United States - 60196
Motorola RAZR 2 - http://razr2experience.motorola.com/
I purchased a Sprint Motorola RAZR 2 and the very first one had to be replaced. The second one has the same problems as the first and Motorola has not even tried to help me. They ignored my BBB complaint. So I am posting the problems with this phone here, in the hopes everyone stays away from this phone.
1. Does not support any of Motorola Bluetooth headset and headphones that I own. Even my new Moto stereo headphones that came out before the RAZR 2 even came out, don't even work.
2. Daily White-Screen freeze errors.
3. Text input in third-party app's in annoying. the "1" key cycles though characters that you will never use just to get to a period aor @ sign. the "0" key is used to cycle though the rest and again goes though characters that you will rarely use just to get one you will use a lot.
4. The touch-screen is way too sensitive. If you don't have a key-lock set, you will find that the TV app will load in your pocket and turn to a channel. Or it will just load the app and waste the already pathetic battery life. Even if the key-lock is on, the vibrate feature will go off so many times that when you goto use the phone, you will end up having 1 bar, maybe 2.
5. Horrible battery life. Unlike the A900, Katana, and pretty much all other slim-phones, the RAZR 2 gets really hot when using it. Heat means wasted energy, thus making the battery life the worst I have ever seen. If you are using bluetooth, and/or the TV app, or in an area with a weak signal, battery life can be as low as 40 minutes.
6. The UI is SLOW! I mean as slow as slow can get. This comes to it's full power of annoyance when you end up loading an application that you didn't mean to, and closing it down takes 5 to 10 seconds to close down. This will happen a lot, because the buttons are so close together, that you will end up loading the music or TV app without even trying. Scrolling through you content is horrible. Images take what seems like months to switch to the next.
7. No real media player. You can not fast forward or rewind video clips. So those days of watching movies and shows on your phone are over. Unless you want to sit and watch it from the beginning.
8. You can not hear the volume when setting the level for the ringer, alarm, ect. This most basic of features shows how low Moto has come when making phones.
9. The lower set of speaks has a groove where overtime it will cut into your fingers when holding the phone to watch TV.
10. The inner display has the typical data and time features, but with the RAZR 2 you can not get rid of the date. So if you have a cool screen saver, you will see "00/00/000 Day" on the screen. So if you have a cool pic of a Cele you are into, their face will be blocked.
11. The web browser is HTML, but it renders the site into pages. So a normal sized site will be cut into many pages. Some sites are cut into 10+ pages. Unlike Opera mini which can render the entire page in one window. You will be scrolling page to page just to see the content you like.
12. Since the browser is HTML, WAP sites can't be loaded very well if at all. So if you want to download a Java app through a WAP site, you might not be able to at all.
13. Third party apps can easily cause the phone to lock-up. Basic app's that load on even the most simple phone will cause the phone to lock in a white screen and you will have to pull the battery to get out.
14. Alarm doesn't always go off. This has happen to me a lot.
15. When you use the speaker-phone or use the speakers with Telenav, the sound quality is horrible. On the other end my friends make me repeat what I am saying. The speaker-phone has been known in the past to be one of the best features found in Moto phones; this is not the case with the V9m.
16. Buttons on the side are tiny. With a plastic snap-on case they are very difficult to press.
17. The phone doesn't even have a headphone port. So you can not use it as a portable music player without playing the content through the speakers, or a Bluetooth headset, which most likely will not work.
18. You can not set images from your memory card to display as wallpaper.
19. Music playback is dependent on using Sprint's Music Player, which crashes a lot.
20. The Music Player no longer works, so I can't even use the phone as an MP3 player.
I couldn't wait to get my razr phone. I thought that it would be the best and I would have no problem...
One month back my motorazar handset bought on 18th october 2006 started giving problem, it gets switched off after charging etc, I gave for servicing to redington service in pune, india (phone: [protected]/92) email: [protected]@redington.co.in, they changed battrey after keeping for one week and when I got back I saw my 128 mb memory card which they took & retruned me idea sim card only, was missing. It had all my favourity itunes, music, my family & friends occasion photos, video clipping etc. Now they deny& refuse to give my memory card. Inspite of cost it had emotional attachement. I feel sad for this.
I bought this motorola c 168 phone during last oct ir nov 06. From the 15th day of purchase I had been
To their service center shree ram telecom 5 or 6 times, the last one on3.8.07 with the same complaint
That I am getting short beep sound 4every 5 or 10 minutes. They serviced several times and also changed the instrument except the cover but still the same complaint continues. The request sound irritates me. I have three cell phones like nokia and sony but I am not getting this type of sound in them. My guarantee period will be over by a couple of months but there is no solution. I expect motorola india to replace the phone, after testing that it does not give any beep sound or refund of cost of the phone immediately without loss of time.
I gave my Moto V3i to Moto Service centre (Lajpath-Nagar, New Delhi) for Keypad repair and battery problem. A week later they gave me my cell but nothing has been done except paper work. The problem still persists. Service of Moto is really pathetic.
I brought Motorola A780 on 7th Jan. 2007. It stopped functioning from 1st July 2007. I visited on 3/7/07 with Motorola Customer Service Center in Mumbai with the Warranty Card,but without bill and they mentioned bill is important and not the warranty card, it can be duplicated (No trust on the customer). I submitted the bill on 10th July after inquiring the customer service center after 7 days,they replied, the mobile cannot be repaired as there is no mention of IME No. on the bill, thought it was mentioned on the warranty card. Till date I have not received my mobile and it contains all my contact no. It is more than 24 days now. This is not expected from the company of Motorola stature which is supposed to be Sixa Sigma??? This is nothing but a harassment!!!
I made a complaint at redington india limited, saraswati vihar, gurgaon for my w220 handset that was in...
Even though I have ok range, good battery... I am having following problems:
1. I am not able receive phone calls... All those u trying to call me r getting message that I am not rechargeable... But actually I have full range and battery
2. After a gap of 1/2 hrs between 2 calls, the 2nd call has totally different setting. My ring setting get automatically changes.. No idea what for..in that case I have restart my mobile
3. Some time I am not able to save any phone book entries. After restarting my mobile it works...
I am feed up with these problems. All my imp call r getting hanged up...
I bought a motorola l6 on 4 may 06 and its under warranty. My charger stopped working and I went to my...
I purchased a piece from Sangeetha, Bangalore and with in a short time it developed a fault. I gave to service centre and within a week same fault started indicating that it is not repairable. On approaching I was told that it can not be replaced and will again be serviced.today is the 5th day and was told by Mr. Hari GM-Sangeetha that with in 2 days it will be delivered without any fail after repairs.I talked yesterday and was told that latest by today afternoon it will definitely be delivered. Now it is 7.40pm and there has neither been any communication or any call from my cell is being attended to. Furthermore, I had complained to Motorola call centre also with a request to exchange with a new good piece. I gave the job no and there has not been any action. Never buy Motorola products!
I have Purchased a Motorola V3i 10 Months ago and I could see a small crack on my LCD when observed keenly...
I bought a handset Motorola L6i from an authorized dealer of yours AirCom, Kamla Nagar on 28th Jan 2007 Bill No 14491. The day I bought it since then onwards I have been facing problems with it, It does not receives any signals at all usually when I am at home, I am neither able to receive the calls nor I am able to call anybody. It is having an Airtel connection([protected]) there is no problem with that Cellular Service provider as we already have tested the same SIM card in other Cell phone (Nokia) and it works fine.
When we took this matter to the Dealer he referred us to the Service Center and they said that some problem is going on with the particular Cellular Service provider please keep it with you and see if it starts working fine within the next week. We did the same but of no use, we took it again at your Service Center North, Delhi, Model Town, UCOM Technologies pvt. Ltd., Shop No. 9, 1st Floor Kirpal Bhavan, Near Raghuna Restaurant, G-8, Model Town 3rd, New Delhi-110009, Delhi, they said that the problem will be solved once the software of that particular handset is changed Job No [protected] dated 9th Mar 2007. They changed the software but still of no use. I am still facing the same problem unable to make calls and receive them while I am home.
I bought Motorola-C168 handset before five months but the handset not properly charges. Two time I am handover to Local Dealer " Modern Electronics, Akola" they tell me that they send it to service station of Motorola but first time they told me that handset having problem of software & i repair it. But handset does not repair then again i submit the handset to dealer now he told me that handset having liquid problem. I 100% sure that company cheat with me.
The phone I have bought from motorola had problems in the first 3 months. First, the camera was gone, then...
Hello. I bought a motorola two-line expandable phone, plus two additional handsets. The reception is so bad...