Menu
Orbitz
reviews & complaints

Orbitz
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

304 complaints
45 resolved 259 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Orbitz. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:45 pm

Orbitz - simple information on unused ticket

I bought 3 domestic e-tickets from Orbitz.com. The tickets were not used. When I tried to call Orbitz about what my options were I was put on hold twice for a total of over 45 minutes. I finally talked to someone who spoke very poor English and refused to talk to me unless my zip code matched the zip code on my account, which for some reason it did not. He absolutely refused to offer any assistance and when I asked for a supervisor he put me on permanent hold. I WILL NEVER USE ORBITZ.COM AGAIN!

2 comments
Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm

I agree. I will not be using Orbitz.com again. We received a change to our itinerary one week prior to our international travel date and were told that we would now be waiting 6.3 hours for our connecting flight home. We called Orbitz, waited 2 hours to hear that there is nothing they can do. We purchased our tickets 6 months in advance because we have an infant and toddler. We explained that this change would place us in a difficult situation and all that the Orbitz supervisor said was that they are sorry but they could not accommodate us on another flight.

Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Now, if a 3rd party called in, and claimed to be you, then cancelled your flights without your permission, you'd have been the first to scream, , , , "Where is the security?" You should be happy they protect your privacy, and check you My Account tab on the website to find out what zip code YOU put on the account, instead of blaming everyone else!

8:14 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently used Orbitz to book 2 essentially identical trips from my home in Colorado to Vancouver, CAN. On the first occasion I then promptly received an email from some insurance company called AccessAmerica informing me of the details of my new insurance coverage WHICH I DID NOT RECALL ORDERING! So I called AccessAmerica and canceled the coverage. The...

B
11:37 am

Orbitz - handling of canceled flight

I bought round trip tickets through Orbitz in early June for June 13 from Colorado to Wisconsin returning on June 30. Two days before the return flight on the 30th, I called Orbitz to let them know I had to cancel that flight. They assured me that I could apply some amount to another flight minus about $150.00. They assured me I would have no trouble.

On July 16th, I called Orbitz to apply what they owed me to another flight on the same airline (United). Though they said they had a record of my calling, they had no record of my canceling the flight. They even got a United person on line too to tell me no way were they giving me credit because I did not cancel within 24 hours. Now I know Orbitz says they record all calls so I am sure they have the recording of my cancellation but I cannot prove it. Why else do they think I was calling two days before the flight if not to cancel it. Anyway, the people were rude, abrupt, abusive and foreign. I will never, never have anything to do with Orbitz again. They should be prosecuted!

Nov 18, 2008 11:31 am

People call about their flights all the time, to see if the airline did a schedule change. To ask about how much it would cost to change the dates and times, etc. And, they advise that the call MAY be recorded for training purposes. They never said they recorded every call.

V
12:28 pm

Orbitz - hotel booked is under renovation

After reading all the information on all inclusive in Punta Cana and spending hours making a decision, I relied on the information that Orbitz has on their website in booking a trip for my daughter and her friend, only to get a very unhappy call from her that the hotel I booked was under renovation and they were put in another hotel that was very much below par. Orbitz rated the hotel as 4*... Never again will I trust Orbitz on a trip.

C
7:24 pm

Orbitz - orbitz.com ruined my vacation

To everyone out there who use Orbitz.com to make airline / travel arrangements: Beware! Use it at your own risk and do all the legwork before you show up at the airport.

I bought an airline ticket back in February to go from Oakland, CA to Kona, Hi for my vacation in May through Orbitz.com on Aloha Airlines. They charged my credit card for the airline and car rental reservations and I got my confirmation number. Then I went out of U.S. for a few months to visit relatives overseas, and came back not realizing that Aloha airlines had gone out of business while I was away.

I received no notification from Orbitz.com letting me know that my flight that I paid for months ago was cancelled, and I needed to make alternative arrangements to get to Hawaii. Needless to say it was tremendously stressful and nerve wrecking the first day of my vacation when I showed up at the airport, thinking that I had a ticket to fly to Kona and had nothing. I literally scrambled at the airport begging and searching for a last minute ticket that ended up costing me over $1700 in addition to the $500 ticket that I already paid for.

