MyPrepaidCenter.comproblem with charges

L

I have a $25 Discover gift card and used it at a restaurant, the server stated that there was on $20.83 left on my never used $25 gift card. I called the Discover number and was told by the Discover CSR that Discover holds back 20% to 50% on cards used at server business (like a restaurant) in case there is a discrepancy with the gratuity. The CSR also told me that if there is no discrepancy, that the $4.17 withheld will be refunded 7 days after the card was used. WHAT DOES DISCOVER HAVE TO DO WITH THE TIP I LEAVE FOR MY SERVER!!! DISCOVER IS, IN REAL LIFE, WITHHOLDING MONEY THAT IS MINE!! Not only is this wrong, I think it may be criminal! If someone takes your money without permission, it is called theft!

• Updated by Kamal Kishore Seth · Oct 04, 2018

my card no [protected] expiring on 12/18
    name on the card KUNAL SETH is not working
    What is the balance

• Updated by eleanor dunkavich · Feb 14, 2019

nothing but garbage with this so called gift card

• Updated by eleanor dunkavich · Feb 14, 2019

why do they send invalid gift cards?

• Updated by LiciaLynn · Dec 25, 2019

I should note that I received the card after getting new tires at America’s tire. It’s for $70. It expired in May 2019 and it was received shortly prior. Isn’t California supposed to have protections against the value of cards completely expiring? I put it away to give to my son as a Christmas gift and as I’m packing it tonight on Christmas Eve I’m realizing that it’s expired. Seems wrong for a company to have no way to contact them and for cards to expire so shortly after they received. I’d like to have a new card issued.

• Updated by Aqeel Talib · Jan 24, 2020

My account is locked due change of my password,

• Updated by Aqeel Talib · Jan 24, 2020

My account locked and there is no one to contact

JasJessLes Feb 08, 2021

You are unable to speak to anyone and it will not activate my card. I tried calling and it just hangs up on me. I tried to activate online and continues to tell my the expiration date is invalid, when in fact it is not invalid. This is really frustrating to continue trying to figure out this one little step just so I can use my card.

• Cy
    Cynthia tartet Dec 01, 2020

I had used my card on 11/22/20 at 11:26 was at Roses in ashland va. shopping went check bill came up to 489.65 only took off 7.51 and at the same time someone in another state was using my card to place a order thu northstrum guess how spell it for the amount of 682.00 and also tried for 34.00 after wards come you please get in contact with me about this matter because i paid for the purchase from my checking account it is for christmas [protected]. Email [email protected]

• Po
    pomdter Sep 01, 2020

Registered a gift card. Tried to use it online, merchant rejected it because "billing address doesn't match" can't fine anyway to fix it on their web site, and their phone numbers are just automated loops that only let you check balances. Is this site a scam??

• Ky
    Kycorner111 Aug 31, 2020

I am trying to activate my card and cannot get it confirmed!! I have tried over a dozen times 're doing passwords etc with no luck. Calling the number on the back of the card, one cannot get to a representative!!

Shaly24 Feb 29, 2020

I received this prepaid card as reward from employer and I cannot activate although I've tried numerous times through the 1888 number it keeps telling my my information is incorrect although I can assure you I have entered it correctly repeatedly this is starting to become very inconvenient. Tried online and it doesn't let me create and account?!?

• Aq
    Aqeel Talib Feb 01, 2020

My account has been locked so I can't access to my master card, it's happening due to the changing my password.
    I can't call support center because I don't a plastic one, I hope I can't contact any one to solve my issue

Comments

• Ke
    Kenmc Jan 20, 2020

Received a pre paid card from a tire rebate. The card is CSW Service Works with no mag strip or card number. When activated, balance is $40.00
    I have attempted to use card several time. No place will take card. Please respond.
    Ken McNeece, [protected].

• Dh
    Dhiren Popat Jan 20, 2020

Hi team

My prepaid card is not working post activating on site as well
    I tried and multiple website and none of the website has accepted

please do reach out to me to resolve the issue

• Si
    SimpleCustomer Jan 20, 2020

I received my prepaid card with an expired expiration date. Trying to contact anyone via any of the numbers provided is a virtual loop. All the numbers go to the same automated voice with no option to speak with a human.

• Jp
    JPKC002 Jan 19, 2020

I have an expired Rebate reward debit mastercard I am trying to get reissued. I have attempted to reach customer service by all published means. I cannot reach a rep to discuss and the website nor the customer service phone number provides a means to get a card reissued. Any help would be appreciated.

Jojajuch Jan 12, 2020

Unable to activate online and over the phone

• Vi
    Vijay_kk Jan 11, 2020

Hi,

My MyPrepaidCenter account was locked in-spite of giving correct username and password. I tried resetting the password (which succeeded), however I am not able to login. I have contacted the customer care with case number CS1719371. But no progress so far.

Thanks
    Vijay

Comments

Sasan Pasha Jan 08, 2020

my original prepaid card is expired and calling any numbers on the website doesn't get me to a live agent to resolve the matter. this is extremely disappointing as there is no CS representative to deal with card issues. not all the cases are automated - use your brain guys.

please reach out to me at [email protected] to resolve the issue.

• Wi
    wilmanchu Jan 08, 2020

Hello, terribly sorry to file a complaint here. I need information on an expired card and possible issuance of a new one. I can't get through to talk to anyone. The number on the back is solely a voice recording machine. And unfortunately, the costumer service number [protected] no longer exists?
    Please help.
    Thanks,
    Dan

• Bo
    Bob Carleton Jan 05, 2020

I have an expired Visa Card from MyPrepaidCenter.com. Attempted to contact via numbers provided on Award Card and no options to speak to a person. Wish to contact a representative to obtain $100 award amount.

Robert Carleton
    22532 Skyview Cir
    Brooksville FL 34602

Award Card
    Visa
    Expired 11/19

• We
    wepiii Jan 04, 2020

Card does not work anywhere, and there is no customer service available. Basically just stole $100.

• Li
    LiciaLynn Jan 02, 2020

I received a redemption gift card for getting new tires that expired shortly after it was received. There's no way to speak to customer service to follow up or lodge a complaint.

• Da
    David Woo Dec 25, 2019

Your [protected] has been DOWN all day today, December 17!! How are your customers expected to reach you?? The error message is that your systems are under maintenance. This is a telephone system, not a computer network. What maintenance could there be? Seriously, down for maintenance during CORE BUSINESS HOURS?!

• Cg
    cgunn Dec 25, 2019

I have tried for days to activate my rebate card from discount tire yet when I dial the number it says its down for maintenance and the website loads to a blank screen. I don't understand how you are supposed to get anything done when you cant reach anyone

• Li
    Libby Conder Dec 25, 2019

I have attempted to contact Customer Service, but there is no way to talk with a person. And the physical mailing address on the website is incomplete!

Please help with a replacement card that is expired. The card was lost in a move and we would like to have a replacement.

Thank you!

Libby Conder

• Ra
    Ray Kaforey Dec 09, 2019

11/30/19: Unable to activate any of the 2 VISA PP Debit cards I received from Direct Energy although I followed all instructions to the tee many times. Tried calling the number under 'contact us' only to be told that my cards do not match their records & there is NO WAY to reach a human representative. I want new cards that work. [email protected]

• Fo
    fooocomeon! Nov 27, 2019

have a $20 rebate card from chevy certified services & can't get anything on the website or phone #'s to activate! getting pretty pissed off here! send me a check!

• To
    Tomac47 Nov 23, 2019

$50 S&W PrePaid Card received 11/13/19 won't activate online or via phone, please advise, this has been rather frustrating. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Thomas C McClimans

• 38
    388 Nov 09, 2019

Their site clearly states that expired card can be reinstated but do not believe it.
    They'll just tell you that there is 0 fund in the card and they can't do anything about it

• Cs
    csosa Oct 28, 2019

I have two prepaid mastercards for $100 each. I had misplaced them and they expired (04/19). Despite multiple attempts for the past several months to reach someone to obtain updated cards, I have only been able to contact the automated services. How do I obtain new cards, I want access to my $200.

MaxB3856 Oct 27, 2019

My Workstride $100 Discover rewards card expired on 7/19. I would like to get another re-issued. I can't believe the website does not have the ability to handle expired reward cards. I have tried going through the website with no avail. My initial search on Google led me to here. Please help.

• Ca
    Caleb Perry Sep 25, 2019

So I got 500$ and I did not see the expiry date on it so I lost 500$ and I called them and they said " oh sorry you should of spent it before". At that is actually illegal to do that.

• Te
    Texdan Sep 21, 2019

I have a Prepaid Mastercard that had been misplaced and just found today. Card had expired 08/19 so less than 2 weeks ago with a remaining balance of appx. $34. Called to get another card re-issued and was told funds are no longer available. That is NOT what the web site states. Very shady practices and another among many disgrunted customers.

• Jt
    jtbaker1 May 27, 2019

i have tried to use this card several times without sucess. have tried to reach card holder services many and reset pin number, or activate card somehow with no results.
    i feel this card is atotal ripoff!

JackTim May 21, 2019

this is more of a cry of help. I read that this card can be used to pay a bill. my bills are paid through my bank but the bank told me that the card is only good for instore purchases? the banks I inquired at were TD and Meridian. Thank you for your help.

Joseph Ouellette Apr 21, 2019

I received my visa debit card today, I went on on line to activate it and I cannot seem to get through to completion of activtion. it says" OOP SOMETHING WENT WRONG."
    it's from MyPrepaidCenter.com . I need your help, contact me.
    Joseph Ouellette
    183 Broad Street
    Plainville, Connecticut 06062
    [protected] or [email protected]

Sharla M Parry Apr 08, 2019

Trying to activate my prepaid gift card from my phone company and cannot even get into the website to activate it. So pretty much makes the card useless.

What a joke this company is. Why tell you to activate it through a website?
    Most cards you call Visa or Mastercard.

Will be making a complaint to the company that sent it to me.

• Ta
    Talia Benson Apr 08, 2019

I received a prepaid VISA card from JCPenney in the mail. The instructions told me to go to myprepaidcenter.com but their website is down and I'm unable to activate my card. I will have to try calling them to see if I can activate it that way.

• Ca
    Cardoors2008 Apr 07, 2019

I bought 4 tires and as a part of a promotion was suppose to be issued a $100 visa card and when went to go use it at several different places and online the card was declined so i go online to look up the balance and it shows $0. I dont understand how this can be when the card was declined and nothing was charged can someone please look into this

• El
    eleanor dunkavich Feb 26, 2019

they sent me an invalid visa prepaid card I got a physical at the drs. office and was supposed to get a gift card for twenty five dollars. Try to enter it and was told invalid. Does not expire till 2020 Nothing but a pain. can not get any where to enter it or no phone numbers to call.

• Ha
    HateCrappyBusinesses Nov 04, 2018

Thank God My Company Changed Gift Card Companies...
    Charge a fee if you don't use, then charge a fee to reissue...my $50 gift cards ended up being $23.15 even though it says on the front of each card-"FUNDS DO NOT EXPIRE"
    I guess you always get to keep the card to remember which brand you never want to give business to!
    Gift Cards are a SCAM!!!

Shana Jackson Nov 04, 2018

No stores on the list except the card

• Ka
    Kamal Kishore Seth Oct 15, 2018

my card no [protected] expiring on 12/18
    name on the card KUNAL SETH is not working
    What is the balance

Sallie Smith Aug 21, 2018

I received the card in lieu of a check from ThredUp for sending them my unwanted apparel items. They sold several and instead of taking credit at their site I chose the prepaid Visa Card. Now I can't activate it.

• Su
    Subhas Seelochand Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for refunding the balance or advise me on how to redeem the remaining balance.
    My card number is [protected] expiration 02/18. My name is