Market Basketbad meat

M Review updated:

I dont normally buy meat at Market Basket but the last 2 times I have, the meat has had a funky smell and was gray on the inside. Both times I bought hamburg at the Woodbury Ave Market Basket in Portsmouth, NH. I guess this just goes to show that even though they have good prices, they dont have good meat. I will just continue buying my meat at Shaws or the local meat house. Avoid buying meat at the Woodbury Ave Market Basket in Portsmouth.

• Sc
    Scott123333 Nov 14, 2009

Yes, I have found the same thing in a Market Basket in Bellingham MA They must use the same tricks corporate wide. This surprises me because their prices are so good on most everything else.

• Co
    concerned citizin Mar 31, 2010

agreed completely this has happened more than a fiew times beware of hanafords meat too on downtown portsmouth on islington st. they try to put managers special discount stickers on turning meats! they look brown not pink and smell not something to play with!

• Le
    leighamesbury Apr 07, 2010

market basket's newburyport, ma, store has a pretty bad meat dept too. strangely enough there are always tons of people waiting on line to get meat. don't they smell the rank odor? i made the mistake of buying deli roast beef and the man who helped me not only couldn't keep his eyes open but he coughed on the roast beef when he took it out. i was shocked and stupidly just took what he gave me. when i brought it home, it stunk up my kitchen so badly i had to throw it away.

market basket is good on price but that's because of low overhead (weird staff, questionable perishable items, and limited inventory.) This comment is for the newburyport store only. i've been to another MB in portsmouth and the staff was very helpful.

• Da
    David Sher Feb 26, 2012

I'm a regular customer at Market Basket in Nederland, Texas. I'm even a member of the Old Men's Coffee Club in the mornin's. The
    assistant manager is very rude to me. I don't know what I've ever done to her. I don't think it's very professional of her. A woman in
    her position shouldn't be treatin' payin' customers that way!

• Ri
    Ricardo S Martins May 19, 2012

I got some Natual Spring Water from Market Basket in Westford, MA
    Bottled on: 01 MAY 12
    EXP.: 01 MAY 14 1452
    The water smells like eggs after a while when you serve in your glass of water.
    I know that if you eat chicken meat and put your dishes straight in the dishwasher, all of your disher will smell like eggs, but I'm positive that the problem is the water.
    Just wondering how come some Natural Spring Water can come with this problem.
    Ricardo
    email: [email protected]

• Da
    daisylee May 04, 2018

market basket on islington street in Portsmouth nh are the worst.the managers are rude as hell and actually stalk people of race.will never spend another penny at that store.i have witness the managers pick certain people out and watch every move they make.so please be aware .I was told by a guy named rich that I come in too [censored] often.they are simply bulleys plain and simple. will spend my time and money elsewhere.

• Br
    Brandon Ceaser Oct 22, 2018

Ethan goofing off on his job.