My vacation to Hawaii was completely ruined. When I called Orbitz.com's customer service line and explained to them what happened and asked about the lack of notification on my cancelled flight, the customer service staff's response was: "well, too bad...you should've checked the flight status yourself and KNOW that Aloha Airlines went out of business."

How is it possible that a business like Orbitz.com with such crappy service and such irresponsible business practice stay in business? If Orbitz.com has no problem advertising and selling "available" flight reservations to people, why is it that they can't notify those paid customers when their flights get cancelled? It is not as if Orbitz.com doesn't have my contact information; a simple e-mail from them would have prevented all my scrambling and last minute headaches.

If Orbitz.com can claim that they have no responsibility what-s0-ever to keep me informed of my purchased flight, why do I need them? Why doesn't everyone just contact & purchase the tickets straight from the airlines themselves? What service is Orbitz.com providing us other charge us for bogus flights that don't exist and make us pay more for another ticket?

It truly angers me that I went through Orbitz.com and still had to do so much of my own legwork in order to ensure I have a seat on the plane; it's just wrong. Orbitz.com really needs to step up and take care of the people who book flights and travel arrangements with them and take care of them. From the many posts on this site regarding Orbitz.com, it doesn't seem like my case is an isolated case; plenty of people have complained about its horrible service. From this experience it's safe to say that I will never use Orbitz.com again.

2 comments
Jun 11, 2014 12:25 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi Cwh,

My name is Lynne. I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. Sorry to hear of
this difficult experience. If you'd please email us at [email protected], and include the Orbitz confirmation number; I’ll be happy to investigate further.

Thank you for reaching out.

Lynne
Orbitz Customer Relations
Chicago, IL

Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm

You weren't sold a 'bogus' flight. At the time the flight was booked, Aloha Airlines was still flying. Orbitz sends out emails when the airline notifies them that one of your flights is affected by cancellation, time changes, delays, etc. It's up to you to check your email. You act as your own travel agent on travel websites. So, of course you should do your own legwork, or fire yourself and pay a real travel agent.

V
2:49 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made a group reservation. March 10th - They processed the payment by check - They also left me a voice mail and e-mailed me to say that they couldn't give me the hotel rate that I placed a deposit on. March 12th - I canceled the reservation and asked for a refund April 15th - I checked on the status of the refund. April 16th - The said that it...

9:22 am

Orbitz - no tickets, no help, no satisfaction

I purchased airfare on orbitz.com in April 2008 for travel the first week of June. When I got to the end of the online transaction I was told that my only option was paper tickets that they had to be mailed to me. The least expensive way to receive the tickets was first class mail for $23.95. I chose that option--curious as to why it should cost that much for a first class stamp. In any case, when my tickets hadn't arrived two weeks later I called Orbitz. After being put on hold for about 20 minutes I was told wait an additional 10 days for my tickets to arrive. After 8 days--10 days would have been a Sunday--I called Orbitz again. This time I was on the phone for an hour. After speaking to an agent and then that agent's supervisor I was told that since it was US mail there was no tracking and so my only option was to contact US Airways in person and file a lost claim. I was told by the Orbitz supervisor that the $100 would be refunded to me when the original tickets were found or after completion of travel. The Orbitz supervisor even referred to the $100 as a "deposit". I went to my local airport the next day, paid the $100, got travel vouchers for my flight and a receipt for the $100 claim. I called US Airways to find out how I went about having my $100 refunded--at which point I was informed that the $100 claim fee was nonrefundable and that it should have been the responsibility of Orbitz to get my tickets to me. Essentially the tickets weren't lost they were just never received. Now I've paid the fee and have little recourse. I feel that I was swindled by Orbitz.

Oct 03, 2008 8:46 am

You cheaped out by having paper tickets sent thru US Mail?

5:46 pm

Orbitz - inaccurate tlc text updates

Orbitz sent me a text message saying that my flight was delayed. I changed my plans and showed up at the airport to find that the airline got back on track and was leaving at the previously scheduled time. Even though it was still not leaving for a half hour they said that they could not process my ticket and get me on the plane. Orbitz would not help me get another flight and only offered a $50 voucher towards future business even though I was having to take a red-eye flight that was worth much less than the flight that I paid for. They would take no responsibility for the fact that they advertise this service as what sets them apart from all of their competitors. If I would have bought from anyone else I would not have gotten the text and I would have made my flight.

Nov 19, 2008 9:02 am

So, the airline relayed thru their GDS system to Orbitz that they were running late, and that was relayed to you. Then, the airline decides they are going to leave a little quicker at the airport, just, 30 minutes late, but doesn't notify Orbitz, so Orbitz cannot notify you. So, this is Orbitz fault? All airlines tell you to be there a certain amount of time before you SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME. You decided that if they were running late, so could you?

S
7:56 am

Orbitz - refund documentation and blatant ineptness or scam

SERIOUSLY INCREDULOUS and most disconcerting with very little apparent recourse i have been lied to misguided by inept representatives from orbitz over a complete refund for medical issue ona flight to europe. medical documentation was faxed from drs office many times with confirmation numbers orbitz claims they were not receievd and still not recieved or they claim was recieved credit will be issued no credit was issued the story gets worse this has been going on two months. i speak with supervisers, each telling a different story i email business office email orbitz customers relations either there is a scam going on or horrid ineptness. the situation is still not resolved i have contacted bbb and will contact whomeber will look into this it is most unnaceptable. i spend hours on the phone at a time being totally lied to. frankly it is incredulous that this be allowed to continue in this manner this company has much to answer for

Oct 03, 2008 8:53 am

When you send in your medical documentation, they then forward it to the airline. It is up to the airline as to whether or not you will be refunded.

R
6:19 pm

Orbitz - did not cancel reservation

Several years ago, I booked a room several months in advance and had to cancel. I followed their procedure, was within the period required to cancel, and everything, but my credit card was still charged for the room.

I was unable to recoup the loss ($150). In fact, it caused my account to overdraw ($35) since I was unaware the reservation had not been canceled as ordered.

Their customer service was extremely unhelpful.

This has bothered me ever since. I will never recommend their services to anyone.

May 15, 2008 1:15 pm

I think you did not read the rules and restriction of your hotel reservation. The hotel have a certain policy in canceling the reservation. Some hotels will charge the guest for full stay even if the check in is 60days from day you canceled the reservation. Most US hotels will only charge $25 if you cancel the res more that 3 days from day of check in. When you are canceling a hotel reservation online, the websites reads the rules on the hotel. I guess you were charge for that amount because you are within the policy of the hotel. I've learn this info because I traveled a lot and booked several hotel resevations.

5:05 pm

Orbitz - non refundable policy

I booked travel on Air France through Orbitz to Paris from LAX for $3200. Due to a medical emergency the trip had to be cancelled. I called Air France and they said "no problem" but since I had made the reservation through Orbitz I would have to call them, etc.

For the past three days I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue to finally learn that Orbitz refused to refund or credit any amount.

This is a "buyer beware" scam organization who I will never use again. This lesson has cost me over $3K which is painful.

In the future I will use their search engine to find flights and hotels but NEVER AGAIN will I ever book anything through this "con artist" group of travel ###.

The service they provide as "the middle" man is of of negative value and surfaces very quickly if you ever have to change anything.

My advise... Avoid at any cost.

May 15, 2008 3:36 pm

When you booked the reservation the airfare goes directly with Air France (shows also on your billing statement.) And before booking the reservation, the website stated the rules and restictions of your ticket. I travel a lot and fly Air France. I think most of Air France tickets are non refundable and non changable (economy class).

K
12:00 am

Orbitz - terrible experience!

My husband served in Iraq beginning March 2006. During this time we planned to meet in Greece for a vacation after not seeing each other for over 6 months. After hours of research, I found the perfect spot on Rhodes. I made the reservation for the September 2006 trip in May 2006, paying in full 5 months in advance. I discovered the day before leaving for Greece that Orbitz had taken my money and never made the $2200 hotel reservation.

Mistakes happen and I am a very forgiving person. However, I called Orbitz's customer support to resolve the situation, and they were outright hostile to me over the phone, repeatedly disconnected me, and placed me on hold for a total of over 8 hours. I was told that because a partner is used for European reservations, it was not "Orbitz's fault" and that I should have called this partner to confirm, even though I was sent a confirmation email and was never previously directed to additionally confirm or ever given the contact information for this European partner. I was told repeatedly by customer support that the money was just "gone" and there was nothing they could do. Obviously, this is some sort of scam and Orbitz's support method of dealing with it is to try to tie you up on the phone for so long that eventually you give up.

I had to ask my sister and several friends to help me in calling the support line over and over so that we might find someone who would not disconnect us or put us on hold indefinitely. I looked up as many orbitz.com email addresses as I could find via google and sent my story to every one, several times. After continually requesting to speak to a supervisor, we finally got a woman on the phone who was exceptionally rude, but agreed to put us in a different hotel. I asked if I had a choice which one and she angrily replied: 'You are lucky I'm doing this at all - we don't have to do anything for you!'

I requested a confirmation email for this hotel, which stated this was an 'upgrade' from my original reservation. It turns out the "upgrade" hotel was actually considerably less expensive than the hotel I had booked. I accepted this because I didntt want to be sleeping on a park bench: Orbitz put me in the position of having no choice. The resort I paid for was on the beach with half board. The hotel we were redirected to was not on the beach (it was actually several miles from the beach in a non-tourist area) and included 1 meal over 10 days, versus 2 meals a day for 10 days. Due to this, we spent an additional $1400 in meals, rental car, taxis, and beach access fees. I had to take an entire day off work to try to get any sort of response from Orbitz. Even simple courtesy was beyond their fathoming: my husband was travelling on a military flight and could not be reached to communicate the change in plans. Orbitz staff refused to call the original hotel and leave a message telling him the address of the replacement hotel. I paid for the international calls to Greece. We had to pay the additional taxi fee for him to go to the original hotel on one side of the island, then call another cab to go to the replacement hotel.

What should have been a relaxing respite from the war in Iraq Orbitz turned into a nightmare for my husband and me.

A friend suggested that my credit card company might be able to force Orbitz to admit their wrongdoing. I contacted my credit card company who contacted Orbitz. Orbitz replied with a fraudulent statement that I had paid to book a hotel and they had delivered on that reservation.

Based on their 'business as usual' response to my credit card company, I believe this is a scam: they allow you to book the hotel of your choice, planning all along to dump you in a hotel where no one wants to stay and pocket the price difference, or you will give up and pay for a second reservation, allowing them to pocket the entire amount. In my case, the replacement hotel was $70 less a night than the resort I paid for.

I regularly travel for business and I have never been treated in such an egregious manner. This matter has never been resolved in any way. I have attempted to contact Orbitz many times and they have never responded.

12:00 am

Orbitz - another credit card charged and no room booked!

I booked a reservation through Orbitz for the Dubai Palm. (December 26th, 2007) My card was charged but when I arrived at the hotel - no such reservation existed. The hotel said they did have rooms though (After 45 minutes of not being able to contact Orbitz) but it was significantly higher than my original booking. I then had to find another hotel in this country and it was a little more expensive.

Now, the hard part is getting my money back. I had to call 3 times before anyone even followed through with my complaint. On the third time I demanded to speak with a supervisor. This is also costing me a fortune in overseas calls. And what do I get? The India call center and a supervisor I can not even understand. His English was so terrible we ended up exchanging email addresses because we could not understand each other.

After weeks of emails, I sent all the receipts they asked for. And I still have them emailing me that they did not receive any receipts to refund me. By this time I was livid. I sent the same email 3 times attached to the email trail proving I had sent the receipts. I still hear NOTHING. So after 4 days I emailed them asking if they have confirmation of the receipts. Again, I hear nothing for days. My last email told them I was reporting them to the BBB (By the way there are a lot of complaints for Orbitz) and guess what... 2 days later I have my credit. But still I have not heard back from them. They also told me they would compensate me for the price difference but they did not. And that is fine. I will never use them again. I would recommend you not use them either.

3 comments
Oct 22, 2007 12:00 am

Count me in as another victim of the "credit card charged and no room booked" Orbitz fiasco. This happened to me last weekend (Oct. 20, '07) in Birmingham, AL. I got to the Redmond Hotel and they had no record of my reservation despite my credit card payment to Orbitz and subsequent confirmation. I had to wait 30 minutes while the mess was cleared up (the hotel clerk finally called Orbitz and got the confirmation that way - despite the Orbitz print out that I presented). Thankfully, the hotel was not sold out or I would have been totally out of a room. My email complaints to Orbitz in the aftermath have yielded the exact same form letter twice (in the same thread!). Traveler beware. Skip Orbitz.

May 15, 2008 4:03 pm

When you book a hotel reservation on Orbitz.com a confiramtion was sent to the hotel. I believe orbitz provide system/tool to the hotel so hotel will be able to see all reservations booked with orbitz. Hotel also used this tool to put their inventories and about the hotel.

G
Feb 19, 2008 9:49 am

I had a terrible experience with Orbitz. They charges my credit card without providing service then told me it will take 3-5 days to resolve. In the meantime I was unable to use my credit card and hence could not travel during my vacation. I was willing to pay at time of booking as specified in their terms provided that confirmation for travel and accommodation were also received. If no confirmation is possible then how can they expect to chrage you. DISGRACEFUL, i cannot understand how this is allowed in th US. i will never use them again and will let everyone in the world know!

Hide full review

Orbitz - terrible customer service!

I purchased a Hotel & Flight pkg. to chicago through Orbitz. After my purchase I wanted to make sure I made it to & from the hotel and airport so I also booked a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $27 and from the hotel to the airport for $27 which was offered under my package when I signed on to my account. When I contacted the shuttle for confirmation on the returning shuttle because of my early morning flight 5:45am I was told orbitz should have never let me book that early of a shuttle for $27 it would be $140.00 and be service for 10 that early in the morning. when I asked at the hotel about the early morning cab to the airport I was told that the early shuttle purchases had been an issue with orbitz for sometime and I needed to get a refund from orbitz! Clearly I had to make other arrangements for a cab which cost me additional $40.00 for return to the airport. When I contacted orbitz for refund which the shuttle company & hotel told me to do, Orbitz gave me the run around first they said I needed to contact the shuttle place for a refund, I said that was not what the shuttle company said, so then I was told it was a non-refundable voucher and now they refuse to return any of my emails, how can something I couldn't possibly use be non-refundable? Now Orbitz headquarters is located right in Chicago and clearly knows how the shuttles run and knew they were just pocketing my money and leaving me stuck at my hotel which I didn't want to happen (reason for purchase). They also misrepresented the hotel I stayed at, I had to purchase internet the gym was only open certain hours the restaurant was under construction and so were other floors of the hotel as well as a bldg behind the hotel. The hotel did take great care of me it was orbitz that failed me this trip.

12:00 am

Orbitz - charge account 5 times, no nsf refund!

Well now lets see... This complaint is a little old because I did not know about this site at that time but I see that some satisfaction comes to those who write a complaint, so here goes. I ordered a flight from Houston to Sitka for a friend of mine and Orbitz charged my checking Mastercard 5 times for the transaction. This transaction put a 2300. overdraft in my checking account. After they investigated they found that indeed it was a computer glitch on their part. I called several times and had to talk to a different person everytime because they cold not put me thru to the same person... Any way after 6 days I was refunded for the price of the 4 extra tickets. This was all fine and good however, with a 2300.00 overdraft in my account for 6 days many other checks were returned. My bank sent them and faxed them information to show the overdraft fees and they amounted to 300.00. I had to finally give this one to the Almighty because I did not want to suffer a stroke. Since then I receive many offers from them and return them telling them I will use their services if they refund my money... The last time I heard anything was last year. If you have to call them get ready to explain over and over and then wait while they research it...

