Having problems with ParetoLogic?

ParetoLogic reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 16, 2007. The latest review Reg cure pro was posted on Jun 12, 2020. The latest complaint Scam/Ripoff was resolved on Jan 29, 2015. ParetoLogic has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 94 reviews. ParetoLogic has resolved 63 complaints.

ParetoLogic Customer Service Contacts

1827 Fort Street
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada - V8R1J6

ParetoLogic Complaints & Reviews

ParetoLogic (File Cure)beware!

Do not download the "free" trial offer of this program! It is impossible to uninstall it, and it will haunt you forever. Will not show up in list of Programs, but it is there! Company provided suggestions on how to remove FileCure program, none of which work. Be forewarned.

Paretologic FilecureNo ?10 discount/no license key

I was told I was getting a $10 discount from $40 to $30 but later they said they were charging $40 to my credit card. Then I was unable to cut & paste my license key according to their instructions so I can`t even use the product.

RegCureGood product lousy marketing practices

This is not a complaint about the product itself. I purchased it and it does what it says. I also tried a competing product reg-easy and it was hopeless - it switched off aero support in windows 7 for some reason and I had to spend about 1/2 hour figuring out how to turn it back on again - hopeless. Regcure worked fine - no problems. In fact I rather like the product. I will almost certainly renew when the time comers.

What my complaint concerns is their deceptive marketing practices. They seem to maintain tons of sites they claim to give unbiased reviews of their product. It is obvious to anyone they are not - they simply are scams to trick the unwary. But what they do is make it very difficult to find legitimate reviews of the product from a simple Google search. Such legitimate reviews say the product is fine. But then again they said reg easy was fine as well it it was hopeless.

The other issue is they do not make it clear when you buy the product it is a 1 year license. That is deceptive as well. I then checked to see what the renewal fees were and found when you renew it you get all sorts of other products with it. Yes they claim its free but they are useless to me. I haven no problem with this as long as I don't have to install those other products. We will see at renewal time.

Also I am concerned they may automatically debit my credit card when the time comes for renewal. If they do that then I will definitely register a stronger complaint than this simple warning about deceptive marketing practices. I will also be dropping them a line warning them not do to this.

Thanks
      Bill

RegCurerefund

Hello, I tried using RegCure for my pc to help solve my problems. But it didn't do what I wanted it to do and now I want a refund since I used it for less than an hour of those 60 days.

• ParetoLogic's response · Mar 19, 2010

Hello Keyblader455

We sincerely regret to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced with your RegCure purchase, and we would like to do everything that we can to assist you.

Please be reassured by the fact that Paretologic (creator of RegCure) is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau, a Microsoft Certified Partner, and has won numerous industry awards for it's products and services. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us.

We would like to encourage you to contact our online support site by sending an email with the details of your purchase and issue to [email protected] and a member of our highly skilled Customer Support Team will be delighted to help you with your RegCure concerns. If they are unable to assist, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products within 60 days of purchase.

We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you.

Kindest Regards
            Laura
            Paretologic Liaison

• Da
            davidrus Dec 30, 2010

i keep getting an error message that the USB is not being recognized and regcure did absolutely nothing, it was a total waste of money.

• Ne
            neal1 Mar 19, 2010

these things like reg cure etc are all a scam. The speed of your pc is regulated by the mother board and available ram. Very little can be done by these apps other than make your wallet a bit lighter! The best way to keep your pc running well is to use av software and dont run a ton of things at once, if you use a lot of video get a decent vid card and of course dont try to use a volkswagon to race with ferraris!

• Te
            tedbosworth62 Feb 25, 2010

I have tried severally times to delete this product . I had a warning recently from Microsoft that RegCure is a potential threat. I want it removed from my computer & my money refunded!!!
            Rev. Ted Bosworth

• My
            myra wyatt Jul 06, 2009

I purchased Regcure 3003-2EB20-846A6-4AEAA & PARETOLlOGIC pRIVACY CONTROL 30803-2eb20-8A6A6-4AEAB AND IT DIDN'T DO WHAT I EXPECTED. i WOULD LIKE A REFUND OF $39.90
            Thanks,
            Myra Wyatt
            [email protected]

• Ro
            robert nelson Mar 25, 2009

I thought this product was supposed to speed up my computer. Unless I am not doing something right, I am not a computer expert, Unless you know and research this product and fully understand it . I think people get a totally different Idea about Rugcure, It didn't seem to harm my cumputer it seems that I need to undo something and I really dont know what. I just want my money back thank you Very much.

