Having problems with Motorola?

1300 138 823 (Australia)
1803 852 2246 (Indonesia)
1800 817 032 (Malaysia)
1800 1855 0288 (Philippines)
1800 021 0000 (Mexico)
+1 800 734 5870 (United States)
+44 333 999 7550 (United Kingdom)
+64 508 668 676 (New Zealand)
+32 27 001 660 (Belgium)
+852 81 181 717 (Hong Kong)
+65 800 852 6007 (Singapore)
+82 798 8521 8264 (South Korea)
+84 120 852 302 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 8676 (Argentina)
1303 East Algonquin Road
Schaumburg, Illinois

Complaints & Reviews

mobail stolen

I lost my mobail imei number is [protected]

packaging

First let me say that I love the headset. Great sound quality and long battery life. But the packaging is HORRIBLE. The packing for this tiny headset is enormous, heavy and a perfect example of style and marketing over any thought to the consumers needs and the environment. After negotiating the akward screw top opening, I was shocked to see the tiny headset and its very small charger lodged inside a metalic and plastic box that could easily hold 5 or six items, instead of one. This is not your usual clam-shell pckcaging - it is a futuritic design with metalic sides and plastic front and back. The headset is susspended in the middle on yet more plastic. A picture would have sufficed. The problem is that it is a complete waste of resources and the box cannot be re-used for any practical purpose. I have written a complaint email to Motorola. My cell phone (also Motorola) came in a much smaller and more resonable carboard box.

• Pe
    Pete98 Jan 23, 2010

quite agree, I've just bought one of these today and when the whole world is ramming the "reduce packaging" and "recycle" words at the consumer, it does make you wonder why they do something like this.

It wouldn't be so bad if the box was useful afterwards. It took me 15 minutes to work out how to get into it and is now going in the recycle bin.

A complete waste of a nice piece of aluminium.

I too shall register my annoyance with Motorola.

Pete

change of battry

i purchased my motorazr v8 IMEI:[protected].
i gave it for repair in motorola service center in delhi(okhla area).my w/o no.9075.my cell was under warrenty when i gav it for repair as it had some hardware prob.(that's what i was told).
problems started when i received it back, first of all, the battery of my cell WAS CHANGED.!!my battery no was:SNN5807A-L8T742FJSAEL.8B and the one i received back with my cell is: SNN5805A- L8S723FJRDDL.NA..needless to say i was cheated and this battery doesn't last for more than 3hrs.!
its outer display didn't work and as i was in Bangalore, i couldn't go back to Delhi to sort things out..i called them but was told i must have done something with it just after the delivery (how silly)..i took it to Bangalore service center (in shivaji nagar) and they said its outside display battery was missing.(now how could i possible take out the thing i know nothing about and for what joy?).however, they rectified the problem.(they were very help-full).
it is point less to call back Delhi service center because they wouldn't agree to it.
So now, as a consumer, i want my old battery back or a replacement of a new one.
First of all, the company is going down and on top, the ppl who still believe in it, the service guys are running it down for them.!

irresponsible service center guys

I bought a motorola mobile last year (sept 2008), I forgot the model name... the arrow button came off the mobile during my waranty period, when I went to the motorola service center in egmore, they said they cannot repair the damage, and reverted me to alwarpet branch. when I went yesterday to the service center in alwarpet (17th novemember 2009) I was given a token no of 59, at 2:15 pm... and the token which was active that time was 48, there was a lazy lady who was attending to all the customers, every customer were inside atleast 20 mins, if I had to wait for them to call my toekn no, it would take evening 6:00 pm, hence I had to give the token back to them and leave that place without doing nothing to my phone... this is a pathetic situation, and I hardly find time to do all these, which had gone waste... the last option is stop buying motorol phones... not only me... I would recommend it to everyone in my family and friends... useless compnay... no service... it is better to get nokia phone... please dont buy motorola mobile phones...

theft

I had an I 9 I purchased in June 2009. Once late August hit the phone still worked fine with the exception of the often powering on/off without the phone being touched. I had the WORST time dealing with MOTOROLA more than ANY company I've ever seen in my LIFE.
I sent my phone in for the warranty repair service only to have AN EMPTY box returned to me with the service invoice inside. The invoice stated that I was not eligible for repair under warranty because of "liquid damage" although this had never occurred and the phone was maintained in NEAR MINT condition since the purchase date. After getting bounced around phone call after phone call to different representatives I finally spoke with a manager whom only kept me on the phone longer to produce the same results - NOTHING. He said because the package said it was shipped and logged in as weighing the correct amount for this particular package that they couldn't do anything about it and that I could take it up with FedEX (which I did file a claim with only to get the reply that they could not honor my claim and to take it up with motorola), It is TOTALLY obvious that my package was stolen by on of the workers at the repair shop in Texas. Their was make-shift tape assembled on the package and you could tell without even opening it that there was nothing inside. MOTOROLA has you send the phone for repairs in Texas, they assess the damage or problem, send to another motorola center in Illinois, then finally send to you. Now by the time all of this happens and the phone is in the possession of motorola centers/workers it's EASY for anybody to steal it from the package after the weight of the package gets recorded into their computer systems. It's easy for the phone to be stolen BEFORE it even has the final step of being shipped directly to you. AND by the way, I sent the phone safely with paying insurance on it. MOTORLA does NOT even send back to you paying the small fee through the shipper for insurance. I WILL NEVER USE/SUPPORT MOTOROLA EVER and I STRONGLY urge and advise to be careful before you decide to deal with this company or their products. IT'S VERY clear cut and dry that they DO NOT care about the quality of their products or consumers/customer service! They hide behind loopholes to deceive and cheat honest people out of their money whom just wanted a reliable product/trustworthy company to stand by their product/service. DOWN with MOTOROLA.

award money how to get

i have reced a meesage from motorola award in my name for 750000 british pounds. is it true or false? let me...

is it scam or what

I have recived sms stayting that your moblie number have been awarded (750, 000.00; Seven Hundred And Fifty Thounsand Great British Pounds Equivalent to 56, 509, 082.51 Million India Rupees).

for claim contact

: hello.[protected]@live.com
IS IT TRUE OR SCAM PLEASE GUIDE ME. MY EMAIL IS [protected]@rediffmail.com

• Mt
    M.Talhaoui Feb 10, 2010

I've received a similar text ... 575.000 is the amount.

M.Talha
    +9715 0675 2856

• Qa
    Qaiss May 23, 2011

I've received a similar text 1.5 Million British Pounds awarded on my cell Number.
    M.Qaisar Shahzad
    +923214308201

• Mu
    MUJI AMLIK May 23, 2011

Your Cell No is awarded sum 1.5 million british pounds at the MOTOROLA 2011 ANNIVERSARY. Contact DR GARY LOPEZ. Email: [email protected]/+923214306009

fake mail

This is to waste others time as in this worlds bad economy & receition it is difficult to breathe frely
getting money so easily through Sms and mails
then i ll work for your company for life .

Readers please note its all fake and dont waste your
time and money behind this foolish ideas.

brand new phone not working

I purchased a brand new motorola l9 handset on 2nd June. Since then the keypad was hanging... The salesperson reset the phone and said this problem occurs in motorola phones.

However, the phone went back to hanging and giving the message 'emergency service only'. I was then advised to go to the authorised service centre.

There I was told that the keypad assembly needs to be replaced. It took one month (!) for motorola to send a replacement keypad set to the service centre.

Finally, having got my phone, I inserted the sim. Immediately the message appeared 'Insert sim!' and of course the standard 'emergency services only'.

Now I was told that the phone works only for vodafone sim and not for airtel sim (??!!!)

Again the wait is on (how many months this time?) for a replacement keypad assembly.

I am fed up of this phone which I have not been able to use even for a full day.

I request a new replacement phone to be given at the earliest.

Disgruntled disgusted customer

non cooperation from motorola service center

This is iqbal hussain from chennai. I had purchased a motorola rokr e6. its in my friend aneesh name, I have warranty upto this august, there is some board problem in my mobile so I gave my mobile to: redington india ltd,
16 a&b, wellington estate
New no:53 ethiraj salai,
Egmore, chennai-105.
On 17/06/2009 at 16:36:33 time.
My work order no is: eg/mo/09/01996.
But still they dnt give any response its already crossed 1 month & if I call to tht redington they didnt response properly. some times they cut the call also, its create a very bad name to motorola company. plz take my complaint & solve my mobile problem as soon as possible.

Thanking u,

Urs,
S. iqbal hussain.

• As
    Asheshdc Aug 24, 2009

Sir

My mobile is made of motorola & it not working, as it is under gurantee, i submited it to service center,
    i submitted it on 23rd June 2009 .
    they say call us nxt week...and so on...now it is 24th Aug 2009...
    after this long 62 days..my mobile is not repaired yet...& i cant get back it...
    For this kind of poor service, where it take 2 months to repair a mobile...
    i want to make a complain...
    pls look into the matter & help me out...

Thanks & Regards
    Ashesh Dutta Choudhury

esehgrav ynot Jul 23, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

ve20

We have been happy alltel customers for just over two years now, so when our 2 yr. contract expired and we were able to purchase new phones, my husband and I switched from our LG phones to a more expensive brand, Motorola. My husband bought a VE20, and has been pissed off ever since. About 1 month after we bought the phones he found out that the headphone sign was on his front screen, hence, no ringtone, song or vibration was able to come over the phone. He does not have a headset, so we called the customer service already programmed in the phone to get help, or ask what to do. The customer service told us to bring the phone to the local alltel center and they would be able to help. My husband had to go to work and the only way i could get ahold of him was to leave him a message in his voicemail and then he would have to check through-out the night for messages. When he got home in the morning, we went to the local alltel office, like customer service said, waited in line for 1/2 an hour, finally got to talk to rep, she tells us that she can't help us, this is something that needs to be taken care of at customer service call center. we called right from the alltel office and customer service now said they would send a new phone to our home address in 2-3 days. We just take the battery from the old phone and replaced in new phone. because we exchanged thru the mail, no pictures, videos, or the address book was able to be transferred. (Alltel told us we could go to Wal-mart and transfer the pictures to a CD if we really needed them.)
So we started over again. Great, for about 2 1/2 months, then the same thing happened. The phone said the headphones were plugged in. Again, no ringtones, songs or vibrations. We took the phone to Alltel again, the rep did a "hard re-set" and assured us all our info would still be inthe phone. WRONG! Again, we lost all the info in the phone, but at least the phone would ring again. (OOPPS, the rep said. Sorry.) 2 weeks go by, again, the day before yesterday, the headset is showing up again on the phone. We called customer service at the corporate office again, talked to Melissa in Little Rock, AR. and she tells us that this is a problem that they know about and she is documenting all our problems, and to take the phone to the alltel local office and switch it for a comparable phone.
This morning we go to alltel to pick up the new phone, and the rep at the local office says that is not possible, we have to do an exchange at least 3 times thru the mail, to get another phone, but the third phone would not be a "reconditioned" phone, we could have a brand new one (same brand, same phone) off the shelf. What the heck is going to be the difference?
So we are waiting for the second phone now, with not alot of confidance in Motorola or alltel at this point. Maybe someone should teach both the reps and customer service to say and do the same things, instead of blaming each other.
Word to the wise: Stick with the less expensive LG brand, we NEVER has a lick of trouble with them at all!

• Kr
    Kris Miller Jun 19, 2009

I agree the MotoRazr VE20 is garbage. Worst phone I have ever purchased! I won't go into detail here, because I am just agreeing not writing a novel. *Two thumbs down* >: (

• Tm
    t man Jul 17, 2009

I am on my 3rd ve20, once because of dropped calls, & the other 2 was the vibrate stopped working, I will wait a week to see what happens, & try to get a different type of phone, otherwise it really is a easy to use phone.P.S. if anyone knows how to reset vibrate, your smarter than a bunch of Alltel people.thanks

verfication of my check

Hello sir,
I received a mail msg from motorola promotion winner of 500, 000 punds money. Whether ie correct or not? If it is right then how can I receive my check through you? So please tell me info about that one.
Thank you sir.

Tirupati-517502.
Chittoor district,
Andhra pradesh state,
India.

irresponsible act by motorola service centre

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had given my Moto Rockr U9 handset for repair two and half months ago at K.K.Enterprises, Ebrahim's Residency, No.98, 1st & 2nd Floor, Residency Road, Agent - Distributor, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 025, India, Tel: 080-[protected], but have not received the repaired handset yet. I have also tried calling the service centre numerous times, but they never receive the calls, and even if occassionaly they receive it, they tell us that they will call back in another ten minutes after they get the updation on the cell, but never calls back. The problem is goin on continuously. I have visited the service centre for atleast ten times, but nothing is moving . My complain no. is PH 21568. I have also lodged the complain at motorola customer care centre, but everything is in vain. I also requested to provide me a handset for standby, but they have not provided it.

I request you to kindly look into the matter

• Ar
    Arjith Aug 15, 2009

Yes what he said about the Motorola service center was absolutely correct . I had same experience . I had a repair for my Moto mobile . But the agent in the service center in cochin kerala was an idiot, he was not ready to sort my issue, he was in phone with some of his freinds

• Rm
    RMK PILLAI Feb 19, 2010

Tried to contact the Motorola service centre in Cochin.
    No one picks up the phone which rings and the other two phones do not exist as per recorded message.
    The email bounced back.
    The person at he other end of the tollfree line was of no help except to repeat the phone numbers which i had gathered.
    The agent in the service centre cannot simply be contacted.

jaganrevan Oct 10, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

8 months back, i perchesed motorola mb300 mobile( rs 18, 500) motorola company not giving good service . company not relising android upgrade version. mb300 mobile is very slow and very much hanging...no network.
    (sony and samsung companys upgrading android software once for all mobiles, motorola mobile not like that.
    i hate motoroal ([email protected]

Resolved not honoring warranty

Motorola returned cell phone (long painful story short) that was under waranty and told me it was obsolito, translation obsolet,! Even though under warranty thy wont repair it, wont replace, not even a sorry, but wait, after on hold 20 mins not so well spoken women from india advised me they will give me 10% off the purchase of a new cell phone, there out of there minds! Also no help from my blouted gov, those dedicated folks at the ftc (federal trde commission) or the better buisness buearu, oh man, buyer be ware don't buy a motorola cell phoe!!!

bad customer service + unresolved problem

I am an existing customer of motorola. I had purchased one motorola mobile model no. Motorocker e-6 its imie no is [protected] dated 26/11/2007 from the mobile store, essar telecom retial ltd, shop no. 16/1 sneh nagar, sapna sangeeta road, indore 452001. Within 10 days a problem occured in my mob. Firstly I visited your service center redington which is in malva tower indore, it got resolved they changed the board as your representative informed me.

Then again 2nd problem occurred again I visited your place they resolved and said they swapped the board again as I remember. I really don't know the parts which are used in my mob. Are original or not, I am not blaming on your company but I also have some other work to do, I think you understand it.

Again I visited they replaced the charger which is the next problem after 2 months now after 1 month I again visited your service center due to another major problem that is e-6 is a pda phone and major it is operated with the help of touch screen so the prob. Is its screen is not working due to which I am not able to check my sms's, call details and rest of all the options. Today (15/09/08) I again submitted my mob. To your service center, I really don't know whether it will work properly in future or not kindly look into the matter.

is it true

Dear winner, On behalf of the Management and Staffs of Motorola Inc, we officially congratulate you as the...

not working (hardware problem)

I have deposited the cell phone to the hotspots retails pvt ltd. For repair & service my motorola mobile l6i on 24th april 2008. Mobile is in warranty. (I purchased on 24 june 2007)

Neither they have returned the repaired mobile, nor they are providing me the alternate handset to me till they repair the my mobile.

horrible customer support - no value for warranty

I have bought Motorola H500 bluetooth headset in bangalore - Its less than an year and under warranty - But the ear hook of the headset already is broken. I have contacted every so called 'Motorola Dealers' here - Nobody is able to supply a spare ear hook for this headset. Without this this product is not usable at all. I have searched in few websites - in which few claim to have received from the customer suport in Motorola US centers. I wonder why the customer service is so horrible here in India inspite of getting froma reliable dealer??

Paying Rs 2500/- bugs for such product is absolutely waste - Please do not buy this product

secondary display is blank and a mark is seeing on it.

Mobile detail.
1. product: v3m cdma,
2. date of purchase : 1.11.07
3. dealer: calcutta hoisery stores.
4. invoice no. 609.
5. esn no. : 1bf86300
6. msn no. : g17whg2709

Complaint;
I have visited motorolla service center on 28.02.2008 and they just see the mobile and said that this case would not be considered as warranty case and for repair u have to pay something around rs.3000.00.
I ask why? they said that the display is boken due to some pressure on it, may be u have keep in ur pant pocket and it depend on the position ur.

Yesterday night I found this complaint on my mobile. before 2 days my mobile got hang I switch off and it was o. k so I ignored it, but since then the ring is also not ringing on call, charging takes toomuch time to charge and discharge within 2 hrs.

I request u to take my complaint to upper staff of motorolla. sir I m a employee of my company and I cant pay this charge from my salary to repair without any fault of mine. so I request u to help me.

I have also taken their complaint in writing. work order no. su/mo/07/10003 date. 28.02.2008.
Add. redington india ltd., turning point, ghod dod road, surat, gujarat.
Thanks.

bad after sales service

I am one of the "victim" of the after sales service problem from motorola, I had purchased my handset rather expensive handset last year, after few months of use, my 1gb memory card was corrupted, I laodged a cpmplaint at "adonis electronics pvt ltd' situated at mahal industrial eastate, off mahakali caves road, mumbai-400093. My complaint ref noe is [protected]. I was expecting a replacement of the memory card in a weeks time since it was in gurantee period. It has been more than 3 months today and yet have not got my memory card. People at service center don't even pick up my call... It I frustating... I am cursing the day I purchased the handset. I need to reach to the motorola highest authority to complain about the same.. Just a message.. To motorola... If this continues, your foothold in indian market will be doomed on the long run. Mantra here is just not to sell, it is to satisfy a customer by after sales service.. Today due to such petty issues you must have lost more than 20 customers whom I have warned not buy your product.