Peak Kiaservice, and general manager

I Jul 26, 2019

I had a appointment for a recall to be completed, and an oil change to be done at Peak KIA adjacent to Chapel Hills Mall at 1:30 PM. On arrival I was met by a young woman who was in the service department, and advised me that there was nobody available to do the work until 3:30 PM due to an employee dying, and everyone being at the funeral. I asked why I did not receive a phone call advising me of this, and was advised that they (Service) attempted to call me which they had not. I know this due to being disabled, home everyday, and no phone calls received. I asked to speak with the Manager who the young woman notified, and met with him at the service department. I advised the manager that I was upset with his dealership, and not receiving any phone notification. He stated that I was called, and advised which again I had to tell him I was not. After repeating myself several times and advising him how unprofessional the situation was handled with any notification being made he was advised that I was going to contact KIA Corporate regarding the service I received, and my being told that I was notified by phone. His next comment was well your threatening me with calling Corporate so you can take your vehicle to another dealership as I can deny anyone service I want. I have dealt with Peak KIA several times, and knowing it to be under new ownership. It seems the manager needs to learn how to talk better with customers. Perhaps he needs to be shadowed by the owner of the franchise, or trained on how to handle things better there. I would not advise anyone to use this dealership. Very Unprofessional.