AllianceOne Receivables Management Logo

AllianceOne Receivables Management

Having problems with AllianceOne Receivables Management?

+1 800 858 4472 (Credit Report)
+1 800 620 1975 (Government Division Sales & Services)
+1 877 876 7886 (Job Hotline)
4850 E. Street Road, Suite 300
Trevose, Pennsylvania
United States - 19053

Complaints & Reviews

Sloppy record keeping and unethical collection practices

In 2004 I received a speeding ticket by the Yelm Police. The ticket was sent to Alliance One a/k/a Allied...

Violation of Fair Credit Reporting Act

Alliance One has listed the same item on all three of my credit reports 8-9 times. Every time one gets removed the make up a new number and relist. Have hired an attorney who said I will get somewhere around $1000 for each plus lawyers fees. Then it will be gone. If you have problems like this choose a quality credit reporting consultant to sue.

where do I begin

Ok so where do I begin. Had an unpaid ticket I forgot about. Called Alliance One to set up payment arrangment so I wasn't driving around on a suspended license. When I called Alliance One and made my payment I SPECIFICALLY asked the woman on the phone "so am I good to drive now" she replied "YES... it can take 1-3 days to show in the system but here is the reference number that u made payment and should you get pulled over give it to the officer and when he types it in it will showed u paid and ur good to drive" WELL WOULDN'T U KNOW IT, I get pulled over the next day cuz the cop ran my plates and they showed suspended license for registered owner. I explain to the officer what the woman at Alliance One said and handed him the reference number. He said my license was showing suspended and the refernece number wasn't doing or showing anything! He wrote me a court date citation for driving on a suspended in the 3d and explained I was lucky he wasn't taking me to jail. Now I get to pay an attorney. My attorney and I both called Alliance One to get the recording of that woman telling me to go ahead and drive, so I can get this ticket (crime) dropped and thrown out of court, and they will not release it to me. Since we asked for the recording ALL OF A SUDDEN I am getting tons of calls to my cell phone from a recording and a man saying I owe SEVEN THOUSAND+ DOLLARS in unpaid tickets! ARE THEY SERIOUS??!!! They r threatening to suspend my license again if I don't pay them and they will not leave me alone. They r even threatening to put a lean against my house! Somebody please tell me what I should do. Help me :) any advice please

• elisastarr79 Jul 27, 2012

Wow ur a douche bag aren't u??!!! First of all YES they do have the authority to reinstate ur license. They work with the courts (so do some research) I've never had a suspended license (cuz I am responsible) so I didn't know u had to get a letter from Allianceone to take to the dmv I just thought if u paid ur ticket u got ur license back! So if someone is telling me "yea go ahead and drive" that has a hold on my license in the first place and saying ONE TO THREE DAYS TO SHOW IN THE SYSTEM BUT HERE IS THE REFERENCE NUMBER IF U GET PULLED OVER TO GIVE TO THE OFFICER AND IT WILL SHOW UR REISTATED, then I'm thinking I'm good to drive! Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot, u obviously have some serious issues to just talk s**t to someone like this for no reason! I don't owe 7THOUSAND DOLLARS in tickets. This is the only ticket I have ever had since 96 when I first started driving so I'm not gonna pay something I don't owe to a bunch of scam artists! U need anger managment or to get a life. And obviously for u to respond to my post so fast and so RUDE shows ur a nobody with no life but a computer. Have fun spanking ur monkey!

• elisastarr79 Jul 27, 2012

Advice from someone who's bff is ur pc! Look at ur comment and how "ignorant" u r take ur own advice and grow up urself! Or better yet go seek out whoever it is ur just so angry at (maybe ur mom and dad for producing what I would imagine to be an over weight fat A** with a small D**K) and take ur issues out on them! Don't comment to me again I'm not gonna play back and fourth CHILDISH games with u all day cuz unlike u I have a life and friends that r human and not just on scocial networks and websites! Peace out loser have fun staring into ur monitor all day!

• elisastarr79 Jul 27, 2012

ignorant [ˈɪgnərənt]adj1. lacking in knowledge or education; unenlightened2. (postpositive; often foll by of) lacking in awareness or knowledge (of) ignorant of the law3. resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or awareness in an ignorant remark... there's another word I would love to call u a nice 6 letter one starting with F and ending in an ER!!! also there's a website u can go to its called OUT OF THE FOG PERSONALITY DISORDER SUPPORT!! Sounds to me like u gotta a bad case of narssicistic personality disorder going on there. Out of the fog should be able to help with ur issues buddy! Please don't contact me again cuz honestly ur last remark was ignorant enough to the point were U R STARTING TO F-ing PISS ME OFF!! GET A LIFE CALL OUT OF THE FOG AND SEEK PROFFESIONAL HELP! Good luck

• elisastarr79 Jul 27, 2012

Yep ok.. whatever u say...I honestly feel sorry for u!

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Jul 27, 2012

You're welcome Brenda.

• Et
    ethos Aug 05, 2012

If you don't owe the 7 k you don't owe it. google cease and desist letters and use them. call the clowns and request proof of the debt to be mailed to you via the address on file. don't give out your personal info whatsoever, nothing about you. they have 30 days to prove the debt otherwise they will be in violation of the federal fair debt collection act. and you can sue them if they make even one attempt to contact you about the debt. don't be lazy get on google and read how to handle collection agencies.

Unethical

Funny to think that this company is owned by bunch of ex cops and lawyers. Especially when you can catch the...

Irritating phone calls

I had a credit with Credit One. Until i lost my job in December I was never late and paid every month. I cannot collect unemployment because i worked part time. I have told them this for 5 months. They call every day, seven days a week, starting at 8:15 am, every 20 minutes, until 9pm!!!. I have caller id on my tv screen and can prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt. I have written them and faxed them the FTC laws about harassment and to cease and desist and they just keep on calling. They even went so far as to call one day and pretend to be law enforcement out of florida with an urgent legal matter. I called the telephone company servicing that number and they took care of that matter. But saying you are someone you are not to collect a debt is also illegal. I have filed a report with the better business bureau, now here, and the attorney general and FTC are next.

• He
    heath2011 Jul 03, 2011

I am habing problems with them too. They called me and told me they wanted 1300 for a credit card i do not remember having. They told me the last payment was recieved in Feb 2001. I do not remember 10 years ago, and i never remember having this credit card...I wanted them to mail me info but they refused, said they did but they never did. They would not stop calling so I put a block on their number hoping it would force them to send me paperwork I could read but still nothing

• Ju
    justmyself01 Jul 04, 2011

That's beyond harassment, that's down right terrible! I thought they can't call until after 9AM for debt collections...?? Take pics and save all their caller ID calls...good luck!

• He
    heath2011 Jul 05, 2011

I was fighting them too, they called me about an account that is over 10 years old. I don't even remember having this credit card. I asked for documentation in the mail and they sent nothing...they said they did but I never got it...then they said they could not send out anymore...I finally had enough and blocked their number from my phone hoping they will be forced to mail me some proof so i can see what is going on...they said it was opened in ohio and the address they gave was my ex's and so i am curious...they said the last payment was in feb 2001, I was living in ny thn so I have no idea what is going on

• Ju
    justmyself01 Jul 05, 2011

Hmmm that is interesting...could be a scam artist. A friend of mine said this agency called him, threatening they were going to come to his job and arrest him, charges were being filed etc. Then he asked for proof or the company name of the loan company, they couldn't prove it. He asked for documentation they pretty much said the same thing. Could be someone scamming to get money because they know ppl don't want to be arrested. But sounds like maybe someone used ure info to get a cc???

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jul 05, 2011

Could it be that they just want the money that you owe them on all of those past due payments? Be fair it's not their fault you no longer have a job does that mean that they should just ignore the fact that you cant pay your payments that you owe them?Maybe you could sell that fancy T.V. With caller ID & Attempt to pay them something towards your bill?Maybe you could try talking to them instead of ignoring them & the fact that you owe them money & work out some kind of a payment arrangement that would be fair to them?So you would'nt be upset by their phone calls & they would'nt have to keep calling you because you owe them money?Since you know your not entitled to unemployment maybe it's time you got a job & paid your bills so that you dont ruin your credit.

Irritating calls

I had a credit with Credit One. Until i lost my job in December I was never late and paid every month. I cannot collect unemployment because i worked part time. I have told them this for 5 months. They call every day, seven days a week, starting at 8:15 am, every 20 minutes, until 9pm!!!. I have caller id on my tv screen and can prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt. I have written them and faxed them the FTC laws about harassment and to cease and desist and they just keep on calling. They even went so far as to call one day and pretend to be law enforcement out of florida with an urgent legal matter. I called the telephone company servicing that number and they took care of that matter. But saying you are someone you are not to collect a debt is also illegal. Ihave filed a report with the better business bureau, now here, and the attorney general and FTC are next.

