Having problems with Northland Group?

Northland Group Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Northland Group Customer Service. Initial Northland Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Northland Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Northland Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Northland Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Northland Group Inc.collections

Received two separate (false) claims by USPS of being pursued by a major retailer (closed account; zero balance) for collection of unpaid credit card balances.

The first was a request for payment in full, the second, using the same total, was an offer to split the cost into smaller monthly payments

Called the major retailer to let them know and they did not have any process by which the matter could be addressed.

The BBB site does not allow for collections related posts/complaints.

We knew this was a false claim due the account being closed and we verified the zero balance with the retailer, however, the mailings are likely to easily convince others to send in payments as they give the appearance of legitimacy.

Northland Group — phishing scam

I am a Senior living in FL on a fixed income. I received a bill from this co. on Jan. 9th 2014 in the amount...

Northland Group Inc — Collection letter

I received a letter from this company stating that I owe $25, 036.13 to a company called LVNV funding LLC...

Northland Group LLC — harassing calls about someone elses dept

about 3 years ago i moved to my current address. i purchased cable through time warner and bundled internet...

Northland Group Inc.collection letter

I received a letter for a debt that I never had. They have been doing this under the name of Portfolio Recovery Services since I moved back to the US. And now I am getting this from Northland Group Inc. I think they are all linked. I was out of the country for 10 years so there is no way I owe anything!! The statute of limitations on credit cards is 4 years so I don't know how they think they can even try to trick me. I don't understand why these companies are allowed to rip people off. So many people get scared by these letters and pay money they don't even owe! It's really sad.

Northlandcalling wrong number

Telephone Number [protected] keeps calling our number and asking for a person who has never lived there, I told them we had lived in this house for over 47 years and nobody by that name has ever lived here. They keep saying they are going to remove our number; yet they keep calling and I tell them the same thing over and over.

• Ke
          kevin Wade Mar 28, 2011

I have contacted them by mail and by telephone. They still insist on contacting me about a credit card bill that was originally $360.00 but now they say it is more than $1800.00.

I am now sending a complaint to the federal trade commission about this matter. They attack my credit report twice each month. I am sick of them.

• Go
          GoldOpals Opals Mar 29, 2011

This may be a silly question, but is the original $360.00 bill legitimate; do you actually owe them that? If you do, then the bill has probably risen because of interest.

Northland GroupRipoff

In May 2012 we recieved a letter from Northland Group offering to settle a debt my daughter had for a total $356.94. In return they would send us a letter confirming the debt had been settled. We paid them the money since our daughter was unemployed and could not pay herself. Not only did we not get the letter promised but they never settled the debt. In essense Northland Group stole our money! Now we still have debt collectors calling wanting payment for the same debt Northland Group was paid tosettle. Do not sent these crooks any money! You will get nothing in return.

Northland GroupWon't stop calling the wrong number

We have the phone number [protected] which over 5 years ago belonged to Andrea Chambers. We have had it for over 5 years and companies won't stop calling us for dunning her. We have repeatedly asked them to stop, as she no longer has this number and it just continues. Make them stop harrassing us please !!
          Carol Leader

Northland GroupHarrassment

Someone from the Northland Group called to settle a debt on a 1st Financial Bank card. I do have this debt, so I agreed that I would like to make payments. Unfortunately, I'm having some health issues at the moment, and I've had to reduce my hours at work because of it. I told him this and said the amount that I could pay each month. He asked me if I ever wanted to pay this account off. Did I not agree to just make payments?? That wasn't good enough--he wanted a lump sum payment that I could not afford. Then he proceeded to tell me to borrow the money from my parents and pay them back later. My parents are deceased and have been for many years. I cannot get a loan from my bank because of this credit card, so he told me to try other banks and open up other credit cards if possible. Was very rude and kept stating that I didn't want to settle the debt. I had to yell over him that I did want to settle the debt but they would just have to take all that I could afford right now each month, that at least i'm making an effort. He then told me that it wasn't good enough and that after 6 months, i'd have to make a lump sum payment. I felt completely attacked the entire conversation. Really did not like dealing with this man or this company.

Northland Group — Debt collection already paid

I received a notice over the weekend from the above referenced company. I was very upset to see that they are...

Northland Group, Inc.Collections SCAM!

My boyfriend received a settlement letter from this company stating he owed Macy's almost three hundred dollars but we could settle for 3 payments totaling $126.66. We knew he had an old account with Macy's that he did in fact owe on so we paid the three payments and went on with our business. Now I see all kinds of things about this company being fraudulent?! Now I don't know what to do! They are accredited by the BBB. I called and got transferred to someone else and then that person wanted an account number or a social security number. I told him I didn't have the account number in front of me and I wasn't giving them a social because they were a scam! So he said he was going to transfer me to a supervisor and I was on hold for a few minutes waiting so I hung up. I plan on calling back with the account number. I've already called my bank and started the process of filing a fraud claim against this company but I'm trying to do more research before I go through with it. There are almost 300 complaints against this company on the BBB website!

• Wi
                  wifi8827 Aug 02, 2012

they are a real collection agency. And if you did in fact owe the money, AND not only agreed to pay but actually did pay, there is nothing you can do now to reverse that. If you had doubts, you should've asked all the questions prior to agreeing and paying because with collection agencies, just an agreement to pay is enough for them to pursue you.

As far as BBB complaints, I would say every collection agency on earth has complaints by debtors, it comes with being a collection agency.

I would be interested in hearing what you told the bank in regards to your fraud complaint.

• Ex
                  ExAmbot Aug 04, 2012

At this point I don't know what else you can do maybe write to your state A.G. but definitely keep the records of the successful payment with you for life. You might need them again to fight them off or others if the resell the same debt.

Northland Group Inc.LETTER OF PAST DUE ACCOUNT

1/26/2012 RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THIS GROUP STATING I OWED MONEY ON AN ACCOUNT I'VE NEVER HEARD OF. I CALLED THE COMPANY AND SAID LAST PAYMENT WAS MADE ON ACCOUNT ALMOST FIVE YEARS AGO. WILLING TO SETTLE TO A LOT LESS THAN WHAT IS OWED. I DON'T OWE THIS MONEY - NEVER HEARD OF THE COMPANY THEY CLAIM IS OWED.

• Dd
                    ddizz66 Jan 27, 2012

You need to send them A letter telling them to stop contacting you immediately, and that they have 30 days to send you proof of this debt.in writing. Also tell them not to contact any of your family. This happened to me, and it was bogus. They put their legal dept on the phone trying to intimidate me. I asked them for their fax number, or you can find it on written correspondence, and I faxed them the letter. I found a legal example online. Needless to say I never heard from them again. Dont tell them you are doing this, just do it. Tell them all future correspondence needs to be through the mail, in writing. They will leave you alone after that.

Northland Group Inc — Debt Collection

They first send a letter, Letter shows past due account balance. Also shows settlement offer (close ot half...

Northland Group Inc. — Fraudulant claim

I received a letter from Northland today stating that I owed $763.92 to Citibank and that they would settle...

Northland GroupInformed me that I owed money on a credit card that I closed that account 10 years prior

This company called me today 12/16/09 and informed me that I owed money on a credit card that I closed that account 10 years prior. I called the store that the card was through and was informed that if I did in fact owe money they would of found it through my SS.

As I already knew, nothing was found. I called Northland Group back and explained that I did not owe and they still insist that I do, I then called back the store that I had the card through and they reassured me that I do not have a debt with them. So, if northland group contacts you for an alleged debt, check all records and don’t give any personal information.

Northland Group Inc.Fraudalent account number provided

I was contacted via mail by Northland Group Inc. offering me a settlement to pay off a credit card(mastercard)I previously had with Capital One. I was under the understanding I was paying on that account. I even requested a letter confirming my accont was paid. When I reviewed my credit report I notice that Capital One had sold the account to a different collection agency called Portfolio Recovery Associates and the account number did not match the account number Northland Group Inc. provided me. I have never opened another account with Capital One. I was ripped off my Northland Group Inc. I have tried numerous times to contact Northland Group Inc. and they refused to help me. I was hunged up several times. I also contacted Capital One and they said that account number that Northland Group provided never existed. Please help. Don't know what to do!!

• Mi
                        Michelle Walters Feb 01, 2017

Contact the FTC your State Attorney General and an attorney! There are some great attornies out there that will help you with this!

Northland Group Inc.Double charging on paid accounts

Northland was collecting a debt that I had with capitol one on two credit cards.I paid them off in 2004 and they sent me a letter of satisfaction.In April of 2008 they sent me a bill for the exact same debt.I faxed them a copy of the satisfaction letter, and I thought that would be the end of it.Then they sent me another collection letter September of 2008.I called them and they replied that I only paid off only one of the credit cards.Both cards totalled $700.00, the collection was $1750.00, which I paid.Now they are trying to charge me again.Can they really get away with this.What can I do about it?

• Mi
                          Michelle Walters Feb 01, 2017

Contact the FTC Your State Attorney General and a lawyer...I personally woudl sue them in small claims court ...You would probably need a lawyer for that! Deceptive collection practices...You might want to call the original creditors and see who they sold the account to! In certain states like Georgia you can record that call and you do not have to tell them you are recording!

Northland Groupcredit collection

They got my unpublished number and called and stated they were collecting on a bad debt from citibank. I advised them to call me back in a few days to work out a payment arrangement, Never heard back from then, Instead a company Client first from boca raton florida called and said that I have a structured settlement that they wanted me to have them help me withdrawel my funds to pay off old debt that i had. I told them that i do not own any structured settlement. I was not interested in talking to them. Recieved several other phone calls from northland that they wanted to know the details of why i have not be able to pay off the debit from city bank and wanted information on on my monthly income. I discountinued the calls. then client first continued phone calls to me with phone numbers that you could not return back, block numbers. Once I told client first i will call the police and report them, all phone calls from Northland group & client first stopped.

Northland Group Inc.Annoying Phone Calls

Calls to my home phone from reps of this company for a person who does not live at this address. Caller ids as from the Northland Group, but does refuses to say what the call is about or what the company does.

I called the number listed on the website and spoke to a representative who agreed to remove my number from their list, but the rep refused to disclose what their business entails.

Northland Group Inc.settlement offer

I have received settlement letter's from Northland Group Inc. and when i was prepared to look into this account, the customer service representative was rude and was very much a bully. In the letter it says"the office will obtain verification of the debt or copy of judgement and mail you a copy". I asked for proof of the original account and the representative said he could not provide that proof to me and that it was a debt that must be paid. I refuse to pay a debt that I believe is a fruad. This company did not provide any proof nor even tried to offer me any information on the original account. They continue to send me payment letters threatening further collection if I refuse to pay. This company is a scam and I refuse to do business with any company that cannot show me proof of a debt that they say I owe.