• Ga
            garytucson Feb 09, 2009

Like most of the other posters to these forums, I also downloaded and used RegCure to solve a problem that a Google hit purported it could fix but did not (Error 104 invalid class string). Like many others, I also left the already ticked checkbox for privacy controls checked because the screen suggested I could confirm my choices on the following screen, but clicking 'next' immediately charged the entire $39.90 to my PayPal account. The misleading sales screen, extra item and immediate charge are all problems that ParetoLogic should investigate and correct.

However, unlike almost everyone else, running RegCure did NOT ruin my computer or cause any problems of any kind. I'm not sure it 'fixed' anything either, but since it didn't fix the error I purchased it for, I called the number provided by Safecart through PayPal [protected]) left a message to have a rep call me back, was contacted the following day by a ParetoLogic rep and already have a full refund to my PayPal account just three days after downloading, installing and trying the product.

The phone conversation with the rep was very professional - he even asked me to provide the problematic link so they could do whatever possible to remove it. My experience with them (other than the original sales screen which Google took me to, which may not even belong to ParetoLogic) has been positive. Anyone coming to this site for help should call the same number I called and hopefully will get the same prompt response and solution.

For anyone having tried RegCure to solve an IE7 invalid class string error, you might solve that problem by doing the following: Click the START key, then RUN and type "regsvr32 jscript.dll" (without the quote marks, of course, and there is a space between the 2 and the j) into the RUN dialog and click OK. That error is a java script problem, nothing to do with the registry which is why RegCure didn't fix it. Hopefully they will sucessfully correct or remove the bogus links that so many of us got taken by.

• De
            delones24 Feb 05, 2009

I purchased RegCure last night after reading it would speed up my PC. It said there was a 100% guarantee. I have been unable to find where I go for the refund as my computer is not running any faster than it was before I ran the scan. Please get me a refund for this before the 60 days runs out. Thank You

• Wi
            willie williams Sep 13, 2008

i purchase regcure and it donot work properly and i would like afull refund of 39.90 thank you

• Mu
            muhammad Ishtiaq May 03, 2008

hi i have purchased regcure software for data recovery from "PARETOLOGIC.COM" but it didnot worked properly and i am not satisfied with the results of this software and i was not able to get my data back even after using software many time.
            so i am requesting the company to refund my money.
            thanks very much hope i will get reply soon.

order refrence number: PTLC-U030508-11VGE

license key: 3C003 0A420 9C3A3 6C10A

Pareto Logic File Cure — Invasive Product cannot be Uninstalled

Do Not install Pareto Logic File Cure's trial on Windows 7 - if you decide that you do not wish to pay...

RegCureWill not accept renewal

ParetoLogic - Thank you for your renewal!‏
          From: ParetoLogic ([protected]@paretologic.com)
          Sent: Fri 1/01/10 7:09 PM
          To: Edward Perry ([protected]@msn.com)
          Dear Edward Perry,

Thank you for your recent RegCure renewal. To activate your renewal, simply restart your application. There is no need to re-enter the license key.

Provided below is information about your order and the delivery of your additional product(s).

***IMPORTANT!!! IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PRINT or SAVE THIS EMAIL AS A REFERENCE!!!***

The information below is required to install and activate your products and will be necessary should you need to re-install the product or access Customer Support. If you experience any product related problems, please use the support information found below.

============================
          PURCHASE DETAILS:

Product Purchased: Renewal Special

Number of Licenses Renewed: 1

Number of New Licenses: 4

=============================
          PRODUCT LICENSE KEYS:
          NOTE: Pay careful attention when inputting your license key!! License keys are product-specific and will only activate the product with which they are associated!

