions to assure the safety of the animal being groomed and yes, accidents happen to the best of us, but a professional should take all precautions necessary to see that none occur. Needless to say, my daughter will not return to Petsmart for grooming. However, I do want to compliment the Veterinarian that took care of him. P.S. My daughter was not charged for any of the services provided (as should not have been)

• Jm
    jmb maples Mar 28, 2011

Please dont take your pets to petsmart!!! I currently work there unfortunately; but i'm here to beg you not to take your dog if you care for them!!! your pet will get cussed out, leash jerked on if not cooperating (scared), pinched, handled roughly while being bathed and dried, shampoo in eyes (they are "suppose" to use eye wash before and after), unsanitary kennels from previous dogs, no clean fresh water, nails trimmed super fast and short or too long, small dogs tossed in the kennels wet and shivering (because the groomer feels other things need to be done). the groomers don't care if the dog is nervous or unruly or that they will take their time on the service for good quality; because they are making 50% to 60% commission on every dog (the quicker the can get your pet in and out, the more money they bank! its all about the money... there is no heart in what they do! it breaks my heart and that's why I have to find another job quick! I cant be a part of that!