12:00 am

Orbitz - fraud/ lie about a hotel

There was no customer service/ receptionist at the hotel. Hotel marked as 3 stars, but hotel is not even a star (Check out you by renting room 107). You pen the window- there is a huge wall so you can’t see anything! (We found a number and a guy name Robert answered- he told me the key to the room in the blue box. When we called orbitz customer service- they tried to contact the hotel and Orbitz could not contact the Hotel either! So - me and my girlfriend waited 4 hours outside of the hotel /don’t know what to do! Orbitz suggested rent another hotel -but i have to pay from my pocket! Because --orbitz manager will contact me next day and they cannot do anything about it.
(((Flight + hotel + car package reservation

Orbitz package record locator: KE5BW3

Flight reservation

Orbitz record locator:
AP1101012PHVFNUR )))))

My original vacation package deal is $1215.00.
I had to pay another $446.00 for hotel and we both stayed inside the hotel (Because we both got sick and frustrated) -- Nice vacation by ORBITZ!

I know – my writing to this company won’t change a thing! Orbitz will be doing there business anyway! People like me will suffer from this kind of lie and cheating!

Sep 20, 2008 8:52 am

I have made a reservation and have not been e mailed to conirm the reservetion.
my orbitz locator number is AP110101M6Z5WLMG.
This was for a non-stop flight for September 21, 2008
depart at 8:30am and arive at San Juan at2;21
returning October 3, 2008 departingfrom Sanjuan at 3:02pm
ariving at Chicago 7:17pm.
please confirm with e-mail to [email protected]

12:00 am

Orbitz - fraud and cheating!

My mother and I booked a vacation package with hotel, tours and transport from and to the hotel in Mexico City. Orbitz charged $90.00 for two people to be picked up at the airport to hotel and vice versa. For $90.00 I expected some privacy, and at least a comfortable ride and dated motor vehicle. Instead, we were packed into a van with three other travelers. The van was a 1999 make. The seats were torn and the seat belts in the back inoperable. The driver was a nice guy, I'm not knocking him, but for $90.00! this is outrageous. What made it worse, was the drive back to the airport. This time, we were picked up in an old Toyota, four seater that was worn. The dash board cloth was split and dirty. The chairs old and worn and we had to put in some of our luggage (we only had four pieces) in the back seat. I took the front seat, like a family member to the driver. My mother in the back. This was totally outrageous. For $90.00 we got a $10.00 ride! I complained to Orbitz, but all they tell me is that they have to contact the vendor to work out the "complaint." I have used Orbitz on many, many occasions, but this is totally unacceptable. I am egging myself to go directly to YouTube and make this into a revolution for accountability. The overcharge is seemingly industry practice. It would have been better to simply trust instinct and take a cab directly from the airport.

Outraged! and OVERCHARGED!

May 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Orbitz don't own that shuttle service and i believe the shuttle service vendor are the one posting their info on orbitz.com

S
12:00 am

Orbitz - inconvenient website, worthless service!

I have spent over $3,000 this summer on various trips with Orbitz and will NEVER use them again. Aside from there inconvenient website in which you can only book a vacation, hotel reservation, or plan tickets for a maximum of 4 people, there customer service representatives are worthless!

Orbitz's customer service call centers are scattered throughout the world in different countries which should be a good thing, but for Orbitz who does not know how to run a consumer friendly company has turned it into a chaotic mess! They have not only insulted every American who uses their site but every American who's lost a job because the company wanted their profits to be a priority over their customer service. The least they could do is use people (or countries) with some type of universal communication skills! Orbitz agents are not "understandable" and are not able to communicate under any other situation than looking at a computer screen and reading off information that I could have done myself. They are a worthless third party expense that is unnecessary!

The following was my latest (and final) experience with Orbitz customer service:

I had purchased a plan ticket for my daughters friend so that he could fly out to see her then drive her back from Idaho to Iowa from her summer internship. 3 hours prior to his flight leaving, we had found out that his flight was delay 2 hours which meant he would miss his connecting flight in Minnesota. I contacted Orbitz customer service to see if they could get him on a different flight (should be simple!).

