Marriott Vacation Club International Logo

Marriott Vacation Club International

Having problems with Marriott Vacation Club International?

+1 800 860 9384 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 7312 (Timeshare Ownership Questions)
+1 800 845 4226 (Owner Services)
+1 800 845 5279 (Marriott Vacation Club Resorts)
6649 Westwood Blvd, Suite 500
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 690549, Orlando, Fl 32869-0549

Complaints & Reviews

Encore package

Instead of purchasing a time share I opted for the "encore" package and agreed to put $200 down. They forged my signature on 4 other documents and started charging me 160/mo. When I attempt to talk to anybody they act SO shady. No manager available. Told me they would file a lawsuit if they were me and facing forgery.

Points contract

We tried to call Marriott many times and could not get through because "they were closed for the pandemic". We were calling to cancel a purchase that was supposed to close on May 30, 2020 because to loss of income due to the pandemic. Then we received a letter from Marriott congratulating us on purchase which they closed on March 30, 2020 - 2 months early. Our contract clearly states the closing date of May 30, 2020. We have spoken to many people at Marriott and they do not care they closed 2 months early and that we cannot pay. They will not let us out of the contract. We will have to hire an attorney to fight this which will cost us money. We are also disputing the bills through our credit card company. Marriott is a rip off! We have been owners for over 17 years and this is how Marriott treats their clients. Disgraceful.

MVC Club Termination

My Timeshare account A7907 was handled very badly in AP. They didnt provide service and kept just asking for...

I have to say, Marriott Vacation Club owner services is the worst customer service I have even encountered. I have been trying to contact them for 5 days all day, I do not get an answer, I have left my call back number and nothing. 5 DAYS!!! I also tried to use their "chat box" but that doesn't work either... just continues to say "loading". I really find it amazing that when Marriott is pursuing you to purchase a timeshare they are relentless and don't stop calling you. When you need something it's a different story and it is absolutely unacceptable. I regret my decision to make this purchase and will discourage anyone considering.

missold destination points. non refund of deposit

Name Dr Abiodun Olayinka Obisesan Marriott Bonvoy no [protected] 2nd November...

Resolved all of the heartless people I encountered there

My parents owned this timeshare for close to 30 years. They pass it on to me and my family who used it for 5 years after that. I then become diagnosed with end stage renal disease and have to start dialysis. Anyone who deals with dialysis knows it isn't easy to vacation with all of the equipment and ordering the supplies to be at your destination when you get there is a bit nerve racking, wondering if it all is there and what do you do if it isn't? We were paying the fees and all bills pertaining to it for 4 years without using it, thinking once I got my transplant we should have a nice vacation destination waiting for us. Things don't always turn out as you plan I guess. With me unable to work money got tight, and the $1, 500 annual fee to them got delayed. We called and explained out situation to which we got a "we'll see what we can do for you" in response. There is then a person on my front step presenting me with papers and saying you've been served. Spent the next three weeks calling every person I was told to by Marriott to help fix this, only to have them say that it will cost me $4, 600 to reopen my account with them because of attorney fees. I'm saying all of this for anyone who hopes that there are people out there have a heart and can do the right thing. Marriott Vacation Club is not one those places. Do not expect any kind of sympathy no matter how long you've been a customer for. They only care about your hard earned money and how they are goi g to steal it from you. MARRIOTT VACATION CLUB DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL!!!

• Marriott Vacation Club International's response · Oct 01, 2019

Mr. Pidgeon, thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your ownership. We do know that Owners may encounter life events that may make it challenging to continue vacationing every year. There are options available to Owners that do not plan to travel in a year or no longer want to be an Owner with Marriott Vacation Club. This may include renting your week for the year you do not plan to travel, converting to Mariott Bonvoy points or if it works out best, deciding to sell your week.

Our team is willing to work with each Owner to find the best option available for them. You are welcome to contact Customer Advocacy directly at 800 936 6824 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to speak with our team directly about your ownership. Thank you again for your message and we look forward to hearing from you.

Resolved Mvc - time share - miss sell

Complaint Description: Miss sell of a Time Share - Marriott Vacation Club - ability to take a 5/7 day Travel...

customer service

Saturday, January 5, 2019 I just called the customer service number and received a message saying the call volume was such that they could not take the call. Call Back or go to the website. If there was any sense of customer service why not take my number and call me back at your convenience?

I tried going to the website to ask if a part of my vacation club points were going to expire or what my options were? I tried using a "chat". The chat response was I was 9th in line. OK. I waited. When I got to 1 in line I received a message that said no one was available to answer my chat. Try again later.

I tried the chat again an hour later. same Response. There is NO SERVICE to OWNERS who are new and trying to understand how things work! Horrible

timeshare

Tome Bozov is the biggest liar in the world. He is a known conman and has swindled my family out of money through his bogus timeshare presentation..saying you can get out of a 45 year lease and saying things like it's cheaper than bookings.com. hes an affectionate man to the ladies. Timeshares are unethical products, but this man tells you it's a sellable asset. He says you can go to any hotel owned by Marriott. He preys on old and vulnerable retirees

Resolved timeshare

We were sold a Marriott Vacation Club package for $1000 and chose a Hawaiian vacation. We were told the room...

Resolved misleading north carolina residents and other states about the friendship program

I have enjoyed all the Marriott products since 1989. The sales persons have always been great, except for Miami pulse team. However, with this current expansion, there seems to be some "misfits". My issue is with the Friend Share concept. Let me explain the deception about their referral program.

It has been explained to me that their program is the same for everyone, except in thre or four states. North Carolina is one of these states. It was explained to me that Marriott offers three types of awards for Friendship referrals: 100, 000 Marriott Rewards Points, 15, 000 Marriott Rewards Points, or $150 off Maintenance Fees. The problem is If one expects 100, 000 points, he will get 15, 000 points instead. Why—North Carolina states by law that only 15, 000 points are allowed.

Maybe there are some legalize clauses somewhere, but not obvious to the consumer. I had to make five phone calls during a two month period. The deception happens when an obvious expectation is not fulfilled. Marriot must notify clients in some way that there are exceptions to their referral program. Programmers should program an asterisk on the web so there is not doubt about possible exceptions. Hopefully Marriott will clean up the appearance of deceit in this matter.

• Marriott Vacation Club International's response · Nov 01, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Friendshare Program. We are sorry to hear you did not receive the incentive you expected. Our team would be happy to speak with you about this and address your concerns. You may reach customer care at 800 936 6824 or by email at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.

Resolved penalized for a cancelled vacation that was caused by mvc

We booked trip to stay at the Marco Island Location for February 24th - 28th 2018 using out Vacation Club Points on August 28 2017.

Due to hurricane renovations not being finished, MARRIOTT canceled our reservation on January 24th 2018 after asking us for room preferences on January 13th.

They offered us alternative locations but would not cover any change fees for adjusting our airfare.

I then find out that they penalized us as if we cancelled this ourselves.
Therefore I have over 3000 points I have to use this year or lose them, but can only book using these point 60 days in advance of stay, which is typically 12 months!

All customer service can say is that this is what the executive teams at Marriott has instructed them to do.

• Marriott Vacation Club International's response · Oct 01, 2018

Mr. Steineke, thank you for reaching out to our Executive Office team. We are happy that one of our customer advocacy managers was able to assist you with this matter. Thank you for being an Owner with Marriott Vacation Club.

accomodation/customer service

My partner and I have just returned from a two week holiday at the Desert Springs Marriott Vacation Club...

lack of ability to cancel

In an aggressive and enticing pitch I agreed to purchase a promotion. Now they will not let me cancel. Only 3 days has gone by. I think their inflexible policy is wrong. As I wouldn't even have gotten this sales pitch if I hadn't called Marriott Rewards, this experience tarnishes their brand in my eyes too. I think I will be cancelling my Marriott Rewards credit card and will stay at other brand hotels from now on if they don't decide to fix my issue and put the customer first. Guess they would rather have $199 of my money than have a lifetime loyal customer.

• Updated by person in Chicago · Jul 02, 2018

It doesn't appear that I can just delete this complaint. They just agreed to cancel it but only because I pushed hard contacting them both by phone and email and because I had only agreed to purchase on Friday. They should have cancelled after my first call and I shouldn't have had to spend so much time trying to fix this. Watch out. Don't agree to a promotion like this if you feel at all pressured.

complaint over preview event in hong kong ritz carlton hotel 26th may

Im writing this email to seriously complain my and my husband disappointment upon our
Registration at the venue captioned above.

The associates involved, a lady and man who looked after the reception were so rude and respectul to us when we reported to the counter.

We were asked for our names and id cards to confirm the invitation when we reached the counter. The lady just skimmed through her name list and in few seconds she said we are not the list. (not in a polite way or tried to assist us)

Then I tried to showed them your invitaton email and whats app confirmation received,
She just didnt listen and said we have gone to a wrong place and this is a wrong email without looking at the details!! Then suddenly the guy found my name on the list and told the woman yes we are on the list!

