Midland Credit Management [MCM] Logo

Midland Credit Management [MCM]

Having problems with Midland Credit Management [MCM]?

+1 800 296 2657 (Customer Service)
+1 877 420 0039 (Concerns and Complaints)
P.O. Box 939069
Sat5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

I never received

I never received any notification from First Consumers National Bank. I pulled up my pay information and was being garnished. I called and found out that it was from some attorney Mary Jane Elliot, in Novi, Michigan and I never received a piece of mail from her. Some nasty woman answered the phone and told me that I was sent mail to my ex-husband's address (we've been divorced for over 7 years) and I never resided at his address. I am contacting an attorney that represents the UAW today. This is outrageous and done without prior notification. I think that it is terrible the way the legal system works, allowing someone to sue a person and the person isn't notified.

Sieze property

How can this company sue someone without having them served to appear in court for suit? I received a judgment for my property and I do not even know what this matter is about and had no contact with this agency!

I am pissed that they are not doing this procedure the legal way! They are skipping all formality and going straight for the jugular! The company name is Midland Credit Funding, LLC. based in Bay City, Michigan. Who do they work for and why are they charging interest for their work to us consumers? I am tired of them!

• Su
    subha s Apr 17, 2011

Midland Credit Management is a subsidiary of Encore Capital. Their Corporate Headquarter/Operations is based in San Diego CA. Their collection calls (the majority) are outsourced to India. They are huge and making money hand over fist. If you go to the Encore Capital website, you will learn a good bit. Not much help, I know...just and FYI. Good Luck~ Samantha

• Ex
    expatbrit Jan 20, 2012

I found a negative report from MCM on my credit report and immediately disputed it as it was for a debt I do not owe.

Then while waiting for the dispute to be resolved MCM wrote to me asking me to provide them with proof that the debt was paid! Nowhere in the letter was there any reference to the reason for the dispute ie it wasn't mine!

I tried phoning them only to be told I was a liar and they would ruin my credit if I didn't pay. I politely told the rep (Wendy) to check on the law regarding fair collection practice and she hung up.

Their whole attitude was it was up to me to prove to them that this debt was paid or someone else's which is not what the law states. It's up to them to prove that the debt is valid and within the statute of limitations. Needless to say their negative report has now miraculously vanished from all three of the credit reporting agencies files lol.

So if you find a negative on your credit report from them dispute it and sit back and enjoy it when they attempt to prove it's valid ;)

Sons of ###

These no good ### should be detroyed from even existing in this country. The lawyers they employ also should...

Rude service

Does anyone know how to stop this company from harassing people? Their phone operators are the ruding people on earth. I have been threatened by them and don't know what to do. They kept asking me my account number - I told them I didn't have one because I didn't know why they were calling me. She kept insisting that I did. I finally told her if she would tell me what the debt was for - maybe I could help her. She said "well, if you pay your bills we wouldn't be calling". What they don't realize is that I do pay my bills. My ex-husband opened charge cards using my name, social securty number and forged my signature on them - ran off and charged his way to crack using cash advances and they don't care. I told them I have a supreme court judge's decision that I am not responsible - she didn't want to hear it - she said that is between you and your ex-husband. Then she hung up on me!

• Na
    NasH78 Nov 27, 2009

This company has repeatedly called me trying to reach my mother. I've explained it's not her number & she does not have a phone. I've asked for them not to call again, and they still do. I've been hung up on when I try to explain it's not her number. I called back today & asked for a manager & was told I could not speak with one, I tried to explain to Cynthia my request & again was met with rudeness, said she'd remove the number & hung up on me while I was talking. Called back & was told by Maurice that managers will not take calls that I could just leave a message.

• Ag
    Aggravated shopper Jan 24, 2011

Midland Credit management is a SCAM!!! They are a joke!!! If you blow them off they will then either start contacting you as Midland Funding and add charges(but it is the same company) or worst case scenario try to take you to court and if they do its an even better situation. Go and challenge it, it will cost them money and chances are they have NOTHING, ZERO so then it will be dismissed but cost them money.

Another favorite of mine and others that have posted is to answer the phone when they call and blow a whistle into the phone, they called you so nothing can be done and at least you get the satisfaction

Again they are a SCAM.

Credit Collections

Midland credit management continuosly changes the dates on my old debt...this happens every time I pull my credit file and dispute the account.. the date changes to reflect the most recent dispute...as the debt they speak of is at least 15 years old...and in the state of Texas any alleged debt not collected in 4 years is SUPPOSE to be a dead non-collectable debt..However our credit bureaus..continualy allow these ###s to do this...I have written to Midland Credit management and they do not respond...It is my opinion that our credit bureaus are equally to blame for not following the law...

• Cg
    cgs Nov 24, 2010

ytuyi...is spamming all new posts...spam this ytuyi...KISS MY ROSY ###!!!

• Ba
    bareshinski Dec 28, 2010

SCREW MIDLAND. Follow the FDCPA. RECORD CALLS. SUE SUE SUE!
    They are nothing but ###. They are part of ENCORE. Google them.

Bad practice

I was called by MCM non stop on mt cell phone for a past due credit card bill i will admit it is mine and i owe on it and plan on paying it i called them one day on the phone and was asked the basic questions before i started with them i let them know that this conversation is being recorded for my own safety and with in my rights to do so the person who name i did not get told me i do not have the right to record them and hung up on them loved that part again i called and informed them that i was recording this call and asked for there name a phone number i could call them back at and there supervisors name this person did give me the information i had asked for told them that i would me more then happy to pay the amount in full and i asked if i could have the address of there payment dept so i could send a check and a citified letter they told me it had to be a credit or debt *wrong answer * i told them i have this right to send it by mail told them i do not have a credit card or a debit card but i do have checks and if they are refusing a full payment in legal US tender then they are forfeiting on this payment well needless to say he said he would have his supervisor call me been 3 weeks no call my suggestion when dealing with people like this is to tape the call and send the a check certified mail that way you know who got it and you get proof that they got it denying a payment in full if a forfeit in my eyes.

• Ba
    bareshinski Dec 28, 2010

SCREW psuguy58! Have a job with that wreck of a company called MCM psuguy? Or should I say Encore? F all of them!
    They buy debt for pennies. PENNIES! Screw them to HELL where they and ALL DEBT COLLECTORS BELONG! If you want to be done with them - offer them 15% of what you owe and accept 20%! AND NOT A PENNY MORE!! Send them DV letters - they are a bottom feeding ### company that will not reply. If they wont take the 20% wait em out until the statue of limitations in your state runs out - then your home free.

scammers

Palisades, New Century Financial Services, Inc, Midland Funding and many others are all owned by Pressler & Pressler, 7 Entin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054. They are corrupt and have many judges paid off. They sit on the committee that makes all the rules for the Special Civil Part of the Law Division Court in New Jersey. Go to google and put in : Pressler & Pressler scam also go to Pressler and Pressler club also another website is defeat Pressler and they will tell you all about the scammers. We should all pick a date and go pick it at the Capital in Trenton. At Governor Christies office. Otherwise it will never get resolved. Nobody listens to 1 person but if we go in a big group they will have to deal with us. email me at [protected]@gmail if you want to make signs and pick it at the Capital in Trenton. How about we pick a date and spread the news. What about December 1 st at 1pm??? Let me know if you can show up. Tell everyone on every board that complains about Pressler & Pressler or their companies. Spread the word and RSVP to me so I figure out what kind of numbers we can do it with and if it will be worth it. Thank You and God Bless You All in these stressful and trying times. Dolly

###S

MIdland Funding LLC ###

• Ca
    caren1970 Dec 07, 2010

I owe a credit card and limit was $2000 there taking me to court and suing me for $3200 with interest and court fees and I have filed in court and they keep calling me and harassing me what can I do

• Ca
    caren1970 Dec 07, 2010

Deceptive Junk Debt Collector!!!!!!

