Lumber Liquidators Logo

Lumber Liquidators

Having problems with Lumber Liquidators?

Lumber Liquidators reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 3, 2006. The latest review HD Flooring was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint unfair and deceptive practices was resolved on Feb 14, 2014. Lumber Liquidators has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 76 reviews. Lumber Liquidators has resolved 25 complaints.

Lumber Liquidators Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lumber Liquidators Customer Service. Initial Lumber Liquidators complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lumber Liquidators above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lumber Liquidators. Discuss the issues you have had with Lumber Liquidators and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lumber Liquidators Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Lumber Liquidators — they mislead customers and don't tell them about the procedure of the installation

The company Lumber Liquidators installed the floor in our house, but after a year, the floor started to fall...

Lumber Liquidators — casa de colour oak flooring

I feel bad for the very few good reviews for lumber liquidators. They have just had thier product installed...

Lumber Liquidators — flooring and installation

Wasted $5000+ dealing with these clowns. Not even sure the installers they sent are even licensed. I don't...

Harahan

Lumber Liquidators — bellawood flooring

We moved into our new home April 07. Bellawood light ash floor with 50 year warranty from Lumber Liquidator...

Lumber Liquidators — deceptive representation of product

In 2011, we purchased cork flooring for our new home. We chose from the sample in the Lumber Liquidators (LL...

Lumber Liquidators — complete flooring failure

I purchased hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and also had them do the installation work for our...

Lumber Liquidators — keeping my money after cancelling order

Drove approximately 170 miles round trip to store and evaluate/price product. Jason, store manager, was very...

Lumber Liquidators — unfair and deceptive practices

I purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators not knowing anything about home improvement. I was concerned...

Lumber Liquidatorsinferior product

am a private investigator working with certain law firms investigating allegations that Lumber Liquidators illegally harvested timber from protected habitats, which we believe was used in the company’s Chinese oak flooring products. These products allegedly include the Virginia Mill Works Co. brand of products such as Cambridge, Coventry, Old World, Tuscany, and Windsor hand-scraped solid oak flooring, among others. In addition, the law firms are continuing their previously-announced investigation into Lumber Liquidator’s alleged use of Chinese sourced flooring products that contained elevated levels of formaldehyde, which would be in violation of state and federal laws. If you have any information regarding these matters, please contact me at [protected] or [protected]@americaninvestigative.com

• Mo
      Morgan, Lori Mar 02, 2015

We bought our living room and kitchen laminate from LL in San Diego and from the get go we had problems. Last night we saw the 60 Minutes program on the Chinese company selling the tainted urea formaldehyde being used in these laminate floors and now are worried about our health and health of our pets. It is hard to believe this product was able to enter the US without being inspected properly. We will be keeping an eye on how the DOJ responds to these allegations and hopefully there will be some accountability.

• Rb
      rboothe300 Apr 25, 2014

Don, this is not extortion. LL uses factories from China that use urea formaldehyde and they have been caught red handed shipping product that did not meet the guidelines that American companies must meet. They had product approved and shipped product that did not meet the guidelines.

Formaldehyde is used as the adhesive between the plies of the hardwood and the Chinese could careless whether it is harmful or not. Ever heard of lead in paint from China? There is your clue.

LLHater Dec 07, 2013

HSS does business in each state as a contractor yet represents themshelves as a lead store.
      This way they have no contractual abligations to customer or to their installers.
      Lumber liquidators would rather rip off their customers and installers then go to battle for them.
      If you are a customer, refuse to pay and you will get a free floor ! That is if you want their crappy floor in your house!

• To
      Tom Brother Nov 23, 2013

Well, the question remains... Does L.L. flooring (of ANY kind) contain Formaldehyde? I have read review after review and review from L.L. customers who have had fume and smell problems from flooring (especially Bamboo) from L.L.

If I buy the Bamboo product that I was looking at (before reading these reviews) will it contain Formaldehyde or not? If not will you put that in writing and put in writing that if I have any problem with a strong order like this that you will take it back with a full refund?

Tom

Lumber Liquidators — warranty denied

Do not even consider buying from lumber liquidators!!! I never write about companies, but this company sucks!...

Lumber Liquidatorswarranty not honored

We paid over $4000 total with labor to get flooring from Lumber Liquidators.It was supposed to have a thirty year warranty (yeah right).

A year later the floor is garbage. It is full of chips and dents and they won't honor one dime of warranty. We were told in the store about "how high quality this floor is" and "how they use it in there entryways." They lied. We got sold junk.

