NetflixThe last agent made me quite frustrated

I May 12, 2020

I have been in communcation with your customer service both through chat and speaking with two different agents on the phone. The last agent made me quite frustrated. She gave me her name as Christine and her id as 10392. She also said the conversation was recorded so you can probably listen to the entire conversation on that record.

I had a Netflix account. I do not ever remember setting up that account or using it. However, since it has been in existence for so long, I am not asking for a refund that goes back to the beginning of the account. However, I moved in March 2018 and know, for a fact, that I have not used the account since then. Whenever I try to login to Netflix on the tv or online to see if I have an account I have been told I do not have an account. In my chat today the agent checked the email being used for that account and, while he would not say what it was, he verified it was not either of the two emails I have ever had. So, someone has been fraudelently been using my account. That chat agent credited me one month's fee and told me I had to go through my bank for any other refunds. He then closed my account.

I called my bank who said they could not resolve it unless I filed a fraud claim which I did not want to do to Netflix since the account has been on record for so long and I can not prove that I did not open the account initially. So the bank transfered me directly to Netflix live representative.

I explained my situation to the agent and she transfered me to Christine. To get to the point, Christine told me that Netflix could not refund me any money because the account has been closed (which I did because the chat agent suggested doing so.) Then, about this point in the conversation I could not understand her because her phone was breaking up. Her response to that was that she couldhear me which is good but doesn't mean I could understand her. She refused me any options to get back to her or for her to call me. She basically told me that this is Netflix' policy and I had to live with it.

I am completely apalled by your customer service. Please look into this issue and respond to me.

Irene Muzio
650.302.1903

• Cw
    cwtpc May 13, 2020

The reason they weren't able to refund you for months further than the last payment won't have been that the account was closed, but that the account had been used up till recently. It's not necessary for you personally to actually prove anything if your card had indeed been used without permission, you can ask a Netflix agent to send you a fraudulent charges form which you can take to the police when reporting the unauthorized use of your card. They can then contact Netflix for information for their investigations. Doing so, you're not accusing Netflix of fraud, but reporting that someone used your card without permission to open an account. You were instructed by both Netflix and the bank to report this to the police and then get back to the bank, it's up to you to follow this procedure through the correct channels.

Although, having said that, if this was the only unauthorized charge you've had going from your card and no other unauthorized purchases, it's very likely the account was set up by yourself or a family member.