Optimum company logo
Optimum
reviews & complaints
Optimum
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

769 complaints
37 resolved 732 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Optimum reviews & complaints 1441 - 769

Optimum complaints 769

V
Oct 02, 2011

Optimum - I am left with an outstanding bill that was sent to a collection agency jeopardizing my credit

I canceled my service with Cablevision on May 8, 2009. I was billed for Service until June 25, 2009. Therefore I am left with an outstanding bill that was sent to a collection agency jeopardizing my credit. I called Cablevision several times, they would do nothing to rectify the situation. They stated that the only service that was disconnected on May 8 was my telephone. This is not true.

I believe calls are recorded...so try & get the call pulled. From 2009 though...not likely. Let me guess? This is the first you hear of the debt? Forget the fact that companies call, send mail (esp true with collections). Call the collections company &set up a payment plan...pay the debt & get on with your life

Optimum - billing

Optimum offered me back in March of 2010 a deal that if I subscribed to the "Silver Package" which included Showtime, Encore, and Starz I would receive a $50 rebate after 6 months. Well after the six months passed I call Optimum to enquire about my rebate and was told there was no record of it on file and I was s*it out of luck.

Now again I have been duped by them. They offered me "Gold Package" which inclues HBO, Cinamax, and the Movie Channel for an additional $20 a month. Well I received my bill the other day and instead of it going up an additional $20 it more then doubled. Last months bill was $114 and this month is a whopping $280. I guess we'll eat less this month to keep the cable company in business. When I called to correct the problem I was again told there was no record of any promotion.

So the bottom line is that whatever customer service tells you on the phone is subject to what they actually write down.
They cannot be trusted and hopefully someday will be sued for their unfair business practices.

Optimum - installment fee

This afternoon I called Cablevision to order a new Internet service. I received "a one-time installation fee of $19.95" on top of "a promotional/introductory rate of $29.95/month. The rep asked for...

ADVERTISIMENT

Optimum - misleading info.

I'm sure most people with Optimum Cable have experienced the cutoff of service to customers
over the last month in order to force people to have boxes installed for each tv in the house.
The misleading message suggests that the box is free. Read it carefully folks--only the postage is
free. At some point down the line you will be charged a rental fee for each box as well as for each
remote needed to work the box. This information is not disseminated unless you ask, which I did.
People are picking up the boxes and installing them thinking the free lunch is open ended. It's
not. Five satellite dishes have popped up on my block in the last week. It's the dishonesty and
misleading information that is causing people to switch.

Thanks for the info Moa, was wondering what happened my cable company sold out to Optimum my bill which use to be $107.69 seen an increase my new bill this month is $163.05 for their Triple pay, they charge me more and have taken away half of my Encore Channels, Their Internet Service is a Nightmare every time I try to connect I get a pop up that reads connection problem with server if this problem continues contact tech support.Seems really unfair that the old cable customers in good standing that have always paid their bills on time or early dont get the same rates that their new customers get.They dont seem to appreciate their loyalty from the old customers, it's all about getting new customers to replace the old so the new customers can get the same triple pay pkg.that I have for $89.95, that I have to pay over $151.for, with taxes & other things my total bill comes out to $163.05.Theres 2 other Cable Companies in my area so will be looking into their plans.Dont know about getting a Dish the rates seem to be alot better but it's a two yr.contract and I rent an Apt.At least with Dish you buy the Dish, Box and Remote, So you can avoid the rental rates optimum charges on their equipment.

Optimum - cablevision not honoring contract

04/24/11 i called to cablevision and had Mr.Brian giving me a deal:for 2 years i have all 3 services after all taxes for $135.72.I called to confirm appointment 04/29/11 and Mrs. Cristina added HBO...

M
Jun 18, 2011

Optimum - cablevision has been charging me hidden fees

Cablevision has been charging me hidden fees, I signed up with them about a month ago and got the 'Optimum Triple Play', they gave me a temporary phone number because they were porting my old phone number from Verizon to them, so a week later after I signed up with them they finished the installation and transfered my old number to the new service. They told me I wouldn't be charged for the temporary phone number but when my bill arrived I was charged for both numbers my old one and the temporary phone number. They charged me $29.95 + $19.32 partial month fee for both numbers. When the installation was complete I immediately called in and asked them to remove the temporary phone number which they claimed they did. Then when my bill arrived, they told me the temporary phone number was still there and I'm still gonna be charged for it. They asked me if I wanted them to remove it and I said wait a minute I thought weeks ago and they said no it's still on your line, you are paying for two lines. They asked if I wanted them to remove it and give me a refund and I said yes. So, I paid my bill and they excluded the additional charge for that temporary number which was $49.27 with the partial fee. Then when my next bill arrived it was there again. And what's this 'partial fee' that they consistently keep charging me for? I think they have a bad billing system because they keep charging me an additional $19.32 for OOL and OV, this was the second time they charged me for it.

Optimum - billing/new service

I am absolutely repulsed by Optimum. Like everyone else I was with Bresnan. I needed to add a phone line to my service so they had to switch me Optimum. The friendly sales associate explained that I would need to change the channel package that I currently had since Optimum did not have the same packages. No big deal, right? I signed up for a new channel lineup that was even a few dollars cheaper than my current package and added phone service. This was all going ONLY cost me $13.00 more a month on my monthly bill. The sales associate assured me that there were no hidden fees, install fees for the phone line or anything of the sort. The sale associate quoted that the new addition to the service would bring my monthly bill to about $130.00 total with taxes and fees. I naturally agreed. A few days later the service guy shows up and it takes him 3 ½ HOURS to install the new service because he was on hold with Optimum waiting for customer service to help him! I felt terrible for him but he finally finished. The new service has been fine however I have noticed a significant difference in the speed of my DSL. This is all just the beginning. I had trouble with Bresnan triple billing me on my auto-pay each month. It took 3 weeks to work it out and get a credit back to my account. I cancelled the auto pay and went back to paying manually each month since they obviously had too much trouble taking only one payment from me. A few weeks after the last billing issue is when I needed a home phone line and switched to Optimum. I received my first bill and it was $370.51. I was shocked. I called Optimum of course and was fed a line of crap about having to pay Bresnan AND Optimum partial monthly payments for switching my service AND they tacked back on that $215.00 credit that I had been given!! I spent HOURS on the phone with “customer service” trying to explain the issue to the sales associate. She just kept breaking down all the charges. No literally she just kept repeating all the charges and then had the nerve to say “I’m sorry you don’t understand.” I attempted to speak to a manager but the sales associate just kept repeating herself about the bill again and that she would mail me a breakdown. HAHAH!! #1 – the sales associates need to CAUTION people about the “charges” they are going to see on their bill that are completely bogus and be prepared to pay both Bresnan AND Optimum for at least one month and the Optimum bills another month in advance so you will need to pay that as well. I have been a long standing Bresnan customer and I am disgusted at the level of service they are now “providing”.

Amanda my understanding was that Bresnan sold out to Optimum, they raised my rates to about $160.00 per month for their triple play service which really leaves alot to be desired, their internet is not only slow but they shut me down when i'am on there doing things, they took away alot of my channels and replaced them with Cartoons. I will be changing to Qwest for my Triple Play Package needs, very soon like this week!

F

Optimum - triple play hidden fees

Optimum - customer service

1) I was told on the telephone when signing up for their "triple play" that I would not need to purchase any additional equipment. When the technicians arrived I was informed that my wireless router, which we discussed on the phone and was assured was compatible, was not compatible and would need to purchase an Optimum router for $100. Calls to Customer Service Department were a waste of time.

2) Optimum forgot to contact my telephone provider to tell them I was switching to Optimum and to discontinue service and dispatch my land line phone number to them. I now have to take another half day off from work next week so the Optimum techs can come out again to install the digital telephone, which they had assured me they would do today.

3) Following installation of digital internet (which they managed to accomplish), high-def, digital TV no longer works. Optimum refused to send the techs back out to fix the problem - told me I had to wait a week and half to fix the TV when they come out to fix the telephone.

I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor and was repeatedly denied. This is the worst customer service from any business I have ever experienced - so much wasted time and rude reps.

I registered my product and when I went to sign in on the game it said I was not registered.

I call optimum for service, after I lost internet and tv service was on and off after storm, back in June, 2017. the technician show up 2 days later, to the wrong address and optimum charged me for it, I call in asking for the technician and they replay with, I have lost their time and I was getting charged for it, they review and saw I have service agreement so they waive the service charge and try to reschedule, second service call could fix the problem, so ask to reschedule, I declined, because I was call in military orders, I ask to cancel my service, I did return all equipment to their office and I have a received for it, leave the country and returned 6 weeks later, my house is under renovation and is no electricity, I got and email from optimum charging me $874 for service. call in and ask why the charge if I don't even have a TV, cable going in to the house or any of their equipment, 3, 20 year old, supervisors trying to tell me that I still have service, and I will be continue be charged again . so how can I cancel a service I don't get, to a house I don't leave, to a cable box I don't have ?? and who can disconnect this service / customer service was notified, technical support was notified, and billing department too. .. what a great way to tread our vets, and Service members, I wonder if this is a common practice for optimum, I like to think, yes. now I have a collection on me for something I CANT EVEN CANCEL, , , , ..!! HELP ANYONE ??

Optimum - horrible customer service and negligence

I've had Cablevision service for a few years now, and subscribe to internet, tv, and phone. In the mean term, I've had horrible customer experience and service, and would switch in a snap if someone...

E
Mar 03, 2011

Optimum - fraudulent billing practices

I have been with Optimum or Cablevision since September 2010. I have had issues with their service but nothing that rose to outrageous like the call I got last night on Thursday, 2/16 at around 9PM. The woman called and said that a previous tenant in the same building owed them monies from two or more years ago and that their were adding this to my account. Sure enough today I went online and Cablevision added $400 to my account. Unbelieveable but true. This company is not consumer friendly and takes the attitude the customer is never right. Buyer beware of Cablevision!

C

Optimum - removal of gsn channel (gameshows)

I pay $114/mon the cable and it included the gameshow channel GSN...many of us feel this was a FAMILY channel not a SPORTS channel. This month Cable and/or GSN owners have decided to remove from the...

Optimum - Fraudulent charges

Optimum - took off gsn!

I can't believe that you took off one of my favorite channels and now want me to pay an additional $6.75 a month to an already too expensive bill. So I guess ... I can now deduct $6.75 from my...

K
Jan 29, 2011

Optimum - reduced service increase prices

It was bad enough when they moved ESPN Classic to a charge just as the basketball world championships were on but now to transfer GSN to a premium is the final straw. They keep raising prices and reducing service.

I bill $ 300, 00 plus every month and this is getting ridiculous.

When we lost service because of the problems with Channel 5 and were unable to view much of the baseball playoffs, once again no action on Cablevisions part.

When I talk to them all I get is what a great job they are doing and how they add features at no charge therefore they can reduce services accordingly.

Time to look to Fios.

Please write a complaint and send to both addresses below. It's more effective if they see it in writing. I just sent mine and I have 6 others writing in their complaints as well.
Cablevision Complaints
6 Corporate Drive
Melville NY 11747

AND

Cablevision Systems Corp.
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714

A

Have you ever heard the Sesame Street song...one of these is not like the others...well of all the channels in this Sports Pak, GSN is the only non-sport channel. Why would Cablevision move it? It makes no sense. I trying to look into FIOS, but at this time its not available in my area. I would opt for DirectTV, but my building won't allow fixtures. I'm stuck for now, but if these service cuts and moves continue I'll soon rid myself of Cablevision. I'll return to Verizon for internet and telephone and watch TV on my PC.

Pay up old lady - that's basically what they told my mom. Cablevision is out of touch with their viewers. The majority of viewers watching this network are elderly and on fixed income. GSN does not belong as a premium channel and certainly does not belong as part of a sports package. Family Basic is now less channels same price.

I am very upset that my cable bill keeps increasing and I am watching stations that were part of the package disappear. How can Cablevision get away with this? When I called and complained that I feel I should not have to order and pay for a station GSN that I already had as part of a package, and when I complained that Cablevision keeps dropping stations that were part of a package, I was told that I was notified of this on my bill. OK Cablevision, Why didn't you replace GSN with something else? Why am I now looking at a blue screen with your telephone number on it telling me I can subscribe, and (pay) for something I was, and I am still paying for. I don't want a sports package. If your going to remove a station that was part of a package deal you offered me when I subscribed to Cablevision, then lower my bill because you took something away that was part of the deal. It's time for all the unhappy Cablevision customers to look into other carriers all at once, and drop Cablevision as we've been cheated enough.

Optimum - fox 5

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND FOX 5 WAS NOT ON, I ENJOY FOX IN THE MORNING BUT
OPTIMUM DROPPED IT, ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT SERVICE SUCKS, AND THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR EVERY
LITTLE THING, I AM GOING TO DROP OPTIMUM TODAY AND WATCH FOX 5 FOR FREE AN REGULAR TV.
IF I WANT TO SEE A MOVIE I WILL RENT ONE OR BORROW ONE FROM FAMILY OR FRIENDS, THIERS PLENTY OF THEM, SO ALL IN ALL I'M GOING TO SAVE A HECK OF ALOT OF MONEY.
MIKE, PATCHOGUE

Optimum - pooooor service

It took 3 weeks and 7 service calls to actually get Optimum Online Cablevision out to my house for installation of internet and TV Service, when they finally did show up they showed up on the wrong day and I had to send my Father there, just so that he could drill a hole in my wall before realizing that he had to go to my basement to ground it and then he wasnt able to do that. Customer service is HORRIFIC...The Tech, barely speak English and are so unprofessional its not even funny. The worst experience EVER. This is exaclty why VERIZON can charge so much, because never had any problems with them.

OPTIMUM ONLINE/CABLEVISION NY SUCKS.

Optimum - the worst customer service in the universe

I have tried and tried to disconnect the phone service of my package and for months. Three different times after being on hold for 20+ minutes at a time and 3-4 attempts each time, I got an individual who would try to convince me to keep the service and then finally said they would disconnect it. Then the next month my bill would still include phone service. It is October and I have been trying since May. I stopped paying the bill for 2 months and then finally talked to a very pleasant sounding woman named Tima at ext #2257 in August who said she wanted to help me but my account needs to be current. She said if I paid that day she could credit my account back to May for the phone portion. So I did and she didn't. Two weeks ago I stormed into a local office who claimed they couldn't help me but then after I walked out they wiped out all the notes from my account. So now when I call CS, there is no history of me ever trying to disconnect or ever talking to Tima, etc. I could scream and feel like I need a lawyer to deal with these people.

A
Nov 07, 2008

we have the triple package deal, tv internet and phone.
everytime we get a call to the house the internet disconnects, why? and how can we fix this problem, its been happening for a while now. thanks. an email response would be highly recommended

5/21/2014
I had Optimun services for a few years now and yesterday i called to down grade. I spoke to someone name shade and she was teh worse. no costumer services skills, seems to hate her job and very unfriendly. I ended my services with optimum becuase they do noy value their customer and they prices are ridiculous. I kept the internet services and come home today to find out that the internet was not working becuase this customer services person cut it off as well. overall i not recomemded Optimum to no one.

DO NOT GET Optimum Online!!!
Just got off the phone with Optimum and they have the rudest customer service I’ve come across in a very long time. First, their internet doesn’t work on my wireless modem (Boost doesn’t get close to the promised speed!). Now 3 weeks to do a number change which they told me would take a week at best. Non of their services has lived up to expectation and my patience is running out!

T
Nov 22, 2008

I do not have phone service but i have tv and internet????why

E
Nov 07, 2008

Call them and they will send someone to check or replace your modem.

Optimum - deliquent account status

Account #-1=[protected] Ref#[protected] I received a letter yesterday from the Collection Agency noted above stating this account was in "seriously overdue". This is do to the...

Optimum - poor customer service, poor conflict resolution

We experienced a problem with Optimum when we were misinformed by an Optimum Representative in regards to billing and payments. We were under the impression that we had an additional 2 days to make our payment of 160. (We asked for a 2 day extension) 2 days later when we called to make our payment the automated system reflected that payment was owed in the amount of 320.

We called to speak with a representative to find out what the problem was. It turns out that within the 2 days another bill had generated. The representative explained that it is not Optimum's policy to grant and extension and that first rep may not have had enough training.

At this point it wasn't feesible for us to pay the 320 we only had enough to pay the 160. We have 3 children and alot of other monthly expenses it seems like we can barely make ends meet.

We ask to speak to a supervisor so that we can try to pay the 160 and avoid having our services interupted. We were told by the supervisor that there was nothing that she could do because everything is done by the computer and there is no way they can override it. After about a half hour of my complaining about how I feel as though they are def 100% liable for any information or misinformation given by one of their employees. The supervisor speaks with her manager who tells her that Optimum will pulll the phone record and try to resolve the issue at hand. She informs me that this proceedure should take about 4-5 business days. I felt relieved because I thought that things were looking promissing. Once they pull the phone call they can see that everything is just as we said and we can go ahead pay the 160. go on wiht our service and be find. NO. :(

4-5 days come and go, still no word from Optimum. Around or about the 10th business day we contact them (at this point service had been interupted) The rep that we speak to that day has told us that they still have not pulled the record and need a little more time maybe another 4-5 business days.

From this point we get lots of calls from Optimum. LOL none of which relate to the issue at hand they want payment in the amount of 346.54, not even the 320. that they said was due when we called to make the payment for 160. Imagine how upset this made me knowing that we have been customers for about 2 yrs never missed a payment and they show such a lack of respect, they made no effort to resolve the issue what so ever because they knew that they would be responsible had they pulled that phone call.

I didn't care if it took them 3 yrs to pull the phone call they weren't getting my 320 with out informing me that they pulled that call. It's just a matter of principle. My fiance on the other hand was going through withdrawal from not seeing any ESPN. So he finally calls in to pay the 320 and get it over with. Easy right? NO

They inform us that in order to get the service restored that we would need to pay 550 in order to have our service restored. Mind you we were only interupted for 2 wks. It turns out that they sent someone out to turn disconnect the service from the poll. Why they would do something like that when there were notes in the account that it was on hold waiting for an issue to be resolved is beyond me. I could even understand them sending someone out if it had been a full month without service. It is amazing how a payment of 160 went to a paymetn of 550 within 2 -3 wks. Amazing.

Now even more infuriated than the last time. I ask to speak to a supervisior. Once she gets on the phone I give her detail for detail and explain that all we have been trying to do was make our payment. Even pointing out that fact that if the first representative would have informed us that there was no way possilbe for us to get an extension that we would have borrowed the money in order to avoid interuption. We should not be responsible for reconnection fees and additional month charges. She tells me that everything is run by computer and there is nothing that she can do. Determined to get somesort of justice I continue to talk to the supervisor until we are on the phone now for a little over an hour. She then says she will talk to her manager. When she returned to the phone she informed me that they could waive the additional month charge but that would be all. I was not thrilled but felt a little relieved instead of paying the 550 we had to pay 364.00 which is less than 550 but still more than 320 and a whole lot more than 160.

All I have to say is that they are professional rip off artist. I just recieved my new bill today. You can only imagine the BS that they are trying to charge us for. Oh boy here we go again...

Also they charge 12.25 for chanels 2-20 which are public broadcast stations and are free. They find a way to make money with every oportunity they see. They don't respect us as individuals but with enough people united they will have no choice to pay attention. If you have an issue be sure to put it in writting and send your complaints directly to the company also contact the BBS or contact your local Board of Public Utilities

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Optimum; I have had very similar. The "Customer Service" Department isn't one per se, but more an outlet to sell products and services to new, uninformed customers. If you are an existing customer with a problem, they couldn't care less and will do everything in their power to make you go away (which is to say they will do nothing or further complicate the issue). One suggestion I have is not to call the regular customer service number, but to call Jonathan, a Customer Service Supervisor directly; his number is [protected]. He won't do anything, but at least you'll feel a bit better about letting someone a little higher up know how you feel.

1  ...  36 37 38 39