Naza Kia Malaysia — unresolved problems
Below is my 4th letter to Naza Kia Management (Also a summary on what's going on)
I imagine you must be a busy man. So instead of trying to see you, I've resorted to writing you this email instead. Please do allow me a few moments to explain my intentions.
Including this email, it would have been my fourth mail to Naza-Kia. This is in regards to the car reg number WUC **** registered to my wife. To cut the long story short, I'll list down briefly below the sequence of events since the collection of the said vehicle 2 months ago.
- Car collection
- Air conditioning failed
- Sent to service center in Old Klang Road.
- A problem with the compressor was identified.
- Told to resend vehicle to main service center as it would be difficult for them to file for claims.
- Re-sent said vehicle to Puchong Naza Kia Service Center.
- Car inspected for over 3 hours and was told that which we already know (note problem above).
- Car returned to us dirty and with hand prints all over.
- An official complaint was lodged and when asked how long this matter will take to resolve, your SA replied "1 week, 2 weeks, maybe more, I don't know"
***If you had to drive around in your brand new car with an air cond that doesn't work, how would you have reacted? To top that up, the very people who are in charged haven't got a clue as to when this problem can be resolved.
- Mail sent to Client Management Division (CMD) informing them of the situation and asked them to expedite the process.
- One month passed without any news or a single call from either CMD or the service center.
- Another reminder was sent to CMD in view of the urgency of the matter (and constant nagging from the wife)
- CMD representative called and said "We're sorry. We will look into it and get back to you as soon as possible when we have a date on the arrival of your ordered parts"
- Another 2 weeks have past and the call never came!
- After 1 and a 1/2 months of waiting, the part arrived and I was told to send the car in. Yes, I felt relieved despite the hassle.
***Not only was I not compensated in any way. I was treated with the least priority and zero apology from any of your service staff. Proverbs says "A gentle word turns away wrath". A simple "Don't worry sir, we'll solve your problem and throw in a car wash for you" would have suffice. Instead I got a "Can collect your car at 5pm, but if cannot then tomorrow la" I held my tongue and decided against lashing out on any of your staff because they were not to be held responsible for any of this to begin with. It is only to my best interest to have the matter resolved and I was glad that day was coming.
- Collected the car at 6pm but to my horror, not the slightest bit of improvement!
- Two technicians checked it out and agreed that nothing has changed although the entire compressor was changed!
- I was again told to drive home and bring the car back another day for a check up!
***Can you even begin to imagine my frustration at this point? Why was the first diagnosis wrong? Why did I have to wait more than a month for the warranty to take effect? Why does it take checks after checks only to discover that the problem was not the problem in the first place? Why was I asked time and again to travel back and forth to your service center?
- Without much choice, I dragged my feet on another more convenient morning down to the service center again.
- Was told, at the end of the day, that the problem was actually *some part name* (That's if they are not mistaken again)
- They again proceeded to lodge another complain and as expected, told me to return home and wait for the warranty approval from management.
If you had quickly read through the mail not having time to digest the intensity and severity of the ordeal I have been going through, here's a brief summary -
BRAND NEW CAR. HOT AIR CONDITIONING. SLOW, INDIFFERENT AND INEFFICIENT SERVICE. NO ASSURANCE, NO COMPENSATION OF ANY SORT DESPITE LOST OF TIME, SWEAT, SLEEP AND MONEY. PROBLEM STILL UNSOLVED AFTER 2 MONTHS. KIA, THE POWER TO SURPRISE!
And while my wife drives around, sweating in the car, as I continue to wait for "management approval" you read this from your air conditioned office room. I plead with you, good sir, DO SOMETHING!
Thanking you in advance.