Having problems with NetZero?

NetZero Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 638 9376 (Customer Service)
+1 800 390 1977 (Premium Technical Support)
Civic Center, Hayes Valley
Thu9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NetZero Customer Service. Initial NetZero complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NetZero above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NetZero. Discuss the issues you have had with NetZero and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Netzero — prepaid master card

Bought the card for $4.95 at the store and put $35.00 on it for an online purchase. When I called to activate...

Netzero — Interenet fraud unauthorized use of card

My husband is a senior citizen he only gets so much a month on social security. My husband purchased internet...

Netzero — Scam Company

NetZero is really in the "scam industry, " as they have no product or service to offer or support. They...

Netzero — POOR SERVICE

NetZero mail application so clogged with advertisements that it is often virtually useless. Crashes, freeze...

Netzero — charged service I never asked for

I applied for internet service giving them my credit card info. Then after searching the internet, I found...

Netzero — Ripped Off

I told the agent January 8, 2015 that I needed internet service for school use. She asked if I would use a...

Netzero Broadband Mobile — Ripped Off

I am a student and needed internet service for online classes. I purchased a mobile broadband from an agent...

Net Zero Internet Service — Still charging fees

I am really getting irritated by this fraudulent company! I got their dial-up plan for 9.95 a month starting...

United Online Collections (Netzero)Fraudulent bill

I recently received an alleged "bill" from United Online Collection (Netzero) for $19.90. This statement said that my "payment" was past due and if I didn't pay it within a certain length of time, it would be turned over to a collection agency. Here's the problem...I do NOT have an account with this company, although I did look into it a couple of years ago when I got a new computer. At that time, I sent them a note stating that I was not interested in their services and have not heard from them until this past week. I will NOT be paying this bill because I do NOT owe them any money. I did already send a note to the Better Business Bureau and I will next be contacting the state attorney general's office to file a complaint with them.

NetzeroFRAUD AND INTIMIDATION

I was visiting my sister in Florida who had just purchased a new Dell computer. I put the computer together for her and wanted to connect to the internet and set up email for her before I left to return to PA since she is not computer literate. I installed NetZero on her computer and then called them to set up a "free" 30 day account on my credit card. I was switched to India and spoke with a man who said my credit card wouldn't be billed for 30 days and that I need the 14.95 version which had Norton Security. I explained that I had just installed the latest version of Norton on her computer and didn't need it. He insisted I did and I insisted I didn't need it. We hung up after several rounds of this. I then realized there was no modem on my sister's computer so she called ATT and set up an account -ATT would send a modem the next day. I called NetZero back and was connected to an Indian named "Summer". When I tried to cancel the account she insisted I needed Norton even with cable. I again said I did not want or need anything from Net Zero. After several minutes of this, I asked "Summer" what part of NO! she didn't understand. She then, in a threatening tone, said my credit card number could end up on the internet for everyone to use. Needless to say I was shocked and upset. I hung up and promptly called American Express to cancel my card explaining my conversation with "Summer". Also, when I tried to uninstall NetZero from my sister's computer the computer froze - three separate times! Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do about removing this program as well as reporting this company? Better Business Bureau needs an address and I don't have one for NetZero. And what about Norton?? Shouldn't they have some responsibility here since it's their program that Netzero is pushing?

NetzeroStill charging me

I signed up for NetZero, but realized later that I wanted to cancel it. I called and cancelled the service and I thought all would be well. It wasn't. About a month later, I began seeing a charge of $4.95 being drafted from my account from NetZero. I've tried numerous times to get this to stop but it has not stopped.

NetzeroReviving an old account and billing!

Got a call from NetZero recently, asking for payment on a bill for $49. This came as something of a surprise, since we hadn't used NetZero as our ISP since 2003, and it was the free version of their service at that time. They apparently reactivated the account and tried to bill it in August of 2010, and when the credit card attached to the account was declined (7 years old, no shock), started adding up billing. No idea why they suddenly reactivated the old account, though I don't recall if we ever officially canceled it (it was a free account). After an hour-long argument with the billing rep and her supervisor, we got the account canceled (I hope - after reading here, I'm not sure) and the charges forgiven. We hope.

Netzerobilling

i got netzero for free for 30 days and they didnt tell me i needed a landline til i called them after i got the cd. so i got that and said i had a local access number so i wouldnt be charged long distance and then i got my bill and it was $400 some so i called and canceled and they offered another month free and i said its not free if i have to pay for long distance. so they looked again and there wasnt a local nnumber now but i got it canceled and then my other bill came from my phone company and it was $300 some so i my phone company said to report them to the BBB and im going to do that now. the phone company got rid of $400 but i still have to pay $300 of netzeros mess up and i cant afford that with a 1 year old and another on the way!!!

• En
              englewoodm0m Jul 20, 2009

NetZero is BS. First of all, when i was 1st acquiring about the services, I asked the rep if needed a landline and i told her her i didn't have one but she said i could use the modem in my computer. Myself, not that computer savvy, So I'm like OK. OK I get the software and discover i do need the landline. So i didn't use the software after that. I assumed i wouldn't be charged because i didn't "Use" it...wrong! Netzero charges on availability not usage. Not explained to me by the rep. I decided to check the card that I had used for this, but not for this reason of this charge, just checking because i haven't in awhile. So, I saw this charge from the 8th of this month. I Googled the description UOL*NETZERO and saw multiple complaint links and the number, so i immediately called. They started talking about that availability charging jazz, and said that will cancel the account and billing. Then asked me why I'm just calling and that i should have canceled prior to the billing. I'm like what, then i went off...First of all if i was using the service i would have known my billing date. They charged me 50.70 3months of service. She goes on to say the funds wasn't available, I said yes and the wasn't available because i wasn't using the service and had I'd been using the service the funds would have been made available. She went to say they'll refund one month's service, because there considering my case, BS NetZero.

Mad as hell in Englewood, Co

Netzero — Unauthorized charges

Netzero has been charging my credit card for 6 months for an access service I never requested. They would...

Uol NetzeroUnauthorized charges from bank acct

Checked my bank statement on 07/23/2009 and noticed that Netzero debit my account $4.95. I cancelled my Netzero account October of 2008. Called Netzero and they said they provided me with a backup account which I did not authorize or even know about! $44.55 has been "stolen" from my account by Netzero!
            Gary Hightower
            [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ri
                Richard J. Lower Nov 30, 2010

I am being charged $4.95 a month for something that I don't know what it is. I cancelled my net zero account in April of this year and only saw this charge when my wife asked about it. It has been on my card since I cancelled my account.
                and I can't get any answers from the phone number on the account. Thank you Richard J. Lower E-mail address ([email protected] )

NetzeroRip Off

NetZero was my internet provider for months. One month I was charged and realized I hadn't use this service for a while and it was no longer needed. The reason I stopped using this service because it was not fast enough and could not accommodate my needs. I work from home as well as take online courses. I needed a faster service. I called NetZero to discontinue the service. When the representative heard I wanted to cancel the service, he immediately went into a sales pitch. He tried to offer me free service, etc. When I said no, I just wanted to cancel the service, he wanted to know why. I told him I didn't use it and I had another provider. Then he wanted to know who was the provider. I told him this was none of his business and I just wanted to cancel the service. He put me on hold and came back with another sales pitch. I told him NO, I just wanted to cancel the service. After constantly telling him I didn't want the the service, he said ok, he will cancel the service. At that time, he put me on hold and came back to say, the service had been cancelled and I would NOT be charged again . He also asked for an email address so he could email me the cancel confirmation notice. This all took place in June 09. Last week, July 09, I get a insufficient fund notice from my bank. NETZERO tried to bill my account again. After telling me no other charges would be billed. I also got the online confirmation notice that the account was cancelled. I contacted NETZERO to let them know what has happened and the fact that my bank account went into a negative balance because of what they did. NetZero immediately started trying to justify why they tried to charge me for another month because the account was not cancelled and how they are not responsible for the insufficient fund fee I was charged by my bank. I had other bills automatically being deducted from my account. Because of NETZERO, I had to pay almost $210.00 in fees to bring my account out of the negative. After explaining to NETZERO what happened to my account because of their greed, and letting them know I feel they are responsible for the negative fees, all I want them to do is pay the $35.00 it cost me for their mistake. Get this, this is what their solution was: On the day I contacted them about what had happened, they sent me an email with their apology and said the account has been closed (on that day). This is a lie because I called to have the account closed in June 09 after the june payment had already been charged to my account. After telling NETZERO I was going to file a complaint, they emailed me asking to post the complaint on their complaint board so they can serve their customers better. Now do they really think if I'm going to complain about them I would only post it on their complaint board so none of their other customers would read it? I don't think so! After all what I've done, I know I will not get any of my money back. I just wanted people to know how easy it is for companies to cheat you. Please be aware and check your bank statements. Hopefully this will not happen to anyone else.
              Lesson well learned!

Uol Netzero — Fraudulent Billing

I, too, had an unauthorized charge from this company show up on my credit card. I have no idea how they...

Uol Netzero — Unauthorize use of new credit card

I was charged $10.00 on a credit card that I know has not been used for ANY online activity, but somehow UOL...

Uol*netzero — unauthorized charge

February 27 I was online checking my bank account online and noticed an authorization for $1.00 from...

Uol NetzeroUnauthorized billing

One way to prevent this kind of thing is to get a pre - paid credit card. Use it for your online purchases. There is no credit involved. . . It only has whatever cash you put on it, so just put enough cash to buy what you want and leave it empty when you don't need it.

Most hackers will test your card numbers by trying to authorize a small amount. . .

If it is compromised, the way mine was by net zero, which i just found out a few hours ago, you can easily cancel it and get a new one. If they try to take something off your card and you keep it empty when not in use, then they won't even get those test charges, which usually means someone (As in a hacker) is intending to go for broke on your card if they manage to get the test amount.

Here are a few links to some pre - paid options. . .

Http: / / prepaidvisa. Netii. Net

Or if you are looking for a broad selection to choose from. . .

Http: / / www. Creditcardinfo. Host22.com

Both are excellent resources.

Another nice feature is that you can have most of these cards send you an email notice to your cell phone, so you know what is happening at all times with your card.

anastacio pecina Jan 13, 2009

mothers ###ers can even get the comments they black them out

• Ad
                    ADILIA DOUGLAS Dec 03, 2008

Found a charge of $9.95 in my credit card account which I did not make.