Lumber Liquidators Logo

Lumber Liquidators

Having problems with Lumber Liquidators?

Lumber Liquidators reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 3, 2006. The latest review HD Flooring was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint unfair and deceptive practices was resolved on Feb 14, 2014. Lumber Liquidators has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 76 reviews. Lumber Liquidators has resolved 25 complaints.

Lumber Liquidators Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lumber Liquidators Customer Service. Initial Lumber Liquidators complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lumber Liquidators above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lumber Liquidators. Discuss the issues you have had with Lumber Liquidators and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lumber Liquidators Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Lumber Liquidators — wrong product, bad customer service

We’re concerned that our grievance with Lumber Liquidators will get lost among the sea of complaint...

Lumber Liquidatorscan't get wood

My husband and I purchased some flooring from Lumber Liquidators. They did not have the flooring on site so it would have to be delivered. However, 2 months later we got a call from Lumber Liquidators saying that they could not get the wood. After speaking to numerous people at customer care without a resolution we spoke to a supervisor, who offered a bait and switch kinda deal. No thanks! So I called and spoke to Carol, who put me on hold and guess what? I was disconnected. After all of this, I think that Lumber Liquidators never really had the Golden Oak in the first place, this was a bait and switch deal. Lumber Liquidators customer service is extremely awful. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

• Dm
      D. McKinney Dec 29, 2011

we are experiencing the same problem with Lumber Liquidators, and have been walking on a partially finished floor for months. Wood ordered in October, it is now Dec. 29th, and this is still not resolved--no response from our assigned customer care specialist, and have called and email three times today alone! If someone from lumber liquidators is monitoring this board, and wishes to assist in resolving, I would love to hear from them...

• LL Response:

Thank you for sharing these concerns. We never want to hear about a negative situation, but we can learn from this and wish to point out a few important facts. We do not guarantee specific delivery dates and all dates are estimates, but in regards to Oak supply we do have material so it would take more information about your purchase to understand what the issue was and possible receipt dates compared to supply. The offer to switch to another product was most likely to help expedite your order to complete your project, but we have no issue cancelling the order and the offer was not a bait and switch situation. The fact that you did not receive a call more frequently from the store with updates is a problem and I will address this width the Regional Directors of stores for a general reminder to all stores to stay in contact with customers with orders in queue. We have no one by the name of Carol in Customer Service, or the Corp Sales team, so I can't speak to what was or was not shared with you. Obviously this did not go well and we apologize for the experience. I'll take action to inform the people necessary to avoid duplicating this problem. We're sorry if this caused you any delays and regret to hear this happened.

Lumber Liquidatorsscam

I purchased (first quality “not seconds”/”odd lot”) engineered flooring on 4/14/2011. My credit card was charged in full on that same day and there was no indication that the product was out of stock. I came to learn that they did not have the product to ship yet, still charge the credit card and they fraudulently did not communicate that to me. I was never alerted when it was shipped to the store. It was only after yet another complaint that I found out 6 weeks after my purchase that it had finally shipped to the store.

There was no statement or communication that it was not in stock or that they would not be shipping the product. I checked my status on the website repeatedly and it read “Partially Processed.” I routinely complained and asked when I would receive shipment since they had already charged my credit card in full. Of course I could not cancel my order because they had already charged my card. Next, we picked up our order at the store and when we complained that the box looked like “odd lot” pieces, was not full nor looked like 30 square feet, we were told, “what do you expect this is not Home Depot.”

After loading the wood and driving 40 minutes back home, then unloading the wood, we opened the first box. Piece after piece was clearly marked by the manufacturer inspector as rejects. The manufacturer had marked a large “c” and long lines on each piece of wood noting the many defects. These included holes, large gashes, uneven coloring and mismatching grooves. I immediately called and demanded a refund. I was told this is normal and to open the second box, which of course had the same clearly marked inspection rejects. I called again and demanded a refund and advised them to pick up this wood immediately.

I am still arguing with a very highly trained Customer Service Staff who are scripted to change the subject and state that it is your fault and manufacturer rejects are what is to be expected. Customer Service provides no assistance in resolving the complaint. In fact, they lie and you end up wasting even more time as they try to blame you. I now realize I am not going to get anywhere with them. They are trained NOT to process your claim and delay the matter so that after 30 days and you prove you have defective products, they can charge you a 20% restock fee.

