Menu
Home Travel & Ticket Agencies OneTravel unacceptable flight schedule change

OneTravel review: unacceptable flight schedule change

G
Author of the complaint
1:41 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern:

I have booked a return flight from Auckland (NZ) to Berlin (Germany) via ONE TRAVEL, booking #[protected].

According to the original itinerary issued on 25 March 2018, travel times were 27h (onward flight) and 25h15m (return flight), and layover times (KUL) - 2h10m and 2h5m respectively. The original itinerary is attached (attachments 1-3).

On 5th April, I have received an e-mail notice from One Travel, that my itinerary is not valid anymore. In the new itinerary, travel times were 5h30m (onward flight) and 9h (return flight) longer than in original itinerary, with layover times (KUL) 3h45m and 16h25m(!) respectively (copy is attached).
In this notice, below the title: "This is your old schedule, which is no longer available", a schedule was exposed, which did not correspond to my original itinerary (travel times 31h55m and 29h55m instead of 27h and 25h15m respectively).

I immediately contacted OneTravel and declared, that it is unacceptable to change the itinerary adding 14 hours airport waiting time.
The tickets with this type of itinerary at the time I booked my ticket were in average 400-500 hundred dollars cheaper.

In response to my letter, a member of OneTravel email customer support team, Terrell, has informed me that schedule change is a normal phenomenon in Airline operations and requested to contact your schedule change department (Phone Number: [protected]).

I found this reply unsatisfactory as I did not receive any guarantee for a new itinerary to be appropriate relative to the ticket price (paid in full).

I have asked Mrs Terrel to suggest me an alternative option with less waiting time or arrange a hotel accommodation at the Airport and meal vouchers.

I have asked Mrs Terrel to provide me with the paragraph in OneTravel Terms and Conditions with the statement that OneTravel is allowed to voluntary change itinerary with 14 hours more airport waiting time after the reservation in completed and all charges are fully paid.

I have also asked her to provide me with the paragraph in OneTravel Terms and Conditions with the statement that the company is allowed to offer the following:

"If you chose not accept any new option, there is no guarantee that the airline will offer you another option and you may lose the entire value of your non-refundable ticket(s)",

because, to my understanding, it looks like a breach of common conditions.

Unfortunately, I neither received an appropriate itinerary nor any information requested.

On 7 April I have received a message (signed Matthew) with a new itinerary, in which, in addition to the ridiculous 16h25m layover time (KUL), the departure date from Auckland has been changed, which was completely unacceptable.

On 8 April I have received second notice with the new itinerary identical to those received in the message from 7 April. In this notice, my "old schedule", again, did not correspond to my original itinerary (copy is attached)

I am asking OneTravel to provide me with an appropriate travel schedule, which would correspond to the price paid for the ticket I have booked on 25th March.

Sincerely yours,

Olga Ganeshina

View 0 more photos
Update by Ganeshina
Apr 14, 2018 1:53 am EDT

To whom it may concern:

because, to my understanding, it looks like a breach of common conditions.

Sincerely yours,

Olga Ganeshina

More OneTravel complaints & reviews

OneTravel - no refund for cancelled flights
OneTravel - scammers
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
OneTravel - don't use them
OneTravel - they r burglars!
OneTravel - changed time a flight after booking on march 17 2011 at 21:37pm