MediacomCustomer service

I had someone in the area hacking internet networks and downloading movies, so I got a letter claiming copyright infringement.. In Dec '10 I got turned off by Mediacom, Christmas week for a week and I only found out about why I was turned off by calling their customer service number. I was told copyright infringement.
Last week my service was again turn off and the same scenario I called them to find out what the problem was and to my surprise it was again copyright infringement and I am permanently off their service.
No call, no email, no warning. Did I have security for this? Yes I did. Was my network secured with a password? Yes it was. Did Mediacom offer any assistance? No they did not.
Can you imagine coming home from work Friday night and finding no internet service?

RESOLVED

• Mediacom's response · Jul 05, 2011

I am sorry to hear that your account was terminated for Copyright infringement. If you like you can send me your account info for review. I can be reached at the [email protected]
    Chris Lord.

• Mediacom's response · Jul 07, 2011

Distributing copyrighted material is against our acceptable use policy. The full acceptable use policy can be read here: http://www.mediacomtoday.com/aup

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or on visit us on our forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport

Chris Lord.

• Mediacom's response · Jul 09, 2011

123321,

If you think there was an error, email me your telephone# or account#. With this we can trace the IP that it was downloaded on. The IP should match the modem that is linked to your account. If an error did occur we will do all we can to make this right for you.

Chris

• Mediacom's response · Jul 12, 2011

golight, I apologize that you have been having problems with our service. If you would like me to take a look at your account, please email me at [email protected] or on visit us on our forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport. I will do what I can to make this right for you.

Thanks,
    Chris

• To
    toddles123 Jul 14, 2011

I am extremely near to this user (Carbondale, IL) and am having the same problem. I have had mine turned off three times. I went through all of their paperwork to get it turned back on two months ago. I am so fed up I have just been paying the bills, I want to cancel my account, but they want 160 bucks. I just want internet. I am not downloading illegally. PLEASE HELP ME

• Go
    golight Jul 10, 2011

Mediacom could/would screwup a soup sandwich. They are the most one way selfish company I've had the misfortune of dealing with in NW Florida. The service outrages here are prolonged & predictable, two & three days without CATV service is the norm, every lightning storm within 15 miles leaves us without service & nobody at their service department gives a damn. I will be getting U- verse the second it becomes available as their service could'nr possibly be any worse than the $70 worth of nothing I have now...Mediacom can go to Hell

• Mi
    Michele61 Jun 19, 2011

My son was signed up with Mediacom for 2 years. Unfortunately, he became seriously ill and had to move home. When we called to cancel his service, we were told that we would have to pay $180 early termination fee along with his remaining monthly bill. We decided to transfer the remaing contract time to his new address at home with us. We were going to cancel our Uverse to accomodate his remaing contract time. They said we would have to pay internet and phone along with cable TV. I explained that our phone line and internet were through AT&T and we could not change these because they are linked with our home business. They said they could not transfer just TV and could not accomodate him. I asked if a Doctos documentation of his illness could help and they said no. His bill is $257 and will increase 25% when they disconnect the service. I called 2 weeks ago and still have not received the return equipment box. I put in the disconnect request and they finally disconnected the phone but the other renters are still getting cable and internet. I asked about a payment plan since my son is ill and can't work. She said he could pay $100 to lower the 25% interest increase but as soon as the service is officially disconnected, he will still be put into collection even if we contined to make payment over the next few months. What's the point. Have called twice now to return equipment and still no box to return the equipment. It is tough enough to have a serious illness but to deal with uncompassionate customer service is really sad.

• Sw
    s.w. frustrated Feb 02, 2011

i moved into my house 3 months ago. i had Mediacom install cable in my home. thats where my nightmare started. in one room they dropped the cable wire directly from the ceiling in the closet, ran it out of the closet to the back of the tv. i cant even close the closet door now. Granted i dont live in a million dollar home, its still my home and this looks terrible. i have had trouble in one or more rooms since day one. i have had to call them out approx. 6 times now to either replace shotty boxes or whatever it is they do. Only to have them leave and have to call them back for the same problems over and over. When i asked a tech to fix the wire that is preventing the closet door not to shut, he said that that is how the had to do it, so i had to have a freind come and try to hide it under the baseboard just for cosmetic reason. Anyway, i have been missing numerous hours of working waiting on techs for all of these calls (always a 4 hour window that they push to the brink) and cannot afford to keep doing so being that i am a single mother of 3. they have not offered me any rebates and told me that i cannot terminate my contract without paying a $240.00 penalty that i certainly cannot afford. REALLY? i had a tech come on Monday b/c one box went completely out all of the sudden and another blinks out every 3 minutes constantly. they came and replaced the one box and said the other was a result of a bad splitter, which they supposedly replaced.. i went back to work, came home, box didnt work, and the other is still blinking! I mean what am i going to have to do for them to get this right????? i am so frustrated and angry and when i call, nobody will let me speak to a manager...

