Having problems with Motorola?

1300 138 823 (Australia)
1803 852 2246 (Indonesia)
1800 817 032 (Malaysia)
1800 1855 0288 (Philippines)
1800 021 0000 (Mexico)
+1 800 734 5870 (United States)
+44 333 999 7550 (United Kingdom)
+64 508 668 676 (New Zealand)
+32 27 001 660 (Belgium)
+852 81 181 717 (Hong Kong)
+65 800 852 6007 (Singapore)
+82 798 8521 8264 (South Korea)
+84 120 852 302 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 8676 (Argentina)
1303 East Algonquin Road
Schaumburg, Illinois

Complaints & Reviews

moto x 2nd gen

Motorola updated phone and now there is a black bar across the bottom where the navigation buttons are visible all the time. I don't like this update because when you are playing games on phone this bar sometimes pops out and stays on and can't access items on the right hand side of screen that are under the black bar. you also loose about ¾ in of screen and that is why I picked this particular phone because had a nice screen size.

more than 17 days item still didn't receive

I ordered Motorola droid razr xt912 and was delivered to me last 17 November 2014. UNFORTUNATELY, the phone is not working, defective, no use, and has dents on its side. I remained calm and just call them for an exchange and they pick it up on 23rd November. In this regards, they informed me that they will update me for the new item. days passed by and toooooo much phone call I made for follow up ending up they are telling me that same brand is not available anymore. for 2 weeks i waited and this is their reply. So no worries, i can still manage...I ask them to just change to Motorola Droid razr xt926 a higher version and they told me will deliver in 3 days...Guest what? it didn't reached me! So whats wrong with AWOK.COM???? you guys tell me. I dont recomend this online shopping website...If you need something reliable never go for awok.

cheating website

I was cheated by this attractive price on headphones. I had placed an order for Motorola S305 bluetooth headset on 01-Nov-2014 mode of payment was iTunes gift card. Till today I have not received the order. Please suggest me what can be done?

cheating website

now, no item - no money

This company selling items through Ebay.com. I was buy "Motorola Elite Sliver II" mobile phone headset from...

motorola motoactv – huge disappointment

I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long...

repairs

Good Day, I bought my Motorola BM 525 in Aug 2011. January 2012 the Screen first freest and 2 days after that the screen went
blank.Took it to Cell c where I bought it and they send it in for repairs to Motorola JHB. When I got the phone back the screen was working, but if I make a call the person can't here me I can here them.Before the repairer send the phone back, they must make sure everything is in order, because know I must send it back to Motorola and wait again for the phone.I must make other
arrangements to borrow another phone.
But otherwise I like the phone very much.

Regards,
Desire

• Db
    D.Bezuidenhout Aug 28, 2012

I took in my Motorola in for the 6time to Cell Brackenfell. The phone is 1year old and Cell c repair department can't do their work.Cell c Brackenfell told me my phone is beyond economical repair! So what know, I don't get a other phone but I must pay for it. This is really bad bad bad.

motorola atrix 2, titanium, admiral bravo class action

Our firm will be filing Class Actions against the mobile phone manufacturers noted below that installed, or allowed to be installed, Carrier IQ, a software that is used for violating privacy of consumers by tracking consumers without their knowledge or consent. Anyone that owns one or more of the mobile phones noted should contact our firm asap to discuss their legal rights. We shall be interviewing prospective clients to act as Class Representatives. There is no fee required to file the case and the court shall determine Class Representative fees if there is a resolution to the case.

In order for consumers to appreciate the extent of the serious tracking issues involved we have included a few posts concerning this matter:

Privacy Revolt!: Does Carrier IQ Record Text Messages and Emails?consumercal.blogspot.com/.../does-carrier-iq-record-text-messages.ht..
Dec 12, 2017 – "CarrierIQ cannot record SMS text bodies, web page contents, ... Privacy concerns arise when a list of URLs is stored on the device and ...

Senator Al Franken asks about Carrier IQ, the companies answer ...www.engadget.com/.../senator-al-franken-asks-about-carrier-iq-the- ..
Dec 17, 2017 – Two weeks ago, smack-dab in the middle of the CarrierIQ saga, Senator Al Franken pounded his fist on the table and demanded answers.

Franken Still 'Troubled' by Carrier IQ Despite Company Responses ...www.pcmag.com/article2/0, 2817, 2397732, 00.asp
Dec 16, 2017 – Sen. Al Franken this week said he is still "very troubled" by the technology deployed by Carrier IQ despite the fact that the company—as well as ...

Our firm has already filed two class actions against HTC and Samsung regarding this matter. Here is a list of additional mobile phones that our firm will be filing new class actions:

MOTOROLA:

[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• Da
    DAVID RENAULD Jun 18, 2007

I was told that a door to door repair was to take only 3 days. I am on my "11th" day without a solid answer of where my phone is! I have made several calls to the motorola company to find out where my phone is and all i get is the run-a-round! This phone, an "ic502" is the worst cell phone i have ever owned! And the motorola service is twice, no, 10 times as bad! They pump out the ads on how good the phone is to take abuse, but it is a joke! Once my contact is up with sprint, i will be looking for a better phone, carrier and service!

• Am
    amit goel Jun 25, 2007

I purchased a motorola v3 on 17th august 2017 and my cell started creating problems from around 10th of may. I have been to my local service center around 5 times and they repaired my cell but as i start using it again it becomes dead. They even sent it to delhi after which it was repaired but the same problem again came and my cell was dead again. I asked them to replace my cell or give me a new cell but thay are saying that company has stopped producing this model no. I m still left with my warranty period and im carrying on with that dead cell. Never buy Motorola!

• Jc
    JC in NF Oct 29, 2008

I originally purchased two Motorola razr v3c for my wife’s and my personal use in Feb 07, under 3 year contracts with our provider. My phone began giving me problems on its anniversary date (Feb 08). The phone would not impart a charge upon the battery despite trying other batteries, chargers, etc.

The phone was sent three seperate times to Motorola to fix the problem, ( Feb, Mar, Apr) It was frustrating and inconvenient enough that the first two times. The phone came back reportedly fixed, yet the same exact original problem persisted. Motorola finally agreed to replace the phone with refurbished phone on the third time.

In Sept 08, the refurbished phone began a new series of problems. It locks up upon opening with white screen, or black screen. The only indication that the phone is working is the keypad lights up. It is unusable as it exists.

The phone was never dropped, or hurt, and was always kept in a leather protective case.

Motorola have refused to do anything for me. It is now my wish to spread the word of discontentment with Motorola. I will be boycotting their products from now on.

• Je
    Jeany Jul 22, 2009

I bought a Motorola cable modem, and expected the advertised $20 rebate. When the check finally arrived, after two months, I deposited it. I was later notified by my bank that Motorola stopped payment on the check and then was told that they were having a dispute with the company servicing their rebate program. Not only did I not get the rebate, I had to pay the bank charges as well. Motorola has not responded to several inquiries. I believe that they have not acted honorably and I will not buy another Motorola product.

no enter key in text message which is basic feature

I have purchased Motorola Defy from croma store in malad, but surprisingly after purchasing i came to know there is no enter key in text messaging/ or cannot move on next line which is an basic feature in mobiles. I was surprised even the sales person in croma didnt knew the features.
I called motorola call center who also confirmed that in Defy there is no enter key and nothing can be done about it.
I feel i am cheated as this is the basic feature which any of the low cost mobile even has. How can such an huge mobile giant R & D Dept can do such a mistake and even there is no solution for this.
Really i dont like using the phone now,

• Ne
    Nelvin Antony Apr 22, 2008

I am not able to activate my GPRS .My mobile modal is Motorola C 168. I have already sent activation code, but it is not working. Whenever I sent the code, I would get that you are not allowed.Please send me the steps to activate GPRS in my motorola c 168

• Pp
    P.P.Vashisth May 04, 2008

My motorola mobile no. 9896941336 EMEI no. 359414-00-585304-9 and MSN no. E70wGM45TQ has lost on 4.05.08 from Ambala Cantt (India). Please get the complain register and forward it to proper point so that the mobile is traced

• Ro
    Rohit May 07, 2009

My motorola mobile no. 9023314715 has lost on 4.05.08 from Panchkula Phase-2 industrial area (India). Please get the complain register and forward it to proper point so that the mobile is traced

• Ro
    Rohit Kumar Dadwal May 07, 2009

My motorola mobile no. 9023314715 EMEI no. 355558-01-221790-5 has lost on 5.05.09 fromPanchkula industrial area Phase-2 (India). Please get the complain register and forward it to proper point so that the mobile is traced

• Sr
    Srinivas P May 11, 2009

I lost my Motorola Rokr E6 on 6th May 2009 in Hitech City.

Phone Model: Motorola Moto Rokr E6
    IMEI No.355557010511327
    Lost Date: 6th May 2009.

Also please help me to recover my mobile. I have my original bill.
    Please inform @ 9948663955

Thanks
    Srinivas P

Anuj Kumar Aug 17, 2009

Dear Sir,

I buy your company mobile phone model no. A810 ON Dec 2008. At july 12 i face some problem in my hend set. Problem is like automatic switch off and no voice in speaker than i gave it to your service center. He told me came back after 10 days. When i want there he told me to came abck after 5 days. After 5 days he says me that your set is rejected by company due to water is in your set. I told him that why u receive my set.He reply me very rudly. My set water setcker is white. Please do somthing for my heand set i am facing so much problem with out my set.

Thanks & Regards
    ANUJ KUMAR

(Moorola Customer)

• Ka
    Kapil k Jan 18, 2010

I have LOST my Motorola Mobile Model L-9 EMEI no. 356900010804368 on 16th jan.2010 in Kamla nagar Delhi 110007

• Lt
    Lt Col V A Somanathan Nov 20, 2010

I purchised a set from Chennai last year, it became faulty while i was in ERNAKULAM, I went to the auth agency licated at Pappaly chambers Tatapuram sukumaran road, Ernakulam on 30-8-10 wide work order no 00368.It is still not repaired, Tele phone no of this agency is 04843953203
    Very poor back up9after sales service
    presently I am working at Manipal. I am keep on talking to the agency they says spares back up of motorola has failed
    Lt Col V A Somanathan

Jacob Leblanc Aug 21, 2011

I just paid $24, 31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34, 26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68, 18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

• Ra
    Ravi Vansil Dec 18, 2011

My Motorola Mobile IEMI 355055910095805 lost. If anybody can trace for me then please let me know.

rebate scam

I followed the directions to claim the rebate and I received a reply from another company located in Connecticut that handles the rebates.

They e-mail back to me that it takes 4-6 weeks.

Finally, in February, they e-mailed me again that the rebate is in the mail. I never received it. I called them up, but is impossible to get to them.

I wrote them a letter and received no response. This is my first and last experience with Motorola.

Also, from the beginning this phone did not hold the charge for more than a day.

Thank God it didn't break down. Then I would have to send it in for repair. BEWARE of Motorola rebates.

bad customer service

I recently bought a new car. Well actually, it was almost a year and a half ago, but it was a really cool new car, one of the flagship models from a leading car manufacturer. It cost me 40.000 Euros. The car moves like a dream and I was really pleased with it. After a couple of months I started buying and installing some extra equipment, an upgraded stereo, some extra lights. And I even had an engine upgrade for 5000 Euros.

Then, one morning, after a year and three months, the car suddenly wouldn't start. For no apparent reason. When I called the dealer they asked me to send the car, at my cost, to their repair center in France. Can you imagine? After a month I got a message back – my warranty doesn't cover the malfunctioning car and it will cost me another 25.000 Euros to repair (more than half the cost of the new car), so it makes more sense buying a new car. Oh, and if I want the car back, I also have to pay the return transport from France, whether they fix the car or not.

Do you recommend me to buy my next car from the same dealer? Or from the same manufacturer? Didn’t think so.

Why should I or anyone else accept such poor customer treatment for an exclusive item of any kind? That it should just break down beyond the point of repair after a year, and that the manufacturer and the dealer both say that it is not their business?

The story above, is a true story, almost. I didn’t buy a car, however. I bought a mobile phone. The latest model, the Milestone from Motorola. And the dealer in my case was a company called Expansys.

Lessons learnt:
• The first consequence of this story is that I havet o get a new phone = Unsustainable consumption.
• The second consequence is that I am so pissed that I will never buy anything from Motorola or from Expansys again (and I encourage you to do the same) = unisustainable economics.
• The third consequence is that in the web 2.0 age I am spreading this story to the world over the internet = very unsustainable economics for Motorola and Expansys.

As little as we can afford to have expensive stuff that breaks beyond repair after a year in a world with limited resources, as little companies can afford to dismiss their customers with bad service in the web 2.0 era.

I hope this little story becomes a lesson not only to me.

motorola customer support in china not responding to complaints on purpose

Hello,

I purchased Motorola Milestone in Shanghai from a Motorola Authorized dealer Sunning. At the time of purchase, I had asked dealer whether I can use this mobile phone with local SIM card in India and other countries (because I need to travel for business trips) and dealer has confirmed that this mobile phone can be used in any country worldwide. Based on this information I had purchased the Motorola milestone (XT702) phone from that dealer.

After few weeks I had to travel to India on business trip and realized this phone can not be used in India using Local SIM cards. I checked with Motorola Support Center in India who mentioned there seems to be problem with phone's software and hence this can not be used in India and problem should be resolved by the Motorola China. Hence on return to China, I had contacted Motorola Milestone support center for the solution and provided all details through Hot Line as well as Email. I had to follow-up with them for 3-4 weeks and later they asked me to contact their higher authority contact person. When I contacted this person, she earlier acknowledged the problem I am facing and also agreed that dealer should not have given false information. So I asked her to update my mobile software so I can use it in any country OR replace my mobile with another Milestone phone which can work in other countries including India OR return my money. But she refused to do any of this and promised me that she would escalate this problem to even higher authorities and try to resolve this problem. She promised that she would get back to me in 1 day, but she never called me again or informed about the status.

After one week of waiting, I tried to call her and send text messages - but she never responded to those calls & never replied back. Now she doesn't pickup my phone calls. So I sent email to Motorola Support Center and even that in vein as they have stopped replying to emails. None of the emails are responded by Motorola Support Center.

I am not sure what to do now as there is not other contact number or emails addresses where I can contact them. I am going through all this pain of following up with those people but they are ignoring and nor helpful at all. So being cheated by their dealers, Motorola should take responsibility and take corrective actions to resolve my problem.

Best Regards,

Sharad

lost handset

I lost my mobile phone motorola U9 Gsm 850/900/1800/1900 Edge, IMEI No: [protected], model no: HG103101066C. Please trace it.
my contact no: +[protected]

regards
Govindraj Arora

• Go
    Govindraj Arora Nov 13, 2010

I lost my mobile phone motorola U9 Gsm 850/900/1800/1900 Edge, IMEI No: 357716-01-013640-6, model no: HG103101066C. Please trace it.
    my contact no: +919902366771

IMEI No.: 357716-01-013640-6

regards
    Govindraj Arora

overcharged with not response

Purcased two phones on the 25th of August, recieved an email confirmation, tracking number and my credit card was charged in full on the 26th of August. On the 28th I recieved an email that the silver L6 was not in stock, but they would upgrade me to a black L6. The Black L6 was selling for $15 less, so I ask how this was an upgrade and no one could answer me. Decided to simply have one item shipped. They credit ed me the amount of the the Silver L6, but not the shipping and handling charge, thereby charging me $27.00 for shipping and handling. They will not respond to email or voice mail. will be disputing this charge with the credit card company.

no customer service

I ordered a Motorola Droid on a Monday night with overnight shipping. While waiting for my phone I received a message from Verizon stating my plan has changed and will be charged accordingly. So I had to straighten out that error. The phone finally arrived on Friday. I followed the instructions to activate the phone and had problems. It was escalated to the activation team and took 48 hrs to fix the problem. In the mean time my old phone was disconnected, so I had no phone for 48 hrs. This will be the last order I get from wirefly.

• Kr
    krzysztof125 Jun 13, 2010

You claim to be complaining about the motorola droid, and your final sentence is.
    "This will be the last order I get from wirefly."
    So you might want to rethink your complaint.

blue screen

My phone shows only a blue screen with it saying at the bottom bootloader USB Init at the bottom. you cant...

fraud

I ordered a motorola razr v3 xx new in the box with the extended warrantee plan and all the accessories. I got everthing I ordered, but the phone is for another country and does not have any signal at all. It took over 10 days to recieve the package and then when it didnt work I tried calling only to get put on hold and could never reach them again. I have faxed them messages and tried to call many times. Finally so frustrated with these folks that i reported them to the governments online scams website and also reported them to the better business bureau of new york. Terrible experience and I will never buy anything without checking the reviews. From what I understand they operate several other companies under a different name, so buyers be aware. These people should be stopped.

scam!

We are glad to inform you that from the online email ballot promotions held by D.S.T.V Company, your email have been approved to claim the sum of 950, 000.00GBP (Nine Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pounds), you are required to provide us with your information below for verification. Your Full Name:___Address____Tel:_____Occupation____Country:____Sex:____Age____Please reply this email with your information for claim ([protected]@yahoo.com.hk).

Regards Mr.Mark Alex
United Kingdom

scam

I purchased a brand new Motorola Cliq as an upgrade to my account after becoming a premier customer with T-Mobile after 3 years of loyal service. I was told i would receive a 150.00 plus discount for the purchase of the phone through T-Mobile. I went to T-mobile, was charged $150 and an additional 140 on top of being bound into a new 2 year contract. I have also been paying for insurance through T-Mobile for protection for my phone for 3 years.

After only 2 weeks, the glass on the phone broke. When I contacted T-Mobile attempting to get my phone repaired, T-Mobile rushed me to their insurance department who was quick to inform me that it would be $130 to get my phone repaired, Motorola only wanted $70 when it should have been repaired for free due to the manufacturers defect.

Motorola told me to originally send the phone to them after a one hour wait on hold and being bounced from dept to dept, I was told the phone would be a warranty repair since it is only 2 weeks old, and they told me I would have my phone back in 6-7 days repaired. I sent the phone to them, and I got in back in 6 days, the same way I sent it out. Oh, they also sent me a coupon offering a 15% discount to buy a new phone directly from them, and a note saying that the phone can not be repaired under warranty???? After they said they would and I incurred the expense of overnight shipping to send it to them. So I got back on the phone with Motorola, after 2 hours of being bounced around, hung up on, and getting dribble from sales techs, I received another RMA # and the pleasure of paying a 2nd cost for overnight shipping, plus an additional $70 to get the phone repaired.

• How did the glass break?

• I0
    i'm me Feb 15, 2010

initially the phone would not be able to be repaired under warranty bcus the manufacturer does consider that physical damage which does have to go through the insurance company (i work for them but i do tmobile claims) but they shouldn't have told you that they would fix it for free! that was wrong and totally out of character...i can't understand why they would lie. and tmobile does have high deductibles for advanced phones just like at&t...i say you fight this with the manufacturer. let me know what happens please!!!

facilitating israeli military attacks on palestinians

We should no longer be supporting a corporation that is responsible for providing infrastructure to West Bank settlements and facilitating Israeli military attacks on Palestinians. Last week, Credo Mobile, a telephone service provider that claims to be guided by progressive values, stopped offering Motorola phones to their customers after complaints from our supporters. This is a major victory in our campaign to boycott Motorola for profiting from Israeli occupation and apartheid against Palestinians! Please take a moment to thank Credo for this decision.

• Le
    Lee Anne waters Dec 16, 2009

Something has to be done. Just because compaines are large and powerful doesn't mean they don't have to listen. I think It's great. Boycott Motorola!

• Kr
    krzysztof125 Jun 13, 2010

This has nothing to do with the phone. period.

about very bad behavior of service center

I have a motophone (Model F3 ).after one & 1/2 year in my set ringtone are not ringing.then i am go to your Service center(Ridington India Ltd, 18 MMM Marg, Lucknow-226001, Tel: 2206715(Alwyes ringing not recived, 2205892(all day engage tone), and give my set to mem she pass that set to service engg. Mr. Rakesh and they are saying this set are not repaired because parts are not recived from company. then i am say why when this model in continued in market what that is poosible parts are not avilable then he will be says again ok you are deposit your set with Rs.115 then i am try to make that set if problem in board is not reaper and on Work Order No. LK/MO/0906330 write it service charge are not return why sir if first he say the set are not repaierble then he deposit my set with Rs.115 why i want to you only either my set are repair or my service charge are return my email add [protected]@rediffmail.com and my mob No.[protected] Name Ramendra Singh shekhawat
Please send me your company websight add where i says my complaints

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices