Having problems with Motorola?

1300 138 823 (Australia)
1803 852 2246 (Indonesia)
1800 817 032 (Malaysia)
1800 1855 0288 (Philippines)
1800 021 0000 (Mexico)
+1 800 734 5870 (United States)
+44 333 999 7550 (United Kingdom)
+64 508 668 676 (New Zealand)
+32 27 001 660 (Belgium)
+852 81 181 717 (Hong Kong)
+65 800 852 6007 (Singapore)
+82 798 8521 8264 (South Korea)
+84 120 852 302 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 8676 (Argentina)
1303 East Algonquin Road
Schaumburg, Illinois

Complaints & Reviews

stay away from this phone!

Motorola RAZR 2 - http://razr2experience.motorola.com/

I purchased a Sprint Motorola RAZR 2 and the very first one had to be replaced. The second one has the same problems as the first and Motorola has not even tried to help me. They ignored my BBB complaint. So I am posting the problems with this phone here, in the hopes everyone stays away from this phone.

1. Does not support any of Motorola Bluetooth headset and headphones that I own. Even my new Moto stereo headphones that came out before the RAZR 2 even came out, don't even work.

2. Daily White-Screen freeze errors.

3. Text input in third-party app's in annoying. the "1" key cycles though characters that you will never use just to get to a period aor @ sign. the "0" key is used to cycle though the rest and again goes though characters that you will rarely use just to get one you will use a lot.

4. The touch-screen is way too sensitive. If you don't have a key-lock set, you will find that the TV app will load in your pocket and turn to a channel. Or it will just load the app and waste the already pathetic battery life. Even if the key-lock is on, the vibrate feature will go off so many times that when you goto use the phone, you will end up having 1 bar, maybe 2.

5. Horrible battery life. Unlike the A900, Katana, and pretty much all other slim-phones, the RAZR 2 gets really hot when using it. Heat means wasted energy, thus making the battery life the worst I have ever seen. If you are using bluetooth, and/or the TV app, or in an area with a weak signal, battery life can be as low as 40 minutes.

6. The UI is SLOW! I mean as slow as slow can get. This comes to it's full power of annoyance when you end up loading an application that you didn't mean to, and closing it down takes 5 to 10 seconds to close down. This will happen a lot, because the buttons are so close together, that you will end up loading the music or TV app without even trying. Scrolling through you content is horrible. Images take what seems like months to switch to the next.

7. No real media player. You can not fast forward or rewind video clips. So those days of watching movies and shows on your phone are over. Unless you want to sit and watch it from the beginning.

8. You can not hear the volume when setting the level for the ringer, alarm, ect. This most basic of features shows how low Moto has come when making phones.

9. The lower set of speaks has a groove where overtime it will cut into your fingers when holding the phone to watch TV.

10. The inner display has the typical data and time features, but with the RAZR 2 you can not get rid of the date. So if you have a cool screen saver, you will see "00/00/000 Day" on the screen. So if you have a cool pic of a Cele you are into, their face will be blocked.

11. The web browser is HTML, but it renders the site into pages. So a normal sized site will be cut into many pages. Some sites are cut into 10+ pages. Unlike Opera mini which can render the entire page in one window. You will be scrolling page to page just to see the content you like.

12. Since the browser is HTML, WAP sites can't be loaded very well if at all. So if you want to download a Java app through a WAP site, you might not be able to at all.

13. Third party apps can easily cause the phone to lock-up. Basic app's that load on even the most simple phone will cause the phone to lock in a white screen and you will have to pull the battery to get out.

14. Alarm doesn't always go off. This has happen to me a lot.

15. When you use the speaker-phone or use the speakers with Telenav, the sound quality is horrible. On the other end my friends make me repeat what I am saying. The speaker-phone has been known in the past to be one of the best features found in Moto phones; this is not the case with the V9m.

16. Buttons on the side are tiny. With a plastic snap-on case they are very difficult to press.

17. The phone doesn't even have a headphone port. So you can not use it as a portable music player without playing the content through the speakers, or a Bluetooth headset, which most likely will not work.

18. You can not set images from your memory card to display as wallpaper.

19. Music playback is dependent on using Sprint's Music Player, which crashes a lot.

20. The Music Player no longer works, so I can't even use the phone as an MP3 player.

• Ra
    random Aug 24, 2008

wow...your problems with the razr2 seems to be terrible...i have a feeling yours might be one of the 'defects'. i've had mine since january and yes, i admit there are some minor problems...the biggest being the battery life (probably due to powering two screens instead of one) but none of them are as severe as what you've listed...maybe it's just different shipments of them?

• Br
    breezybee22 Sep 30, 2009

I totally agree i have had my razor since march and i never had this many problems with a phone. It always turns white or will freeze and then i will have to take out my battery which is not always helpful. I don't have any battery life...i went to change my battery at Us Cellular for a better one and it shuts its self off! I can't even keep my phone on because it will die right away. my keys constantly stick, causing texts that i didnt want to send. i spent a ton of money on this phone and have already sent it in once, and it did nothing. I am so upset i would like to tell motorola i want my money back. My fiance's sister had the same problems with her phone as me. And i agree the speakerphone sucks you can't hear very well.

phone won't hold a charge!

I couldn't wait to get my razr phone. I thought that it would be the best and I would have no problem...

problem with handset & memory card stolen by service centre

Sir,
One month back my motorazar handset bought on 18th october 2006 started giving problem, it gets switched off after charging etc, I gave for servicing to redington service in pune, india (phone: [protected]/92) email: [protected]@redington.co.in, they changed battrey after keeping for one week and when I got back I saw my 128 mb memory card which they took & retruned me idea sim card only, was missing. It had all my favourity itunes, music, my family & friends occasion photos, video clipping etc. Now they deny& refuse to give my memory card. Inspite of cost it had emotional attachement. I feel sad for this.

esehgrav ynot Jul 23, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

getting beep sounds frequently

I bought this motorola c 168 phone during last oct ir nov 06. From the 15th day of purchase I had been
To their service center shree ram telecom 5 or 6 times, the last one on3.8.07 with the same complaint
That I am getting short beep sound 4every 5 or 10 minutes. They serviced several times and also changed the instrument except the cover but still the same complaint continues. The request sound irritates me. I have three cell phones like nokia and sony but I am not getting this type of sound in them. My guarantee period will be over by a couple of months but there is no solution. I expect motorola india to replace the phone, after testing that it does not give any beep sound or refund of cost of the phone immediately without loss of time.

fake service!

I gave my Moto V3i to Moto Service centre (Lajpath-Nagar, New Delhi) for Keypad repair and battery problem. A week later they gave me my cell but nothing has been done except paper work. The problem still persists. Service of Moto is really pathetic.

• Gu
    Guneet Aug 05, 2007

I got the problems on the razor v3i since the very first day and the service center in panchkula sector 11 gives horrible service, first time they replaced the motherboard of a 1 month old phone, the phone still kept giving lot of other problems which i ignored. Later now when the phone about to go out of warranty the same service center denied service, saying that it's a tampered set, on telling them that they only replaced the motherboard, they demanded the job card which they had never given me. On lot of arguments they checked the online records and found they had replaced the motherboard. Now they have the phone with them for a week and the warranty is running out.

Ankush Dhar Dec 27, 2007

Buddy I also had the same Exp.
    But Whats the remedy?
    can we Sue them ?

• Ru
    RU JAIN May 21, 2008

dear sir i've purchased my motorola handset on 7th feb 2008...and i'm getting faults in its services pertaining to memory...i've contacted at service centre but they didn't take any action even after 15 days ...tell me what to do in this way????

• Pr
    praveen mittal May 27, 2008

i got the problem in k1razor, its display became totally white .i went 2 moto service centre raipur n they promised that they will repair it within 7 day but now its near about 2 months but they say that the part has not come yet .they have given me numbers of mumbai n chennai but no use i daily call them but not got a single positive response from the company. i advise all my frens not to purchase any motorola set becoz ones a fault come IT CAN NEVER BE REPAIRED ON TIME

• Pr
    praveen mittal May 27, 2008

my phone number is 09977428655 if some body wants to know more about that

• Co
    col dk sharma Nov 04, 2008

no one should purchase motororola mobiles service is poor dont waste ur money on motorala i am facing similar problem with bhopal service center mdr service india limited bhopal chaps are most stupid and idiots they do not know how behave also will some one at co operate office will take a note of it

poor customer service!

I brought Motorola A780 on 7th Jan. 2007. It stopped functioning from 1st July 2007. I visited on 3/7/07 with Motorola Customer Service Center in Mumbai with the Warranty Card,but without bill and they mentioned bill is important and not the warranty card, it can be duplicated (No trust on the customer). I submitted the bill on 10th July after inquiring the customer service center after 7 days,they replied, the mobile cannot be repaired as there is no mention of IME No. on the bill, thought it was mentioned on the warranty card. Till date I have not received my mobile and it contains all my contact no. It is more than 24 days now. This is not expected from the company of Motorola stature which is supposed to be Sixa Sigma??? This is nothing but a harassment!!!

Anwaar Feb 25, 2008

We bought Moto-Z3, from United Mobile Lahore Pakistan. But cell phone key board damaged and when we approach United mobile they take phone for two weeks and denied to claim warranty. After they they ask us to pay charges of part which we agreed but despite number of phone calls and written letter they are just making fake promises and always taking time 2-3 days. And still cell phone is with them. We just want to inform you that United Mobile is making bad repute of Motorolla company and customer satisfaction level is very very poor. You are reqeusted to take action agaisnt this company to provide good service for motorola customers...

Details for the phone which is with company for repair.
    Job# 042-97918, IMEI#353616013670894. dated. 04-feb,2008
    kind regards.

• Sy
    Syed Masood Haider Jul 31, 2008

Dear Sir,

I was presented a Motorola Cell phone MotoRazr2 Reference number 7549755860 Product Model V-8, MSN No F56WHX2TVJ by Warid Telecom as a surprise gift. Scanned copy of letter of Warid company and warranty card are attached with this mail.

I would like to inform you that the battery of this mobile set hardly last for one day. I am also facing problem with the cover of the chargeable port which is chipped of right from the first day and is very loose. I am attaching the picture of this port as well.

I went to the one of your Motorola outlet on main Boulevard Lahore on 29 July 2008 and was surprised to see the behavior of bunch of stooges that have been employed by you who were sitting without the electricity. They made me wait for 30 minutes on the plea that it was lunch break in the head office and without prior permission from the head office they were not in a position to repair the mobile set. After contacting the concerned person after half an hour I was asked to leave the set for two days. I wonder if you require two days for replacing the charging port cover? I therefore refused to leave the set for for two days where it was a job that would have required only 2 minutes.

I request you to kindly arrange to get my set replaced or repaired immediately. I also suggest to forward my complaint to your head office and to Mr. Nadeem Safdar and let me know his response. Please get your staff properly groomed for dealing with customers. My address is given underneath. Thanks.

Syed Masood Haider

Project Director,

Depilex (Pvt) Ltd.

14 C - 1, M. M. Alam Road,

Gulberg III, Lahore.

0322-4414851.

w220 speaker not working

I made a complaint at redington india limited, saraswati vihar, gurgaon for my w220 handset that was in...

multiple mobile problems

Even though I have ok range, good battery... I am having following problems:

1. I am not able receive phone calls... All those u trying to call me r getting message that I am not rechargeable... But actually I have full range and battery
2. After a gap of 1/2 hrs between 2 calls, the 2nd call has totally different setting. My ring setting get automatically changes.. No idea what for..in that case I have restart my mobile
3. Some time I am not able to save any phone book entries. After restarting my mobile it works...

I am feed up with these problems. All my imp call r getting hanged up...

very poor customer service!

I bought a motorola l6 on 4 may 06 and its under warranty. My charger stopped working and I went to my...

irreparable faulty piece not being replaced within guarantee period!

I purchased a piece from Sangeetha, Bangalore and with in a short time it developed a fault. I gave to service centre and within a week same fault started indicating that it is not repairable. On approaching I was told that it can not be replaced and will again be serviced.today is the 5th day and was told by Mr. Hari GM-Sangeetha that with in 2 days it will be delivered without any fail after repairs.I talked yesterday and was told that latest by today afternoon it will definitely be delivered. Now it is 7.40pm and there has neither been any communication or any call from my cell is being attended to. Furthermore, I had complained to Motorola call centre also with a request to exchange with a new good piece. I gave the job no and there has not been any action. Never buy Motorola products!

• Al
    Alai Jul 08, 2009

I fully agree with the complaint. I bought E6 and within warranty period found hand set hanging. I had given the set for warranty repairs to Redington India limited, Egmore, Chennai on 18th June 2009.
    After 20 days of frantic calls to service centre and motorola call centre, now they are telling the set will be delivered on 20th of July. A cool 32 days. Motorola must have saved due to minimum spare maintenance but I am without mobile phone for 32 days.

Motorola sets are not suitable for Indian condition.

• De
    Debly Sep 29, 2010

They suck I'm from Canada motorola will not honor their warranty if not happy with your phone with in a month you will get your money back I purchase the charm the batterys are no good now on my second battery form telus 5 hours battery and that is just talking and texting you I was told I can send it in for repair or talk to telus again I going to try telus tomorrow. I told them that they new the battery in this phone was no good before it went on the
    market. Telus and moto hav a really good scam going on here they are nothing but big [censor] criminals

screen broke down without any pressure

I have Purchased a Motorola V3i 10 Months ago and I could see a small crack on my LCD when observed keenly...

faulty l6i handset!

I bought a handset Motorola L6i from an authorized dealer of yours AirCom, Kamla Nagar on 28th Jan 2007 Bill No 14491. The day I bought it since then onwards I have been facing problems with it, It does not receives any signals at all usually when I am at home, I am neither able to receive the calls nor I am able to call anybody. It is having an Airtel connection([protected]) there is no problem with that Cellular Service provider as we already have tested the same SIM card in other Cell phone (Nokia) and it works fine.

When we took this matter to the Dealer he referred us to the Service Center and they said that some problem is going on with the particular Cellular Service provider please keep it with you and see if it starts working fine within the next week. We did the same but of no use, we took it again at your Service Center North, Delhi, Model Town, UCOM Technologies pvt. Ltd., Shop No. 9, 1st Floor Kirpal Bhavan, Near Raghuna Restaurant, G-8, Model Town 3rd, New Delhi-110009, Delhi, they said that the problem will be solved once the software of that particular handset is changed Job No [protected] dated 9th Mar 2007. They changed the software but still of no use. I am still facing the same problem unable to make calls and receive them while I am home.

• Ri
    Rishi Kishore Chatterjee Mar 22, 2007

I purchased a Motorola L6i from THE MOBILE STORE, Kolkata and within 3rd it it started giving problems and was becoming dead sporadically. I deposited the same with REDINGTON INDIA PVT LTD, Deshapriya park and insisted them to replace the set but they were inconvincible and were in no mood to replace the phone, infact they came up with some weird remarks like the replacement cannot be done if it has crossed 30 mins of talktime. So, currently I am at their mercy and I hope I have to carry on with a repaired set. I have also registered complaints on MOTOROLA site but with no response.

I will suggest you all to not to go for MOTOROLA products due to their lackadestile and indifferent attitude towards the customers.

• Ka
    kartik Oct 24, 2007

I'm having a Motorola L6i.it is a beautiful phone but the phone memory piss me off. So I was thinking why not u guys create a usb portal memory card reader for phones which has a standard memory. If at all the usb portal memory card reader is created it will be cool.

Chidambar Johsi Nov 13, 2007

Please please never buy Motorola hand sets I purchased Motorola communicator and it has problem and it does not have any service.

jacob Mar 05, 2008

I bought a motorolla l6i phone from authorised phone dealers after aduration i discovered that after a while ait made some kind of sound. It dint light to be able to see the problem. From that day it has been making such kind of suond which has made me to get stressed. Please help me out.

Amit Kapila May 26, 2009

Not Repairing the handset Properly

I bought a Motorola handset L9 on 02nd, July 2008 against Retail Invoice No. AW-3048 from Anmol Watches, Chandigarh. Its EMI number is 356900011405223.

18 days back i.e. on 09th of May, its starts giving problem like auto operate. I was not able either to make any call or receive. Without pressing any key software was auto operating.

I went to the Motorola Repair Centre at Chandigarh (Reddington Services, Sec-20D, Chandigarh).They took my handset against work order no. 1425 dated 09/05/2009 and said that handset will go to the company for repair and that they will inform me about the status within 15-20 days.

After 15 days when they didn't call me, i called them up to inquire about the status of the handset. They people said that ask after 2 days. I called them after 2 days than they said that ask after 2 days more. Then I called the Motorola Customer Support directly to Mr. Sabharwal then he told me that he will tell me the status within 48 hours but till date I haven’t received any call from him. Then after 2 days I called again Customer Support Mr. Sudesh, he told me that within a week you will receive your handset. Side by side I also made calls to Reddington service, Chandigarh for the status of the handset but they people always taking me in loop and didn’t give any positive response. Then I lodge a complaint against Reddington to Motorola Customer Support for their bad service and misbehaving with customer but you people also don’t take any action against them. Then I received a call from Reddington, Chandigarh on 25/05/2009 that my handset got repaired now I can collect. I visited their place and collected my handset. At that time handset was working properly for 10-15 min. Then I came back to my home. When I started to make a call to my friend then it starts giving same problem as earlier (Auto Operate).

I complained this issue to Motorola customer care to Mr. Shashank and requested for replacement and he told me that he is requesting the concerned department for my handset replacement.

Kindly replace my handset as its not possible for me to wait for more 20-25 days to get it repaired. As I am in marketing field so I can’t work without mobile. This is my request to kindly replace my handset as soon as possible. Otherwise, I will drag your authorized service center in Chandigarh to Consumer for harassment given to me. I wasted my lot of money on phone calls and petrol to visit their office many times. It was such a big harassment I have ever faced. Your service is very poor as compared to Nokia. Nokia is the BEST!!!

Amit Kapila
    Chandigarh
    Mb. 09779707555
    Email Id: [email protected]

• Pa
    PankagGupta Jan 13, 2010

I was user of motorola L6i but it was damaged due to fall in watertank and i have check with ASC but they said it would be change whole system so that system was kept into my almara.
    Plz suggest me how could we repair it again...

amit123thakur Mar 25, 2010

It is a very slow phone.Stay away

amit123thakur Mar 25, 2010

yes it is

esehgrav ynot Jul 23, 2010

handset does not work properly!

I bought Motorola-C168 handset before five months but the handset not properly charges. Two time I am handover to Local Dealer " Modern Electronics, Akola" they tell me that they send it to service station of Motorola but first time they told me that handset having problem of software & i repair it. But handset does not repair then again i submit the handset to dealer now he told me that handset having liquid problem. I 100% sure that company cheat with me.

• Su
    Suresh Kumar Jain Apr 16, 2007

I am not able to utilize Sim Tool Kit Power with my MOTOROLA C168 Mobile Hand Set.

• Gh
    Ghanta Kiran May 02, 2007

I'm using Motorola c 168 hand set. Now a days it is hanging while typing messages. it takes lot of time to open phone book or call to a number. It didn't connect to the person who i'm trying to call. After a certain number tries it get connected. And more over it hangs in the wap.

• Si
    Siddhesh Danait Oct 13, 2007

I purchased this mobile just few months before. The response which I got from this mobile was completely worst!!! This mobile is just good for it's FM purpose ans Phonebook SMS memory. It even runs wap i.r. GPRS... but a number of times my piece was hanged. It's memory is too low... some about 634kb.

Even it doesn't supports JAVA programs!

satinder singh basra Nov 02, 2007

Only charging time power on my handset!

Charles Nov 30, 2007

Light Fault.

• Fe
    fenilbbvv Dec 04, 2007

i have c168 that show battary is chrging but when i unpluged charger battery show low so help me with pic

• El
    Elvis Mumba Jan 20, 2008

I got my c168 four months ago but it just went off,it can't charge & it can't switch on. At first when charging the key pad was on but you can't switch on or off.

• Ra
    rajul singh Feb 28, 2008

I had given my ear phones in yr care center thay r nt giving me good responce from there side & after 20 days thay r saying me hay ear phones r not avilable bz of shortage from MOTOROLA... i m citizen of DELHI..n diposit my ear phone in UCOM Tech.delhi vikas marg.shakarpur,near Nathu sweets...

mahesh Mar 17, 2008

How to install games in my moblie ( motorola c168 )?

I hate the experience with motorola!

The phone I have bought from motorola had problems in the first 3 months. First, the camera was gone, then...

poor quality product!

Hello. I bought a motorola two-line expandable phone, plus two additional handsets. The reception is so bad...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices