Nicor GasBudget Plan Rip-off

K

A few months ago, I saw a balance at the top of the statement which I believed would be apart of reassement for the next year. I was of course expecting our gas bill to go up to some degree since we were not living in the house. Then, I recieved a bill that I owed 500 plus dollars RIGHT away (in fact, it was PAST DUE). This large amount some how just got plopped on me without any advanced notice. I saw this was to be impossible because I always paid (as a budget plan SHOULD be) on time with the same amount. I never got a letter stating otherwise, or that our gas reading had been reevaluated. After looking online and talking to our own mortgage broker, he was not surprised at this occurring. It appears the budget plan is a way just to screw over many customers who are trying to simply pay their bills as it was presented ON TIME.

When I emailed Nicor about this, I recieved a short reply from a rep stating because I was "PAST DUE" on this huge amount of nowhere, they can simply take me off the budget plan. Really??? You can just screw people over whenever you want? This is quite amazing since A) I was not informed properly via mail or email of any changes or late payments and B) I NEVER missed an actual payment! It is not like I completely blew off the monthly payment!

I really don't know who will read this or even care. I was told I probrably would get another short response that :That is how the budget plan works and I must pay."

To me, it has just been a terrible experience dealing with Nicor for these past few months. I have been left feeling confused not even certain after my "payment arrangement" ends, what heck my monthly gas payment will be. No one really knows I guess?! Perhaps, I will get tacked with another huge bill noted as PAST DUE!

It is not the proper way to run a business and treat customers. Now, I am on my some payment plan where my payments when to around 70 dollars a month to 200 for last four months to "make up" for my past due payment. As a concerned customer who did not want to this to show on a credit report, I am making these payments. I am planning on disputing this since it was ALREADY showing on my credit report! This never should have been reported anyway.