Lumber liquidators is a scam and a lie. There warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. We went through their entire warranty process and they told us to stick it.

They suck, they suck, they suck.Next time, I'll go to Lowes.

• Fl
        Flooring Guru May 21, 2013

Unfortunately there are no wood floors made with a warranty on scratching and denting... The only flooring product that's guaranteed not to scratch or dent is carpet...

• Ta
        TA888 Mar 31, 2013

Our neighbors purchased maple flooring for their whole house and it started bubbling within one year . They spoke to manager and they would not honor their warranty AT ALL!!! Some crazy excuse... We were going to buy our flooring from their until we saw his pickup filled with the NOW scrap lumber from having to take all the BAD flooring out!

• We
        We have to get them back Mar 01, 2013

I do not know how much you can sue for in small claims court in your state but in my state the limit is $5, 000. I do know that in all 50 states both the one who is making the complaint, and the one who is defending themselves are not aloud to have a lawyer with them. Both parties stand before the Judge and tell their side of the story, and present any documentation that they might have to support their side. Therefore, if you have the warranties that they gave you at the time of the sale, I would think that you should win your case. You do however have to pay a small filing fee up front, but if you win they have to pay that back to you as well as your $4000, and you can claim punitive damages from your $4000 up to the max you can sue for in your state.

Lumber Liquidatorsfloor scratches

I purchased their top of the line laminate floor two years ago. Since it was installed, every type of play toy has scratched the surface. The floor was sold to me as a scratch resistant floor which was very misleading. Even plastic toys with no sharp edges have scratched the surface. Very poor quality. Their customer service department refused to help me out. Even after sending in multiple photos with proof. Very upset and will never use their products again. Possibly thinking of suing them in small claims court to be reimbursed.

Lumber Liquidatorsflooring

Purchased Nirvana Royal Mahogany laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators. On inspectioon seemed to be a good product, but after installation my dog urinated on it. Even after wipng up shortly afterwards the laminate bubbled. Now will have to replace the whole flooring as I am not satisfied with this product.

• Fl
            Flooring Guru May 21, 2013

It's remarkable that its the products fault, , and not the fact that their dog is urinating all over their house.. HOUSE TRAIN YOUR DOG, , !!

LL RESPONSE TO TEAK FLOORING PROBLEM: Jan 02, 2013

LL Response to Laminate damage resulting from pet urine
            We never want to hear of customer being dissatisfied with a product and discuss floor care as part of the sales process. We also inform customers with a product warranty that clearly discloses what is NOT covered as shown below. Read the warranty of other sellers and you'll find NO warranty covers such damage and the occurrence of bubbles is a sign of repeated problems not immediately addressed where acids from the urine are allowed to penetrate into the MDF causing swelling to occur. It's for this exact reason we warn consumers of the need to care for the floor properly to avoid postings for issues beyond the sellers control. Based on where the problem occurred, it is possible to replace the impacted area without removing the entire, but this is best determined by a flooring installing viewing the problem on site. No matter where you source materials this type of damage can occur as it's not specific to products we sell, rather a known condition when spills of this nature get out of control. We suggest keeping an added box of product extra for this type of minor repair.

WHAT’S NOT COVERED
            Moisture (or Lack of Moisture): Damages caused by moisture (such as leaking pipes, spills, wet mopping, pets, relative humidity, subfloor moisture, etc.) are excluded. Moisture (and dryness) can cause issues such as cupping, crowning, warping, buckling, peeling, seam swelling, twisting, delaminating, or gapping.

divad Mar 03, 2011

I grew up a Home Builders son, there is not much you can advise me on. I know concrete work, dirt grades, codes all the way up to shingles. I install ceramic tile, CVT, Vinyl sheet, Formica laminates, among other remolding work. I hold an IIRC certification in Water Damage Restoration and school trained in Mold Remediation before there was a certification. . And yes my house has gutters, is on a hill with no surrounding water. The store manager sold this product with his personal guarantee to keep out slab moisture after I voiced and questioned this problem. If you want to fully understand who I am, You should have my address, plus google will let you look at my gutters. I will continue to advise as often as I can about misrepresentation of your product.

• LL RESPONSE

We never like to see this happen, but the products designed to work properly guarding against moisture when applied properly to the specifications outlined by the manufacturer. You must use the proper trowel applied the right thickness, but this cannot occur until you've tested the moisture content. What was the moisture content of your floors before you applied the product? What type of test did you use? The store will sell you the right product, but they never know the full scope of your project and tit's the consumers responsibility to read the application instructions to FULLY understand whether the stores assumptions as to what's needed for most applications is proper for your specific homes conditions. Do you have gutters funneling water away from your home? What is the outside grade.. sloping away or towards your home? Recently poured concrete? The need here is to fully understand what your projects needs are before buying as this will happen no matter where you shop if you don't understand the scope of your specific applications needs. No manufacturer guards against this problem and big box store complaints for this exact problem are found under the manufactures name, not the big box store names. We regret to hear this happened and this is a tough way to learn about remodeling projects challenges after a failures already occurred. Both suppliers are reputable with great products when applied properly under ideal conditions.

divad Mar 01, 2011

3/8 x 3 Select Brazil Mesquite Bellawood 50 yr prefinish

• Ri
            ricknrain Mar 01, 2011

Divad, If I didn't know better I'd say we purchased the same defective floor from L.L. Our floor buckled 6 days after install Dec. 22, 2010. Was your floor Bellawood, Braziian Redwood? Definitely looks like same floor from your photos! We too were also told moisture barrier would prevent moisture coming up through concrete slab, & to use 2 in 1 Adhesive Mapei 995 @ $230.00 x 2, 5 Gal. pail $460.00 by L.L. per store employees. Customer care also denied our claim. All too familiar isn't it? Please let us know what wood floor product you purchased. [email protected] Thank you.

divad Feb 03, 2011

Lumber Liquidators, Oklahoma City, OK said to trowel down this Bostiks MVP4 moisture barrier; 5 gals x 2 = 333.98 and it would protect the wood floor from any ground moisture coming through the concrete slab. He promised to put in writing which I did not get. I had reservations about buying solid wood because of problems heard putting this floor on concrete. The sales guy Brandon Banks, assured me there would no problem if I used their moisture barrier. It failed after 2 months and the floors cupped and crowned in 2 places. It had no rained for months the ground was dry. Brenda A <[email protected]> Customer Care II Lumber Liquidators, Inc. mailed a packet denying my claim because of slab moisture.

• Cu
            Customer Care Reached Out Dec 27, 2010

We ended up finding her an alternative product that she was very pleased with, so while this was not a good situation to start, I called her upon my return from time off and we reached a solid and agreeable solution earning her 100% satisfaction. We made no conditions as the result of the solution for her to remove the posting, and it highlights the fact that sometimes a situation does not go well and company's are willing to do what they can to make it right - often with success, but sometimes falling short - We reached out and gained satisfaction and made a customer happy.

• Da
            Daphne McCullough Dec 23, 2010

My husband and I added 2, 000 sq. ft. to our existing house so we purchased some
            Golden Oak flooring from Lumber Liquidators on September 2, 2010. They did not have the flooring on site so it would have to be delivered. We did not need the flooring right away so the wait was no problem. However, 1 1/2 months later we got a call from Lumber Liquidators saying that they could not get the wood. After speaking to numerous people at customer care without a resolution we spoke to a supervisor. The 1st supervisor offered for us to pay an additional fee for the flooring to be shipped to the Albany store since they could not get it from their regular supplier. No thanks. After we declined the offer the supervisor said that they would research the matter and get back to us. After about 1 week I decided to contact customer care to see what was the delay in the correspondence. I spoke with Amy another supervisor, I was told that I could choose an inferior flooring GunStock in place of the Golden Oak. We turned down the offer after viewing the GunStock; the wood was red in color and too thin (inferior quality). I called Amy, but she was not available so I left a message stating that the Remington Oak was similar to the Golden Oak, and would they substitute the wood.
            She never retuned my call. So I went down to the Albany store and was told by the store manager that Amy sent an email to the store turning down my offer of substitution.

After finding out that my offer was turned down I called customer care and was given Brian's number, Amy's supervisor, however I was unable to speak to him directly so I left a message. After about a few days, I decided to call him back but he was on vacation. So I called and spoke to Carol, who put me on hold and guess what? I was disconnected. Then I called back to customer care and spoke to another supervisor named Holly, who told me that our only option was to pay $445 for the shipping of the Golden Oak, however she was not sure if she would be able to get the Golden Oak since we turned down the first offer to pay shipping costs. The other option was to choose the Gunstock, which was the wrong color and inferior quality. The third option was to get our money back. Today December 22, 2010 I choose to cancel my order (what order!) and get my money back. After all of this, I think that Lumber Liquidators never really had the Golden Oak in the first place, this was a bait and switch deal. This company reminds me of a used car dealership.

Lumber Liquidators customer service is extremely awful. They are a very dishonest company. They have a policy of non-disclosure of material facts. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Lumber Liquidators — returns

Purchased 2000 sq ft of hardwood flooring, followed all recomended timelines in lead time for ordering...

Lumber Liquidators — do buy from them the do not disclose properly

We stopped by Lumber Liquidators to find hardwood. When we were talking to the Sales person we voiced we...

Lumber Liquidatorscustomer service

I bought $2000.00 worth of flooring and they didn't have the bull nose in stock so they ordered it from another store. I paid for 2-3 day fedex delivery and a week later it is not here. I have called the store 4 times to have them check on the shipment and 3 times they were too busy to help me and the last time they didn't even bother to answer. They weren't too busy to take my money, but they are to busy to talk to me. After reading some of these complaints, I think lumber liquidators is not a very well managed company. I am sure the corporate officers are aware of this however.

LL RESPONSE TO TEAK FLOORING PROBLEM: Sep 15, 2012

We apologize for the service at the store. Joel is the manager and this location can become extremely busy with spikes in service and we know this can have a negative impact on customers dialing into the store. I'm happy to report we are looking at other routing processes to serve customers when the store runs into busy periods, but as you noted we're not there yet and its possible to have difficulty calling inot the store. On your invoice we list the Customer Service number and we have folks ready to help and our team handles these types of issues for the store for immediate service. Call [protected] and a friendly and professional representative can serve you!

Lumber Liquidators — just say no to lumber liquidators

Bought bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. First and last time doing business with them. Not happy with...

Lumber Liquidatorsbad product/bad quality

I purchased 450 sq ft of the 50 year prefinished Bellawood Brazilian Teak flooring. Paid to have it installed in my kitchen and dining room. I let the wood sit for four weeks prior to installation. It has been a year and now the wood is separating/shrinking and warping sideways creating huge gaps. Will try to recap my money legally I suppose. When I called and complained about the quality they offered me a $250 credit towards the purchase of more of their hardwood. Seriously...So, I purchased Brazilian Teak from another manufacturer, cheaper, better quality, that buts right up against the LL hardwood and it is like night and day. Bob Villa should be ashamed of himself for endorsing this product.

LL RESPONSE TO TEAK FLOORING PROBLEM: Apr 09, 2012

LL RESPONSE TO TEAK ISSUE:
                Wood will react to the environment if not installed properly, or regulated as instructions state within the warranty / installation instructions. Given the fact you mention one product performing well compared to the installed BW flooring, this would suggest the installation failed meaning proper steps were not followed to protect the product from moisture intrusion. When you fully understand how wood floors work, you understand the appearance of this type of issue is NOT the wood, it's the method of installation. The postings more appropriately addressed towards the installer, not the seller of the wood. The offer of a credit would have been a courtesy based on the issue, not a solution to your problem as we do not pay for installer errors, but there are occasions where we try to help a customer as in this case. The funds were to be used to help the installer FIX his mistake, not remedy the floor by replacing all 450 sq ft. Go to our company website and view the Customer Care page, specifically FLOORING 101. This is where you'll find the answers and illustrations that show what happens when you hire poor contractors who do not know how to properly install the floor, or that fail to read the instructions supporting the product warranty. Sorry to hear this happened as we never want to see a floor experience this type of failure. Your comparison from a visual perspective makes sense, but it's not a good representation of our product compared to another and shows how important it is to have the installation instructions followed to the letter.

Lumber Liquidators — they are thieves and fraudulent, don't buy from them

I purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators on 4/21/11. I waited a couple of days to put it down. As I wa...

Lumber Liquidatorssplintering and slivering

We purchased 460 sq feet of Bellawood, red oak prefinished from Lumber Liquadators in fall of 2011. We chose this product because of the reputation we believed it had. We have never been so unhappy with a product or company in our lives. We did everything LL said to do. We let the wood acclimate for a week before installing was done by a professional team recommended by LL. Once the floor was laid and I went to clean it, I found my socks catching on slivers along the edges of the newly laid floor. As we took a closer look we found manufacturing defects all over the floor that you could tell were not from the installation. The installers were nice enough to return and had to replace about 20% of the floor with new boards. Then we contacted LL with our issues and concerns and have had a nightmare trying to get them to take ownership with the problem. They sent an inspector after we kept asking them, and they sent someone that did not even understand hardwood flooring is installed. We had a new box from the same lot that had never been opened and wanted him to look at those, but he said no. If you hear the name Lumber Liquidators or Bellawood, RUN... to any other store. They do not back up there product or customer.