• Bl
    bluenotesBb Nov 02, 2010

ok, now your annoying. LEt people tell their story

• Th
    The_Dude_2020 Oct 06, 2012

I and my attorney hope the harass me :) I need a few thousand dollars in my pocket from when I sue them. Midland pretty much stays within the Federal laws. They may be breaking some state laws since they are out of Ohio and their so called attorney files in Ohio. If you feel they are doing something illegal, contact an attorney in your state and simply sue Midland. A petition will do nothing, but sending them a lawsuit will :)

• Th
    th!sman Nov 09, 2012

CA push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick

Fraudulent Company

Mary Cochrane Jan 25, 2011

LIEN LAPSED!
    2004 WELLS FARGO BANK IOWA. N.A. ("SELLER") P510409 7000 VISTA DR, WEST DES MOINES IA - UCC FINANCING STATEMENT IN WHICH WELLS FARGO SOLD EVERYTING TO BUYER 'MIDLAND FUNDING NCC-2 CORPORATION ("BUYER") 8875 AERO DR, SUITE 200 SAN DIEGO CA 92123.
    MARY COCHRANE
    SAVE AMERICA ONE MORTGAGE AT A TIME

Mary Cochrane Jan 25, 2011

IA UCC Financing Statement
    Phyllis Lowder, Portfolio Recovery Associates, 120 Corporate Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23502
    DEBTOR 'Wells Fargo Bank NA" 700 Vista Drive N8235-03D, West Des Moines IA Jurisdication US Type" National Assocaition SECURED PARTY 'Portfolio Recovery Association WLSC37 & WLSC38 - All accounts dated October 31, 2008 filing relates to a sales by SELLER "WELLS FARGO BANK NA TO BUYER PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATION. SEE GOOGLE.COM TYPE IN SEARCH 'BUSINESS ENTITY SEARCH IA' AND TYPE 'WELLS FARGO' IN SEARCH BOX AND YOU'LL FIND P575264-1 FINANCING STATEMENT 12/8/2008 4:30 PM 1

Copyright © 2011 Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc., 120 Corporate Boulevard, Norfolk, Virginia 23502, USA. . (757) 519-9300. http://www.portfoliorecovery.com/
    Portfolio Recovery Associates complaints - Causes for dissatisfaction
    Consumers, who had problems while dealing with this collection agency, have shared the following experiences in the forums:

Collection of debts discharged in bankruptcy: Portfolio Recovery collection agency is accused of collecting debts that have been discharged in bankruptcy. One consumer claims that the CA tried to collect on a Providian account which was written off in bankruptcy. Learn more…
    Harassment over the phone: An elderly person complained that the CA called him day and night, in violation of the FDCPA, and accused them of threatening him. He finally had to file a complaint against Portfolio Recovery with the BBB and his State Attorney General's office. Find out more on this…
    Harassment for debts past SOL: One consumer says the collection agency harassed him for a debt after the Statute of Limitations in his state had expired. They also kept calling him at his place of work, despite being asked repeatedly to not do so. Get the details…
    Collection of non-existent debts: Some people have complained that Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC tries to collect accounts that never existed. One person said that the CA claimed that he owed $600 for an account with "Bank of Omaha". But, the poster said, he never heard of any such bank and had no accounts with them! Read more…
    Reluctance to provide written documents: One consumer said that he paid an account with Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC in full, but the CA did not send him a letter or document acknowledging the debt had been paid in full! They said they would send him a document, but he never received it! They did not also update his credit report! Learn more…

• Te
    Tee yellow bus Mar 01, 2011

How do you get them stopped from garnishing my employer

Harassing Tactics

The Petition site is: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Shut-Down-Midland-funding-LLC-Junk-Debt-Collection-Companies/

scam artist

Everyone Join me in the fight to shut down Midland Funding LLC a Junk Debt Collector and all of there locations! They are violating our rights and using illegal methods to harass us and using manipulating legal practices to packet your hard earn money! website for petition is: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Shut-Down-Midland-funding-LLC-Junk-Debt-Collection-Companies/

Rude and unprofessional

Midland calls me about 6 times a day on my cell phone during work hours so i do not answer. The kicker from this is they don not leave a message for a return call. Next the guy says when i did answer that i have been making regular payments, so i ask why the calls then. He say i owe him the money and i say nope its the company i had the account with not you and he gets really upset and hells at me and gets rude and talks to me like i him his child or something so i go off him. I ask him how did he get my cell number and i never get answer back or any answers on the account. So i just hang up amd that makes them really mad and when they call again they mad so right off the bat they rude and confrontational so i just tell what i will do and hang up. But really who do they think they are for real