Mrs Rodgers she so calls at the Gig Harbor office!

THIS ### THAT CALLS HERSELF MRS RODGERS HAS THE NERVE TO TALKING ABOUT SERMONS ABOUT LIFE. SOMETHING THAT HAS...

Unethical Collections

I had a DUI some years ago and was convicted last year at the Kirkland, WA court. Yes, I know stupid thing. Court ordered $2, 525 in fines and penalties. As I am on a limited excess income with kids and mortgage, I was unable to pay everything up front. Kirkland, WA contracts with AllianceOne to make payment plans. I started off fine but December came around and I did not get a paycheck. I was unable to make the December payment to AllianceOne. In January, I did get a paycheck and sent them $500 (5x my normal payment after one missed payment). I get a letter shortly after from AllianceOne saying that I have $1, 130.96 in new Interest and Late Fees! No phone call or letter from them indicating this might happen. I was just a few days over 1 month late on the payment. The late fees and interest are 50% of the total amount owed to them.

Is it just me or does it seem like a conflict of interest having a company that does collections also handle payment arrangements for the courts? I also received a letter around the same time as the Late Fee/Interest notification that my license was going to be suspended because this item had been placed in collections. So if I do not pay their exorbitant fees, I will loose my drivers license. These guys really have me bent over.

I do not know if there is any recourse for the Fees/Penalties. I am writing to the Kirkland court to see what they can do to remove from collections but do not have too much hope.

I could understand $30 to as much as maybe $100 in late fees for this. But $1, 130.96? Really? This is just wrong...

• Ca
    CATME Apr 30, 2011

what the hell.. i know i owe put give me the correct info..i almost paid for someone else using the acct number they gave me..ive got nothing in the mail from them and they never told me i could this on line.is this a joke??away for me to pay for someone else

Rude Harassing Phone Calls

Alliance One is a very rude and harassing company and appears to be part of Capital One, since payments are made to Capital One Solutions. Just so you know, I have cancer, and have not been able to work regular for over a year now. I have a family member that has helped, but their funds are limited also. This family member will only help, if I can settle with the credit card. I have been trying to settle this account since Jan 2010. Capital One has sent my account to their Alliance One Office for collection. I had great credit before cancer, I always was able to take care of my bills. But life has changed, and I am offering them a fair settlement, but they want more and have told me they will take everything I have, if I don't start paying. The sad thing is there is not much for them to get.

But for others with the same problem, answer your phone, they can only call you once a day. By law if you tell them to stop calling your neighbors, job, spouse, or anyone else they have to stop. The only way to stop the home phone calls is to write a letter and I would sent it certify mail, so you can prove it was received. And also, start making notes of all communication with Alliance One, you may need it later. Good Luck!

• Kc
    kcardiff Dec 30, 2010

I too have tried to square up with Capital One where I was willing to make reasonable payments to pay off what I owed and they offered me two scenarios - either pay the entire amount or pay half this week and half next week. If I could do either of those, I would have done that a long time ago. Alliance One recently contacted me after calling and harassing family members and even calling me at work. They worked with me for a few minutes and sounded understanding and even offered "better opportunities" to pay off my balance. I told them I attempted to work with Capital One in the past and they would not work with me. They said they understood and would offer me a better solution. After being nice to me the gentleman on the phone began to get more stern with me. I actually felt threatened by him. And his "better opportunities" ended up being the same thing that Capital One had offered me. They wanted me to cash in my retirement fund or borrow the money from wherever I could and I needed to send them a "good faith" payment right that instant. I told them I could not do anything until I spoke with my wife and they didn't seem very happy with that. They said they would call me back in the evening, trying to corner me into a time. They did call in the evening but my cell phone was off at the time.

This afternoon, his boss calls me at work and in an angry voice, asks me why I didn't answer my phone. Then he got even angrier when I told him I couldn't answer at the time. He asked how I was going to pay right now - either all of it or half now and half next week. I told him I could not pay either way. He got angrier yet. He demanded that I borrow the money now or find some other way to get the money to him as soon as possible. I told him I would like to call Capital One first before I make any arrangements with them. He got angrier and said that Capital One will just transfer me back to them. I said I would take my chance and try it. He said "go ahead and I'll talk to you again in 15 minutes." I told him I could not call right now as I was at work. Even angrier yet he told me to call Capital One right now. I told him that I could not because I was at work. He did not understand this so I explained to him that if I was making personal phone calls at work I could get fired and then I definatly could not pay them any money. He asked me a final time if I intended on paying in full (no option this time) and I said, no, I cannot at this time. He said "Good Luck" and hung up on me.

Not very professional. I definatly feel threatened and harassed. I understand if I owe money but that treatment was uncalled for. I lost my job for a few months and that put me behind financially and my wife and I have been struggling since to get back on our feet. There are people living high on the horse driving expensive vehicles but not working at all and living off of the government but I'm trying to live life fair and square and I have to suffer.

Thank you for your insight and I hope things get better for you both in health and in wealth.

collections

Harrasing calls to my job; now calling my neighbors asking questions about my description and habits.

vinniy2 Oct 11, 2010

yes, they have also called a neighbor. I have cancer and have not been able to work regular, there is no extra money. I had great credit before this. I have tried to settle but we are to far apart. Is there a class action law suit against this company, if so, I would like to be part of it.
    d

vinniy2 Oct 11, 2010

If you answer the phone, they can only can you once a day. By law, if you tell them to stop calling you at work and you neighbors, or any other person, they have to. Your home phone can only be stopped in writing, but send it thru the mail that will give you a recpt for delivery. Also, start making notes about every phone call, you may need them later.
    d

vinniy2 Oct 11, 2010

who has a lawyer, I read my rights on line. And I want to make a settlement. I didn't ask for cancer, in order not to pay. A family member is trying to help me, but their funds are limited.

vinniy2 Oct 11, 2010

Alliance One is a rude hassaring company that crosses the line and it appears they have a lot of complaints, and if they are breaking the law, don't you think something should be done?????

vinniy2 Oct 11, 2010

this is to stealth pilot: do you know how to read, I am trying to pay a settlement, I had a life changing illness, that might very well take my life, my income has been greatly reduced. I am trying to pay what I can, but that is not good enough for Alliance One. I thought about bankruptcy, but I decided settlement would be the best way to go for both parties. My other creditors were great to work with, and were happy to settle. And I would love to damn well pay what I owe to stop the phone calls. I pray you have good health for life.

vinniy2 Oct 12, 2010

Until you work in someone's shoes, how can you be so quick to judge. I am paying my house note, car note, insurance etc. I am working as much as I am able to. But I have two jobs to make ends meet. One job of 30 yrs and a wholesale business of 8 yrs. I am selling off inventory at a lost to stay afloat.

But, this original conversation that was posted was not about me, it's about Alliance One and confidentiality.

Alliance One is abusing their authority to collect a debt. Being nice will get you more than rude behavior. And why does Alliance One have the right to call your neighbors, what happen to our private rights and confidentiality? That is the real issue.

thanks for the chat

Paid credit collection agencies, they never paid credit card

My daughter and her son had a credit card bill with Chase, They were unemployed and making min payments. They were contacted by Alliance one and told if they could pay a large sum in a week, they would set up a low bill to pay each month. My Husband used his Wells fargo card to pay $400.00 and my son in laws mother used her credit card to pay $400.00. A month later they get a notice from chase, that they did not make their payment and will now take them to court. They now have legal fees and court fees and an extra $1000, 00. So Alliance one collected the money and NEVER PAID CHASE!

Unathorized bank charge

I am an authorized representative payee for a person on Social Security disability who receives $674 per...

Customer ervice

Today Wednesday May 26, 2010, i received a letter from Alliance One telling me that i owe 2 tickets from 2008...

Unauthorized charges

Tried to make a web payment for a ticket fine (That quadrupled when it went to them) The credit card transaction failed 2 times but they charged me 5 dollars for each "attempt" This is ridiculous and most likely illegal.

• Is
    Isabella Dec 30, 2008

I had payments set up with this company to withdraw a certain amount from my checking account each month on the 28th. Last month (November) I called the day before Thanksgiving to tell them to take out the money early instead of on that date. I spoke with Troy and he told me it wasn't a problem.

I checked my bank account online on the 10th of December and saw that they did take out the agreed amount ($180) on 12/1 and another $180 on the 9th. I immediately called Alliance One and was transferred to Pete, the supervisor. He told me that I didn't have a payment set up for December so he didn't know why the extra $180 was taken out and that I needed to go to the bank and get a copy of the statement and the fees the extra withdrawal accrued and fax it to him and he will get it to the Financial Care dept to get my reimbursement. I did and faxed it that day. He and I agreed that I am owed $285 for all of this.

Three days later I finally got a hold of him (after leaving multiple messages and being told he was in the office) and he said he was sick and out of the office and that he was waiting to hear from Financial Care and that he would call me and let me know how things were going. I have called back and left messages everyday since but no one will answer the phone or return my calls. I have already put a block on my checking account for this company so they won't be able to take anything else. I will continue to call and hopefully get someone but if it doesn't happen soon I will begin looking for a lawyer. I'm MAD!!!

• Sp
    speak up Jan 17, 2011

I had the same thing happen. Though it said it charged me $5, when I checked my bank account, they didn't charge me.

Unreasonable Collection

I had tickets that I paid in part from over 7 years ago out of Kitsap County WA. I don't recall failing...

Big Rip Off

From Clark County Web Site Clark County's Driver License Restoration Program exists to help suspended...

debt they say I owe

I was contected by Alliance One about this debt and I was told that the last payment was in 2005. They have...

Paid Off Debt/Still on record

A year ago I was pulled over for speeding and much to my surprise I ended up getting arrested for Driving with a suspended License. My License had been suspended several months previously without my knowledge and apparently Alliance One had sent me a letter of warning. I didn't have a problem with any of that - I assumed I overlooked the letter - I asked the Officer what I needed to do and he explained that I needed to get my License reinstated which REQUIRED that I pay off the Debt (From a $100 speeding ticket that went to collection with Alliance One)

So the next day I went into Alliance One and gave them $300 dollars -
In fact - Had I NOT - I would not be able to get my License active.
I paid them every dime and went into the DMV and I was good to go.

Recently I got a letter from them about an un-paid parking ticket -- So I called -
While I was on the phone the Operator informed me that I had an outstanding bill --

Guess what that was?

The original one - The one I paid - The one I HAD to pay in order to get my Licesne back.
And the operator made it known or clear to me that unless I paid this again my Licesne would be suspended again.

I was curious if Alliance One is run by the Mob?
Actually I don't want to come down on the Mob (Like the Italian Mob we think of in the Movies)
They seem more classy then Alliance One -
I think Alliance One has a mob mentality. They are white collar criminals that are getting away with red tape/supposed computer errors/ etc.

At the end of the day because they are in business with the courts and the DMV they have extra weight -
I believe this to be un-constitutional in fact.
I plan to take this as far as it needs to go -
All the way until they get hit with a major law suit.

• Pi
    pissed1 Apr 14, 2011

They would not set up my payment plan although i had called thirteen times, they waited until there three month penelty period to impose an additinal fee. They are thugs.

Unauthorized billing

They called and harassed my EX-wife for about a week, and her family. Then she agreed to get them the money they requested, which was about 5k. But they didn't take Visa... ok. Then they didn't call for about a week and I got a withdrawal from my account in her old name...

I caught it 6 days after it happened and my bank put a stop on the checks and the company... somehow I think their gonna do it again. As i didn't speak to them and there actually taking my money as we didn't separate our accounts yet. My ex doesn't even know it was them, the only reason I know now is because the bank draft came with alliance's name on it...

Yeah so i am probably gonna fly down there to talk with them and show them the errors of their ways over tea...

Telephone Harassment

They keep calling me looking for some woman named Dolly. The past three days they have called me five times. Each time they called, I told them this Dolly person doesn't live here and asked that they remove my phone number. Since requesting my number be removed, I have spoken with Angela twice, some rude nasty guy named Josh, and another guy named Steve. I guess my request fell on deaf ears.

• Ka
    kaylagray08 Aug 07, 2009

you can sue them for harassment. tell them that next time they call and i promise they will stop calling.

annarose Oct 11, 2010

They are relentless, but the other day they went too far. They apparently googled the apartment house where I live and started calling other residents asking them to take phone messages and asking personal questions about me. They keep calling my place of work and now I'm going to get a lawyer or consumer advocate to help me as they apparently think everyone is stupid. I don't even know why they accept that this all startged from a payday advance I took out in Jany=uary which I paid on time with the interest agreed upon. Theyy seem to all be foreign.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices