Nicor Gasshut off our service

I gave nicor medical documents emailed to them from our doctor. when finally aproved, i called for service to be turned on .I told them i would give them 100.00 july 3 and i did.There was no conversation made of any payment agreements. i was just told to give as much as i could to get down my balance of 720.On august 5 i made another payment of 100.00.On august 6 in the dark wiyhout any warning they shut off our gas.when i called to complain they told me the representive told me to make arrangements for a payment plan.This never happenen . they never told me that, only to make payments to get my balance down.they turned me off for no reason and want the full balance.I need help against this discusting company.