The first customer service representative started out by asking a series of questions in order to get the information needed to bring up my account. He then said he'd have to contact the airlines and he was going to put me on hold... 10 minutes later after listing to the same music over and over... I was put back into the call queue and a different representative answered. I then had to start all over by answering the series of questions and of course this person had to put me on hold to contact the airlines. I was then (as before) put back into the call queue when the third representative introduced herself I became very upset. I stated I would not repeat the same information a third time but gave her my name and told her I expected to be connected to the person who had been helping me previously. I told her the situation I just described and she stated that the other Orbitz representative is most likely in another country and she could not reach them! I told her how I felt and that I wanted to speak to her manager. She said that was not possible and she could help me. I stated she could not and "demanded" I speak to someone in charge. She put me on hold and I waited 15 - 20 minutes this time. A woman answered stating she was from a different location and asked me what my Orbitz customer number was. At this point I was not about to repeat the information I had already repeated 4 times!

At this point as you can imagine I was extremely irritated and demanded some compensation. She said she would give me a voucher for $25 on my next Orbitz trip! Like I'm EVER going to use Orbitz again! This was all they could do for me.

It all comes down to Orbitz not being able to service their customers. Not only do they give their customer the "run around" they finalize the situation by insulting the people who pay their wages, the customer! I have to wonder what business they are really in.

In the time I spent on the phone just trying to 'talk' to someone (not even getting answers to my questions) the flight had been delayed a third time and it was too late to get another flight as because by now all the flights from the Des Moines, IA airport were over for the evening!

I have not received any word from Orbitz - no surprise!

C
12:00 am

Orbitz - credit card charged for hotel & room this consumer never received

Please read on and you will see that I booked and paid for a suite in January 2007 for a trip to Toronto in June 2007. I did not get the hotel nor the room that I paid for. The trip was a total waste and I had to turn around and drive home. When I attempt to get some resolve, Orbitz just keeps giving me the run around and is not communicating with me other than the same automated message to my request for a refund everytime I contact them. Something very fishy is going on with Orbitz. It appears they practice unethical and illegal business practices (i.e., fraud). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. READ ON FOR THE FULL STORY:

(Saturday June 23rd, 2007, Orbitz reply to my request on this date)
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for contacting Orbitz.

With regards to your query, after a guest checks out of a hotel, they
are sent and e-mail from Orbitz asking them to complete a survey on the
hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey.

If have not received a survey, you may revert with your feedback with
regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate
department.

Please note, Orbitz periodically sends out e-mails after a guest checks
out of a hotel asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest

We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lisa
OrbitzTLC
www.Orbitz.com
Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows:

In January 2007 we booked a suite at the Town Inn Suites in Toronto for Friday June 22 for three nights. The suite was to have a king bed, a separate living room area and a full kitchenette. The morning of the 22 I called the Town Inn Suites to further inquire about other amenities such as toasters, and the like as we intended to bring some food with us and take full advantage of the suite. We were never told that there was a problem with the rooms. We were told everything is
fine and "we look forward to seeing you". When we arrived we were told the room was not available due to water damage. They then made arrangements to send us to the Bond Hotel. We were told that it would be same except that the Bond did not have a pool. We accepted. When we
arrived at the Bond we were told that they do not have suites, only rooms with twin beds in them. No kitchen, no king beds, no living room area, nothing. It was late, we were tired and we took the room for one night. The beds were horrible, and the room was very tiny. The offered to give us an upgrade, which turned out to be a room with three small beds, not two!

We were lied to as to the compatibility between the two hotels. We had brought food with us since we thought we would have a kitchen area, all that was lost. Our weekend was ruined. We are requesting a full Refund, as we did not receive anything we paid for. We have documentation from both hotels to confirm our situation. The manager at the Town Inn Suites is Mila Campian, she is will aware of how we feel about this.

Colleen Walker Orbitz record locator XC7259.

(Thursday, June 28, 2007, Orbitz reply to my request on this date)

Dear Colleen,
Thank you for contacting Orbitz.

In response to your query, we have already forwarded your hotel complaint to the appropriate department.

Please note that, after you check out of a hotel, you are sent an e-mail from Orbitz (following Thursday) asking you to complete a survey on the hotel. You have 90 days to submit the survey.