May Liu Jul 23, 2010

I was charged for $25 "return check fee" in my recent statement.
    I changed my direct payment bank account on 5/31, and the payment was supposed to be made on 6/2. I made the change because my old account was going to be closed. Then, after filling out the change form online, I called Mediacom to confirm that the payment will be made on the new bank account. On 6/2, I called back again to make sure that the payment has been successfully made, and they confirmed that. On the next billing statement, I found out the payment was not made at all. Now they claim that I didn't notify them about the bank account change before the payment day!
    I tried to talk to the customer service but the lady was very rude. She didn't even let me finish my word. I didn't know why she was angry. I had a hard time in communicating with the representative, so I turned to email contact 1 week ago, and I haven't received the response. I guess Mediacom decide to ignore my complaint and cheat my money on purpose.

• Fa
    FARW Jun 19, 2010

im so pissed at mediacom... i have been a LOYAL customer for 3 years and i am pissed at the price i am paying.Anyways i saw on tv that they had a special 29.95 for internet cable and phone. i called them today to actually see what i was paying monthly...come to find out i pay 86.00 a month for the cable and 19.95 for the internet coming to a total of 105.85 before taxes. i aske dif there is any promo they could give me and they say its only for new customers...WHAT THE ### KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT??????????????????????????

• Ri
    RidgecrestCA May 21, 2010

I AGREE!! I am a new customer today for satellite with mediacom. The guy came out this AM at 930 to set it up. It is now 3.40pm on a friday, I have made 5 calls to Customer Service, spent a total of 1hr 50min on hold and had 2 people hung up on me, one being a supervisor because they could not solve my problem. {I did not yell at them, I just persisted that they needed to fix my problem} I am on hold as I type. The problem... There is no channels!!! I even live in a small town, it would take them 5 mins to swing by and have a look, but they wont. 36mins in and I have just been hung up on for the 3rd time!!! I am calling Dish network right now and signing up with them - I dont care how much more they cost for the same things, it is worth paying JUST to NOT have to deal with MEDIACOM!!!

My advice, save yourself the stress and waste of time PAY THE EXTRA - DO NOT USE MEDIA COM!!!

• Pr
    PRYAN Jan 26, 2009

Just got off the phone with Mediacom's joke of a customer service. (Iris was her name.) Business must be booming for them if they can afford to treat every customers with such a cavalier attitude.

No wonder they have dropped the customer satisfaction questions from the end of their calls. If I had any alternative I would use it in a heartbeat.

• Pa
    Paula Aug 28, 2008

AFTER MAKING A PAYMENT WITH A CUST.SRV REP (COULDN'T USE THE AUTOMATED SYS AS IT KEPT PUTTING ME IN THE 'LOOP OF DEATH' AND NOT ALLOWING ME TO USE THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM I HAD MY INTERNET AND PHONE SERV. DISCONNECTED. IT TOOK 5 CALLS TO 6 DIFFERENT REPRESENTATIVES WITH INCLUDED 2 DISCONNECTED CALLS *AND* A TRIP TO THE LOCAL OFFICE TO GET A SERVICE CALL FOR THE NEXT DAY SET UP. I WAS OUT OF SERVICE FOR 3 DAYS AND FOUND OUT IT WAS THE REPS FAULT WHO TOOK MY PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE WHO REMOVED THE SERVICES OFF MY ACCOUNT AT THE TIME I MADE THE PAYMENT! I WAS COMPENSATED ALL OF $4.47 FOR THEIR STUPID MISTAKE AND MY INCONVIENANCE. ...I HATE THESE PEOPLE. THEIR WAY OF TAKING CARE OF CUSTOMERS IS TO GET RID OF US AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE -WITHOUT- RESPOLVING OUR PROBLEMS... I'M SURE IT'S ALL A CALL STAT SITUATION, BUT IN MY BOOK THAT IS NOT/NOT/NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    ###S!