THE INVOICE YOU RECEIVE AT PICKUP LITERALLY ABSOLVES THEM FROM ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. I have wasted so much time since 4/14/2011 on this fraudulent company. They should not be allowed to do business as is documented by all the complaints on the web. I am going to the Attorney General next to demand they take action against this nationwide company who markets on the web, mails catalogs and fliers to your home and also employs salesman to call you.

• El
        Elizabeth V Yountz Jul 08, 2015

Lumber Liquidators finally got back with us and said they will take care of this.

• El
        Elizabeth V Yountz Jul 08, 2015

Due to the possibility of excessive Formeldlhyde in our newly purchased wood floor, we opted to take the offer of a refund for flooring purchased. We have been given the run-a-round and the customer care dept of Lumber Liquidators will not give an estimated date for the refund. We have being going round and around on testing the floor and the refund since march 2015. Is it unreasonable to ask when we can expect the refund ? You can talk to the nice people on the phone and they say they will return your call, but they don't. I will not refer this company to any of my friends or family as they don't seem to be reliable and care.

• Vp
        vpf Aug 22, 2011

I am a manager for LL and have been for 11 yrs. I don't kow of any manager in the company that are callous like that toward customers. We store managers, as anyone in the industry, are the liasion between the consumer and the product and sometime things go wrong. Anything that is bought at my store and our customers are not satisfied we offer a refund or an exchange, even if the fine print says otherwise.

Lumber Liquidatorsdoes not hold up in a kitchen

This is an old complaint but consumers should know that some of the wood flooring that they sell for kitchen use does not hold up and they have a terrible customer service department that will not look at damage to offer assistance. We spent thousands of dollars on flooring (Brazilian cherry) and it does not hold up for kitchen use. They suggested, without seeing it, that it happened from "heavy equipment, dogs, heels and a multitude of tiny print that appears in their 50 year warranty." Whatever they coat their wood with does not protect it from normal use in a kitchen. We are in our 60's, clean our floors with swiffers, do not wear heels and have 2 tiny dogs. The floor pitted, a piece of wood on one slat actually came off and I had to glue it back down and scratched and all they could do was offer me first a box of the same flooring and then $250. I did not want their money, I wanted a representative to look at my floor and see and suggest what happened and not assume what happened. They even suggestedit was my installer's fault but he installed the living room floor where there is no problem. I reported them to BBB and this did nothing, I wrote to Bob Villa who recommends this company and nothing. Email after email and still they would not come look at the floor. Very unhappy with this flooring in my kitchen and it should not be sold for kitchen use. It is in my living room and is perfect and those same dogs walk in there too. I planned on suing them but the expense was not worth the aggravation and I turned down their $250 "keep quiet" offer.

• LL Response:

Wood flooring can be used in most homes within any room, however it should be noted when installing in a kitchen area that when you drop utensils, pans, can goods and other pointed or heavy objects you run the risk of damage not covered by the warranty. LL pointed out the warranty to you which states the same, and also advises customers to avoid pooling water and other use in the kitchen that can be harmful to the floor. Our good faith gesture of $250 was an attempt to help recognize your dissatisfaction compared to what you spent shopping with us, but in the end this was a matter of your use of the floor considered wear and tear. Not unlike any other manufacturers or sellers, this type of damage is not a covered situation so we appreciate you educating others so they can avoid this type of frustrating experience. No matter where you shop for flooring, if you fail to follow the product warranty you place yourself at risk of a bad experience from failing to adhere to care instructions. We're sorry to hear this happened and offered up solutions to help you, but as you stated there's nothing wrong with the same flooring installed in the living room so this is a "use issue" and we do not inspect this type of issue for that exact reason. Please take more care when using kitchen utensils etc for a better experience.

Lumber Liquidators — defective product, poor customer service

Buyer Beware! Defective Products, Worst Customer Service, Fraudulent Actions and Charges. I purchased (first...

Lumber Liquidators — deceptive sales practices

The sales representative at the store indicated that they would accept returns on excess sale material a...

Lumber Liquidatorsinferior product/not honoring warranty

Complaint Description:
        On July 9 2009, I purchased Schon Quic Clic Carbonized Strand Bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators (LLI) for $5000. Installation was $2000. After months of comparative shopping, the sales rep had convinced me that this was the best product for high rise living. It was 10X stronger than the teak wood I had previously decided upon, it installed well over concrete floors and it had a 30 year warranty. I asked if there was any problem installing it during the summer, due to the extreme weather and was told that I only needed to have the wood delivered 3 days before installation so that it could acclimate. When I inquired whether I needed to have the air conditioning on or off, I was specifically informed that the product worked well in a wide range of temperatures. Within 18 months, the surface of the bamboo flooring began to raise and crack on 40% of the installation. I called LLI and there acted very concerned. I mailed then a disclosure statement and photos on January 5, 2011. They sent an independent inspector from All Flooring Inspections, who noted the cracking throughout my home, including on the extra wood, still in the original packaging, which had not been installed. LLI sent me a letter on March 2, which states, "Cracking is indicative of the wood reacting to its environment. Future cracking can be managed by maintaining correct environmental controls. Temperature should be maintained at 60º to 80º and humidity 35% to 55% during installation and throughout the life of the floor." This is what is stated on the Schon warranty, which LLI sent with their letter. LLI also states that they "will take no additional action regarding this matter as this is not a warrantable claim." When this product was recommended to me for my condo, I was specifically told how well it would work in a high rise. Even if I were never to open my windows or the door to my balcony, it is impossible to control the temperature in a high rise, much less the humidity, because there are vents in the kitchen and bathrooms that circulate the air throughout the building. During the winter when the heat is on, the humidity is much less than 35%. In the summer, the average relative humidity in Chicago is more than 70%. If the conditions of the warranty can never be met in Chicago, should the sales rep suggest this product and tell you that it is a better choice than wood? Hoping to spread the word to prevent others from making the same mistake.

inferior product/not honoring warranty

• LL Response:

We're never happy to hear a customer relay such a frustrating story about their purchase. Based on the information provided I beleive I located the claim and pulled the inspection conclusion as seen below. The inspector noted the product moisture content was 3% avg, and interior humidity was 16% - extremely dry for both measurements. You can install a product like this in a high rise, just incorporate the use of an humidifier as most do to regulate temperature and RH levels. It's for this reason there's not MANY postings and issues identical to yours listed, but you can still limit the impact of this condition by adding a humidifier as soon as possible. This need is covered within the warranty and installaiton instructions as a consumer responsibility to protect the product. Sorry to hear about this problem and we can help you by calling Customer Care, or visitring our site for more details and information on flooring care.

ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ON JOB SITE
            Given the field inspector's report findings, the problem causes stated above, and further research
            conducted with the technical department of the National Wood Flooring Association, All Flooring
            Inspections finds that this customer's concerns are the result of environmental conditions on the job
            site.
            Please refer to the Problem Causes portion of this report for other job site related issues found during
            this investigation.
            INSTALLATION RELATED ISSUES
            There are none.
            Please refer to attached job site photographs for your review.
            MANUFACTURING RELATED ISSUES
            No manufacturing deficiencies were found in this Schon bamboo floor.

Lumber Liquidators — worst customer service/warranty worthless

STAY AWAY from Lumber Liquidator at all cost. Product is low grade and Warranty is a Joke. Bought few hundred...

Lumber Liquidators — bad flooring

Recently I purchased a floor from Lumber Liquidators. When I was looking at the floors trying to determine...

Lumber Liquidatorsawful customer service

After spending close to $10k on our floors, they quickly detoriated to 'cupping' and actually splitting in half!! After numerous attempts to lumber Liquidators customer service, I was totally brushed off and they even accused me that I caused the problem!! Not the case, I used an installer that the local Austin shop recommended. Their final communication to me was so tasteless. We need to ensure that this company no longer does business. This company must own up to their responsibilities and represent themselves with some dignity. Is there a class action law suit we all can participate?

John Faris Jun 10, 2015

Our experience with the Austin Office of Lumber Liquidators was a very bad one. We purchased carbonized bamboo wood flooring from the Austin Lumber Liquidators office which was marketed as being extremely durable and long lasting. We also had their staff perform the installation of the materials to ensure that there would be very limited opportunity of any problems with the product or the installation. During the warranty period, the flooring buckled some and would sink slightly when we walked on certain sections of the flooring. The flooring also scratched easily and was not durable as marketed and stated. The Austin LL rep came to our home during the warranty period and stated that this was normal "flex". Then the buckling continued and worsened, and we filed a written complaint with LL per coordination with their Corporate Office, and also asked that a LL rep examine the flooring at our home. The LL written response stated that our warranty had expired. We then went to the Austin LL office and asked if an Austin LL rep could examine the floors, and the Manager would not even show the courtesy to discussing the subject with us. He had the floor salesman tell us nothing could be done. We would never, ever recommend this company for usage, or for customer service. A very bad and costly experience. We would never use their products or service again or recommend them.

• Ca
              Carpenter1955 Mar 18, 2014

I would recommend that you post reviews on the website (I did, it was pulled and I can no longer post) that are truthful about your dealing with LL. I also recommend that you post pictures of the defective flooring to their facebook page, if you are on facebook. I also advise you to have all your facebook friends do the same (give them access to a photo or two).

Lumber Liquidatorsno product

I ordered flooring in november of 2010 and we are now 3 months into the order and still no product! I have contacted lumber liquidators three times and am told each time that "order times may vary" and to basically just deal with it. Do I have to wait 6 months to a year to recieve an order from these people?

I placed an inquiry last week asking for a full refund or a substantial discount for not receiving the product in a timely manner. I still have received no response.

annie29 Jan 28, 2012

that review would have actually been helpful if you were specific as to white product you purchased!

• Product availability can often depend on what species you ordered, size, demand, or logistics, but we disclose this information upfront in case the availability may cause project delays so you can make another buying decision, but if you want a refund we're not going to hold your money and a simple call to Customer Care as instructed on the invoice can easily resolve this matter. Most often we have what you need in stock at the store, or the central warehouse. Sorry to hear this became an issue - We're in the wood business and want to sell you flooring, but your timeline may be out of line with the delivery of the product purchased and we'll work with you to make it right!

Lumber Liquidatorshorrible customer service

We purchased approximately $2000 worth of their top of the lime 12mm dream home laminate flooring a couple of months ago for finishing our lower level. We had a highly rated and well respected contractor attempt to install this flooring. The contractor read the installation guide carefully and began the process. After two days of struggling with the flooring the contractor finally gave in and shared the problems with us.

Not only were the pieces not lining up properly they were't locking together in many instances despite numerous techniques and strategies. What's even worse is that of the first 12 boxes he opened, approximately 30 percent of the flooring pieces had blemishes, chips, inconsistent sizing, or other problems.

We contacted our local store and were very quick to blame our contractor for not installing it correctly. We explained what was happening - very carefully and kindly - they basically offered no guidance, sympathy, or assistance whatsoever.

We asked if someone could come and look at the flooring that we had attempted to install and they refused, stating it was not allowed.

So we, along with our contractor's help took blue painters tape, wrote on the tape specifically what was wrong with each piece and packed up over 2 boxes of problem pieces to show the. At the store once again they were quick to blame us before looking at the samples. We tried to be as nice as we could about it to get cooperation.

After practically begging for help and explaining that it was costing us over $600 each day for our contractor's lost time they said they could send in the sample pieces to their headquarters, and that the headquarters would be in contact in a couple of days.

After allowing a few days pass my husband called them. No response. After multiple calls he finally reached someone who said they would send out an independent assessor to our home. The assessor came out and validated our problems. He said he would file the report within 2 days and the headquarters would contact us.

It's now been a week. My husband has called and left 3 messages with our claims adjuster and, just like the other 12 times he tried to reach her, she never answers or calls back. My husband has spoken with a manager, several others at the customer service center and has sought help from our lock (columbus, oh) location. No help. No ownership. And we have no hope of getting this resolved at this point.

We have thousands of dollars of this flooring sitting in boxes in our house - likely that a lot of it is faulty - and no answers, no assistance, and no idea what we can do about it. We have lost time and money as we wait. Yet lumber liquidators does seem to care in the least.

I work in the customer service business and have heard about and experienced poor service in the past. But this has been the worst. We are extremely frustrated and need this to be resolved.

• Lu
                  LUMBERLIQUIDATORSSUCKS Jan 10, 2013

Simply stated...DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS ! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS ! I SPENT OVER $ 10, 000 ON HARDWOOD FLOORING, HAD PROBLEMS, AND THEY DID NOTHING TO HELP !

Lumber Liquidatorssell defect products

We bought 1600sf Bellawood floor from Lumber Liquidators and installed it in our house. Right after the installation, my family started suffering irritated eyes, skin rash, and burning throat, respiratory stress. Indoor air testing showed the formaldehyde level was above 0.2ppm, which is 25 time higher than the normal level(0.008ppm). We have to move to other place to avoid exposure. The Lumber Liquidators and their insurance company Liberty Mutual kicked the ball back and forth, and made us a homeless for 8 months. I would like to tell other customers of Lumber Liquidators, if you are suffering some respirotary symptoms, check the Formaldehyde level in your house. If you are going to buy products from Lumber Liquidator, please think about my experience.

• Kn
                    knot Sep 30, 2012

Installed laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The flooring would not lock together. You think that it would be locked and you go on to the next row and look back and there would be a visible gap in the connection. You correct it and proceed, but the gap would re-appear. When a complaint was made Lumber Liquidators said it was not installed properly. Really laminate flooring is pretty simple. Click it together and if the product is good it will stay. If the product is not good, as was this case, it will not stay. I agree, Lumber Liquidators should be out of business.

• Co
                    constant coughing Jul 17, 2012

sorry I misspelled "pieces"

• Co
                    constant coughing Jul 17, 2012

I also bought Bellawood prefinished maple flooring from Lumber Liquidators and after the install (by another contractor) the floor is squeaking and creaking all over, Actually a couple of boards are moving up and down. I had a floor contractor come to my home and check this out only to find out by checking the box left over that the milling of the wood was poor and the pieced don't fit together properly, so I'm stuck with a floor that makes noise every where you walk. I have also had severe bronchitis since the install. I think I will check the formaldehyde content.

• Hf
                    hfllc Jan 31, 2011

yet another reason Lumber Liquidators should no longer be in business. A simple internet ( google, etc.) search for lumber liquidators complaints will astonish most people with the level of complaints against them. thank you so much for your time and efforts reporting this.

Lumber Liquidators — thank you consumers

Thank you Consumers, My wife and I were about to visit Lumber Liq to purchase about 720 Sq. Ft. of new...

Lumber Liquidatorsfloor warranty

I spent $4000 at Lumber Liquidators buying a Hickory hardwood floor about 1.5 years ago and had it professionally installed. Soon after the floor was installed it started warping, buckling and the joints split. After spending about 3 months going back and forth with them, taking every step that they recommended for their warranty "process" they will not warranty their product. They even sent out an "independent inspector" who said that the floor was not properly installed and that the floor was out of level 1" in 6'. Both statement are incorrect!! This is a $350k house that had a $350k remodel. The only problem with the house was that I purchase LUMBER LIQUIDATOR PRODUCTS!!!
                  Dont believe their warranty!!

• Vp
                      vpf Aug 22, 2011

Once a tree is cut from the root it does not produce moisture. If you would have used a true professioanal he would have check the moisture and your problem would not have occured. No flooring companies warranty covers cuping and bowing it is up to the installer to insure conditions are correct to prevent these thing. Stop slandering LL due to your ignorance.

Lumber Liquidatorshorrible quality

I ordered 1800 SF of Brazilian Teak manufactured by Bellwood for Lumber Liquidators. What a nightmare! Several boxes arrived damaged upon delivery. The delivery person noted on the paperwork boxes were ripped open, damaged and discolored from other boxes. After not hearing from the store about the damaged boxes delivered I called the store directly and spoke with store manager Mike. I expressed my concerns and he assured me the boxes would be fine and I should have no worries about the installation of those boxes. When my installers arrived for the install (after the boxes had acclimated for three weeks) they too pointed out that several boxes looked beat up and odd. I told them I already called the store and they would be fine. They opened those three boxes along with seven others and sorted them by color variation, size, and proceeded with the install. After laying many of the boxes they expressed they were having constant issues with gaps in the boards. They pointed out that the boards had two separate kinds of milling and it was causing major problems. The problem was the actual width of boards were very different and so were the tongues. They suggested I contact the store and let them know so I can return them and reorder new boxes all from the same milling. I called the store and spoke to Ricky. He told me to bring in some sample boards.

The next day I brought in several boards demonstrating the boards varying width and completely different tongues. I could tell Mike the manager did not want to admit that they were from different mills but it was impossible to deny. He would just make comments like " a good installer would know how to deal with something like this" and "They can be altered by your installer to work" I pointed out that would cause additional labor I would have to pay for and I should not have to pay more money to deal with milling issues. He then said that he could send out his own installer (Brian). He said he would be able to make them work just fine. As I had nothing to lose I agreed.

Later that day a woman called and said she spoke to Mike and her company would come by to look at the floors. Several hour later a knock at my door and its a woman "Sarah" She said she was there to look that the floors. I told her I thought a Brian was coming to look at them as he is the installer. She said she was his wife. I showed her the boards and how they were all different. She just seemed oddly quiet. She obviously knew they were messed up but didn't want to say anything other than "don't worry we can fix everything". I pointed out the many rows that would have to get ripped up. She said that the three boxes that were mixed up with the others could be dealt with by "sorting them back out and putting them in the same rows". That sounded fine but she said I would have to remove what was already laid down and also order replacement boxes. She also said they would only glue down the wood. I told her as long as the price was the same that would be fine. She said Mike the manager would probably replace the boxes that caused the issue. I told her I would speak to Mike and let her know. I showed her my current installer invoice (3.00 square foot) and told her as long as she matched that I would go with them. She said she would match my installers and email me the estimate.

The next day the email comes. Guess what? they wanted 2500 more than my current installers. Not only that the glue was an additional 1200 more. So they wanted 3700 more than my current installer!! She had the square footage at 3.00 but had the stairs priced out separately and also wanted 1, 000 more to level the floors for glue down process. Obviously I was not going to go with them and she never said the glue material alone would cost so much! I called Mike and said Im just going to go with my installer and lm going to return the unopened boxes and reorder the same thing. I even agreed to upgrade the wood to 3/4 inch thick from 3/8 inch thick since they had the same teak in a smaller width but for a similar price. He said to bring them in and I would reorder them.

After renting a uhual and breaking my back getting the boxes back to the store the manager said that I had ten boxes missing. I told him that three boxes had milling issues which screwed up the other 7 laid down. I told him about how I called when they arrived and was assured they were o.k. I explained yet again that those three boxes installed with the other 7 were mixed and rendered useless and they had to now get ripped up. Mike said he would only credit me for the three boxes that had the wrong milling. He did not want to recognize that those boxes caused the others to be useless.

Trying not to loss my cool I told him I wanted to focus on getting the replacement material (2 1/4 teak) that is listed on the website because its a a similar price. Guess What. The replacement material was not available. The only option he said I had was to pay for an even more expensive (3.25 teak). I told him I didn't even want that as I have a 1915 craftsman and I was not comfortable going with such a large width. Additionally that the cost was more more expensive price per square foot (3500 more!). I already was in the hole 7 boxes he would not credit, installation costs that were wasted, renting a truck for the return, and cost to rip out the crap that was down. Now he was telling me my only option was to pay 3500 more!!! It was obvious I was getting nowhere with him. He had no compassion to the situation and just seemed to generally not get how I was put in a situation not of my choosing. Lets not forget this entire nightmare was brought about by having different milling mixed in with my order. Since they no longer had any replacement material at similar cost ( 2 1/4) . Even though the website says the do. I requested to just have the unopened boxes I just returned credited to my card. I said I would have to eat the 7 boxes and just order them somewhere else since the only option extended to me was to buy more expensive teak. This SOB had the nerve to tell me that he would "not give me my money back" . He said he "was not convinced it was a milling issue" Are you freaking kidding me!!! I was just speechless. To think I would have to take the hit on all of this. Its like I had a gun to my head. I told him I since I was left with no alternative I had no choice but to pay an additional 3500.00 and order the teak in 3.25.

I left the store feeling sick to my stomach. Like I had been mugged. Its just sad when you feel so completely taken advantage of and have absolutely no power to make the store take responsibility. All I can do is share my story and let others know of my horrible experience. Hopefully it will make you reconsider and purchase elsewhere. As a realtor I am constantly asked for referrals on everything from kitchen cabinets to floors. I used to always recommend Loews or Home Depot as they guarantee the work and generally my clients were very happy withe them. Looks like I should have taken my own advice. I only went with Lumber Liquidators because the teak they had looked so nice in the store. I will let every client know my experience at Lumber Liquidators. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

I will let you guys know how the final install goes when the new material arrives.

• La
                        LarryinEM Jul 20, 2013

I was just ready to go the the Twin Cities LL store and buy solid hardwood flooring for my kitchen. I sympathize with your situation and, since I have read MANY complaints about this place, I have no intention of buying from these people now. Thank you for your most complete description of the situation. I'll go elsewhere for my flooring

• Jb
                        jbirtman Nov 16, 2010

Has anyone taken lumber liquidators to court?

Lumber Liquidatorsterrible quality / milling issues

I ordered 1800 sf of brazilian teak manufactured by bellwood for lumber liquidators. What a nightmare! Several boxes arrived damaged upon delivery. The delivery person noted on the paperwork boxes were ripped open, damaged and discolored from other boxes. After not hearing from the store about the damaged boxes delivered I called the store directly and spoke with store manager mike. I expressed my concerns and he assured me the boxes would be fine and I should have no worries about the installation of those boxes. When my installers arrived for the install (after the boxes had acclimated for three weeks) they too pointed out that several boxes looked beat up and odd. I told them I already called the store and they would be fine. They opened those three boxes along with seven others and sorted them by color variation, size, and proceeded with the install. After laying many of the boxes they expressed they were having constant issues with gaps in the boards. They pointed out that the boards had two separate kinds of milling and it was causing major problems. The problem was the actual width of boards were very different and so were the tongues. They suggested I contact the store and let them know so I can return them and reorder new boxes all from the same milling. I called the store and spoke to ricky. He told me to bring in some sample boards.

The next day I brought in several boards demonstrating the boards varying width and completely different tongues. I could tell mike the manager did not want to admit that they were from different mills but it was impossible to deny. He would just make comments like "a good installer would know how to deal with something like this" and "they can be altered by your installer to work" I pointed out that would cause additional labor I would have to pay for and I should not have to pay more money to deal with milling issues. He then said that he could send out his own installer (brian). He said he would be able to make them work just fine. As I had nothing to lose I agreed.

Later that day a woman called and said she spoke to mike and her company would come by to look at the floors. Several hour later a knock at my door and its a woman "sarah" she said she was there to look that the floors. I told her I thought a brian was coming to look at them as he is the installer. She said she was his wife. I showed her the boards and how they were all different. She just seemed oddly quiet. She obviously knew they were messed up but didn't want to say anything other than "don't worry we can fix everything". I pointed out the many rows that would have to get ripped up. She said that the three boxes that were mixed up with the others could be dealt with by "sorting them back out and putting them in the same rows". That sounded fine but she said I would have to remove what was already laid down and also order replacement boxes. She also said they would only glue down the wood. I told her as long as the price was the same that would be fine. She said mike the manager would probably replace the boxes that caused the issue. I told her I would speak to mike and let her know. I showed her my current installer invoice (3.00 square foot) and told her as long as she matched that I would go with them. She said she would match my installers and email me the estimate.

The next day the email comes. Guess what? They wanted 2500 more than my current installers. Not only that the glue was an additional 1200 more. So they wanted 3700 more than my current installer!! She had the square footage at 3.00 but had the stairs priced out separately and also wanted 1, 000 more to level the floors for glue down process. Obviously I was not going to go with them and she never said the glue material alone would cost so much! I called mike and said im just going to go with my installer and lm going to return the unopened boxes and reorder the same thing. I even agreed to upgrade the wood to 3/4 inch thick from 3/8 inch thick since they had the same teak in a smaller width but for a similar price. He said to bring them in and I would reorder them.

After renting a uhual and breaking my back getting the boxes back to the store the manager said that I had ten boxes missing. I told him that three boxes had milling issues which screwed up the other 7 laid down. I told him about how I called when they arrived and was assured they were o.K. I explained yet again that those three boxes installed with the other 7 were mixed and rendered useless and they had to now get ripped up. Mike said he would only credit me for the three boxes that had the wrong milling. He did not want to recognize that those boxes caused the others to be useless.

Trying not to loss my cool I told him I wanted to focus on getting the replacement material (2 1/4 teak) that is listed on the website because its a a similar price. Guess what. The replacement material was not available. The only option he said I had was to pay for an even more expensive (3.25 teak). I told him I didn't even want that as I have a 1915 craftsman and I was not comfortable going with such a large width. Additionally that the cost was more more expensive price per square foot (3500 more!). I already was in the hole 7 boxes he would not credit, installation costs that were wasted, renting a truck for the return, and cost to rip out the crap that was down. Now he was telling me my only option was to pay 3500 more!!! It was obvious I was getting nowhere with him. He had no compassion to the situation and just seemed to generally not get how I was put in a situation not of my choosing. Lets not forget this entire nightmare was brought about by having different milling mixed in with my order. Since they no longer had any replacement material at similar cost (2 1/4). Even though the website says the do. I requested to just have the unopened boxes I just returned credited to my card. I said I would have to eat the 7 boxes and just order them somewhere else since the only option extended to me was to buy more expensive teak. This sob had the nerve to tell me that he would "not give me my money back". He said he "was not convinced it was a milling issue" are you freaking kidding me!!! I was just speechless. To think I would have to take the hit on all of this. Its like I had a gun to my head. I told him I since I was left with no alternative I had no choice but to pay an additional 3500.00 and order the teak in 3.25.

I left the store feeling sick to my stomach. Like I had been mugged. Its just sad when you feel so completely taken advantage of and have absolutely no power to make the store take responsibility. All I can do is share my story and let others know of my horrible experience. Hopefully it will make you reconsider and purchase elsewhere. As a realtor I am constantly asked for referrals on everything from kitchen cabinets to floors. I used to always recommend loews or home depot as they guarantee the work and generally my clients were very happy withe them. Looks like I should have taken my own advice. I only went with lumber liquidators because the teak they had looked so nice in the store. I will let every client know my experience at lumber liquidators. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

• Ke
                          Kelly Jim Apr 23, 2011

I also agree and have also had a problem with the finish being very soft for example shifting furniture with special hardwood flooring protectors on them and it dents the flooring . I also rolled out the refridgerator and it left wheel marks in the soft finish.I assumed oak was hard so it has to be the finish, I am very dissapointed!!!

• Sk
                          SKolb Feb 19, 2011

I agree totally! I am in the process of trying to install LL's 5" pre-finished heart pine. The mill quality of the product is absolutely terrible. Pieces vary (with-in the same box) from 5" to 5-3/16" and end tounge / grove's are too long/short. I have wasted way too much time on this floor and will never make the same mistake again.

Lumber Liquidators — the floor pro llc.

if you thinking of getting wood floor install by The Floor Pro. out of the Lumber Liqidators store. They need...

Lumber Liquidators — customer service

The customer service at the Charlotte NC Lumber Liquidator's is horrible. I went with my mom and dad to...

Lumber Liquidatorsdon't purchase

Purchased Nirvana Laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Pittsburgh PA. Once purchased was told all sales were final - no returns. Prior to instaLlation my contractor and myself realized just how inferior this product was. The floor crumbled in my hands with little pressure- but I was stuck - I couldnt return the product! What to do? So I installed it. My daughter dropped a plastic hairbrush and the floor dented and the wood grain covering peeled off. This floor is simply pitiful. I did the right thing and contacted the Customer service office. I then sent a letter with 3 pieces of sample board for their quality team to examine. And then emailed the corporate office to assist in resolving this issue and THEY RESPONDED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE" I personally examined the samples provided and noted several impact damage marks on the sides of the boards and the samples support the original findings shared with you that the product was not in fact defective, but the care being used to install the product was in question.I see no evidence of manufacturing defects from what we see and the claim the product is defective is unsubstantiated.

• Jf
                            jfar01 Feb 22, 2010

I am serious! I even took boards out with a towel and with gloves on - its J U N K _ It wasnt the glued backing it was the interlocking pieces that were compressed cardboard and inferior

• Po
                            Potential Buyer Feb 09, 2010

How can a product like a laminate crumble in your hands? I mean the one comment about the wrong mill stuff makes sense, but they're not selling cookies so how can something made with glue fall apart? Please stop wasting peoples time when real shoppers look to this site for stuff that makes sense to avoid getting ripped off. I read one of the other complaints and a response. You must have hit the sides or something and dropping a brush isnt going to hurt anything..are you serious?