We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Gerrard
OrbitzTLC
www.Orbitz.com

Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows:
Dear Lisa -

I have not yet received the survey from Orbitz that you had indicated would come in order to move this matter forward. I need some resolve as this was costly and I was not in anyway provided the room I had ordered and for which was confirmed via Orbitz and the hotel itself that I was to receive. Thus, making this experience/trip a total bust and needing to return home the following morning after suffering one miserable night in that alternative hotel. Please revert to my feedback with regards to the hotel and forward it to the appropriate department. Please confirm they are in receipt of it once it has been done. Should they need to speak with me personally, my home number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention. Sincerely, Colleen Walker

OrbitzTLCService wrote:

Dear Colleen, Thank you for contacting Orbitz. With regards to your query, after a guest checks out of a hotel, they are sent and e-mail from Orbitz asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey. If have not received a survey, you may
revert with your feedback with regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate department. Please note, Orbitz periodically sends out e-mails after a guest checks out of a hotel asking them to complete a survey on the hotel. The guest has 90 days to submit the survey. If you do not received a survey, you may revert with your feedback with regards to the hotel and we will forward it to the appropriate department. We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Lisa OrbitzTLC www.Orbitz.com Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

Original Message Follows: In January

2007 we booked a suite at the Town Inn Suites in Toronto for Friday June 22 for three nights. The suite was to have a king bed, a separate Living room area and a full kitchenette. The morning of the 22 I called the Town Inn Suites to further inquire about other amenities such as toasters, and the like as we intended to bring some food with us and take full advantage of the suite. We were never told that there was a problem with the rooms. We were told everything is fine and "we look
forward to seeing you". When we arrived we were told the room was not available due to water damage. They then made arrangements to send us to the Bond Hotel. We were told that it would be same except that the Bond did not have a pool. We accepted. When we arrived at the Bond we were told that they do not have suites, only rooms with twin beds in them. No kitchen, no king beds, no living room area, nothing. It was late, we were tired and we took the room for one night. The beds were horrible, and the room was very tiny. The offered to give us an upgrade, which
turned out to be a room with three small beds, not two! We were lied to as to the compatibility between the two hotels. We had brought food with us since we thought we would have a kitchen area, all that was lost. Our weekend was ruined. We are requesting a full refund, as we did
not receive anything we paid for. We have documentation from both hotels to confirm our situation. The manager at the Town Inn Suites is Mila Campian, she is will aware of how we feel about this. Here, this is the first time we have used Orbitz and most likely the last. Awaiting your reply. Colleen Walker Orbitz record locator XC7259.

Your Hotel Confirmation (Received this confirmation from Orbitz on January 12, 2007)…that I had booked the following suite of which I did not get upon arriving in Toronto).

Hello Colleen,

Thanks for booking on Orbitz. This e-mail confirms your hotel reservation .

Please review the cancellation policy and other details of this reservation in the "My Trips" section on the Orbitz site. If you have any questions, you can e-mail us.

Access your account and trip details online with this temporary password: zdRK3cXYErZA

See sign-in instructions below.
Hotel Information

Check-out date: Mon, Jun 25, 2007
Total number of guests: 2
Total number of rooms: 1 room
Executive King Suite - 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed
Rate description: OrbitzSaver - Buy Now and Save!
Average rate per night: $140.51
Amount charged to your credit card: $488.32
Unless otherwise specified, all costs are provided in US dollars.

Cancellation:
Cancellations or changes more than 1 day prior to 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a $25 charge. Cancellations or changes within 1 day prior to 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a charge equal to room and tax for the first night. Cancellations or changes after 4:00 pm local hotel time on the day of arrival are subject to a 100% charge. We are sorry but refunds are not available for early check-out. The hotel is not authorized to make an exception to this policy.

P
Jun 08, 2012 5:01 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We represent The Infantry hotel in Bangalore, India We are trying to submit the filled up form for tying up with Orbitz, but it is not getting submitted. Please advice.

Contact person: Pradeep Shrivastava
email: [email protected]

A
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Re: Orbitz This is Amit Datta. I am very upset and very dis-satisfied/unhappy with your service. As you may see the confirmation number "ATGYW5" so like every one else I assumed that all must be confirmed. When I tried to check in at the hotel there was nothing confirmed for me under my name. To my surprise when I asked the Hotel The Santa Cruz Beach Inn...

Orbitz contacts