This is very disrespectful! We went all the way to attend the preview event as we are interested in the program but we were treated
So impolitely!! And their impolite manner really made us feel so bad and insulted!!

This has wasted my and husband time and ruined our sat!!! We both are so busy and just returned from business trip yesterday but we still came to find out more a out tbe club.
Anyway we just turned our back and left as this is totally ridiculous and ever worst arrangement!!

We tried to write our complaint to the hk office and mr ed tsui response made us even feel worse as he said they had already provided the car park redemption onsite but we couldnt stand the associates' attitude and just left. Is this a compensation that my time and travelling expense is not a matter?! Also he explained that they put my name as ms winnie on the list thats why they couldnt find our name! However this is not valid as the guy could find my name on the list at the end when I first reported my surnamr is chan and my husbands tam.

I cant imagine a five star hotel could bear such low service standard and personell and I cant see them handling the case seriously and try to get back our confidence.

I look forward to hearing your headquarter response on this particular case.

timeshare purchase

This review is for Marriott Vacation Club, the timeshare, not the resort itself, which is a beautiful place for a vacation. Below is the occurrence of events that has given my wife and I a lot of anxiety after being suckered into a timeshare with the Marriott Vacation Club.

We can start two weeks after we signed the contract and before we made the first payment. We called the salesman, Tiago Monteiro, to tell him that we had serious reservations about the timeshare purchase and wanted to cancel. He kept saying that there was no way to terminate it and we would lose the money we had put down, go into foreclosure, ruin our credit.

Maybe three months in, we called and spoke with a rep to ask how in the world to get out of it. He told us he'd put us on a list of the people who wanted to sell. Obviously, nothing came of that and we never heard anything about it again.

You understand that we have wanted and tried to get out of this from the very beginning. The document package came after the rescission period and we were unable to look it over in time to make a timely decision to cancel.

We were on our honeymoon in Hawaii, thinking about starting a family and future vacations. At that time my wife was considering taking a trip to Italy with my brother. The salesmen zeroed in on those feelings and plans and told us it was all possible. They raved about how it would be paid off before we knew it and we wouldn't have to shell out any extra money at all. She could go to Italy solely on the points we had.

They told us that the points could be used for cruises or airfare.

These statements are not true. The Italy trip would take a lot more points than we have. We can't save the points for future use because they expire every year. Cruises and airfare are possible but only by paying extra and heavy fees to do so. We looked at a Carnival cruise out of Tampa and after spending over an hour on the phone with multiple agents we booked the cruise. We had to pay $1000 in fees - fees we weren't told about - and found out the points we had amounted to almost nothing.

The sales presentations we attended were hours of fast talk, confusing marks on a whiteboard, and industry jargon we didn't understand and wasn't explained to us. It was high pressure sales and we fell for it. We never have made an upgrade but attended the mandatory owner update meetings where we heard the same promises and lies that are meant to coerce the owner into buying more.

The promises of using points anywhere and anytime are not true. We went to New York City for one night on a day that wasn't our first choice. In Orlando 2016 the sales reps told us that the number of points we had was so low you don't even offer that any more. They are "pretty insignificant" was the phrase they used. They wanted us to buy more; we didn't fall for that again.

The promises of easy selling and tax benefits and minimal fees and availability - all not true.

The maintenance fees alone are crippling and come at the end of the year; we have had to add to our credit card debt to pay them. All in all, the monthly payments are way too much and not the amount talked about at the closing. The timeshare was presented as a great deal and a financially wise one and that is not the case by any means.

We have reached out Marriott the last few months to cancel the timeshare but have received nothing but response letters ignoring the fact that the entire contract and process was deceitful. In addition to multiple letter to the Marriott Vacation Club, we have reached out to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's from each state involved in the sale.

