Complaints & Reviews

false advertising and promises

We received a call from VHI inviting us to a presentation in Three Rivers in October 2019 and the rep Dean Brown made various promises to us even misleading us by saying they'll provide us with a free honeymoon flights included biggest lie ever. Furthermore, it was so difficult getting hold of them in attempt to cancel this contract before the 5 day period since the responses arr so delayed and the offers are just ridiculously expensive could've gone the normal route of booking accommodation locally and abroad. The contract is also not 3even complying to the NCC which we also only discovered later on. Now we stuck with a damn contract we would really just like to get rid of and just stop paying for a service we not even receiving nor benefiting from

Anyone that can help or advise us how to get rid of this contract and stopping them from robbing us even more.

cancellation of contract

We are struggling to cancel the contract with vhi for almost a year now. We have sent them numerous email...

I am complaining about vhi

Hi we joined VHI on 01/07/2019 we paid the full deposit of R 9750 we have still not receive our log on...

after sales service

good day - i am a member of VHI since 2017. MEMBERSHIP 501764 firstly we were sold 2 memberships only to find...

vacation hub international are scammers

Went to their presentation yesterday in amanzimtoti at the weaver conference centre, we decided to try them...

vhi topaz membership

Ive been awaiting a call for a delivery Of a package otherwise I don't answer unknown numbers easily. When I...

contract entrapment with vhi - how to fight it

Hi All, I recently received a summons, odd period as people are usually on leave, just dropped in my...

complementary and, discounted cruises/local international holidays/ service

Since we paid R9199 -00 deposit on
20 July 2018 and thereafter a monthly instalment of R1688 -00 for the holiday /flight/promotion discounts, we have not been able to activate, in order to use the vouchers, the so called x2 "free" international holiday vouchers, as well as x 1 local voucher for a complimentary week end away.This was promised to us when we joined and was part of the sales pitch.Vhi: Rozelle, Sandra and lastly Marinda, all promised to sort out the problem, but it is 5 mnths later and we are not able to use the vouchers( only 1 of the international vouchers have been activated)The 2nd International holiday voucher is still not activated and the so called local " free" voucher
Is only for discounted week ends. It's clear that it is given to the consumer
to conclude the sale, but not available when you want to use it.
When you want to use the' free " local week- end voucher, the excuse is that there is only a discounted holiday for the month, but perhaps it would become available the next month, nearly half a year later and now we are told there might be a free local week end available next year??and Sandra told me that Vhi only charged us for the discounted International, local holiday and cruise packages. So according to her :
"They don't have to honor anything!"and she was adement that we cannot expect the " free" local voucher this time of the year, because it is peak season. We disagree with this statement, as it was not even available In August, September, October or November!
We cannot be denied this week end away this year, due to their procrastination and poor service!
Furthermore, each time an agent is asked to book the discounted holidays, they are unable to book what we viewed online, and it takes the agents days to come back with a reply, so as consumer you cannot book if you want to go away instantaneously.As client you are unable to view online and book straight away, and by the time the agent replies, the deal/ promotion you as client viewed is no longer available( we were even told that it was the previous years promotion) and not available ( although we viewed it online, as part of recent promotions)
On Monday 25November we attempted
to get these problems sorted within 24 hours, ( 5 mnths went by and we needed to get an outcome)We emailed Vhi, spoke to agent Rozelle and Sandra, Marinda( so called officers/ management)but only got empty promises...each day went by without an answer. On Thursday 29 November( after 4 days/ not 24hrs)Sandra said she is sorting it out and she just needs a ‘gap', she was clearly procrastinating, once again, as they kept on asking details and proof of documents, which we already supplied before.
Friday morning around 9 o'clock, we asked an outcome, but she said it will be finalized by 13hoo on the day.
She failed to contact us and when we phoned, she was not available, Marinda then wanted to start the process from scratch, we were furious and not interested.Each time we communicated with them, they would ask for some document or voucher numbers, anything to delay!
As consumer, we are certain that it is some kind of a scam, because the complimentary vouchers were part of the sales pitch and if it is not honored, we would not like to continue with the transaction.
We cannot accept the misleading advertising of promotions :
-not available when you want to book
-not available for immediate online booking( agents are not online) and by the time an agent contacts you, it is after the period you planned a holiday for
-not honoring both International complimentary voucher holidays
- not honoring the complimentary local week end (during the 5 mnths which passed) and now making excuses for it being peak season
Please cancel the agreement with immediate effect and re- inburse all monies paid, within 48 hours

• Su
    Sue123456789 Jan 20, 2019

Similar complaints from me 😠

vacation hub international

Hi,

VHI contacted my mom to attend a presentation. Three weeks prior to this she received a membership number. Elsabe was very helpful to get my mom to attend and find the presentation room. Wesley Buchanan presented this dream to her as a reborn christian and without hesitation my mom signed on 23 August. An amount of R5, 700 was deducted from her credit card the same night. On 24 August my mom emailed the two enail addresses provided to cancel the contract and texted Elsabe with same. No one responded.
We email a Faranaaz Moller to cancel the contract with immediate effect and Now they gave us a quote of R6, 000 to cancel the contract which should be paid within 7 business days.
Do we pay this?
Please help on the way forward

vacation contract

We were invited to a presentation that sounded perfect. We were led to believe and we specifically asked if...

service that was presented is fraud

Vhi biggest scam in SA. First off all the presentation that was given that we can see in real-time saving...

I ve cancelled the contract within 5 days. struggle to get the refund of the deposit back

In June I was scammed at a meeting at Hans Merenskey club in Phalaborwa. I was promissed a income of 59000...

[Resolved] scam

ME Viva Warren We were invited to a presentation on the 10.10.2017. Errol vd Westhuizen and RusselHolfield...

failure to cancel contract

My husband and I attended a presentation on 16 May 2018 in Alberton. We were skeptical and asked lots of questions which our consultant Marlon answered but as it turns out they were all lies. I swiped my credit card for an amount of R5, 699.00. We were told that we receive 3 free holidays which they would sell and they would deposit the funds into my cheque account which i could utilise to pay off the credit card amount and a balance of about R20, 000.00. If I used the money i would need to pay a monthly amount of about R890.00 but if not NOTHING would be deducted from my cheque account. I told him that I cannot afford for any cash to be deducted from my account and he promised nothing would be deducted. He also told me that I have 30 days to cancel. I went home and felt uneasy so I went through the contract and decided to cancel. I sent an email request and registered mail letter to cancel membership on 18 May 2018. I tried to call them but I was unsuccessful. I sent a second email on 29 May 2018. they deducted R897.75 on 02 July 2018, which i reversed. They then deducted R1097.76 on 01 August 2018, which i again reversed. I called them on 03 August 2018 to asked them to stop the debits. A woman, Faranaaz, called me today, 06 August 2018 and then told me that the contract is legally binding and they apparently only received my registered letter on the 6th day of the cooling off period . they only accept registered mail cancellations. Surely this is not legal. They need to be stopped.

• Fa
    Fanie4444 Sep 08, 2018

Please contact me with your details. we are preparing a case file regarding Vacation hub international salespeoples promeises that is misleading as wel as not realizing cel zero seven nine eight nine 19489 or email [email protected] Thank you S Rheeder

I tried to cancel membership and withdraw from vacation hub international but cant. any advice on what I can do. please help

I was also caught in the scam by Vacation Hub International. I attended a presentation at Echo Lodge in St...

discount flights and accommodation

On the 16th april 2016 my husband and I attended a presentation in lenasi. We were told by marc our sale...

Cape Town Travel & Vacations

misled information. scammers

These Scammers told me at a presentation that if need to cancel the membership with them then I will lose R...

2 comments Johannesburg Hotels

promises was given just to get you signed up

In May 2017 I signed up with VHI. I did not want to do it but the Wesley promised me a week free holiday anywhere in the country. Now i want to use it there are only 4 places and only one is free. i am trying to phone them but get message that i have to do it on line Wesley gave me his number if I have any questions witch at the end was the office number that now states you have to go on line. I was also told that if I pay the outstanding amount before end of Dec 2017 there will be a discount. When I contacted the office they did not know anything about this and i was given an invoice with a lot of extra money that was due if i pay the outstanding amount.
Ek is baie omgekrap oor die situasie want wat vir ons gese is realiseer nie. Dit is n klomp gladde monde en vang jou vir n sucker. ek kry nerens antwoorde nie

contract termination a dawood member: 502358

My Name is Anver Dawood and I have been scammed into signing a contract with Vacation Hub International on...

misleading information

On 2017/10/12 I were invited to a presentation of VHI with the promise of a free holiday without any obligation or cost.
After everything about VHI was explained, Clement tried to convince me to become a member of VHI, with an opening amount of R5649.00 and a monthly payment of R802.00 for 12 months.
I told him several times I can't afford the opening amount or the monthly instalment, because I'm a pensioner. Then he asked I will accept the opening amount if it will go through as budget account on my credit card and a monthly instalment of R402.00 for 24 months (because I'm a pensioner).
I agreed to that. What I did not know, was that the budget application was declined by my credit card division and Clement had put the R5649.00 on my straight credit card.
By then the people for the next presentation were already waiting and Clement rushed me to sign the contract.
When I got home, I switch my phone on again and saw that the budget application was declined and the opening amount had gone through on my credit card.
Then I sit down to read the contract properly. To my shock the monthly amount was R805.00 and not R402.00 as promised and I can only cancel the contract after two years.
Now my financial situation is in dire straits and I don't know how I'm going to survive.
Hope you can give me any advice on how to proceed with this problem.
Thanks
Aletta Otto
Cell: [protected]

• Ap
    APeters Jun 19, 2018

Go to the National Consumer Commission's website and submit a complaint. I did so and the are busy with an investigation. The more complaints the better. They give you feedback to you on the progress. We were also ripped off.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices