Lumber Liquidators Logo

Lumber Liquidators

Having problems with Lumber Liquidators?

Lumber Liquidators reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 3, 2006. The latest review New laminate flooring was posted on Aug 1, 2021. The latest complaint unfair and deceptive practices was resolved on Feb 14, 2014. Lumber Liquidators has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 77 reviews. Lumber Liquidators has resolved 25 complaints.

Lumber Liquidators Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lumber Liquidators Customer Service. Initial Lumber Liquidators complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lumber Liquidators above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lumber Liquidators. Discuss the issues you have had with Lumber Liquidators and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lumber Liquidators Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Lumber Liquidatorsdon't purchase

Purchased Nirvana Laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Pittsburgh PA. Once purchased was told all sales were final - no returns. Prior to instaLlation my contractor and myself realized just how inferior this product was. The floor crumbled in my hands with little pressure- but I was stuck - I couldnt return the product! What to do? So I installed it. My daughter dropped a plastic hairbrush and the floor dented and the wood grain covering peeled off. This floor is simply pitiful. I did the right thing and contacted the Customer service office. I then sent a letter with 3 pieces of sample board for their quality team to examine. And then emailed the corporate office to assist in resolving this issue and THEY RESPONDED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE" I personally examined the samples provided and noted several impact damage marks on the sides of the boards and the samples support the original findings shared with you that the product was not in fact defective, but the care being used to install the product was in question.I see no evidence of manufacturing defects from what we see and the claim the product is defective is unsubstantiated.

• Jf
      jfar01 Feb 22, 2010

I am serious! I even took boards out with a towel and with gloves on - its J U N K _ It wasnt the glued backing it was the interlocking pieces that were compressed cardboard and inferior

• Po
      Potential Buyer Feb 09, 2010

How can a product like a laminate crumble in your hands? I mean the one comment about the wrong mill stuff makes sense, but they're not selling cookies so how can something made with glue fall apart? Please stop wasting peoples time when real shoppers look to this site for stuff that makes sense to avoid getting ripped off. I read one of the other complaints and a response. You must have hit the sides or something and dropping a brush isnt going to hurt anything..are you serious?

Lumber Liquidatorspoor cutomer service/poor installation contractors

My husband and I spent over 7, 000 to put Bella Ash wood floors in our home. We thought they were a reputable company. I was assured of quality work and a good product. I met with their installer an older contractor mr. Parker who seemed knowledgable of his job. A week later two young men arrived at our home and installed the floors. It was my birthday week and I was there for most of the installation. They never took temperture readings of the subfloors or tested for moisture. A week after the insatllation all the floors cupped. After talking to their representative about the issue I was blown off and sent a flyer in the mail of floor inspectors that I had to pay for represented by their company. I never received even a phone call back. We can not sell our home with cupped floors unless we pay to sand them down. It is not a moisture issue like they said as we have had it checked . It is from poor installation and inccompetance of the contractor that they did not make sure the floors were acclamated to the temperture in the house.I will never do business with this company again and will write every newspaper and magazine to make sure people know this company doesnot care about the consumer . Forbes magazine listed them as 2009 best new company I would hope everyone who wrote a complaint about them would contact Forbes magazine about their compaints so others will not be taken advantage of. This is not a good company to work with. Forbes number is [protected] K Slade [protected]@yahoo.com

• Jf
        jfar01 Feb 22, 2010

AMAZING YOU ARE SO ADAMANT TO PURCHASE WHEN SO MANY ARE WARNING YOU - YOUR CHOICE- MY ISSE WAS not AN INSTALLATION ISSUE AND STILL THEY WOULD NOT STAND BY A PRODUCT WHICH WAS DEFINITELY INFERIOR- IT WONT LAST 2 YEARS LET ALONE THE 25 IT IS SUPPOSEDLY WARRANTEED FOR.

• Po
        Potential Buyer Feb 09, 2010

I'm reading these complaints considering a purchase and the company does not seem to be at blame, but its a bunch of people making acqusations that don't seem to hold water. This site should be used ot lodge actual compalints, not someones opinion for their own actions or lack of care and concern...What's wrong with you people? Considering what I can save it sounds like all I need to do is read the instructions and ask some questions to get a good deal.

• Ll
        LL Customer Care Response to Quson Dec 10, 2009

The issue stems from installation. During your conversations with LL Customer Care you stated this was not a Lumber Liquidators problem rather an installation issue. We contacted Mr Parker and he made sight visit to your home. Mr Parker investigated and learned there was a failing A/C unit that elevated humidity and aided this problem according to your spouse. He offered options to correct the problem that were not accepted.

The negative comments about our company are frustrating to read when you stated several times that you knew the wood was not at fault. We had no obligation to pursue the installer to address your concerns, but Customer Care intervened in good faith to help our customer only to receive a negative review that did not include all the facts surrounding your problem.

Lumber Liquidators was recognized by Forbes for our overall contributions as a company providing quality products at low price using innovative ways to cut costs keeping prices low for people to improve their lives while adding to their homes value. We regret to hear you have some dissatisfaction with your flooring after installation, but the concerns with LL are not supported by the actual problem that has nothing to do with our product purchased.

Lumber Liquidatorsdefective flooring

Bought 1165 feet of Select Brazillian Koa flooring for $4, 700. Had it professionally installed and within a day realized how easily the finish scratched. Just walking on the surface in shoes caused noticable scratches. Moving furniture or operating a wood floor sweeper left visible marks on the wood surface. I spoke to a few employees in person and of course they said a representative would come out to inspect. As usual, the only response I received was a form letter denying any problem (they never would come out to inspect) and telling me how to care for a floor (wow).<br />
      I will hire a lawyer to pursue. I would never buy a piece of molding from this irresponsible company. There is a quality issue and by sending me a form letter denying a problem exists only shows that a company like this preys on consumers.

Lumber Liquidatorsswitched product

I picked two samples to bring home Maple and Oak both 3/4 thick hardwood. We ordered 1400sq ft of maple and then changed it 2 days later to 900sq ft maple and 500 sq ft oak for different houses. Maple was fine, but when laying the oak the carpenters were having a hard time and asked why we bought 1/2 in. We were shocked and hadn't even looked at the wrapped boxes that had been loaded for us. When I went to question the store they said you take it it's yours. I showed him my only two samples both 3/4 and sample paperwork and he said they never even had the 3/4 in Oak s0 he didn't know where I had got that. But, both samples had the same writings and pricing from that same salesman on the back of the wood. I have over 15 people that would vouch they saw both samples as we were trying to decide and then 2 months later when it arrived and we were having it laid. LL said they never even had that in stock until 2 weeks ago for sample cuttings, so they don't know where that sample with thier handwriting on it came from. It just so happens that they did have now the same sample cuttings in the exact price that was written on my samples and the 1/2, that I never even looked at or was interested in was $1 sq ft cheaper. And we paid the exact price as the 3/4 in. They were so lying to my face and didn't want to even deal with me. We paid by bank cahiers check over $5000 and have no recourse for this as if we would have with a credit card. Why would I pay $1 more per Sq. ft for 1/2 than3/4 and it wasn't even the color of the sample or same manufacturer as the same sample on display now, exact one that I still have. Someone made out with over $500 from this Blaine store and we are ticked! We should have paid by credit card only and looked under the tarp when they loaded it, we trusted them and they scammed us BAD!!! Also, they gave me their current printed invoice and it now says I bought 1/2 at the same price as the 3/4 is. I bought 900 3/4 in and 500 1/2, but both my samples are for 3/4 in. They are liars!!

Lumber Liquidatorsservice and product

It has been six weeks since they came in ripped up our carpets, and delivered not one, but three loads of wood that is damaged. They tell us they are going to make good on the poor quality product and don't show. We paid $5.19 a square foot for the lumber, plus installation, now they tell us we have to pay an additional .50 square foot for an upgrade or acceptable product.

Customer Service is rude, make empty promises, and then once you have the product try to sell you an upgrade.

• To
              Tom Kennerup Mar 01, 2013

Lumber Liquidators sucks!!!

Lumber Liquidatorsproduct never received

This is being sent to try yet again to get satisfaction and the product I
            have paid for back in April of this year. I just phoned Mr. Cicero and was
            referred to his voice mail, and have no expectation of any level of service
            from this man. I have copies of eleven emails from your customer
            service dept. Some say they are taking care of the situation, and others
            pretend to not understand the problem. Quite frankly I am appalled at the
            level of service I have received from your company. A good faith order was
            placed by me in April, which you immeadiately charged to my credit card. I
            have never received the item, I have been told it was on back order, I have
            been told it was on the way, I have been told it was lost, I have been told
            it was resubmitted and was on the way. Back in May I was told it was Fed
            Exed and I would receive it the following week, that never happened and when
            i asked for the tracking number I never got a response. The last email I
            received indicated it had been referred to management. That was on June 4th.
            I have still at June 12th received any correspondence from Management and
            the product still has NOT been received!!!

SUBJECT: Where's My Order?

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have transferred your email to the management team and someone will
            contact you to resolve your situation.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

John Cicero
            Customer Care
            [protected]
            Lumber Liquidators, Inc
            3000 John Deere Road
            Toano, VA 23168

Lumber Liquidatorsdo not use

We purchased $6000 worth of Teak Hardwood. All the reviews of course on their web page were favorable for little waste or problems. When we purchased the 42 boxes we asked how they dealt with problems and they assured us they always took care of their customers. During installation we continually had either cracked or defective wood. When we were finished we had 5 full boxes of defective wood. There warranty instructions say DO NOT INSTALL. We called to take it back. The store we purchased it at said the manager would call us within an hour. No call. Called back next day. Said they wouldn't take it back. Dealt with customer service for over a month. Again they take no responsiblity for their bad wood. Go with your local flooring companies. That was our mistake!!!

do not use

Lumber Liquidators — feathering of edges & discoloration of laminated floor

Utopia Brand Laminate flooring, Edges are feathering, discolor spots in floor. Lumber Liquidators will not...

Lumber Liquidatorsbad business practice

I went into the L.L. on Beltway 8 and W. Little York to buy 10' of oak transition strip. The piece was brought out and I asked the salesman "is this 10' because I need exactly 10'" he said yes but with a quizical look on his face. While I was being rung up the Lady asked me how long the transition strip was and I said it's 10' but could you please measure it because it needs to be at least 10'. She went back to measure it and came back and said 10'. I get home and it's 9'8" that's not 10'. I called them and asked if they would ship the correct size which I would pay for the extra feet if need be but I didn't think I should pay delivery. They said customer pays delivery even on their mistake. Not good business.

• Ll
                    LL Customer Care Response to Quson Dec 10, 2009

LL Customer Care Response to Quson complaint

If the service from the store was less than ideal you have the right to complain. The transitional pieces can vary in size and if they told you it was 10 linear feet and it was not, raising this issue to the store manager would be appropriate. Transitional pieces can come in different lengths, but some projects require certain sizes that may fall under the custom order category and the store can help you with custom orders. It doesn’t sound like they took the right steps based on your description of the transaction and I will notify the stores Regional Manager so they can be reminded of proper procedure. This is certainly an isolated incident and not our general practice. In the future, calling Customer Care would help as we note feedback for corrections / training opportunities for store and company personnel. You did the right thing by conducting a final inspection of the product and notifying the store – if they made you pay the shipping call Customer Care and ask for the Customer Care Mgr. and I will credit you back for the shipping as charging you was not the right thing to do in this situation.

Lumber Liquidators — poor quality/no customer service

After purchasing Bamboo flooring from LL I started having warping and buckling problems within three...

Lumber Liquidators — warranty is bogus

I ordered $3400 worth of brazilian cherry (husbc3l) for a house I was remodeling for a customer of mine. A...

Lumber Liquidators — does not have any warranty on their products

The date of this complaint will not be exact because it has been dragged out for so long. We bought some...

Lumber Liquidators — terrible company!

I am currently in a law suit with lumber liquidator. Our installer put down approximately 170 square feet of...

Lumber Liquidators — bella wood

We are building a new home. We ordered 88O square feet of 3/4" X 3.25 inch natural birch Bellawood flooring...

Lumber Liquidators — incorrect product and poor quality

Two years ago we ordered 3/4 X 4 Natural Maple hardwood flooring by Bellawood at the Manchester Nh location...

Lumber Liquidators — worst customer service

They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with in my 23 years in the trade. Deceitful, poor quality...

Lumber Liquidators — they are stink!

This has been the worst home improvement supplier I have ever delt with. Their customer service is awful. No...