In conclusion, we wouldn't recommend anyone to attend any sales meetings for a timeshare. All it has left us with is a big hole in our pockets, stress and a bunch of empty promises from a deceiving sales team. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

constantly being called to attend meeting when asked not to be called

Used our points to book a vacation in Fl. At the Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach Shores, Fl.
After speaking to an agent to book was asked if we wanted to attend a sales meeting. I said NO THANK YOU just want to vacation with some friends. Upon arriving again was asked if we want to attend a sales meeting AGAIN NO THANK YOU we do not want to, just want to vacation with friends. The next morning at 9:30am we get a phone call ASKING the same question. We went to bed very late and was woken up by the call we asked not to get. AGAIN we asked NO CALLS. The next morning again THE CALL???? After going downstairs and speaking to the same person we spoke to upon arrival SHE SAYS SHE IS SORRY!!!At this point I am very angry and request to see and speak to a manager. Had to travel to their other site to speak to a SALES manager Michal Pesik (Director of Marketing) who was very irritating and wanted to justify their calling. Basically Marriott in their rules for sales are allowed to call after 9AM. Unless you state at check in you do not want any call from the sales team YOU WILL GET CALLED. I mentioned we used points and where not there on a promotion and I expected my no calls to be honored??? BUT I DID NOT SAY THAT AT CHECK IN, doing so at booking and arrival has no meaning. So I spent 2 days with no sleep. We partied the night before and wanted to sleep in BUT MARRIOTT said NO way we have to sell you more things or at least try!!! And to make things even better at 5pm on Wed. 1/17/2018 they decide to run a test on the hot water in the building for an hour. Dirty and smelly from playing all day, wanted to shower and go out for dinner, missed our reservation waiting for hot water. ALL IN ALL A BEAUTIFUL PLACE BUT MARRIOTT'S TIME SHARE PEOPLE RUINED OUR TRIP AND FEEL THEY ARE IN THE RIGHT. I am getting to hate these people. Would have never purchased points if I knew how they operate and how rude their Marketing people can be. ALL FOR MORE $$$$$

they canceled my reservations within 30 days of my stay

Our reservation on Marco Island, Florida was cancelled by email 4 weeks before we were due to arrive during the busy Christmas/New Years week.. The reason was the hurricane. We certainly understand that damage was done and the amount of usable units is depleted. However, communication was inadequate. They have a "hotline" to keep owners updated for each site incurring storm damage. When we used the "hot line" # (as late as 11/30th) the recording from Oct says they are up and running and are expecting guests. Hence, we made no back-up plans. We feel we should have received timely notification to consider making other plans. (or at least have an updated recording)

In addition, unused points expire on Dec 31st and at this late date, there are no available placed in southern Fl (we already have air tickets).

When asking for assistance and compensation from customer service, we were told there is nothing they can do.

Voucher for a hotel? "different company"
Extend expiration date? "would make it too difficult for other in the new year"
Give "reward points" to be used at hotels...now or in the future? " Too costly as they would need to buy them"
Refund our maintenance fee? "Used for upkeep of resort"
Any other requests were answered with "if we give it to you we have to give to all"...well I say YES!

In short...the customer service people said it is too costly for Marriott. No concern for us, the owners. They not only notified us too late...they omitted information and we cancelled owners are left with nothing. Marriott has deep pockets and is covered with insurance. Certainly they should feel some responsibility and loyalty to their members. I also assume they can write off the loss.

In summation, we know the storms caused havoc. We should have been given updates and in failing to inform us in time, we lost our points and have no place to go.

Finally, while they were lax in not keeping us informed, they were able to send an email to cancel and to add insult to injury, they sent a follow-up indicating that WE cancelled when it was Marriott

they canceled my reservations within 30 days of my stay

I received an email early this week that my reservations for 2 condos at Crystal Shores (Marco Island) on December 26th had been canceled. They stated do to hurricane Irma there would not be enough rooms available. I am at the Chairman's level and made the reservations 6 months ago when there were still rooms available. I am confident that all of the other rooms were not booked by deeded owners and also suspect that several of the rooms will be checked in by re-rents. I have played phone tag with the MVC rep. who sent the email but he has been very unresponsive. We called the MVC Chairman's line scrambling to find other accommodations, but they can't help saying that my points attached to these reservations will most likely not be deposited back into my account or even if they were would need to used by 12/31/2017 as I used points to reserve these rooms that would expire by the end of 2017. As you can imagine there are no properties available in FL to book for the last week of the year. Until I hear back from the MVC headquarters I am stuck with no accommodations for my 14 family members. I have came to realize I won't win the battle to get the reservations back, but at a minimum I should get the points back for use in 2018 or even convert them to Marriott rewards points so I could at least book a hotel.

points bought

Purchased points at high pressure sale while vacationing and we found later the points are basically worthless in trying to book anything Now we are getting maintenance fees of over 700.00 a year. Maintenance on what ?? We kept the papers that they scribbled on and no where is there any mention of a maintenance amount. Going to find a lawyer to sue for return of money and government needs to stop these scams