-----------------------------------------------------
          RENEWED PRODUCT KEY: 39803-18D20-85F37-7E6D7 (no need to re-enter, simply restart the application)
          -----------------------------------------------------
          I AM FORCED TO SALES WEBSITE AND THERE IS NO WAY TO UPDATE WITH RENEWAL CODE!

ParetoLogic — unleashed a trojan on my computer

This supposed registry cleaner is in fact worthless and did nothing but harm. Minutes after installing it, my...

Pareto Logic DriverCure — DriverCure does not allow registration

ParetoLogic DriverCure will not accept the product key ParetoLogic provides They have no phone number, and...

ParetoLogicregcure

purchased renewed product license plus the limited time offer $49.92 now the program works on a limited bases and there is no way I can find to get help online. The product no longer works completely to repair what it was downloaded for. Would like to just have the product work if not want my money back. http://support.paretologic.com good luck getting any feed back or help.

• Mi
                mike1963 Jun 20, 2010

i tried regcure. what a ripoff! paid the $approx. 40.00 fee. didnt work and tried again. wanted another $40.00! dont throw your money away. this is a total scam and ripoff and should be shut down for good!

• Cb
                cbuck Aug 13, 2009

I downloaded the free version of RegCure, was not impressed, and tried to uninstall -- but can't seem to get the program off of my system. BEWARE!!! I have since found numerous sites with this same complaint, with very complex suggestions for removing this application. I am not about to go buy it to see if I can then uninstall it, and have emailed the company for assistance.

• De
                denham Apr 07, 2009

the only website you should download from is the official one. If you are getting desktop, do this. Go to windows explorer, click search, type in regcure, select local hard drive, click search options, select advanced options, click search now. All files including the hidden ones (restore points) should now be visible. Read "white paper" for hints before choosing restore point.(regcure.com) if you have access to another pc. If not, select the closest restore point to when the trouble started (it is usually safer to restore a partial restore point than a full restoration of all of the registry. Good luck

• Na
                Natalie Blahut Apr 01, 2009

It is fine to have a place to vent about Paretologic products but what about suggestions for getting a refund?

Why can they buy space on google to advertise when their products are one come-on after another and we are complaining constantly?

This is the second backup computer I lost to Paretologic products and when the computer crashed, the products could not be removed from the computer; what's more, the add and remove software function was disabled so that toxic programs could not be removed

• La
                Larry Dalton Dec 10, 2008

I found the RegCure recommendation on line from a normally very reputable website. I downloaded it, paid for the unlock key and did the scan. I opted to have it create a Restore point before making any corrections. After the corrections the systemj is totally caput. It will boot but I have no network connections and RegCure will not open so that I can use the Restore function. The windows restore point will not work. I contacted ParetoLogic and have not yet had a response. I am now trying to restore my boot drive with Nortons Ghost. I am going to do whatever it takes, including using lawsuits if necessary, to get this company blackballed. Makes you wonder, after now reading all of the complaints, that this outfit still exists.

ParetoLogicsoftware does not work

I purchased software from this company to fix a problem I was having on my computer. It did not do anything. When I call them I only get an automated system that sends you right back to the first promp no matter which option you choose. Also the e-mail adress thry provide is invalid. I would like this charg taken off my card.

REGCURE/PARETOLOGIC INCRIP OFF/NO SERVICE/NO COMMUNICATION

Don't buy REGCURE!!!

Regcure (also known as: Paretologic INC)
                1827 Fort St
                Victoria BC v8r 1j6
                Canada
                [protected]
                supposed contact is: Wade Clayton

Scammed into believing I was paying $9.95 if ordered today, then minutes later received an email saying my card was charged $49.92. Immediatly I started contacting them. I have waited 3 weeks for a return to my web form contacts & my emails. FYI, once they get your $$$, you are done. They do not offer customer service of any kind, the phone number you find on the net will get you no-where...You will get an automated email saying they take care of service problems within 24-48hrs, with a case number for your problem. Forget it, it will never happen. Supposedly, they have a 60 day money back guarantee, but they make sure that you can never get a hold of anyone to get your $$$ back. Forget trying to contact Safecart (the company that charges the card for regcure/paretologic as well. Also, no communication, they do not return emails, phone number appears to be bogus as well, you will never get a human.