No information about Collections

I have no idea who this company is collecting for. Also the lawyer for the plaintiff David A Cohen/Mitchell G. Slamowitz/Mitchell Selip, Esqs. Cohen & Slamowitzllp will not give any information. So they can just file papers on a court and collect money for no reason. And they dont have to identify who they are collecting for???? Second the collection letter from the sheriffs office is the only notification of anything.

chory Oct 13, 2010

if they sue u, just don't miss a court date, answer the summon. don't pay until they prove the ownership of the debt, (ask them for paperwork that they can collect the debt from you legally), and validate the debt( proofs that u owe this debt). i also have them dimissed my case when i asked for proof in court. it was never went into the trial, they just dimissed it on pre-trial. don't pay if they can't show u proofs. statements from midland is not proofs.

• My
    myst1cdr4g0n Oct 26, 2010

Notto Jul 06, 2011

I wish I have read this a year ago, I received a lawsuit and call Midland Funding, I set a payment plan with them I paid for 9 month then I got laidoff I called them and told them I can not make any more payment because I am not working. They said to call when I can make a payment.
    I got a job four month ago and just receive a letter address to the company I work for from them, with the amount and judgement paper asking for information about me.
    What should I do is this illegal and should I let my boss know since the company name in on the paper.
    Help

what is this

I recieved a letter asking me to settle my almost 12, 000.00 debt with them in half and only pay $6, 502.86...

Total scam

Midland Credit sent me a notice that I owed over $1, 600 for a bill from Citi Bank. I contacted Citi and they said I owed nothing and to ignore them, now I've received a notice from Alliance One on behalf of Midland & Citi Bank. I contacted them but didn't give them any information. They said it was from a debit from 1984 and they had my social security number. I wouldn't give it to them, so he told me it. My ex-husband & I had claimed bankruptsy due to an auto accident and it was finalized in 1985. I told them not to contact me anymore as I didn't owe this, but they said I had to prove it, I had to send it a copy of by bankrupsty discharge notice. Do I really have to do this? This is way of the statue of limitations in my state of Washington.

Chicago Attorney AL Jun 18, 2010

Tommy,

First of all, DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT TO THEM as this will generally reset the statute of limitations in most jurisdictions. Secondly, this debt should have been discharged in your bankruptcy if you had competent counsel, so you probably do not owe the debt. Third, obtain a copy of your credit report to see if they are reporting this debt as being current, if so, you almost certainly have cause to sue them for a violation of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"). Fourth, they are the ones that have to provide proof of the debt to you, you do not have to prove it is not yours (remember the logical problem of proving the non-existence of something, you really cant do it). Ask them to notify you in writing of what they intend to do...if they say they are going to sue you in court to recover, this would be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ("FDCPA") as they are forbidden from threatening to take action that they know they cannot undertake, i.e., suing you on what is clearly a time-barred debt as well as suing you on a debt that was most likely discharged in bankruptcy (check your BK petition to verify that this Citibank account was listed as a debtor, however, even if it was not listed, it is clearly time barred/beyond the statute of limitations.

Lastly, or perhaps first of all, you should contact a local attorney that is a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates ("NACA"), you can find an attorney on their website at www.naca.net. Good Luck and don't let these bums push you around. I could say a lot more but I have to get back to work...

AL, Chicago Attorney

harrassment

First I need to let anyone know reading this that there are TWO addresses on the letters I receive from thi...

Disputed dispute

MCM sent me letters over about a 2 year period suggesting I owe varying amounts and not in increasing order. Started at $7, 000, then went to $8, 000 and ballooned up to over $10, 000 and then went back down to $9, 000 and $8, 000. I like many others have played the card game bull... you know the rest, so I called them on it and said prove that I owe you anything. First they sent me another statement asking me to pay, then as stated by others they asked ME to give them proof of the debt. Finally some outside company they work with sent me a letter stating that MCM had NO DOCUMENTATION showing that I owed anything. Problem solved right... WRONG!!! They have recently sent me a statement (without the red markings this time) asking me calmly and nicely to pay $9, 000 on the debt they already couldn't prove I owed. I swear these people are a piece of work. I'd be offended if I thought anybody intelligent actually worked there. Best part is, they said they would report account as paid in full once I paid; lucky me! *sheesh*

Disputed dispute

closed account

I closed this account in January of 2006. Pay the bill in full also I cut-up the card and sent it back with...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices