Having problems with Wave Broadband?

Wave Broadband Customer Service Contacts

401 Parkplace Ctr Ste 500
Kirkland, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Wave Broadband Customer Service. Initial Wave Broadband complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Wave Broadband above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Wave Broadband. Discuss the issues you have had with Wave Broadband and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Wave Broadband Complaints & Reviews

Wave BroadbandWAVE internet service down for 8 days and counting

Our WAVE internet service went down after a storm knocked out the power here 8 days ago. I have called WAVE everyday, since the outage began. (our power was restored in 3 days). All of the neighbors on our street have Comcast and their internet service was restored the same day the power was restored, so they were down 3 days.
Then there is WAVE BROADBAND.
This is my experience with WAVE:
ON day ONE: I call WAVE technical support and let them know my service is out and the CABLE IS LYING IN THE ROAD. They give me an ETA of when service is expected to be restored (2 hours). The time comes and goes and they just change the time on the recording but they never come and fix anything. This goes on day after day after day. I keep calling daily to talk to WAVE "technical support" to try to get someone out here to fix the broken cable. They keep telling me "a crew" will be out. Finally, I beg them to set up an appointment which is 10 days out from when my WAVE service first went out. In utter frustration, I tweet them to try to get someone out here to fix the cable that's still LYING IN THE ROAD. This results in them sending a guy out who wants to come in my house to run a diagnostic on my equipment. (he has to drive over the cable lying in the road to get to my house). I tell him there's nothing wrong with my in-house equipment, THE CABLE IS LYING IN THE ROAD DISCONNECTED. He argues with me that he's getting some strange readings that say my equipment isn't working. I walk him up the driveway to show him the downed cable he just drove over and he says, Oh, your line is down. This will take a line crew to fix, I can't do that, I'm a technician.
Can you feel my pain yet?
After he leaves, I get an emailed service review survey from WAVE to find out how satisfied I am with my service appointment. When I click the link to respond and take the survey...wait for it...the link doesn't work.
Seriously.
I call and tweet again the next day...and still no service. My experience with WAVE BROADBAND SERVICE is a complete FAIL. They are the bottom of the barrel. 8 days with no service and counting.

Wave BroadbandCable TV

This is now the second year in a row where WAVE started removing available channels from my contract. Each year it has begun about three to four months from my contract expiration date. I get no notification beforehand. But instead I am suddenly told that I am not "authorized" to view such and such a channel; channels that I have had for months. Oddly enough, the channels they remove are the ones that I watch to most. This year WAVE has de-authorized me from at least five channels (my favorite channels), yet, my monthly payment never reflects that I am receiving less and less for what I'm paying. In fact, WAVE continues to increase my charges - almost on a monthly basis.

Wave BroadbandInternet billing

I am a 22 year loyal Wavecable customer who may be a former customer. About 3 years ago, my cable bill was increasing to the point that I chose to discontinue their cable service and go with Direct TV through Costco. I kept Wave internet and internet phone service. In Oct.2020, I noticed I was owing on my monthly bill although I thought I was current. Seems my discounts ended and I didn't renew them so my bill dramatically increased. I called them, had the discounts reinstated and paid the amount I owed. November bill showed up but had an additional $144 charge. I was told it was a charge for the digital receiver (that was removed 3 years prior). Why after 3 years am I charged AND if they took the receiver, why am I charged? Case was opened so I called them yesterday and was told the case was closed and they verified I owed them. Seems they can't find the receiver's S/N, so I must still have it. They took it 3 years ago. Now the charge is $158! What the hell? I'm not sure if I can take them to small claims court but I'm getting nowhere with their phone reps. 22 years and this is how they treat a long standing customer. I have perfect credit and this better not tarnish it. Anyone else have this problem and did you resolve it?

Dec 02, 2020

Wave Broadband — Fraudulent billing practices / unreasonable customer service problems

I am long-standing wave customer (dating back to Astound). Originally, I was enlisted by their VP as an...

Oct 07, 2020

Wave Broadband — Data allotments

Wave charged me an extra $15 on my bill Sept 26, 2020 as an overcharge for using more data than...

Wave BroadbandInternet service

Wave Broadband - Worst Service in the Country
        ====================================

I made an appointment two weeks ago to have internet installed on Thursday morning (August 27, 2020) between 8:00 a.m. and Noon. At 10:30 I received a call stating the tech was on his way. The tech never arrived. At 12:30 I called Wave Broadband and was told the tech had already been there. Not possible. At 1:00 p.m. I went to the Port Angeles Wave office and they apologized and told me the tech went to the wrong address. (B.S.)

The staff then said they would expedite my installation and that a tech would be at my house between Noon and 5:00 p.m. the next day (August 28, 2020). Again, no tech showed up and I got no calls. Worst service possible. Stay clear of this clip joint!

Wave BroadbandCustomer service

If their actual services performed as poorly as Customer Service or the website, there would be a mass exodus of customers. Phone calls to [protected] always result in a lengthy series of announcements followed by:
          We are experiencing an unusually high number of calls. Be prepared for a wait of 20 minutes to talk to an agent.

Then, the excuses for all problems are described as "issues related to a new billing system. At 9:30PM Pacific on Sunday, I waited 30+ minutes before hearing a live voice. That person was gravely untrained on how the WAVE system worked. When I wanted to pay my bill with a credit card, the agent said "Go to the Website". Seriously!!

I did just that and my payment has still not been applied to my account.
          The website refers to an OnLine Chat Option but four of us could not find a connection anywhere. Seriously!!

I guess the old adage about 'getting what you paid for' really applies with WAVE.

• Updated by [email protected] · Sep 01, 2020

I wrote this complaint several months ago. Wish that I could say that it has gotten better but that is exactly the opposite of my experiences. At5 :00PM Pacific time on 9/1/2020, I was informed that my Wait Time to Speak to a Representative would be 58 minutes.

I have always heard great stories about the parent company, TPG, and the companies they have acquired and managed successfully. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake.

But, the great ones find the problems and correct them quickly.

My problems have always been with their Customer Service Dept. no being accessible Unless you call at 3:00AM.

Meanwhile, the actual service in the field is Very Good.

Jul 11, 2020

Wave Broadband — Customer service lying regarding service

On 7/9/20 we lost cable tv service at 10:00 pm. I called tech support and had an extended waiting time, so...

Jan 23, 2020

Wave Broadband — wave tech installation of high speed internet and cable tv.

I guess that I am one of those rare people who does not like being charged for services that I am not...

Nov 19, 2019

Wave Broadband — internet service

I'm trying to get a service at a new address at 901 Larch Avenue South San Francisco and the representative...

Wave Broadbandinternet and cable services

My service was interrupted this afternoon after I had just made a payment 6 days ago. I had spoken to a representative and paid the amount I needed keep my services on, and was told that would be all I needed to pay until my next bill which is not even due yet! But now this afternoon 6 days later, my services are shut off, and they will not restore them unless I make another payment!! What?! How can that be correct? The supervisor I spoke with named Eddie was very rude and would not allow me to speak with anyone else or give me any information about filing a complaint, only that he would file a complaint against himself for me?! That seems so very unprofessional, and I was able to find this forum after searching the internet for myself! I would love to hear back from someone as i feel this is a mistake on Waves part and my services should be restored!

Wave Broadbandthe customer service department!!

My TV went off about 1:30pm, on 8-8-2019; I have been calling and calling; I been on hold so many times, I never was put through to the technical department; I would either get hung up on, or afterror holding so long I would hang up and call back, finally someone answered from customers service and told me I had to pay $300 and and they would turn it back on, it never happen so I repeated what I have been doing (calling ), then someone finally answered; I told them what happened and he said he would connect me the tech and I told him no that he has to take care of me because I'm tried of being on hold, he then said that I owe $240 for missing July payment, which he never explained the reason for the other payment, he was very rude and never gave me his name, and my conformation number; To me I think your company dogged me and just wanted more money, the first man that got the first payment said all I needed to do was pay $300, and the TV would be back on; never happen, If my apartment building used any other cable company I would sure leave this one!!!

Jul 22, 2019

Wave Broadband — high speed internet

I have been experiencing continuous dropped internet and/or extremely slow internet within the last couple of...

Wave Broadband — fraudulent billing practice

Last try before complaining to the FCC. I have mobility issues and rely on the cable broadcast of the...

Wave Broadbandinternet service provider

Today is November 21, 2015. Our Internet service has been malfunctioning for about 4-5 days. You have to wait over one half hour to get a customer service person on the phone. On their website, you must know your account number to register a problem. We pay online; don't have our account number! Name, address, phone should be enough. These are frequent, recurring problems. We would like our Internet to work reliably and our cable channels to be free of pixelating.

Wave Broadband — closed caption button on remote control

The complaint involves a health issue, because it involves hearing loss. The ability to use closed captioning...

Wave Broadband — internet speed

Speed problem for 1.5M&6M NOT for 10M&18M, Port Orchard, McCormick Wood. <br /> <br /> I have...