If you are needing customer service/ refund, etc. go to the following web address for the Better Business Bureau in canada, ___ http://www.bbb.org/canada/Find-Business-Reviews/#middle-result

look at the report on them & file a complaint if you need to. I filed my complaint on the paretologic today & will await the bbb to help resolve the issue. Next, I will file my complaint against Safecart (also known as)
                REVENUE HEAD OFFICE
                788 TOLMIE AVE
                SUITE 201
                VICTORIA, BC
                V8X 3w4

Neither one of them will reply, emails get no response, phone numbers will get you no where. Just go to the bbb and see if you can get somewhere. If I get anywhere, I will come back here and let you know. I am now awaiting a full refund request.

XoftSpy - paretoLogicLicense Scam

If you buy a license then wait until your existing license expires on all their producs including XoftSpy, etc., you will loose the days since you bought the product. The new license starts the day you bought it. So if you decided to buy a new license since you had extra money this month and even if you wait for 60 days until your existing license expries, your new license will start 60 days ago and you have lost 2 months of use. And, furthermore, when you re-license before the expiration, you have to unregister your existing license with some software package support provides. Not that the product doesn't do what it is suppose to do, the licensing is a scam.

• To
                      topspywareclean.blogspot.com Dec 01, 2008

download adware, spyware registryclean ect. Free Scan. Remove Your Spyware Now!

Cheryl M Stachyruk Apr 07, 2007

I payed for both products and xoftspy se does not work with windows vista i would like the amount refunded to my credit card. I will be expecting an email within 48 hours to confirm my request and refund for xsoftspy se.

Paretologic / RegCureHORRIBLE VIRUS ROGUE

September 2, 2009 searching in the Web for a solution with a minor problem with the installation of Windows Live Photo Gallery, suddenly I receive from ParetoLogic a unexpected free offer to solve my problem with Photo Gallery with a free scan of my computer, because the origin of the problem was in some errors in the register of my computer. I accepted the free scan because the page of ParetoLogic was to me very professional. The scanning, at lightning speed detected the incredible number of 1453 errors in my computer.

After that ParetoLogic offered to me to correct all this fantastic number of errors with a program, named Regcure, for $29.95, at a special price this afternoon of only of $19.95. I accepted the download and finally the price I paid for regcure was another one: $39.94 to my surprise. I paid that with my visa card to solve my problem with the installation of Windoes Live Photo Gallery. I was instructed after the download that I needed to restart my computer to correct the errors, as usual with any download.

After restarting I knew that nI have been victim of an horrible malware, and I had paid my money for a Trojan virus and a rogue, very well designed, that every time boot my computer, the virus made the following changes in my computer without my consent: no sound, no speakers installed (?); no possible restore function to prior date; my settings altered and impossible to access; svchost.exe with an error of memory impossible to read, so every windows program must close after be opened; I made a double click on the icon of regcure and I received the notice:” Windows sockets damaged”; immediately I remove “regcure” to the recycle bin, and I receive this ironic notice : “How are you to correct 1453 errors in your computer?”, also It was impossible to access Internet, the directory was corrupted, etc., the computer needed to start more than 15 minutes !!!, etc., etc. Finally I receive the next day an e-mail, very long, whith Ja!, ja!, ja! The G-mail hakkers, and more instruction to do with my computer and my printer...

To kill this Trojan rogue virus I had to reformat my internal hard disk, loosing, as you must know, all my files, data and programs in my computer. You know what this means for a serious old professor.

I put an immediate stop payment to this visa transaction to SAFECART, ParetoLogic on line payment processor. But yesterday I received a notice of my Bank that my account has been debited for $39.94 to safecart.com. on 28-09-09. The reason is that I authorized the transaction. That is true, very true.

So, you will understand that I am now asking for a full refund of $39.94 as soon as possible. The reason is that I paid for a solution of a problem but ParetoLogic sold me “a new problem without solution”. This is a misrepresentation and in my opinion a fraud.

Let me end, this long testimonial complaint, with a moral question: How is possible that people with a brilliant intelligence can do this kind of things to unknown innocent people, for fun and money?

A recent victim of ParetoLogic and Regcure

P.S. How is that there is no official control of this kind of misrepresentatation? We, individual custmers don't have other power that to complaint against this unscrupulous people.

Annanimiss Feb 03, 2011

The above post is in the wrong place. Sorry.

Annanimiss Feb 03, 2011

I had Microsoft Security Essentials. It was shut down by malware that I am still working on removing. Make sure you also keep Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, or something on a flash drive to save you when MSSE fails. This is the third time it's happened to me, so I'm looking for something else. From the reviews, it won't be McAfee.

Sandynhercats Jan 07, 2011

I just fixed a friend's computer that was totally taken over by something involving probably a fake Regcure program and something about Microsoft privacy. It wouldn't even read the disk drive to reformat the computer. I wish I could tell you HOW I fixed it but I really can't. Somehow it also took over IE, the task bar, task manager, start files . All I saw was a RegCure screen with flashing errors that wouldn't allow me to close it. Google Chrome was the only browser visible but I couldn't find a search bar!. Somehow I got 2 the internet and downloaded Advanced systemcare free and revo uninstaller free. I usually ONLY download software from Download.com, Major Geeks or softpedia unless I am going to the publishers site of a known program. Somehow I was able to get rid of some of the files and get the task manager going where I could end the processes and run the programs. I found something called agent.exe which today I learned was part of a valid Dell program and a PC components program was in the Programs folder. I installed a new firefox browser. After cleaning up I updated the computer of course and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. When I ran a scan at the end MSE said that Regcure file was severe and there was a microsoft privacy file that was serious and it removed them. I'm no Pro but I never saw a virus COMPLETELY take over a computer like this. I'll talk to my friend and try to find out what he did! He has a DELL XPS400 with XP prof.

RegCure — Scam

I ran registry cure after it talked me into the Free software download which is all you get for free. It...

ParetoLogic PowerPack - RegCurevirus infection

I bought the PowerPack program after receiving a Windows alert regarding a registry problem and found the link to this software from the Windows site (it says it's Windows Certified!!!). I paid $39.95 for the PowerPack, downloaded RegCure and ran it. Within one day, my computer was hopelessly infected with the Antivirus System Pro virus. So serious was it, that I could not launch any programs and the constant popups on my screen would not allow me to do anything. It cost me an additional $90 to have McAfee remove the virus and one day of my personal time. Never again! I will never recommend this or any other product from this provider.

ParetoLogicPRIVACY SOFTWARE

I purchased Paretologic's RegCure, and for and additional sum of money, also received their Privacy Software. Each time I booted the computer, the Privacy Program would stil be listed, however, it's folder was empty and program's software gone. I contacted Paretologic's Support who of course told me this was the first report of such a problem. They provided a suggestion, which when implemented, did not resovle the problem.

I decided to reload Privacy on a weekly basis and run the program for security. The program would run, after rebooted, the software was again wiped out. After about three weeks of downloading the software and entering the serial key number, I received a computer generated message preventing me from registering the product stati ng that I had loaded the software too many times.

I once again submitted a complaint stating that if they couldn't resolve the problem, I would like a refund for the portion of the cost relating to Privacy Software. I've have yet to receive a reply.

Would appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank you in advance.

Paretologic Power Pack Pro — They software didn't work but, they billed me anyway

I ordered software, but it didn;t work on my computer so, i tired to canel but, couldn;t, so they went ahead...

ParetoLogic — DriverCure and RegCure

I would like a refund on my purchase 5/26/09 for Drivercure and RegCure. They do not work properly on my...

paretologic drivercure — Refund Reguest

I have email parelogic about their products not being user friendly and I wanted a refund. They sent me a...

RegCureScam/Cheat

A contract to clean my computer registry was breached. No email contact or phone number was available to forewarn them about the problem and also to inform them about not charging my cradit card (this must be intentional). My bankers gave me a 1-800 phone number that didn't work. I'm a I.T professional with 40 years of experience. If they could take me for a ride, then Jesus alone could save the others.

Sam Subramanian