Midland Credit ManagementAwful experience

A

Four years ago these people lost their house in a sheriffs sale. Someone bought it, fixed it up (they trashed it) and we bought it from them.

I am getting calls now (I have in the past from other debtors) from MCM Collections. I, as well as my husband, have told them this person doesn't live here, hasn't lived here for years. THEY KEEP CALLING. They call early in the morning and late at night. ALL DAY. Weekends... I can't get them to stop. I've spoken with a 'supervisor' and he was very accusatory in his tone, asking personal information about me. I told him that i was not her, that they need to stop calling and I am not going to give ANY personal information to people with such terrible business ethics. I said I'm the owner of this house, they can look it up in public records.

I don't know how to get these people to stop harassing my family.

Chicago Attorney AL Jun 18, 2010

Austin, if you haven't already done so, go to www.naca.net, find a local consumer advocate attorney, and sue them.

• La
    Laurie Oct 02, 2008

Do your research - ww.ftc.gov or www.budhibbs.com

Midland is known for fraudulently claiming to be attorneys and breaking all the FDCPA laws on the books.

It probably never would have gone to court and even if it did you had a better chance of winning just by showing up.

NEVER LET A DEBT COLLECTOR BS YOU INTO MAKING PAYMENTS! NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE DEMAND EVERYTHING IN WRITING

• Valerie Oct 02, 2008

In early Sept.2008, I received a summons representing Midland. I contacted the attorney and obtained the original creditor. I advised the attorney that I had sent several letters to Midland attempting to obtain that same info to no avail. Midland never responded to any request. To make a long story short; I ended up making a payment arrangement thru the attorney in order to not have to fight in court.

It appears that Midland does this routinely, using attorneys specializing in these tactics. (basically ambulance chasers!)

A class action suit against Midland should be considered. I would be happy to join.