Netspend Corporation / debt bankcard

United States Review updated:

After moving to my new address on February 23, 2019 I began the process of updating my information. This included my mailing address, driver's license, and utilities for the apartment. When I tried to update my Netspend information online my account was locked and I could not access my pay check for that time period. The total dollar amount is $1,345.78 cents. Over the following weeks I submitted the required information, social security card, driver's license photo, copy of my new lease, utility bills for my new address, etc... etc.

Finally, on April 1, I was told by CSR Juan that Netspend would refund my money in the form of a check that the check would go out tomorrow on April 2, 2019 by UPS. It is now April 21, 2019 and I still have not received my money. My last call to Netspend I spoke to Lania who confirmed that I would received the money by April 16, 2019. Lania also went on to state that if I have not received the check after 15 days that Netspend would stop payment and investigate to see if the check has been cashed. After their investigation they may reissue another check.

I find it very disappointing that Netspend has not been able to refund my deposited paycheck. Due to their uncooperativeness I had to change banks and they will not consider sending my money via electronic direct deposite to my new bank. I don't understand how a On Line Business can not return my money the same way they received. How can I expedite this situation that may lead to my eviction from my current apartment? Please help...[protected]@outlook.com

Al
Apr 22, 2019

Comments

• Al
      Apr 27, 2019

You should file a complaint with the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance. They may have a limited inpact on the Netspend but it may get their attention to resolve their refund practices.